IGNORED

Seewalds 25: Jessa is allowing Spurgeon to "jump for joy", er, dance

samurai_sarah

15 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I love me some leggings. I was actually referring to this "style" of clothing, typically made of polyester double-knit:

DP0119201717185704M.tif.jpg

my grandmother -in-law wears those, they are hideous.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Food. I love the food drifts.

Hey folks, there's some mighty fine eats being discussed in the Hawkins thread... Pink weenie gravy, anyone?

pink gravy.jpg

10 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

weenie gravy

I showed it to my DH. He's pissed that I made him look at it. lol

But then - as a Brit - he doesn't understand good old biscuits and gravy, either.

I never heard of biscuits and gravy till I visited the southern U.S. as a teenager. I didn't try any but I should have, it sounds good. There seemed to be all sorts of different gravies, including 'sausage gravy', but it sure as hell didn't look like cut up hotdogs smothered in pepto bismal...

That was the same trip I opened up a packet of instant grits thinking it was oatmeal and was very confused (had never seen grits before and had no idea what they were).

22 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I never heard of biscuits and gravy till I visited the southern U.S. as a teenager. I didn't try any but I should have, it sounds good. There seemed to be all sorts of different gravies, including 'sausage gravy', but it sure as hell didn't look like cut up hotdogs smothered in pepto bismal...

That was the same trip I opened up a packet of instant grits thinking it was oatmeal and was very confused (had never seen grits before and had no idea what they were).

I love biscuits and gravy! Sausage gravy is the best. My family also loves to put it over mash potatoes and with hamburger meat mixed in. Its a perfect meal on a really cold winter day.

I love biscuits and gravy! I don't eat meat so I just eat flour gravy. I'm not big on breakfast food but biscuits and gravy is an exception.

I just had a good size bowl of steel cut oats with a tiny drizzle of local honey (great for combating seasonal allergies). Biscuits and sausage gravy is a twice a month dinner staple in our house, and we're wacky Midwesterners. So tasty! 

I'll be 38 next month and I just trimmed 3 inches of dead ends off my hair (typical with hypothyroid) and it's still about to my shoulder blades. I keep it longer because Hubby likes it longer, but not in a patriarchal kinda way. More he knows that I like having it brushed, or knows its soothing when I'm laying in his lap and he's playing with it. My hair is naturally curly and baby fine so it's pulled up a lot. But middle Wolfie has my natural curls and INSANELY thick hair, it takes 20 minutes with serum and a straightening iron to get it under control. Oldest Wolfie had neon green, pink, and platinum blonde a few months ago but I told her no wacky colors for her senior pictures!

13 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I love me some leggings. I was actually referring to this "style" of clothing, typically made of polyester double-knit:

My Mom-Mom wore that style of trouser until the day she died.  She loved that the fabric never wore out, however the threads did and the would occasionally have to be resown. 

Those pants look like scrubs to me.  I love me some scrubs, the hospital washes them if someone (I'm looking at you - newborn boys pees on them), plus if you have one of the rare night shifts which allow a nap they're comfy enough to sleep in.

7 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I showed it to my DH. He's pissed that I made him look at it. lol

But then - as a Brit - he doesn't understand good old biscuits and gravy, either.

As a northerner I've never had biscuits and gravy :mindblowing:

Biscuits and gravy was a staple in my house, growing up. And my granddaddy made a big breakfast every Saturday morning until he died - always with B&G. Random grandkids would show up--it was fun, and one of my favorite memories. :)

Now? I can't eat gluten. And B&G is a HUGE gluten-bomb. :( 

32 minutes ago, imokit said:

Those pants look like scrubs to me.

Not up close they don't. Actually - not even from 50 feet... lol

That pink stuff is disgusting and should be never called gravy. That's not gravy, that's an abomination. :P

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

It's DELICIOUS. I don't like soggy bread (I always eat my strawberry shortcake separately too), so I make up hash browns and put the gravy on that. Excellent breakfast after a night of revelry! 

16 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I knew what you were talking about, these are grandma pants.  They look horrible and uncomfortable and old. I hope they stop making them when I'm old enough to wear them.

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Bah no excuse! I'm a northerner and have had my fair share of biscuits and gravy. If there is a Hardee's in your area they actually have a fairly good biscuits and gravy option on their breakfast menu. 

My 16 year old tried biscuits and gravy at a resort at skyline drive in VA one morning last year and fell in love with it. She kept begging me to make it and so i found a good recipe for the sausage and gravy but can't make a biscuit to save my life. So canned it is. So good. So so good.

2 hours ago, Exposedknees said:

RUN! don't walk....they are awesome.

Yes they are. Ima brag on myself by I make THE BEST biscuits and gravy. Gravy so good you don't even need the biscuits.  Now I'm hungry. I'm a northern, but I was born in the south and lived there for a few years.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived