IGNORED

Joy and Austin 13: Another Duggar Pregnancy Grandbaby 10

Coconut Flan

20 minutes ago, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

Well excuse me for having an opinion. 

You obviously don't know how this place works, so a little FYI. People post their opinions, others then read them, and respond, either agreeing or disagreeing and generally expounding on them. It isn't anything personal, unless you get a retort like the one you posted. 

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time I take a fj break for a few days, one of these crazy fundies announces a pregnancy! I have so much to catch up on. 

I'm not surprised that she's pregnant, nor am I worried simply because she's 19. I was pregnant with my second (planned) baby when I was her age. My husband and I certainly aren't perfect but we're good parents. It can be done. If Joy and Austin were regular people I'd say that if take their roles as parents seriously, educate themselves on how to have a healthy baby and how to keep them safe, they can do a great job! However we all know that baby will be drinking Fundie Kool Aid bottles and Joy has the maturity of a 15  year old. So that's pretty sad. 

I was surprised at how much she's showing at first, but a short waist + big boobs = you look super pregnant, super fast. She looks absolutely beautiful.

1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

You obviously don't know how this place works, so a little FYI. People post their opinions, others then read them, and respond, either agreeing or disagreeing and generally expounding on them. It isn't anything personal, unless you get a retort like the one you posted. 

My opinion I think Jill has had a tough time adjusting to motherhood. I know all about her terrors in big bad Central America. My opinion, I can't call myself to feel she will "thrive" now that she is back in her own culture, amongst family and whatever friends she has, and all that. I think Joy will do a much better job mothering than Jill, if Joy was to be left to her own devices. I say that because of what I can see in Joy's personality and her approach in sister/mom-hood compared to Jill's. My opinion,  Jill has blanket trained and Jessa hasn't. I just hope Joy doesn't take that kind of parenting advice from Jill. How can I take commenting about people I have never met and only know through a contrived reality show/social media sites personal? Your wording seemed a tad condescending. My "excuse me for having an opinion", was simply me rolling my eyes at the condescending tone.  I've read  other posts/replies and never picked up on a condescending tone. Thanks for the schooling and my apologizes if I read condescension where none was meant. 

Guys, seriously, this two did literally nothing before getting married. She is a fucking Duggar After all. The huge bump could be a combination of posture, bloatness, and getting pregnant on the first try because she is fucking 19 and on the peak of her fertility.

And Jessa looked like that i seem to remember

Jill raised children before.  Changed, dressed, told stories, rocked to sleep, got up in the night.  They took their first steps for her, came to her when hurt, they were her first children.  Isreal and Sam will not do much that she has not done with some sibling before them. Because Jill seemed to give a great deal as a sister mom, perhaps it slightly yesterday's news for her.  It sure isn't anything new.

Jill will have her kids personalities as firsts unless Dwreck stiffles them beyond expression. 

l love my son.  But having so much experience with tiny babies I was never totally awed that he smiled- happy, pleased, joyful, but not over the moon.  I enjoyed his accompishments, but not the same way as my dear friend whose son was her first experience of a baby.

11 minutes ago, Greendoor said:

Jill raised children before.  Changed, dressed, told stories, rocked to sleep, got up in the night.  They took their first steps for her, came to her when hurt, they were her first children.  Isreal and Sam will not do much that she has not done with some sibling before them. Because Jill seemed to give a great deal as a sister mom, perhaps it slightly yesterday's news for her.  It sure isn't anything new.

Jill will have her kids personalities as firsts unless Dwreck stiffles them beyond expression. 

l love my son.  But having so much experience with tiny babies I was never totally awed that he smiled- happy, pleased, joyful, but not over the moon.  I enjoyed his accompishments, but not the same way as my dear friend whose son was her first experience of a baby.

To be fair to Jill the earliest she got them was 6 months old, she'd have never experienced recovering from major surgery whilst discovering how to breastfeed and dealing with the sleep patterns of a newborn. Nothing, I repeat nothing, prepares you for that. 

Not surprised.

But there is nothing right about a 19 year old having a baby. Nothing. I can't even think about celebrating or seeing the "congratulations" videos and posts because it's a tragedy for Joy.  that's all it is.....wishing them "congratulations"would be insincere.  She's got no chance to grow into her own self.    

I think Joy will have a hospital birth.   After Jill's 40 hours of stupidly laboring knowing she's going to have a 10 pounder plus baby after a c-section, I think that may have scared the others and re-set the plans of the smarter Duggars.    I think Austin and Joy are the smartest, sensible, common sense of them all planning for a future with real life skills.   Joy and Austin are  all in the Fundie mindset but they aren't in the ministry preaching the stupid crap.    And Jeremy a preacher for his church of like 35 people in a chapel the size of my bedroom, I'm so totally unimpressed with him too.    Get a real job, support your family, your wife is close to her sisters and family more than a regular woman, she needs to be back in AR Jeremy!

I do wonder if Jinger is more than happy to be away from the TTH. She has blossomed. IMO I don't think she is missing them all that much!! She can Skype, fly back occasionally.  No, I think she is more than happy to be so far away.

Just now, Gobsmacked said:

I do wonder if Jinger is more than happy to be away from the TTH. She has blossomed. IMO I don't think she is missing them all that much!! She can Skype, fly back occasionally.  No, I think she is more than happy to be so far away.

I think the distance allows the Vuolos to more easily make their own independent decisions. I agree that for now, Ginger is better off living away from Duggarville. 

56 minutes ago, Henk12 said:

Every time I take a fj break for a few days, one of these crazy fundies announces a pregnancy! I have so much to catch up on. 

That's going to happen more and more :pb_lol:

It made me think actually, how far back do we have to go to get to a time when no Duggar was pregnant? The way we're going there's always going to be at least one pregnancy happening at any given time.  

IMO, a married 19 year old having a baby isn't a "tragedy". There have been several people in this thread who have stated they had children around that age and while I'm sure some of them found life to be hard at times, most of then probably wouldn't say their life automatically ended the day they got pregnant. I get being sad for Joy because she has never really known anything else besides God, marriage, and babies, but at the end of the day this is exactly the kind of life she wants to have, at least for now.

And I'm sure Jinger is doing just fine in Texas. Lots of women move away from their families after marriage, even women who are extremely close to their families. They make new friends and adapt. I really doubt Jinger is withering away because she isn't a stone's throw from her mommy and daddy's house like her siblings.

@PVMomWhat is wrong with a 19 year old woman having a baby with her husband? If she wants the baby, they're financially and emotionally stable, then there's nothing wrong with a 19 year old having a child. Joy and Austin? They're fundie so obviously that's no good, but a normal 19 year old having a baby isn't necessarily a bad thing. I know 19 year old parents who are better parents than people in their 30s. 

1 hour ago, Greendoor said:

Jill raised children before.  Changed, dressed, told stories, rocked to sleep, got up in the night.  They took their first steps for her, came to her when hurt, they were her first children. 

Ugh this just made me so sad mostly because we know it's all true. I know Jill is irritating and a fundie but damn what a truly screwed up childhood.

1 hour ago, SuffolkNWhat said:

To be fair to Jill the earliest she got them was 6 months old, she'd have never experienced recovering from major surgery whilst discovering how to breastfeed and dealing with the sleep patterns of a newborn. Nothing, I repeat nothing, prepares you for that. 

I do think that being a sister mom is different than parenting your own kids. Not that Jill didn't do significant work, but she was following directions from her parents and not responsible for making independent decisions. I think the ability to adjust and make decisions in the moment is what Jill struggles with, as well as perfectionist tendencies and doubting herself.

She was good at following specific commands/expectations for sister mom responsibilities but lacks the skills requiring independence and thinking/trusting herself.

The only tragedy about Joy having a baby is the fact that it will be fundie aka fake Christian, and want me and many others killed. 

A married woman having a planned baby. Happens every day. 

This has nothing to with Joy's particular situation and my view on her pregnancy but after catching up I have to say I am shocked by the amount of posters stating how they would treat (meaning being unhappy and disappointed, pushing an abortion) their own children if they would get pregnant that early. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? If your child gets pregnant you better support it in their decision wether to keep the babe or not. This is not your decision to make. It is their body and their life. Being a parent means to help your children to learn how to life their own live (obviously my point of view). Not spilling an attitude of knowing everything better.

Looking back, this 30year old would start in her earliest twenties to get pregnant. If you wish you would have gotten your child later in life- your child would be someone else and you would have raised it differently. Maybe you wouldn't have been able to get pregnant at all. I can see where you coming from but you realise it is not like getting the child you have now just later or in an improved version. You would be different, your experiences would have been different, you would raise it different.

There will never be the one right way. We might think it would have been better if things were different but there is no certainty. It is just imagination. I do it too, but I know the things I imagine are probably not the reality that would have been. Please note: I am not talking personal traumas or a pregnancy from rape. This are highly complex and difficult areas I won't touch.

And here something that might hit deep for some: Sometimes I wonder why all this children mentioned here are still so "young and irresponsible". I get that not everyone matures at the same pace (whatever you think is mature enough) but some descriptions really astonished me.

And one last word about the Duggars and Co: I am 100% sure they know when they ovulate (+-36h). Ovulationsticks are quite cheap and are a great addition to keeping a temperature chart. 

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think the distance allows the Vuolos to more easily make their own independent decisions. I agree that for now, Ginger is better off living away from Duggarville. 

I wonder what will happen with Joy they are 45 minutes from TTH, sure it is close, but not so close as I expect to see her at TTH every day like Jill and Jessa, maybe a weekly visit, at least this is what it was like w/ my sister who lived 40 minutes away.  Granted we both have full time jobs and stuff to other wise occupy our time but I still don't see her packing up little Forsyth's and traveling an hour an a 1/2 a day everyday.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:42 AM, singsingsing said:

No idea why he and Austin's mother had only two kids. They may have just not been able to have any more. 

Not 100% up on the ramifications of only having 2 kids in a fundie marriage.  If God gives you the gift of as many children as he thinks you can handle, do other fundies look down on them because God only thought they could handle two?  

18 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

This has nothing to with Joy's particular situation and my view on her pregnancy but after catching up I have to say I am shocked by the amount of posters stating how they would treat (meaning being unhappy and disappointed, pushing an abortion) their own children if they would get pregnant that early. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? If your child gets pregnant you better support it in their decision wether to keep the babe or not. This is not your decision to make. It is their body and their life. Being a parent means to help your children to learn how to life their own live (obviously my point of view). Not spilling an attitude of knowing everything better.

I don't remember seeing anyone say they would make their kid have an abortion.  I said I'd kick my son's ass for being irresponsible, but what happened beyond that is going to be his responsibility.  MY child is the 29 days younger than Joy, he's got a full time job and is about to move into his 1st apartment with a friend so his first place on his own.  Joy has/had no idea what it is like to live on your own and be responsible for EVERYTHING, she had all these brothers and sisters around to help with the load, and her grandmother and in theory her parents. I'm not saying she won't do well and she won't enjoy it, I think she'll be fine but that is because she was raise to think this is why she is here, to have babies, she won't question, why she didn't get to do this or that, like other people might in the same situation.

There is no way Jostin did the deed before marriage. Aside from the logistical difficulty, they seem as dedicated to purity thought as any of the couples have been so far.

Also, at the risk of sounding super creepy, the eyes they were making at each other when laying tiles in Counting On took me waaaaaaay back to my early teens when I was wasn't sexually active yet, but totally wanted to be. It's super anecdotal, but I honestly think they were exhibiting a type of flirting that is so visible in couples who want to have sex but haven't yet, especially young couples. 

I've learned a lot about what affects baby bump size in this thread :my_smile: That said, I'm still betting on twins. Fraternal twins have a genetic component, right? With how many kids there are going to be, it's practically just a question of "when" for third-generation Duggar twins. Why not now?

49 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

The only tragedy about Joy having a baby is the fact that it will be fundie aka fake Christian, and want me and many others killed. 

A married woman having a planned baby. Happens every day. 

I would love to meet Derrick or Jeremy or Boob and just tell them that they are sinners and are going to burn in hell, and when they scream persecution, I will remind them that that do this to others EVERY DAMN day.  You don't want anyone to tell you how to live your life? Then STFU and don't tell me how to live mine.  

As a boring Cisgendered woman, who has been married to the same man for 21 years, who's never been divorced, never had an abortion, considers herself a born again Christian, I drive people like the Duggar's CRAZY! What with my liberal talk, my Feminazi views, support of the ebil gays, and my pro choice ways I really fuck with their small minded little minds.  I can talk their talk, I can quote bible verse for bible verse and get philosophical about God, and Christ. It really blows their minds when they find out I'm NOT like them after all. 

I know it would land on morally superior deaf ears, but maybe someone else in ear shot might think, 'hey, she's got a point'.

@allthegoodnamesrgone but in Joy's case it doesn't really matter if she is 19 or 25. Her situation is the same. She maybe would have started to question things (maybe she did, who knows) with more time at home or maybe not. Jana hasn't left and I predict wether a Tabitha Paine end or being the "spinster" caring for her old parents and then her aunts and nephews. Horrible prospects of you ask me, at least if it isn't your own choice. When she married they might not portrait her as giggly as her younger sister but I highly doubt she is better equipped in terms of education or capabilities. She is the biggest J-slave after all. Point is: Joy's age is only concerning in terms of how many fertile years she has in front of her. The rest is the same for all the young women in this cult.

My concern is their lack of choices and their cult not their level of maturity.

19 hours ago, Palindrome said:

I wonder if any of the Duggar girls will refuse to have their births filmed for TV? I wonder if they have that choice? Probably not. I can't see Jinger, for example, being overly excited to be filmed...

Remember back in the olden days when our fave fam was over yonder in Asia?

All the women and girls dressed and were made up like geishas (or something) and Jinger initially refused and one of them said that she gets really embarrassed. And her discomfort was so very, very evident! So that type of reticence, combined with Jeremy's controlling ways, I doubt we will see a JinJer birth of any sort.

Ah, toilet births. Them was the good old, gravy train days, huh, JB?!

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived