IGNORED

Joy and Austin 13: Another Duggar Pregnancy Grandbaby 10

Coconut Flan

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, anaandrade said:

I sincerely hope she has this kid in mid March simply because if she has it any earlier, people are gonna be more convinced she has sex before marriage, which we know it's not true.

I just hope that the baby doesn't come on my March birthday. It's bad enough that my birthday is the same week (but not the same day) as Fuckface and D-Wreck.

6 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Of course, in the real Little House on the Prairie, Laura was teaching school at 15 and started courting her future husband around the same time. Don't let the Duggars get any ideas! (She did wait until she was 18 to marry him, though. And they were ALONE TOGETHER on a regular basis!! And kissed before marriage!!! :pb_surprised:)

A girl can get married at the age of 16 in Arkansas with her parents permission.  No one tell JB.  #ProtectHannie

I'm always seeing posts about sharing a birthdate with a Duggar so I did a quick check, I don't share a birthday with a single Duggar.  None are even really close.  I consider this a great accomplishment.

20 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I wouldn't call flipping 5 houses a 'dinky fake quest'. This is what the guy does for a living. Flipping five houses before getting engaged would prove maturity, dedication, and patience to himself, Joy, and their parents, and more importantly it would make him more financially secure.

Yeah, I don't think asking a parent for life advice is a sign of immaturity, it is quite the opposite IMO.  My son is 19 and he's itching to move out and we've told him he needs to have a good paying full time job and he should have it for 5/6 months before moving out. He isn't listening to us. He's got the job, but will be moving out right after he gets his 1st paycheck, we can't make him listen to our advice but we do give it.  Austin's father knew marrying a Duggar would mean a baby within the 1st year of marriage so having a home and a little money saved is going to be very helpful to the young family. It also keeps them out from under Boob's control.  Austin being able to support joy and Forsyth #1 himself will give the 2 of them a lot more autonomy to make their own choices, where the rest of the married Duggars, aside from JinJer are all dependent on Daddy for homes, food, clothing and their livelihood, Austin & Jeremy are supporting their help-meets.  

1 hour ago, anaandrade said:

I sincerely hope she has this kid in mid March simply because if she has it any earlier, people are gonna be more convinced she has sex before marriage, which we know it's not true.

Bolding mine.  

What do we know to be true since we are merely spectators?!

This reminds me of the speculation of previous D couples running out of the sanctuary and getting it on before the reception.

None of us were there at any D weddings/courting situations (and if any of you were, please share).  As I was not involved in their courtship or wedding, I have no idea what really took place.  Given her lifestyle, doubtful she did the nasty before marriage.... but I have seen some things in RL that would make us all do a double take.

Regardless, this is the life she expected and has been "trained up" to perform her entire life.

But I am always skeptical on saying "we all know it's not true" when "we all" were not there.

8 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Regardless, this is the life she expected and has been "trained up" to perform her entire life.

But I am always skeptical on saying "we all know it's not true" when "we all" were not there.

You don't have to take my words so literally. I said this because I'm pretty sure many on here don't think anything happened between Joy and Austin before their wedding. 

We don't know anything, but there are certain things that we can make pretty decent, educated guesses about, based on evidence, prior knowledge, and so on. We can't say for certain, but we can say with a fairly high degree of confidence that Ben and Jessa are probably not using birth control, Jill and Derick will probably keep having children, Anna will probably not divorce Josh, and Austin and Joy probably did not have sex before marriage (just to give a few examples). 

I mean, yeah, I would be careful saying 'we know'. Because we don't. But on the other hand, context matters. Just because we technically don't know something doesn't mean there's any significant possibility of it being otherwise. I don't know that Jim Bob isn't addicted to My Little Pony, but I feel pretty confident in saying that he's not.

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I don't know that Jim Bob isn't addicted to My Little Pony, but I feel pretty confident in saying that he's not.

But it would be fairly hysterical if this was a Big Reveal :)

2 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

But it would be fairly hysterical if this was a Big Reveal :)

Next time on Counting On: Jim Bob goes to his first Brony convention!

3 hours ago, SadieJane said:

I really really want to say the due date but if I stumbled on a private page, I so don't want to give anything out. Errrmygersh

I thought you were allowed to paraphrase.

I don't do anything at all if it's posted privately. This turned out to be a rp we decided anyways, but picture this. You're famous because your parents exploited you as a child which provided you with monetary stability, but with it came a huge, weird fan base. Now as a 19 year old that has been married off, you decide to keep a social media for fans to keep up on, but you also make a private one for people you actual love. Now imagine a stranger accidentally finds your private page and gets information that wasn't released and spreads it like wild fire. How do you feel? Exploited? Untrusting?  As far as the exploitation goes, they have been exploited their entire lives and things they share on private accounts I won't share. Public, yeah sure, but I won't paraphrase in the main of this thread if I can get away with it.  As it was, it seems it was just a really good Anna Rp and probably had no truth  to it.  Who knows. A quiverful female is going to have a baby in less than 9 months. That's all the paraphrasing I've got that I am entirely certain is accurate.

2 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Didn't he have to ask his daddy to give him a dinky fake quest to "earn" the right to propose, like marriage is a fuckin Boy Scouts badge? I think dude still has some growing up to do.

If I recall, Austin was like 17 or so when he approached his father for advice on what he should do to prep for marriage.  He wasn't courting Joy at that time.  Seems like his dad gave him a pretty big task to complete and honestly,  it seems like a pretty clever thing for his dad to do, because he obviously knew it was going to take him a few years to get 5 homes flipped and sold.  This was a good way to slow down Austin's pursuit of a wife, and help him build up some cash/ revenue so he could be self supporting. 

Not once do I recall JB telling any of his sons that they need to be employable, or have proven earning potential prior to getting engaged.  He gave Josh a car lot,  Josiah was fresh out of Alert with no job when he started courting.  Joe does not seem to have a job and no home yet that we know of.  JD is the only one right now that seems capable of supporting a family on his own, and even with that being said, I still think JB is his primary employer. 

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Next time on Counting On: Jim Bob goes to his first Brony convention!

This. YESS! TLC, please make this happen.

#broniesforjesus

a_good_read_by_friendshipismetal777-d56n32m.jpg

Does anyone know of quiverfull families where someone got married under the age of 18 witht heir parents permission?

Also reminds me of Gilmore Girls. Lorelei fell pregnant at the age of 16 and they seriously told her to marry Rory's father at the time but she refused. So in conservative families it is defiately a  possibility.

If Joy gives birth before Henry's one year birthday it will make four grand-Duggars in one year. If Jessa's pregnant again and Kendra follows in Joy's footsteps with a honeymoon baby it could be as many as six during a year and a half. Not to mention that Jinger, Anna and Jill could also become pregnant again before too long. 

I think we're about to enter the phase of  "who the hell are you again?" when it comes to grand-Duggars. 

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I don't know that Jim Bob isn't addicted to My Little Pony, but I feel pretty confident in saying that he's not.

And now I'm so very disappointed..... In other news, 75 posts finally! squee!!!! :dance: 

2 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Does anyone know of quiverfull families where someone got married under the age of 18 with their parents permission?

Not QF, but part of my family is very conservative Southern Baptists, you bet that accidental baby at 15 led to a shotgun wedding with parents signing off. There was a bunch of patriarchal stuff "called by God to pursue her" (he was a bit older) etc. etc. It didn't work out, he felt called again after another woman because she denied his authority over her body and took her time recovering from a C-section. He's gotten that calling a lot, nother, but since birth control is for heathens has just left kids in his wake.

She's a great Mum, has a great kid and truly believes her baby put her on a better path and away from sinful self-destruction, because actually getting medical care meant she got mental health care too.

So we talk a lot on here about brain development in adolescents and littles, but pregnancy also certainly changes what's going on in your head (and neuro effects can last up to two years IIRC). Anyone know offhand if there's a more pronounced impact with teenage mothers? I'll dig up empirical research in the morning, because I'm curious and really not a fan of this far too emotional/ random batshit crazy moments/ overly vivid dreaming.

I definitely have to give Austin's dad credit for instilling a work ethic in his son.  Take note, Jim Bob, maybe your sons would be easier to marry off if they actually did something for themselves.

3 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Does anyone know of quiverfull families where someone got married under the age of 18 witht heir parents permission?

Maranatha Chapman's daughter, Lauren. She was 16, which is older than Maranatha was when she got married (15).

Re: fundies getting married before 18, wasn't there that 17-year-old who married a woman in her early 20s? I think his name was Taylor? Was he still 17 when they married?

Oh, and not fundie at the time, but Michelle was 17 when she married Jim Bob. I kind of feel like the Duggars would be hesitant about letting their 16/17-year-old get married but not necessarily opposed. There's a really strong belief in the conservative Christian community that adolescence is more or less a modern fiction and that young marriage is a beautiful thing that should be hoped and prayed for. I've noticed it's starting to turn around a little (like a lot of the more 'fundie lite' types have realized, hey, maybe getting married at 18 to someone you've been 'courting' for three months isn't always the wisest choice) but not so much amongst full blown fundies. 

31 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Oh, and not fundie at the time, but Michelle was 17 when she married Jim Bob. I kind of feel like the Duggars would be hesitant about letting their 16/17-year-old get married but not necessarily opposed. 

Not so sure, Joy was just 19 when she started courting, Si was 18 and Marjorie was 17 when they were courting.  Kendra just turned 19 2-3 weeks ago and will be married most likely next weekend and pregnant very quickly after that. 

7 hours ago, calimojo said:

Not once do I recall JB telling any of his sons that they need to be employable, or have proven earning potential prior to getting engaged. 

Snipped. 

IIRC, don't the boys have to save money and buy their own cars and pay for gas/insurance while the girls have use of the family cars? I think that has been mentioned as a way of preparing the boys to support their own families. Of course I remember this from before, not now when houses are given out like candy. 

12 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Sounds like you're on a roll with this fan fiction you're writing, anyway.

LOL   Yep.   I was bored. 

The only way I'll really believe she was pregnant before she was married if she has a 8 lb 'premature' baby born 7 months after the wedding.  

I didn't know the people, but I went to a homeschool graduation (which was also attended by some Duggars) where one of the graduates was "graduating" a year early at 17 because she was going to get married to someone in a quiverfull family.

7 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

The only way I'll really believe she was pregnant before she was married if she has a 8 lb 'premature' baby born 7 months after the wedding.  

I agree! The announcement they made on instagram is the most pro life and conservative of all the pregnancy statements that any Duggar child has made. Clearly they are not rebelling from their parent's views and values (... yet). 

I also have a huge problem believing that Joy would flaunt such a huge belly if she was trying to hide the fact that the baby was conceived before the wedding. 

During my own early pregnancy my belly would look dramatically different depending on the time of day and what I had been eating. For the most time you could not tell that I even was pregnant before around 20 weeks, but if I wanted to take a photo of my belly I could easily look six months pregnant, if I took the photo right after a meal, from the right angle, pushing my belly slightly out etc.)

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived