IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 4: Aren't They Married Yet? Yes, they are. Pictures inside.

Coconut Flan

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The keeping up with fundies tumblr posted this pic

tumblr_ow0c9uX1jD1uipssao1_500.png

I found her Instagram and it's public, but do we know more about her? Could she be someone's special friend or is she just a family friend? She's apparently at the Duggar house often. 

@eveandadam I think you are being very optimistic. Most likely, the 'new' courtship is Joe + Kendra. Because, so far in the last season we only saw him asking her dad for permission.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

I like sparklers in theory but with these fundies it looks ike some kind of "you're going to bang!" ritual.

2 hours ago, Lurky said:

But the idea a 19 year old girl only has 1 friend her own age who she likes enough to be a bridesmaid makes me sad for her.

This is exactly what I thought. How sad if Joe's sisters are the only people she feels close to. Or more likely feels obligated to include.

She looks very pretty in the photo  but if you take away the veil it looks like a prom/formal photo. The flowers really also nice but seem way too mature for her.

The synopsis for the episode says something along the lines of "Joe asks Kendra a very important question." The new courtship is definitely referring to them.

We had sparklers for our getaway at my wedding! Made for some fun photos!

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

Dills were also Cross Church, Rogers and the Seewalds were hitched at a Baptist Church in Fayetteville (name long forgotten). 

If this has been corrected already then apologies. I just got up and fed the baby and there are another five pages to go.

I listed the Churches the couples married in on their family summaries (except the Smuggars I think.) Here you go:

- Dills married June 21,2014 at Cross Church in Springdale.

- Seewalds married November 1, 2014 at First Baptist Church in Bentonville.

- Jinger and Baaaaaaaaaabe married November 5, 2016 at some Church in the John Brown University campus in Siloam Springs.

- JoStin married May 26, 2017 at Cross Church in Rogers.

Is that girl in the pic with Josie one of the Bates? I am not familiar with the younger ones below Tori/Carlin.

I also came across a cute vid of Meredith and Spurgeon jumping for joy and having a grand ole time at the reception.

11 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

Is that girl in the pic with Josie one of the Bates? I am not familiar with the younger ones below Tori/Carlin.

I also came across a cute vid of Meredith and Spurgeon jumping for joy and having a grand ole time at the reception.

She's not a Bates. Her IG is public and she doesn't "look" fundie at all in her pictures.

Where is the vid?

39 minutes ago, BundleofJoy said:

I found her Instagram and it's public, but do we know more about her? Could she be someone's special friend or is she just a family friend? She's apparently at the Duggar house often. 

Her name is Kari Yancy, and I highly doubt she is a potential love interest for anyone. She's a professional singer/actress (looks to be doing mostly musicals). That's her on the right:

Not exactly Duggar approved.

@JillyO well, maybe someone is stepping out of their comfort zone? I'd laugh my ass of if J.D. would announce a courtship or whatever... 

well, a girl can dream, but nevertheless, it is a bit strange that she appears to be in the TTH more often, so that Josie has the chance to chase her around the house or bring her bugs. You wouldn't exactly do that to a one-time-houseguest now, i suppose? (I wouldn't but well...)

16 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

She's not a Bates. Her IG is public and she doesn't "look" fundie at all in her pictures.

Where is the vid?

The vid is on Keeping up with the fundies tumblr page. 

Yeah, I wasn't convinced she was a Bates alright, but haven't really followed them for about a year, I know Katie and Josie and another one must be getting late teens/older girls now but not sure what they look like. That girl in the pic with Josie does look familiar , but maybe it is just I have just seen her in other group photos recently.

I see others have figured it out already, and I am way off the mark.

@Imaginary_Wonderland Thanks! They're so cute. They look like the best of friends.

There's another video on there of Meredith coming down a slide and someone pulls her away quickly. Maybe Anna? She moved quick for someone who is (possibly) super pregnant.

ETA: Figured out how to link the video: http://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/post/165146621527/duggar-kids-playing-during-what-i-guess-is-the

24 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

@VelociRapture Wasn't Jinger and Baaaabe's wedding at Cathedral of the Ozarks?

According to People, yes. Cathedral of the Ozarks on the John Brown University campus.

https://www.google.com/amp/people.com/celebrity/jinger-duggar-marries-soccer-player-jeremy-vuolo/amp/

(Thanks! Couldn't remember the actual Church name.)

Just now, VelociRapture said:

(Thanks! Couldn't remember the actual Church name.)

That is the only one I remember as my brain turns it into the Cathedral of the Wizard of Oz every.single.time. lol :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I like sparklers in theory but with these fundies it looks ike some kind of "you're going to bang!" ritual.

I like sparklers at the wedding. It's different.  But I think TLC persuaded Kendra($$$) to "request" her new in laws only in the wedding party 

don't forget honeymoon pictures this weekend after the dethroning because they are now in Africa :D 

they aren't but we can pretend they are 

until we know for sure. 

6 minutes ago, Penny said:

Does it bother anyone that Joe tilts his head in pictures with her? I just doesn't feel natural to me. 

My husband does this in photos, it's his natural photo stance as I'm a foot shorter than him!

1 hour ago, BemusedByFundamentalism said:

I really wonder if all those weddings don't become SEVERELY boring to the ones that have to show up at every one of them. Maybe I'm just not channeling the whole mega family thing right, but I just can't imagine that you can find the same inner excitement and joy for each wedding, especially when there's one every so many months. 

I totally get your point, but I don't think fundies get weddinged out. Mainly because it's the main form of social interaction for them, apart from the odd conference. I would imagine for young people in particular, it's their best chance of expanding their social circle slightly to find potential spouses. 

As for the ceremony part, we'd it painful find sitting through similar white men talking about themselves, God and the bride (in that order) in cookie-cutter fashion every week for weeks on end in wedding season. For fundies it's "testimony" and almost as if each "testimony" thusly presented is somehow unique. 

My main question of how fundies deal with all the weddings is the cost. All the couples seem to have quite extensive and expensive registries, and obviously they're starting with nothing as they don't live together beforehand. Excluding the Duggars with their planes, most fundies seem to drive to weddings, so they then also have to fork out for petrol, accommodation for their ridiculously large families and probably also meals as well, since fundies are too tight to provide proper meals at their receptions. Can a a family of 6, which is small by fundie standards, afford to be splashing out $500 every week, which is probably what they're looking at for a wedding a distance away?

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived