IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 4: Aren't They Married Yet? Yes, they are. Pictures inside.

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, BundleofJoy said:

The keeping up with fundies tumblr posted this pic

tumblr_ow0c9uX1jD1uipssao1_500.png

I found her Instagram and it's public, but do we know more about her? Could she be someone's special friend or is she just a family friend? She's apparently at the Duggar house often. 

She's a girl that is really good friends with cooper dauer from what I can tell... and she also Starr's in Disney musicals year round.

she wears a lot of 'nike' clothes on them! Lol

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tip to all the Duggar guys: Take note of how Josh has always treated Anna. When you get married, treat your spouse the exact opposite of that. 

ETA - This is good advice for everyone, but we "normal" people should know this already, while the Duggar guys only have their inner circle to learn from.

I may have missed the discussion but it looks like a pale pinkish peach was one of her colors? Between the flowers, Meredith, and possible picture on Instagram ( was that an old picture of Jinger in the Duggar wedding tag?) 

Sigh...she will be pregnant by Thanksgiving. Hope her mom taught her all the "homemaking" skills she will need to be a proper fundie wife. Joe better save as much money as he can from TLC.  Won't be able to live off the show forever.

Yeah, an announcement around christmas is quite likely. Sadly, the poor girl might be a mom before she's ever properly lived (working, travelling, doing things on her own and all the crazy things us heathens do)

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

snipped....

There's another video on there of Meredith coming down a slide and someone pulls her away quickly. Maybe Anna? She moved quick for someone who is (possibly) super pregnant.

ETA: Figured out how to link the video: http://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/post/165146621527/duggar-kids-playing-during-what-i-guess-is-the

Whoever pulls Meredith from the arms of the girl who took her down the slide did so rather hastily. Lord, that had to hurt. Was that one of BinBoob's little sisters holding Meredith on the slide? Also, if there were adults in the room why didn't one of them tell the children about proper slide etiquette- you don't go down the slide until the person in front of you has moved away from the bottom of the slide? Wait, I forgot who we are dealing with here. Jesus will protect everyone from broken bones and being trampled on the slide in the children's fellowship room. I'm fairly sure that slide is only intended for really young children- probably 6 and under. But what do I know? All I could think while watching the video was Danger, Will Robinson!!!! 

23 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Next Duggar wedding? June 2018: Josiah

Is Josiah with someone? I think I missed this. 

Just now, BeccaGrim said:

Not that we know of. There's been some speculation because he's suddenly back on Instagram, but as far as I know he hasn't been spotted with anyone. I think he kind of hinted that he was interested in someone last season, but they always do that and usually nothing comes of it. Still, I'd say he's probably the one to watch for now.

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

My main question of how fundies deal with all the weddings is the cost. All the couples seem to have quite extensive and expensive registries, and obviously they're starting with nothing as they don't live together beforehand. Excluding the Duggars with their planes, most fundies seem to drive to weddings, so they then also have to fork out for petrol, accommodation for their ridiculously large families and probably also meals as well, since fundies are too tight to provide proper meals at their receptions. Can a a family of 6, which is small by fundie standards, afford to be splashing out $500 every week, which is probably what they're looking at for a wedding a distance away?

Yes, I've been wondering about that part too! When I saw the save the dates coming in two years ago, I started putting money away each month in order to be able to give each couple a proper wedding gift (money is quite tight in my household). And you're right, there's also the extra costs that come with attending a wedding. 
I honestly don't understand how they do it. The only thing I can think of is that they actually don't buy all those expensive wedding registry gifts, but instead gift equally to what they, as guests, receive. For example their gift is the equivalent of "salty snacks, coffee (no tea!) and a cupcake". 

I like Kenda's dress from the little that I've seen. :) Mind you my opinion doesn't matter. 

Some thoughts:

I didn't recognize Amy until I saw the title on the instagram picture.

Could Josie have been in a larger dress? That thing was way too big for her! And that HAIR! I know she was at home after the reception, but did anyone get that child to comb her hair at all yesterday?

Wedding decorations tossed together, then on floor, salty snack reception, yep. Duggar wedding.

I'd love to see what Michelle wore.

Joe and Kendra, I'm happy for ya'll and I hope you have a wonderful life together, but I'm really more interested in:

-Seeing the entirety of Kendra's dress

-Seeing the bridesmaids dresses

-Seeing who made up the rest of the wedding party

-Fundie spotting in the crowd of guests

-Is Josiah glued to his phone???

-Is Anna still pregnant???

-Was Josh forced to hold a sparkler in front of his face the entire evening???

So in conclusion, more photos plz.

6 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

Sparklers are awesome!

...though if I were potentially editing someone out of a background in something, I'd love there to be sparklers. 

My cousin and wife just got married and their send off included sparklers.  I agree very easy to hide those we don't mention.

4 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Could Josie have been in a larger dress? That thing was way too big for her! And that HAIR! I know she was at home after the reception, but did anyone get that child to comb her hair at all yesterday?

Michelle is probably still trying to make Josie's hair curly with baby lotion.

10 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

It looks like Josie is wearing the same dress as one of her sisters wore in Jinger's wedding, is it Jordyn or Jenni?

Spoiler

13 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm not sure about the flowers either. I'd need another photo to see what the full look is like. It could make sense if they were aiming for a certain "feel" to the wedding.

Yeah, I love the colors (very classy and classic, nineteen-year-old Kendra, I am impressed) but the roses look a bit worn, like they weren't refrigerated or watered properly. I think the candle stands actually look really nice too. 

Are Duggar weddings getting better or are my standards just getting worn down?

33 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I had the weirdest dream that I saw him somewhere and I saw him texting someone and thinking yep he is the next one and trying to get a picture to post on Free Jinger.  I woke up thinking that maybe I need to choose different bedtime reading material :tw_grin:

http://www.duggarfamily.com/2017/9/message-from-joe-and-kendra

Kendra seems just inarticulate enough to be a Duggar.

They definitely check off all the requisite fundie wedding phrases in this video, but underneath that they do seem really genuinely happy. I think Joe married a girl he's actually in love with, likes, and is attracted to, and not all fundies can say the same, so that's a good thing.

43 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Not that we know of. There's been some speculation because he's suddenly back on Instagram, but as far as I know he hasn't been spotted with anyone. I think he kind of hinted that he was interested in someone last season, but they always do that and usually nothing comes of it. Still, I'd say he's probably the one to watch for now.

Am I the only one who wants it to be the oldest Rodriguez daughter?  Really would love to see JB and Michelle having to deal with JRod's insanity on the regular.  How over the top would that wedding special be?  Plexus for everyone!

11 minutes ago, BundleofJoy said:

It looks like Josie is wearing the same dress as one of her sisters wore in Jinger's wedding, is it Jordyn or Jenni? 

That's Jenni. 

I think Kendra looked so beautiful, probably the prettiest fundie bride I have seen next to Priscilla. I didn't even think she looked like a teen bride. While I do feel sorry for her because she is marrying into the Duggar family I am glad she is marrying Joseph. He seems to be sweet and thoughtful from what I have seen from him. Even when Josh was engaged to Anna he made my skin crawl with the way he treated her. However, it will be much harder for Joseph and Kendra to go less extreme in their beliefs because Joseph will be expected to uphold all of the rules instilled by Jim Bob because he is the headship. Can any former gothardite tell me if the "umbrella of authority" extends to men outside of the home after marriage or can they make up their own guidelines?

7 hours ago, JillyO said:

I agree with the rest of your post, but this part irked me. The fact that Kendra in all probability does not know what she likes in the bedroom and doesn't know how to speak up about it has nothing to do with her being a teenager. It's because she was brought up in a fucked-up cult where she was taught that she must always please her husband sexually no matter her own desires, and where she was not allowed to even think about sex up until her wedding date, let alone explore her own body or *gasp* someone else's. It wouldn't be the least bit different if she was 5 or 10 years older.

You are totally right, it would be the same. When I wrote that, I was more or less thinking about her ability to speak up and say "No, this is too fast, can we slow this down, let's kiss longer, ... etc." Things that most teenagers have probably said before when they were first becoming physical with someone or physical for the first time ever.  And as a teenager, especially a fundie one, she doesn't have the emotional maturity or experience that someone older would have in  similar circumstance. Not that it would be that much better for someone older. 

Josh always made my skin crawl, he was always my least favourite Duggar, and long before the scandals he came across as totally smarmy and phony. Joe doesn't strike me that way at all. Obviously I don't know the guy and he could be a complete asshole, but he doesn't seem like he's trying to play a part or impress anyone. He seems pretty genuine and caring. I'll never forget him choking up in the first season of Counting On when he was interviewed about Josh and saying that what Josh did broke his heart. I hope Josh feels sick every day of his life for what he did to his family.

Just now, singsingsing said:

I hope Josh feels sick every day of his life for what he did to his family.

He only feels sick for getting caught, losing his job, and being shunned by TLC. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived