IGNORED

Seewalds 25: Jessa is allowing Spurgeon to "jump for joy", er, dance

samurai_sarah

Don't mind me... just stopping by for pictures of good food to reestablish my appetite after ruining it by seeing Gary Hawkins' pink weenie gravy.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, formerpastorswife said:

Don't mind me... just stopping by for pictures of good food to reestablish my appetite after ruining it by seeing Gary Hawkins' pink weenie gravy.

I know....that was one of the least appetizing things I have ever seen. 

@cascarones,  having a kneading counter for my height was one of the things that made me consider for a long time having a regular kitchen table instead of an island when we re-do our kitchen.  If we didn't need the storage and I wasn't going to put the cooktop/rangetop in the island, I'd totally do a kitchen table.  If I do the island with cooktop, it basically doubles the size of my kitchen and makes it not so crowded at the cooking areas.  

22 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Golden butter cake, marshmallow fluff and crushed graham crackers in between the layers. Whipped milk chocolate frosting, graham cracker dust and toasted marshmallows on top. I use a brulee torch for that pretty brown toastiness. It's amazing but more than one slice and you're in a sugar coma.

Thank you for this recipe, I'm making it right now!! My grocery store was out of the whipped frosting so I opted for Hershey chocolate frosting instead. Can't wait to try the finished product!

Jessa reposted the photo above with a sassy caption. I actually agree with her and support the things she said but she isn't "keeping sweet "with this one.

IMG_9916.PNG

Go Jessa!! She has an actual personality and healthy views on bf. I bet she has had a ton of grief over her seemingly more child-focused parenting, and I'm absolutely loving it that she is not keeping sweet.

Go Jessa! Tell it as you see it. I feel like parents get grief no matter what they do. So she might as well be honest about it. 

Was her asking advice more about that he weened himself early or that he is still on a bottle/ is it concerning that he is still preferring a bottle?

Also is it possible for a toddler to get even cuter?!

5 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Was her asking advice more about that he weened himself early or that he is still on a bottle/ is it concerning that he is still preferring a bottle?

Also is it possible for a toddler to get even cuter?!

When Jeremy first posted the photo there were a lot of comments about how he shouldn't still have a bottle and several people claiming he was speech delayed because of it. The caption she posted was her response to that.

And I agree. He's a gorgeous kid.

6 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

When Jeremy first posted the photo there were a lot of comments about how he shouldn't still have a bottle and several people claiming he was speech delayed because of it. The caption she posted was her response to that.

And I agree. He's a gorgeous kid.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me but I am always caught off guard to hear that they check their comments. It seems like they would somehow try and avoid what sinners are writing about them, and all of the "nike" comments.

Perhaps Henry will continue breast feeding for a little longer before he weans himself. That possibly could lengthen the gap between the next Seewald babies.

5 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

I guess it shouldn't surprise me but I am always caught off guard to hear that they check their comments. It seems like they would somehow try and avoid what sinners are writing about them, and all of the "nike" comments.

I think it maybe depends on the person. Jill doesn't usually respond to negative comments (and home girl has gotten A LOT), but I've seen Jessa defend herself and her family several times.

Saw the thread was hot and thought maybe Jessa announced a pregnancy but nope, just another thread derailed by the Pink Weens of Doom :pb_biggrin:

eta: autocorrect 

Before we praise Jessa too much, remember,  she chooses to put her innocent and very adorable children's pictures on her Public Instagram.  She has control over this and she could protect her children from being overly exposed in the public eye. 

So, while I appreciate a good dose of sass and 'tude,  and I agree that the mommy brigade is OTT much of the time,  Jessa, doesn't get much play from me on this because she could simply stop posting pictures of her kids. 

well, I just have to say Bravo. Good way to handle it. I'm glad she's not keeping sweet on that one. It is none of anyones business wheter he still drinks from a bottle or not. if he'd be 5, it would be different, but that kid is not even 2

I'm really impressed that Jessa used an em dash correctly. Also, that she feeds her kids kefir. She's a long ways away from those tater tot casserole days. In some ways I think she's the most soaked in the Kool Aid, and in others I just might think she'll be the one to break away.

And Spurge is my new fundie crush. #dapper.

Goodness that baby is cute, I hope he grows up to reject all of his parents ideals and I hope somehow they grow as adults and learn to accept their children if that happens.

I'm aware these are unlikely to come true but a girl can hope...

My youngest weaned herself off BF at 7 months (by biting ouch!) and I was a little gutted (I BF my eldest for longer) but oh my goodness the comments I got about it! Well done Jessa for being confident to stick up for your parenting style. 

Spurgeon probably weaned early because of her pregnancy. A lot of moms have told me this happened to them as well. Apparently the change in hormones can change the taste of breast milk.

If I have one good thing to say about the Duggars is they are all for nursing and not feeding on a schedule like Kelly Bates. Both Anna and Jill nursed well past 1 year. That being said what Jessa is practicing is not necessarily anything new. Michelle seems like an attached mother when she has a baby. We wont know what she is like for a few more years. 

1 minute ago, crazysnark said:

Michelle seems like an attached mother when she has a baby. We wont know what she is like for a few more years. 

Ehhhh Michelle seemed to wean at 6 months whether the baby wanted to or not. ;) I wouldn't say she was attached or attentive. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived