IGNORED

Joy and Austin 13: Another Duggar Pregnancy Grandbaby 10

Coconut Flan

Lets hope Joy Shocks us and has a baby in a birthing center, setting a trend for her sisters to follow. Did Austins sister have her baby in the hospital? Maybe that will be something he can encourage her to do.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

Didn't she for Jessa?

she was there for number 2 and again i see Jill delivering Joy's baby 

I guarantee it and I stake money on it. 

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Wait, what? Jill delivered Henry? How did I miss this? After bleeding out with SES, she let Jill be the lead in her next, home delivery? If so, Jessa is more than a brick shy.

she was there with regards to Henry's birth  - but she didn't deliver him.  I think I saw her holding one of Jessa's legs 

Don't make me rewatch it :)

and Jill was in SCA during Spud's birth but was on facetime I think 

8 hours ago, Analytica49 said:

Once again, the public message is that women's only fulfillment is through procreation.

Just once I would like to hear the Duggars and their spawn acknowledge that women can do other things. 

Couldn't agree more and as a strong, independent woman who can do anything a man can and maybe better, i find it OH SO FUCKING INSULTING! They will never admit such a thing because then they have to admit that they repressed and stunted their daughters. They are all still young and none of them bar Fuckface have girls so I am curious for the future and to see what, if anything, changes. Whats ok in your teens and twenties isnt always still ok as you get older. You grow, you learn. Eventually.

Joy being pregent is not a shocker. I kind of hope that she would have lasted as long as Jessa before the announcement but Jill was her main sister mom after all. She also could just be carrying on the large side like Jill does so I wouldn't hold out hope that is just one baby.

As for the teen/young mom angle my second youngest cousin made an announcement over social media around July 4th that she is expecting, right now she 20 but will at least be 21 when the kid is due. Of my four cousins she's the first to reproduce. The element makes me sad and wary is that she been with the guy for barely a year and probably won't finish University. Although I feel sorry for her not just because of this but bits and pieces of other things her older half brother got go away for college with parents' support but she was encourage to stay around home. I got the vibe of my aunt & uncle putting pressure on her to lose weight at a youngish age and to exceed at things but was criticized over the little bit of things. While her younger sister was praised about things that she was criticized about. I'm wary about how things are going to turn out for her.

2 hours ago, shock928 said:

As far as how big she looks already.... I think I'm in the camp that says the moment she found out she began to eat for two and enjoy some food. Nothing wrong with that, hope she's staying healthy too though. But my guess is she's enjoying eating for two.

Cant blame her for that. I ate everything in sight for the first 3 months until sickness took over. And it was never enough! nom nom nom LOL

11 minutes ago, Jessalyn said:

Lets hope Joy Shocks us and has a baby in a birthing center, setting a trend for her sisters to follow. Did Austins sister have her baby in the hospital? Maybe that will be something he can encourage her to do.

Wouldn't be too out of the ordinary. Anna has given birth at a birthing centre. Pretty sure Jinger said that she'll be having her kids in a hospital setting. Jana also said she's leaning toward a hospital or hospital-like setting if she ever has kids. Just given the fact that Joy seems so ndoctrinated, I would expect her to try a home birth with Jill as her midwife, but I hope not.

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Wouldn't be too out of the ordinary. Anna has given birth at a birthing centre. Pretty sure Jinger said that she'll be having her kids in a hospital setting. Jana also said she's leaning toward a hospital or hospital-like setting if she ever has kids. Just given the fact that Joy seems so ndoctrinated, I would expect her to try a home birth with Jill as her midwife, but I hope not.

I think while they live close to the compound, they'll have home births unless they are told before hand they need to be in a hospital.

Jinger living in Texas probably means she'll plan for a hospital or birthing centre, simply because she's so far from her sisters. 

It will be interesting to see what Kendra does, given she wasn't raised in the family. 

6 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

She is not a child. She is a grown woman, immature as she may be, and calling her a child only serves to take away any agency she has in making decisions. 

I'm sorry, I should have used the term "adolescent" instead.  She's an adolescent and will be an adolescent for six more years.  She's not an adult; she's not a grown woman and whether or not she has agency is entirely debatable. 

She's also not old enough to drink (even though she doesn't do that anyway) or rent a car.  She's not a grown woman.  

8 minutes ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

She's an adolescent and will be an adolescent for six more years

Are you seriously implying that adolescence lasts till 25 yo? I know that the brain is still developing in the early twenties but calling a 24 yo an adolescent is absurd imho.

That's insane. You're a legal adult at 18. Joy is 19. She's an adult. This infantalizing of people in their late teens and early 20s has got to stop. It's incredibly insulting to the people in question and it does not help anyone. The fact that your brain (supposedly) does not finish developing until the age of 25 does not mean that you're a child until that point. That's pseudoscientific bullshit.

I think Joy will have a home birth. Anna unfortunately started that trend, and there can be a lot of peer pressure to follow that course.

I can imagine anyone who would have a chosen hospital birth with epidural might be viewed as weak or a wimp. I've known women who viewed themselves as better because they did unmedicated home births.

I was so shocked that Jessa and Jill tried home births again after such bad first experiences, that's why I think there is a mentality of thinking they must be tough enough to do it.

So Joy is pregnant... this is not surprising. Joy and Austin will be the couple with most Duggar grandchildren (I think Joy will have around 10 children).

My bet on the first Duggar grand-twins is on her or Jessa.

12 hours ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

Personally, the worst thing to me, about having a baby at 19, is the possibility of becoming a grandma before you're 40 years old. I'm an ageist when it comes to becoming a grandma, I want to be OLD gosh darnit.

Lol, YES!! I had my first at 20 and now she is 20 and getting married soon. I am not ready to be a grandma!! Lol

Making those congratulatory videos from the married couples public is so ridiculous. But, that said, where are the ones from Josh and Anna? hmmmm? Aren't they "super excited" and "waiting to see what God has in store for you guys"?

Oh wait... it just occured to me. I wonder if we will see super excited congrats videos when Anna and Josh have M5.

10 minutes ago, griffin said:

Oh wait... it just occured to me. I wonder if we will see super excited congrats videos when Anna and Josh have M5.

Non I think just one from JimBob/Michelle. 

And before we say we are sure Joy will have 10+ kids, let's wait on the vaginal versus section status of this one, and her actual experience of raising a kid herself (which she didn't really had to do like Jill/Jessa). Things might look very different 5 years from now. 

I'm not really surprised in general that she would get pregnant very soon but I'm surprised that she's pregnant now because I saw those pics of her and Austin going dirt biking and (as some other poster on the Josh and Anna thread said too) thought "well, I guess she is not going to have a honeymoon baby...". Light exercise and sports are encouraged for a healthy pregnancy but going on motorbikes? Either she did not know then that she was pregnant or she did know and was willing to take that risk...which is not very pro-life in my opinion....

Spoiler

Unbenannt.PNG.468329d53b75bc2d5d9635257951ec3a.PNG

I dunno. I wouldn't go dirt bike or horse riding when pregnant, but I'm sure others wouldn't play basketball until 7 or 8 months like I did. Was there video of her diet bike riding? Perhaps she was just posing?

I had my first at 19. It's not ideal. Yes I was married (and yes I'm still married to the same guy over 20 years later), but no matter how good a Mum you are, when you do most of your adult growing up and maturation as a parent (and sometimes also as a partner) it's hard. You don't have time to build and shape who you as an individual before someone else is inextricably linked to you. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it isn't ideal, and it's okay to acknowledge that. 

Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't change a thing and I have absolutely no regrets. I loved it and I'm so proud of my awesome children, who have grown to be fantastic young adults.

But in my late 30s when I realised that a lot of my identity was linked to someone else, I needed to step back to assess who I really was, and where I wanted to go as my next step. Doing that by myself for the first time in my adult life - with some stubborn thought patterns and stablished habits of mind - was challenging. 

Another thing that happened at a similar time was that my husband and I realised that a lot of our relationship was based on being parents - and our kids would be moving out soon, leaving us in a situation where we had to actively work to grow connections unrelated to parenting.

So TLDR: being a young parent can be wonderful, rewarding, fun, and it can be done extremely well. But imo it's not ideal. 

Quoted from @zygote373

Nature is complicated and the systems we as humans use to describe it are not perfect.

My point is, you can be pro-science, believe in the human endeavor to describe the natural world, understand pregnancy conventions, and still think it's silly that someone "becomes pregnant" before they've ever had sex.

I wish we as a society could have more nuanced discussions about the imperfection of science, but any hint that science is messy just leads people to ignore it as wrong or elitist. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

This is the most beautiful explanation of science that I have heard. Having worked and studied alongside scientists and engineers for years but not being one myself I've developed so much more respect for sciences and it's complexities. You however put it so much better than I ever could have. 

On the topic of Baby Forsyth 

I would love to say I'm surprised but I'm not, I would love to be happy and excited  (at least for them) but I really can't. So much about the situation just makes me sad, I wish that *she was aware* of all the opportunities and experiences that she could be having. 

That said I can't go as far as being dissapointed or upset about her having a baby. If she's happy, I guess that has to count for something. Most importantly (and I know I might be in the minority) that their baby will be wanted and loved that in itself is a blessing.

I know my parents love me and have never doubted it, however I vividly recall the first time my mom told me I was an accident and when I was old enough to piece together that they likely considered terminating the pregnancy.

None of the Duggar kids have genuinely had to question if their parents wanted them and I think that has to count for something. It might not be much in the light of the toxic religious environment but it's something. 

2 hours ago, griffin said:

Uhhhhh I hope not. The girls should never have to keep sweet and publicly acknowledge that smug fucker.  

So many of you already wrote things I would have written about Joy being pregnant, so that I will not repeat it.  

It seems as if I explained the Duggar-world too much to Mr. S., because when I tried to explain to him why I was shocked about that pregnancy, I did not need to do so. Because he was shocked all by himself. 

One thought came into my mind and that one I want to share with you: 

Congratulation Joy! It seems that all your dreams came true! 

And after this popped into my mind I felt a little sorry for her. With just 19 years she achieved all her life goals, or at least all the life goals her environment allows her to have. And she seems to be happy about it. And what pissed me of was her pro-life-bullshit-post that she wrote as if she swallowed the whole wisdom of the world and knows it better than everybody else. 

5 hours ago, BrandoBarks said:

I'm not really surprised in general that she would get pregnant very soon but I'm surprised that she's pregnant now because I saw those pics of her and Austin going dirt biking and (as some other poster on the Josh and Anna thread said too) thought "well, I guess she is not going to have a honeymoon baby...". Light exercise and sports are encouraged for a healthy pregnancy but going on motorbikes? Either she did not know then that she was pregnant or she did know and was willing to take that risk...which is not very pro-life in my opinion....

Reveal hidden contents

Unbenannt.PNG.468329d53b75bc2d5d9635257951ec3a.PNG

When was this picture taken? it's possible she didn't know she was pregnant.

But yes, it's not pro-life, because riding a motorbike in a long dress is extremelly dangerous... for Joy's life.

Maybe she wasn't riding, just posing for the picture.

I look 5 months pregnant after eating chipotle. I hope she has a healthy pregnancy and goes full term.  Her life isnt over and there is no telling how much kool aid drinking these women will be doing as they get older. Especially when tbe cameras stop

5 hours ago, BrandoBarks said:

I saw those pics of her and Austin going dirt biking

This horse is dead. BEYOND dead.

7 hours ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

I'm sorry, I should have used the term "adolescent" instead.  She's an adolescent and will be an adolescent for six more years.  She's not an adult; she's not a grown woman and whether or not she has agency is entirely debatable. 

Ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. I had my daughter, by your measure, when I was still an "adolescent." Uhhh. Nope.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived