IGNORED

Alex Jones

47of74

7 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Alex is a piece of shit.  And so are the people representing him.  I hope there's some bar complaints in the near future but the Texas State Bar is probably too busy digging through fucking trash to prove who's loyal to Gov Abattoir.

Wow, he sure showed opposing counsel, now didn’t he? Totally owned him, amirite? Attorneys willing to get down into the muck with disgusting clients instead of just doing their jobs but remaining professional are such putzses. His stupid antic did nothing more than make him a joke around that courthouse and probably irritate the judge. The Sandy Hook families’ attorney probably just laughed it off but as it made national news I could see the judge requiring a formal open court apology on Monday before bringing in the jury. 

• Upvote 7

So much WTF in this article. Apparently jurors in Texas are allowed to submit questions and based on the questions submitted, things don’t look good for the ghoul we know as Alex Jones. The judge is clearly not happy with him or his legal team. Very large jury awards usually are appealed but I could see an appellate court upholding any award no matter how big based on not just the absolutely disgusting and vile original basis for the suit but the ongoing disrespect for the proceedings. 
https://abovethelaw.com/2022/07/however-bad-you-thought-the-sandy-hook-defamation-case-would-go-for-alex-jones-yesterday-was-worse/

• Thank You 6

Way to get on the judge’s good side Alex 

Alex Jones is deploying the curious tactic of going on the attack against the judge in his case as a jury in four lawsuits will decide how much Jones must give to the families of Sandy Hook victims.

In a special live broadcast, Jones said that the judge in his case sanctioned him over $1 million after he failed to meet deadlines to produce documents and information. Jones swears he delivered everything that was requested. 

“Discovery isn’t supposed to be a guessing game,” Fairfield District Superior Court, Judge Barbara Bellis said. She explained that a default judgment is a kind of sanction of last resort. That doesn't fall under a jury's decisions. “The court held off on scheduling the sanctions hearing in the hopes that many of these problems would be corrected and that the Jones defendants would ultimately comply with their discovery obligations."

"I'm honored to be attacked by this system, but it's still scary, up close, to see the corruption goes all the way down to the local court systems," said Jones.

• Thank You 7

On 7/29/2022 at 11:53 AM, CTRLZero said:

May Alex Jones and his legal staff lose bigly and fade into obscurity.

I want them to fade into a prison cell.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Looks like Jones will take the stand either tomorrow or the day after. Wonder how this will work out for him. I can see him trying to pull some kind of stunt. 

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, 47of74 said:

"I'm honored to be attacked by this system, but it's still scary, up close, to see the corruption goes all the way down to the local court systems,"

Oh look, it’s the consequences of his actions. He’s got a helluva lotta nerve claiming to be “attacked” after all the shit he has put not just the Sandy Hook families through but others who have been the targets of his lies. Shouty Boi’s having a tantrum because unlike his show, he can’t just blather on saying whatever he wants without being challenged and required to back up his claims. He apparently got his law degree at Trump University and Grill (“Free Degree with Every Taco Bowl!”) 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

image.png.653e4058d129f0077b42bc73acdc1425.png

image.png.38c0c16a2c204ea56ff1a94009fbd9eb.png

More under spoiler:

Spoiler

image.png.c37965421650ae82735a45b00a2f0e50.png

image.png.70008be6e544c65a22322c26f9519422.png

• Thank You 9
  • Love 4

I hope the jury gives them every penny. The clip shows that monstrous gollum shaking his head as Scarlett Lewis is speaking. That she took responsibility for that fucking demon responding shows what a good person she remains even after she endured the unimaginable and then has been put through so much by a subhuman greedy blood sausage with a mouth. I am so enraged at what these parents have had to face, first at the hands of a murderer and then by a shitstain who doesn’t deserve to share the same planet with them. 
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/02/media/alex-jones-sandy-hook-trial/index.html

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Judge Maya Guerra Gamble ain't having none of Alex Jones's bullshit

But Gamble admonished Jones for his behavior and said he had already violated his oath to tell the truth twice.

"Mr. Jones, you may not say to this jury that you complied with discovery. That is not true. You may not say it again. You may not tell this jury that you are bankrupt. That is also not true," Gamble said.

"You are already under oath to tell the truth," Gamble added. "You've already violated that oath twice today, in just those two examples. It seems absurd to instruct you again that you must tell the truth while you testify. Yet here I am again."

"This is not your show," Gamble added.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 3

image.png.3e93f43783125ab0d6d7c9c99210bf4c.pngv

More under spoiler:

Spoiler

image.png.549749d065c1fc14704a1ca1fd46c833.png

image.png.74869e8aa5b035ba1185943cd81f37c4.png

image.png.39b8d76db21056d6fc3c5b1b03b3e2cc.png

The video is great:

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 5

Wow, was it an “accidentally on purpose” release of information?  Can’t wait for the implications of this! 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

8 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Wow, was it an “accidentally on purpose” release of information?  Can’t wait for the implications of this! 

That was my first thought. 

• Upvote 4

Oh my goodness this has been the WEIRDEST trial, I can’t imagine being Mark Bankston and sitting there for days of trial knowing you have this in your pocket.

• I Agree 8

Oh this trial just gets better and better!  Mark Bankston must be having the time of his life doing this trial.  He not only gets to be the good guy representing these parents, but he also gets to take a crack at a guy who can't keep his stories straight so much so that the judge (who clearly isn't pleased with Jones or his attorney) admonishes Jones to stop lying AND THEN he gets to bring in the SUPER SURPRISE EVIDENCE!!  It's an attorney's dream case!  He looks absolutely shiny and wonderful while making sure the world (well, at least anyone who isn't a Jones flavor aid fan) knows what absolute scum Jones is and best of all, he is getting some semblance of justice for these parents who have been through such hell. All those times Alex Jones chose to use evil to make money is coming back to run over him hard.  Karma is a glorious, wonderful entity (I like to think of her as an ethereal Bea Arthur in a fantastic flowing gown ready to strict teacher/sarcastic Dorothy Zbornak the shit out of people like Jones whilst ready to cheesecake/compassionate Dorothy Zbornak out of good people) and right now Karma is having a grand time.  I am myself having an absolutely wonderful time seeing Jones squirm.  I truly hope that the case is referred to the local prosecutor for perjury charges.  It would be completely justified and would send an excellent message to all of these people who seem to think they are above the law. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, bea said:

Oh my goodness this has been the WEIRDEST trial, I can’t imagine being Mark Bankston and sitting there for days of trial knowing you have this in your pocket.

He had to wait.  The opposing attorney had ten days to recover the accidentally sent info.  Interestingly, the lawyer didn't.  

I just read something which may or may not be true.  There are theories that Jones' lawyer, Reynal, leaked it on purpose.  It's possible.  The guy worked as a federal prosecutor until 2012 and is pretty highly regarded.  There's a rumor that he found bad stuff (think:  Josh Duggar) on the phone.  Again, I don't know if that's true.  It might just be that Reynal was sick of putting up with Jones.  Maybe even the legal fees aren't enough to sell your soul to someone as loathsome as Jones.

Also, it appears that the January 6 committee is asking to examine the contents of Jones' phone now that they know it's available.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

29 minutes ago, Xan said:

I just read something which may or may not be true.  There are theories that Jones' lawyer, Reynal, leaked it on purpose.  It's possible.  The guy worked as a federal prosecutor until 2012 and is pretty highly regarded

What would be the professional implications of that though, whether accidental or deliberate? It's a pretty serious mistake for a lawyer to make.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

41 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

God forgive me, but I would love that guy to suffer a very slow and painful death. 

Get in line behind me and 1/2 the planet.

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.3e93f43783125ab0d6d7c9c99210bf4c.pngv

More under spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.549749d065c1fc14704a1ca1fd46c833.png

image.png.74869e8aa5b035ba1185943cd81f37c4.png

image.png.39b8d76db21056d6fc3c5b1b03b3e2cc.png

The video is great:

Yeah and I'm ready for this too.

popcorn2.jpg.51815e29b3418491aee6699dc38e973b.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

What would be the professional implications of that though, whether accidental or deliberate? It's a pretty serious mistake for a lawyer to make.

I would assume Reynal could even be disbarred.  But, then, he would have been in trouble anyway if he'd asked for the contents back if anyone had even glanced at them because it would have been obvious that they didn't turn over materials during discovery.  I'd be surprised if Jones didn't attempt to sue him for malpractice or try to get this ruled a mistrial.  It's a mess.

The upside for me (aside from all the karma for Jones) is that maybe he'll get put away for his part in January 6 before he has a chance to try to redo this trial.  And I think Reynal was the eleventh or twelfth lawyer that Jones has gone through so he might not be able to find anyone else -- except maybe Giuliani or Sidney Powell.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

If it could be proven he did it on purpose, he would definitely be sanctioned by any bar where he holds an active license and the sanction would likely be severe (at least suspension of practice for a period of time.) If he otherwise has had a “clean” record, does the appropriate mea culpa, agrees to undergo whatever counseling deemed necessary, pay whatever financial penalties are also decided are justified, and does whatever else is demanded if him he will probably escape disbarment because that option is reserved for pretty severe cases BUT I am not totally ruling it out because bars are starting to crack down after all the Giuliani/Powell bullshit in order to restore the public’s faith in attorneys and the licensing agencies policing their own. The judge could (and probably should, given all the problems he has caused and his behavior plus her repeated warnings and reserved rulings about sanctions involving not just Jones but him) sanction him as well. Purposely disclosing the information would be extremely risky professionally because who would hire a guy who did his client so dirty? 

Jones could and likely will sue and appeal what I anticipate to be a huge jury award based on the disclosure, accidental or purposeful. He might win something in a lawsuit but the families who have won judgments can put liens on anything he wins. As for an appeal, since the issue is only the amount of the award, not whether he is responsible for their pain and grief due to his shitty behavior and lies, he loses some steam. It helps that he was admonished by the judge on the record but outside the presence of the jury that he had already twice lied on the stand under oath. Also no one has the right to commit perjury so an appellate court might side-eye him for essentially arguing that his attorney’s disclosure made it easier to show he’s a lying liar who lies. The questions submitted by jurors when earlier witnesses who worked on his show testified really shone a light on how they were already calling bullshit and that was BEFORE the parents testified and Jones testified so an appellate court has a lot of ways to get around giving him any relief and pretty much telling him to fuck off. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

It’ll be interesting to watch any fall out to Jones’ lawyer.

I know it’s a major breech of ethics but still, ISB: the lawyer sent it knowing it would potentially cost him his career but he probably has more than enough money to live a comfortable retirement knowing Jones will do even more time for numerous other crimes. 

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic