• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Now I have the song, "Me and Mrs. Jones" stuck in my head:

This is what fever dreams are made of. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Not as much as I hoped for, but a decent number.

With more trials to come.  Hope he has a lovely weekend.

• Upvote 10

Alex will probably be like this by Monday morning 

79259572-CFD8-4871-BD48-7725C9E925CD.thumb.jpeg.1712be745fafc35e4cc39b70bf9cf112.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

38 minutes ago, K'Z'K said:

Not bad considering there was a 10:2 split in the damages decision yesterday (day before?). If this kind of amount can be replicated over the next couple of trials, I could begin to feel almost hopeful that Jones might finally be facing consequences for his assholery. 

Edited to add: After clicking on the link above, I feel even happier. The report is under Brian Stelter's byline and he has been subject to so much vile abuse by Jones in the past that I'm sure writing this story made him feel extra good.

Edited by Katzchen24
Added a bit
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 6

19 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

Not bad considering there was a 10:2 split in the damages decision yesterday (day before?). If this kind of amount can be replicated over the next couple of trials, I could begin to feel almost hopeful that Jones might finally be facing consequences for his assholery. 

Edited to add: After clicking on the link above, I feel even happier. The report is under Brian Stelter's byline and he has been subject to so much vile abuse by Jones in the past that I'm sure writing this story made him feel extra good.

Oooooh extra gravy good for Brian Stetler!! I am trying not to feel let down as I had really hoped for the full amount but as the amazing and incredible Scarlett and Neil (I think they would be ok with us using first names) have pledged to use the money for good purposes any amount is good. And it is just the first of these cases for Jones, who will be paying out substantial legal fees. It also allows an appellate court to uphold the award by noting the jury awarded less than 1/3 of what was asked. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

36 minutes ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Oooooh extra gravy good for Brian Stetler!! I am trying not to feel let down as I had really hoped for the full amount but as the amazing and incredible Scarlett and Neil (I think they would be ok with us using first names) have pledged to use the money for good purposes any amount is good. And it is just the first of these cases for Jones, who will be paying out substantial legal fees. It also allows an appellate court to uphold the award by noting the jury awarded less than 1/3 of what was asked. 

Yeah, I was feeling a mix of happiness and disappointment too. I can’t wait to see what dumb shit Jones spouts between now and the commencement of the next trial because you just know he won’t be able to keep his mouth shut. I’m also looking forward to seeing which lawyer he fronts up to the trial with. Not McMullet is my strong tip.

And I can’t wait to find out if there’s anything for the Jan 6th committee to grab onto in his phone data.  

• I Agree 8

1 hour ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Scarlett and Neil (I think they would be ok with us using first names) have pledged to use the money for good purposes any amount is good.

I kind of hope they use some so other parents can also sue Jones. Death by a billion cuts.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Roger Stone has already been on the website begging people to buy stuff or just send money to support Jones because, according to Roger, he's a good, decent, Christian man.   And I bet there will be fools who will actually send him more money.

My hope is that the other awards are even larger.  The only way to stop Jones is to bankrupt him totally.

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

I kind of hope they use some so other parents can also sue Jones. Death by a billion cuts.

Excellent point! If every family, including the families of the adult victims, sued it would not only tie his stanky ass up in court for a long time but also even if every jury only awarded a million to each of the remaining 25 families, that’s $25 million plus attorneys’ fees (and I don’t see juries staying so low- I just chose that number as a seriously lowball amount.) Each plaintiffs’ attorneys are entitled to their own sets of discovery so while the main work- gathering it and preparing it- has been accomplished it still has to be copied and sent. Attorneys charge for that time and work and it sounded like the discovery was pretty substantial. Then there are the depositions. Each set of plaintiffs and their attorneys are entitled to require ok’ Alex to sit for a deposition. What are the chances that the lying liar who lies is able to keep his stories consistent from his original deposition in this case and his trial testimony which contradicted each other AND where he was shown to be lying during both 25 times? That’s just for depositions- potentially there is trial testimony at the fact finding stage (assuming he doesn’t fail to show and get a default judgment again) and then again at the penalty phase. I realize some of the families don’t want to go through the agony but I do hope at least some more are emboldened after this victory to pursue legal action. 

The potential Jan 6 implications are just the absolute shining unicorn dancing on a rainbow on top of the financial award. I doubt the committee and any law enforcement agency would be subpoenaing the phone records without first having asked Bankson what was in the records. The committee is riding on a pretty big wave of blockbuster revelations and they wouldn’t want a “nothing burger” so before letting it be known they are interested by going public with a subpoena somebody made damn sure those records have goodies in them. Jones must be shitting bricks. To which I say- good, great, GRAND! May every second of pain he caused the families and anyone who loved the children and the adults who tried to protect them who lost their lives- 26 humans whose dignity in death he tried to take away- come back on him a thousand times over. His viper’s nest set the stage for people like Loud Marge to claim that Marjory Stoneman Douglas and the Vegas mass murder were “fake” and filled with “crisis actors” (including that hag harassing David Hogg in person which later got her partner in idiocracy, LBo, to try to suggest he wasn’t masculine because he chose to ignore Marge’s ignorant ass.) If that karma includes a criminal indictment and time behind bars, even better. He is one of my top five “Fuck that guy” members and right now, he’s even managed to surpass Trump. 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Someone on Reddit called him a “glazed ham of hatred” and I am so envious I didn’t think of it first but so happy I know it’s out in the world! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

Guys, this picture. This picture should win all the awards.

image.thumb.jpeg.28fd611ad04fd5d9b65d9901e41713a8.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • Love 3

37f5859201b2d1460705709e3e1aa874.jpg
Hee hee HEE
(Texas has a punitive damages cap, but I fully expect Bankston et al to appeal. I believe this judge is also going to be in charge for the next one, since at the post trial hearing - where Bankston asked for sanctions against the defense attorney - she set the pre-trial for September 14

• Upvote 9

On 8/6/2022 at 1:01 AM, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

pledged to use the money for good purposes

Wouldn’t it be fantastic if they used the money to pay for all the other parents costs of suing Alex Jones too? Jones would then be paying for the Sandy Hook parents to sue him— poetic justice, if you ask me.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

36 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Wouldn’t it be fantastic if they used the money to pay for all the other parents costs of suing Alex Jones too? Jones would then be paying for the Sandy Hook parents to sue him— poetic justice, if you ask me.

I'm pretty sure that Mark Bankston et al are all doing this pro bono as well. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

On 8/5/2022 at 5:42 PM, Katzchen24 said:

I can’t wait to see what dumb shit Jones spouts between now and the commencement of the next trial because you just know he won’t be able to keep his mouth shut.

A lesson all these people have learned well is that ranting and raging about persecution by liberals leads directly to begging for money leads to the money rolling in. It's hard to grok the magnitude of Jones' followers - it's certainly in the many millions. Even small donations add up. 

Jones being deplatformed from facebook and twitter didn't make a huge dent, because you can't deplatform someone from radio, which is free to anyone who wants to listen. 

Mega libertine Roger Stone (who claims to have become a Christian -- SRSLY?) went on InfoWars immediately after the verdict to "fund raise" for poor, poor persecuted Alex who is such a decent man. 

It will take an enormous settlement to make a dent in Alex Jones' wealth and as y'all may have read, Texas underwent "tort reform" in the past, capping damages in these types of settlements -- he won't be forking over 40+ million. 

However, when this defamation case moves to other states in the Northeast, my hope is that Alex Jones will be financially f**ked. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Howl said:

However, when this defamation case moves to other states in the Northeast, my hope is that Alex Jones will be financially f**ked. 

In a just world, it is the ONLY fucking that glazed ham of hatred with ever get the rest of his life! 

• Upvote 5

And the thing is, the plaintiffs law firm is not some big-name place. They are literally Just Some Guys. They are known for winning lawsuits for people who have been injured when their tires blowout while driving. Bankston isn’t even a name partner.
And they have eaten their costs on this lawsuit. Over four years, that is thousands of hours. Attorneys, paralegals, IT people, assistants. All of the money fronted by the firm.
And like most plaintiffs attorneys, they won’t get paid until their clients collect money. If they collect money. I don’t know what deal the attorneys had with the plaintiffs, but I would imagine it is for a percentage of the actual money awarded.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

Sure, Alex, we believe you. /s

• Upvote 7

And the fun is not over yet for the <sarcasm> world's best lawyer </sarcasm>

A Texas attorney defending Alex Jones was ordered by a Connecticut judge to appear for a hearing in a defamation case related to the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.

Andino Reynal faces possible sanctions – he had access to confidential medical records from another case that an opposing attorney says he shouldn’t have had. That became clear after Reynal apparently inadvertently sent records from Jones’ phone to lawyers for the parents of shooting victim Jesse Lewis. They sued Jones for defamation in Texas. Their attorney Mark Bankston says the records include confidential medical information for the nine named plaintiffs in the Connecticut lawsuit.

In a filing issued Thursday, Judge Barbara Bellis ordered Reynal to appear on Aug. 17 in Waterbury Superior Court “as to whether he should be referred to disciplinary authorities or sanctioned by the court directly… regarding the purported release of medical records of the plaintiffs, in violation of state and federal statute and this court's protective order, to unauthorized individuals.”

Bankston says Reynal got the files from an attorney defending Jones in Connecticut.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

You’d think Alex’s lawyer would urge him not to talk about the case on his train wreck show.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Poor Alex.  He's complaining that somebody he doesn't know has decided to talk smack about him for no reason whatsoever.  Somebody just decided to start shit about him in the hopes of making money even though that person doesn't know him and has no reason to mess with him or screw with his life.  All for money and attention.  It must be a horrible thing to have that happen to him.  I can't imagine what it's like to have someone with a public platform just decide to say all sorts of crazy things that gets other people all fired up just for some coins.  Poor Alex. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic