IGNORED

Alex Jones

47of74

31 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Rob Reiner, who is Jewish, was specifically mentioned by the asswipe.  I'm not sure it's just "liberals" that he's attacking here.

Good pint.  I have to admit though I hadn't picked up on that at first myself.

Yeah I think that fuck Jones is going after Jewish people as well.  We've been seeing a disturbing amount of antisemitism lately from the reich wing.  They're just about to the point of not even disguising their hatred (racism, antisemitism, LGBTQ) with code words and dog whistles any more.

It's been a favorite tool of the reich wing for years to attack liberals in general as being costal elites.  But they forget that some of the biggest and hardest pipe hitting libs aren't from places like New York or California but places like Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois.  Indeed we're a lot more geographically spread out than these reich wing fucks like to pretend.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah I think that fuck Jones is going after Jewish people as well.

While apparently trying to defend Putin's Christian values - WTF.

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

It's been a favorite tool of the reich wing for years to attack liberals in general as being costal elites.  But they forget that some of the biggest and hardest pipe hitting libs aren't from places like New York or California but places like Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois.  Indeed we're a lot more geographically spread out than these reich wing fucks like to pretend.

Bigotry doesn't rely much on facts.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

18 hours ago, 47of74 said:
18 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Rob Reiner, who is Jewish, was specifically mentioned by the asswipe.  I'm not sure it's just "liberals" that he's attacking here.

Good pint.  I have to admit though I hadn't picked up on that at first myself.

People who are the target of dogwhistles often notice them more easily. To me, that statement was blatantly obvious - my only thought was "He chose Hollywood and Rob Reiner, not 'globalists' or George Soros. He means Jews, just as the dogwhistle 'urban' means non-white people."

But allies like you, who learn quickly, and start noticing the dogwhistles in the future, are gold. Once you see it, you can't stop seeing it.

And I love your pointing out that that stereotype of all midwesterners being on the conservative, MAGA side is incorrect and ugly, too.

I just hate all ugly stereotypes, I guess.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Damages awarded for plaintiffs of the Sandy Hook case of over $1 billlion  

Screw. You. Jones. They deserve every cent. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 4

Fork.  Done.

The conspiracy theorist Alex Jones must pay $965 million to the families of eight Sandy Hook shooting victims and an FBI agent who responded to the attack for the suffering he caused them by spreading lies on his platforms about the 2012 massacre, a Connecticut jury found on Wednesday.

Jones faced liability for defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress and violations of the state Unfair Trade Practices Act, for creating a fake narrative that the mass shooting was a hoax. The families claimed Jones profited off the lies while they were harassed and abused by those who believed him.

For years, Jones peddled false stories on his radio and online show that one of the deadliest school shootings in the United States was “synthetic” and a “false flag,” and that the families of the victims were “crisis actors.”

Jones had already been found liable by a judge after refusing to hand over critical evidence before the trial began, and this six-member jury was only asked to decide how much Jones should pay. This is the second trial related to his Sandy Hook conspiracy theories. In August, a Texas jury ordered Jones to pay nearly $50 million in damages to Scarlett Lewis and Neil Heslin, whose son Jesse was killed in the massacre.

• Thank You 8

Of course that means I’m like this

605B52A7-EB05-43CF-B17F-EB7B19850BE0.jpeg

• Upvote 11

Alex was on air while the money damages were being announced.  The total ass acted happy and fist pumped at the amounts.  "Hey!  I'm the billion dollar man!"  I just hope that when he got off camera, he broke into tears.

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Xan said:

Alex was on air while the money damages were being announced.  The total ass acted happy and fist pumped at the amounts.  "Hey!  I'm the billion dollar man!"  I just hope that when he got off camera, he broke into tears.

I wonder if the cardiovascular event (heart/stroke/etc) is too far off or not?  Given how most times he looks like's gonna pop a blood vessel and pass a brick it wouldn't have surprised me if he had done so either on the air or shortly afterwards.

I watched the verdicts and damage awards being announced.  None of the plaintiffs were celebrating but were relieved he was being held accountable.  Plus I think it would be fair to say every one of them would have rather had the victims still alive then any amount of money from that fuck Jones.

• I Agree 10

And right on cue, the MAGAt defenders come crawling out of the woodwork like cockroaches. 

• Upvote 9

Edited by 47of74
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 3

I want Alex Jones to be taken for everything he had. I hope to teach first or second grade next year and when I think about all the delightful first graders that I've subbed for and what he said about school shootings I can't be nice. If I'm visiting Portland and see him hungry broke and carrying a sign on the streets of Portland I will just walk on by and might even laugh a little bit, because you know whatever conservative area he wants to live in will just bus him to a liberal City to be homeless.

Even better, let him go live with mtg. She's single now, and since she loves to talk about what a Conservative Christian she is, she can feed and clothe him too.

Edited by Audrey2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

And right on cue, the MAGAt defenders come crawling out of the woodwork like cockroaches. 

Once again, these cancers on society are trying to send the message that freedom of speech means freedom from consequences (and also missing that it is not the government holding him accountable but private citizens whose living nightmares were made into an absolute hellscape by his outright lies created so he could make money.) They persist in contributing to the dumbing down of society by these kinds of posts. Where was Loud Marge’s support of free speech when she kicked the young woman trying to question her about her insistence on assault rifles being allowed to remain legally and easily available? (Incidentally, Jones’ so-called “apology” only came well into the Texas trial and then he went on his show and mocked those same parents shortly afterwards.) 

4 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I watched the verdicts and damage awards being announced.  None of the plaintiffs were celebrating but were relieved he was being held accountable.  Plus I think it would be fair to say every one of them would have rather had the victims still alive then any amount of money from that fuck Jones.

100%. Those fucking assholes cannot even find it in their hearts to understand that it’s not about the money, it’s about trying to keep him or his ilk from doing it to others. They would give anything to have their children back. Loud Marge asks for privacy during her divorce but has the audacity to whine about these people who suffered the loss of their children then were not only mocked but had his followers make their lives hell using proper legal channels to seek redress after repeatedly begging him to stop. You know she will throw a hissy fit when the details start leaking about her divorce and threaten lawsuits and I hope this tweet gets retweeted every time. 

Godspeed to all of the families- those who filed and those who did not. I do hope they know that the vast majority of the nation (and I am guessing many others around the world) hurt for them then and are behind them now. 

• Upvote 11

Keith said Jones still could face punitive damages in Connecticut - that will be something decided by the judge.  That alone might push the total in Conneticut up over one billion. 

This made me think of Beulah Mae Donald and how she successfully sued a KKK group to the point they had to declare bankruptcy and sell their property. She didn’t see much of the money she was awarded but Donald forced a bunch of Kluxers out of business.  This was after members of the group murdered her son. 

I so want to see Alex forced to sell everything or turn it all over to the families and out infowars out of business. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Keith said Jones still could face punitive damages in Connecticut - that will be something decided by the judge.  That alone might push the total in Conneticut up over one billion. 

This made me think of Beulah Mae Donald and how she successfully sued a KKK group to the point they had to declare bankruptcy and sell their property. She didn’t see much of the money she was awarded but Donald forced a bunch of Kluxers out of business.  This was after members of the group murdered her son. 

I so want to see Alex forced to sell everything or turn it all over to the families and out infowars out of business. 

I’m pretty sure the Connecticut damages don’t include costs for lawyers etc yet which will push the amount up again. 

Edited by Katzchen24
  • Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

I’m pretty sure the Connecticut damages don’t include costs for lawyers etc yet which will push the amount up again. 

Yeah they don’t but the jury said reasonable attorney fees should be awarded. Those still need to be calculated before the judge can award them. 

And Jones is still facing one more lawsuit over his Sandy Hook dumb fuckery. If that goes as well for him as the first two trials it could be well over a billion. 

• Upvote 6

31 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

My head hurts…

Really.  Did Jesus look like this per chance?  
8A90E0DD-8297-4556-8106-844B58B6E508.thumb.jpeg.612d1294b4286b3964109e43e2ea356e.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Really.  Did Jesus look like this per chance?  
8A90E0DD-8297-4556-8106-844B58B6E508.thumb.jpeg.612d1294b4286b3964109e43e2ea356e.jpeg

Yeah, and Jesus probably bashed him on the head with that bowling ball.

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Yeah, and Jesus probably bashed him on the head with that bowling ball.

And probably kept doing so til the bowling went click. 

• I Agree 4

On 10/14/2022 at 9:17 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

My head hurts…

He really does think his followers are a bunch of easily manipulated gullible fools, doesn't he. "I'm holy, I met Jesus in my bedroom! Now give me money to fight Satan!"

Also where on earth is he finding his guests, offmymeds.com?

• Upvote 6

Just a quick note on Jones continuing to shill his rubbish supplements..... IANAL or an accountant, and I'm just trying to paraphrase bits from the Opening Arguments podcast Ep 639.

1) The bajillion dollars just awarded against him in Connecticut is compensatory damages. Because of <insert legal stuff>, there's no cap on the punitive damages that have yet to be awarded. This is unlike the Texas punitive damages which are capped.

2) The fact that the jury gave the plaintiffs an individually considered amount each reduces the likelihood that any kind of appeal will succeed because <insert legal stuff>. Any appeal that Jones files does not stay the judgement. He has to start paying up. There's more legal stuff, but if he wants to be allowed to hold off on payment until any appeal is finished with, he will probably have to pay a bond. Bonds in these cases are generally around 10% so.......

3) Free Speech Systems etc are currently in a Chapter 11 restructuring arrangement (Jones has not entered into a personal bankruptcy). Any money that comes in, goes to the debtors estate, not to Jones. If he tries to do something random like set up a Go-Fund-Me or a Patreon, plaintiffs lawyers can have that money rerouted to the debtors estate. The more stuff he shills, the more money is available to pay the plaintiffs. And they deserve every cent that can be squeezed out of that bloated bag of bile.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic