IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 4: Aren't They Married Yet? Yes, they are. Pictures inside.

Coconut Flan

12 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Most of the time, the Duggar boy appear to be flat and emotionless. However, I see Joseph displaying genuine joy -- he seems elated to be married to Kendra. He will be a good husband. He told her that when he said "I do", he was devoting himself to her forever. Then, they did a side hug (they must've forgotten that they are married now). He seems to really love and adore Kendra.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think so too. 

Joe always seemed pretty happy to be with Kendra, and I think it showed during the courtship (not that we've seen a lot of it) - for example having the bachelorette party at a lake - because Kendra wanted it. I think they will be a good match, and he seems to treat her well.

I do wish them best of luck. I am slightly optimistic towards this pairing :)

Random thoughts:

I don't think it was weird that Joe's sisters were Kendra' s bridesmaids. Most fundie wedding parties consist of the bride and groom's siblings and a few friends. 

Carlin Bates was not at the wedding! She was in Atlanta with one of her sisters.

People magazine reported that there will be a sneak peek of the wedding Monday morning, but we'll have to wait a month for the wedding special.

5 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

I don't think it was weird that Joe's sisters were Kendra' s bridesmaids. Most fundie wedding parties consist of the bride and groom's siblings and a few friends. 

I don't think it's weird, either. And I wouldn't think it was weird if Kendra didn't really have any close friends besides the Duggar girls. Their families have been tight for a long time, apparently, and not everyone needs or wants 15 best friends.

I think people are assuming that Kendra had them because they're Joe's sisters. Maybe she had them because they're her friends and they just happened to be Joe's sisters. 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

I think people are assuming that Kendra had them because they're Joe's sisters. Maybe she had them because they're her friends and they just happened to be Joe's sisters. 

They all go to such a small church and are severely limited to their local social circle. So I imagine they are friends. Especially Joy and Kendra. 

1 hour ago, divadivine said:

Whoever pulls Meredith from the arms of the girl who took her down the slide did so rather hastily. Lord, that had to hurt. Was that one of BinBoob's little sisters holding Meredith on the slide? Also, if there were adults in the room why didn't one of them tell the children about proper slide etiquette- you don't go down the slide until the person in front of you has moved away from the bottom of the slide? Wait, I forgot who we are dealing with here. Jesus will protect everyone from broken bones and being trampled on the slide in the children's fellowship room. I'm fairly sure that slide is only intended for really young children- probably 6 and under. But what do I know? All I could think while watching the video was Danger, Will Robinson!!!! 

Party pooper!  The best part of going down the slid is the gang pile on the bottom.  At least it was for me when I was a kid, and my kids  when they were little. 

also, I think there would've been a big shitstorm if the duggar girls wouldn't have been in the wedding too. Especially Joy, since Joe and Kendra got engaged at their wedding.

Alas, it seems like they cannot do it right. If you don't have them, there would be talk about it, and because she had them, they wonder if she doesn't have friends. I'd think there are other things that are more troublesome, like the fact that she just got married with 19 (even though they seem to be a good match, it still think that is a lot more troubling than the fact that she had specific people in her wedding party..)

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They all go to such a small church and are severely limited to their local social circle. So I imagine they are friends. Especially Joy and Kendra. 

Joy & Kendra are friends so her being in the wedding doesn't surprise me, I'm sure she wants to be close to the other sisters since she'll be living with them in the Duggar complex of Boob owned homes. 

Michelle must be scratching her head trying to figure out why none of her married daughters asked her to  be in their wedding party. So much for 'my mom is one of my best friends'.

i like what we see so far of Kendra's dress. They look very happy together.

16 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Party pooper!  The best part of going down the slid is the gang pile on the bottom.  At least it was for me when I was a kid, and my kids  when they were little. 

It goes back to my teaching career and background knowledge of school law. Playgrounds are the biggest liability a school carries and the younger the students the higher the liability. 

Carlin wasn't there? She had to have been in the "getting to know you stage" with Joe like we were all predicting back then. :pb_lol: 

16 minutes ago, divadivine said:

It goes back to my teaching career and background knowledge of school law. Playgrounds are the biggest liability a school carries and the younger the students the higher the liability. 

When you throw that in. Yeah, people suck, but I really did love the fun of seeing how many kids we could cram on the slide at once. I also remember enjoying cramming 10 girls into my Chevy hatchback in 1987 and driving around town. Or hoping in the back of a pick up truck with 15 other people and driving around.  We didn't always make the wisest of choices in our youth, but this was before we sued everyone for our own stupidity. 

I definitely see genuine love in that video but to me, Kendra still seems very child-like :(. I hope CO features a decent amount of J&K so we can see her personality - right now I just see bland vanilla. I'm sure some of it is age and probably being uncomfortable with the limelight - I know I would hate that. She's the first sister in law since Anna, which makes her more interesting to me. 

@HarleyQuinn I forgot about that! What a bizarre match Joe and Carlin would have been. I wish one of the chattier Bates girls would confirm or deny that rumor for good, I know the Duggars never will.

44 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

also, I think there would've been a big shitstorm if the duggar girls wouldn't have been in the wedding too. Especially Joy, since Joe and Kendra got engaged at their wedding.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. 

If I were Kendra and had married a guy with several, I think that the safest thing to do would be to ask all the sisters above an appropriate age to be in the wedding party. That way no one is excluded. 

While me and my fiancee don't have huge families, we do have a lot of friends, but the wedding party will be family only. We  don't want a large wedding party, and having my sister as maid of honor is just easier than choosing between my closest friends. 

16 hours ago, eyerollsforjesus said:

According to a family friend's Instagram, some sort of wedding festivities happened today. #duggarwedding 

IMG_8745.PNG

Not only do they not spell (it's TOO !!!!) but they don't really dress up (jeans??) for a wedding.    Was the wedding in a barn? 

1 minute ago, MoonFace said:

Not only do they not spell (it's TOO !!!!) but they don't really dress up (jeans??) for a wedding.    Was the wedding in a barn? 

So, we are not going to comment on the belt or whatever those guys have on and the trucker hats... Jeans are the least of their problems

What I did like in the video of JoKen was that he spent a lot more time looking at HER adoringly than she did at him!

5 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

I definitely see genuine love in that video but to me, Kendra still seems very child-like :(.

Agree with this. Joe does seem happier and more animated around her and it will be interesting to see how they interact on the show. I wonder if this is partly to do with him being largely ignored in is own family and just enjoying one-to-one attention. I am curious how his personality will develop over the coming months now he is a) out of TTH and b) will be alone with somebody who appears to be encouraging and supportive.

I'm rooting for you, JoKen! But also sceptical of seeing anything other than exactly what they have been brainwashed into believing is the correct way to live.

7 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

What I did like in the video of JoKen was that he spent a lot more time looking at HER adoringly than she did at him!

Yup! I've noticed this about Joy and Austin too. Austin is the one that always looks at her in videos. The staring adoringly thing is still kinda creepy to me, but I'm glad the guys are getting in on it and it's not just the girls!

14 hours ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

It could be worse.

[picture snip]

I wouldn't put it past some of these Duggar boys to wear something like this to a wedding... :pb_lol: Kind of hoping John David does if he ever gets married.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived