IGNORED

Alex Jones

47of74

Mark Bankston was interviewed on Knowledge Fight in today’s episode. One of the things that he said is that Alex made a really big mistake in filing for bankruptcy this time, because these damages awards will be simply taken out of the InfoWars/Alex Jones assets. Jones is not going to be able to argue that he doesn’t have the money, or stall on paying it, it’s just going to come out of the assets while he’s going through bankruptcy.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 1

Wait, there's more

Lawyers for the notorious American conspiracy theorist Alex Jones accidentally gave his legal adversaries a nude photo of his wife that he had texted to the conservative political operative Roger Stone, an attorney involved in the matter has acknowledged.

The seemingly farcical – but entirely true – development was the latest bit of fallout since one of the attorneys for a family suing Jones for defamation revealed last week that Jones’s own lawyer had inadvertently handed over numerous text messages belonging to the far-right provocateur and then failed to take steps to keep them out of court.

The lawyer, Mark Bankston, the recipient of the accidental leak, appeared on Monday on the Young Turks progressive news commentary show to confirm that one of the texts in question contained a naked photo of Jones’s wife sent to Stone, once an adviser to former president Donald Trump.

Bankston also expressed concern about whether Jones had obtained permission from his wife, Erika Wulff Jones, to send that photo to Stone or anyone else.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 3

Alex's wife isn't happy about him sharing the photo with Roger Stone

The wife of conservative radio host Alex Jones told Insider on Tuesday that she was "unaware" her husband sent a nude photo of her to former Donald Trump adviser Roger Stone.

Wulff-Jones confirmed to Insider that she didn't know about the text message exchange, but seemed uninterested in pursuing charges against her husband.

"Honestly I was unaware that this occurred," Wulff-Jones told Insider. "I'm sure this was some type of brag exchange, look how hot my wife is type thing."

"I am upset that he took privilege to send the image to someone without my knowledge. However, that's really the least of my problems right now," Wulff-Jones added.

They're all a bunch of creepy fucks.  There.  I said it.  It's either that or have a stroke trying to keep that bottled up.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

45 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

They're all a bunch of creepy fucks.  There.  I said it.  It's either that or have a stroke trying to keep that bottled up.

My man, vent away here. It’s not only the place for it, but we want you to stay the stroke-free, smart, and funny @47of74 we know and love. Besides, if you stroked out before Alex Jones my world would never make sense again because that guy is like one liversausage sandwich away from either a stroke or heart attack. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

My man, vent away here. It’s not only the place for it, but we want you to stay the stroke-free, smart, and funny @47of74 we know and love. Besides, if you stroked out before Alex Jones my world would never make sense again because that guy is like one liversausage sandwich away from either a stroke or heart attack. 

Thank you!  And yes Alex hasn’t aged well. I’m a year younger than Alex and Wesley Crusher is two years older than him.

372A0741-41BA-4EFB-BFB5-FAFC24808D58.thumb.jpeg.f43d1afc172987b9a681c7634bce45ea.jpeg

Alex looks like someone who the way he fucking eats will have a heart attack by 50.  (Unfortunately Michael Imperioli‘s character in The Sopranos predicted James Gandolfini‘s character would have one by that age and a heart attack killed Jimmy at the age of 51).  

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Alex looks like someone who the way he fucking eats will have a heart attack by 50.

I once worked for an obnoxious, lying, misogynistic shitbasket of misery who ate all kinds of crap.  A few years later I found out he had dropped dead of a massive heart attack.  His demeanor and physique were similar to Alex's, though he was bit older (but not old).  It really can happen.  

Alex has been having a bad week and having his wife, not to mention the rest of the world, find out that he sent a nudie of her to Roger Stone just can't be helping.  Sweet dreams, Alex.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Thank you!  And yes Alex hasn’t aged well. I’m a year younger than Alex and Wesley Crusher is two years older than him.

372A0741-41BA-4EFB-BFB5-FAFC24808D58.thumb.jpeg.f43d1afc172987b9a681c7634bce45ea.jpeg

Alex looks like someone who the way he fucking eats will have a heart attack by 50.  (Unfortunately Michael Imperioli‘s character in The Sopranos predicted James Gandolfini‘s character would have one by that age and a heart attack killed Jimmy at the age of 51).  

A couple of websites I frequent have rolled out a bunch of side by side pictures of male celebrities his age or older next to pictures of him. They use more “candid” pics like the one above- yes, it’s a press photo at an event but it’s not a red carpet event so he’s dressed casually and not glammed up. Some are even nice enough to use arguably mediocre to bad photos of the celebs and “good”- meaning staged, photoshopped photos of Jones where he had ever advantage of angles, lighting, styling, etc. Even in the last examples the celebs look far healthier and better. Guys, I am older than him and while I am the first to acknowledge I am a chubbawubba, I look far better. Put a charcuterie board in front of me and I will decimate the cheese & cured meats before you can say “cheese and cured meats”. I enjoy my tipples and whoever invented honey whiskey is either going to the highest level of Heaven or the depths of Hell (depends on whether you ask me ask I am drinking or as I am recovering the next day.) I do try to exercise but I am pretty off and on and I am not running marathons. I am pretty much a walking around the neighborhood at a decent pace with friends as we gossip when we are all in the mood kind of exercise person. But geez- I look a lot younger, I don’t look like an over cooked sausage about to burst, and I would wager my next three paychecks that my cholesterol levels and blood pressure beat hid because a) I not only can name most if not everything in the produce aisle of the area stores including Whole Foods but know how to cook them (thanks to my upbringing - what was “poor people food” then is “cool” now- and also my interest in cooking as well as finding health benefits of plants) and b) I don’t spend all of my waking hours trying to find ways to be outraged. Yes, I DO sometimes get outraged about things that properly deserve outrage and then get more outraged than more people aren’t outraged (for example- the Dobbs ruling- I am still floored my coworkers have been going about business as usual while I could not stop going between rage and tears.) Jones is the walking example of every doctor’s cautionary tale. The AMA should just put posters of him up in all the waiting rooms, hospital rooms, and doctors’ offices with “Don’t be an Alex. Read below how to not be an Alex” with a list of healthy living tips at the bottom. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I once worked for an obnoxious, lying, misogynistic shitbasket of misery who ate all kinds of crap.  A few years later I found out he had dropped dead of a massive heart attack.  His demeanor and physique were similar to Alex's, though he was bit older (but not old).  It really can happen. 

In my computer operations job I worked with someone who also was a obnoxious, lying, misogynistic shitbasket of misery.  I don't think he had a bad diet.  It would not have surprised me to learn that he was a devotee of Alex given all the insane conspiracy shit he spewed at work.  It got to the point where I had to say something to HR and they told him to leave the politics at the plant gates.  He'd complain about younger people not wanting to work but he'd come up with all sorts of creative excuses why he needed to call of sick.  I just found out a few days ago that he had died in January 2019.  I admit to some mixed feelings over this since he had a wife, child, and grandchild.  But at the same time he was a jerk so I'm not in mourning now.

11 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

A couple of websites I frequent have rolled out a bunch of side by side pictures of male celebrities his age or older next to pictures of him. They use more “candid” pics like the one above- yes, it’s a press photo at an event but it’s not a red carpet event so he’s dressed casually and not glammed up. Some are even nice enough to use arguably mediocre to bad photos of the celebs and “good”- meaning staged, photoshopped photos of Jones where he had ever advantage of angles, lighting, styling, etc. Even in the last examples the celebs look far healthier and better. Guys, I am older than him and while I am the first to acknowledge I am a chubbawubba, I look far better. Put a charcuterie board in front of me and I will decimate the cheese & cured meats before you can say “cheese and cured meats”. I enjoy my tipples and whoever invented honey whiskey is either going to the highest level of Heaven or the depths of Hell (depends on whether you ask me ask I am drinking or as I am recovering the next day.) I do try to exercise but I am pretty off and on and I am not running marathons. I am pretty much a walking around the neighborhood at a decent pace with friends as we gossip when we are all in the mood kind of exercise person. But geez- I look a lot younger, I don’t look like an over cooked sausage about to burst, and I would wager my next three paychecks that my cholesterol levels and blood pressure beat hid because a) I not only can name most if not everything in the produce aisle of the area stores including Whole Foods but know how to cook them (thanks to my upbringing - what was “poor people food” then is “cool” now- and also my interest in cooking as well as finding health benefits of plants) and b) I don’t spend all of my waking hours trying to find ways to be outraged. Yes, I DO sometimes get outraged about things that properly deserve outrage and then get more outraged than more people aren’t outraged (for example- the Dobbs ruling- I am still floored my coworkers have been going about business as usual while I could not stop going between rage and tears.) Jones is the walking example of every doctor’s cautionary tale. The AMA should just put posters of him up in all the waiting rooms, hospital rooms, and doctors’ offices with “Don’t be an Alex. Read below how to not be an Alex” with a list of healthy living tips at the bottom. 

Something my new GP up here in Minneapolis had me do was to go out and get my own blood pressure cuff and has me take measurements at home before coming in for appointments.  They're usually lower than what he gets at the office.  He told me it's been his experience that just being in a clinic or hospital setting can raise a person's blood pressure so having patients take readings at home before appointments often helps him get a more accurate picture of a patient's BP story.

And Wil is now three years older than what Sir Patrick was when he first started playing one Jean-Luc Picard.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

I have been listening to the Knowledge Fight episodes on the trial and sort of decompressing along with them - what a trial.
The number of people watching it increased exponentially every day, it was delightful.
Podcast recommendation:
Today I started listening to the Opening Arguments podcast episodes on the trial, which were also very illuminating - that podcast is a lawyer and a comedian talking about legal cases and the law and the amount I’ve learned about civil procedure law from the podcast is not insignificant. Less funny than Knowledge Fight but more informative. They’re also getting into the legal stuff surrounding the search warrant executed on Mar-a-lago, and listening to the lawyer (Andrew Torres) take apart the Trump arguments on why the search was Bad and Wrong has been enjoyable.

Whether Jones realizes it or not, he is done. What is going to happen is exactly what Bankston said would happen: the plaintiffs lawyers are going to carve up the corpse of Infowars and take home the pieces for their clients. He has done a lot of very stupid things, but his stupidest is probably putting the company into bankruptcy. He’s not going to be able grandstand, he’s not going to be able to argue, it is a case of accountants, spreadsheets, and incredibly detail oriented people hunting down every penny he has. It is going to be fun to watch.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

11 hours ago, bea said:

I have been listening to the Knowledge Fight episodes on the trial and sort of decompressing along with them - what a trial.
The number of people watching it increased exponentially every day, it was delightful.
Podcast recommendation:
Today I started listening to the Opening Arguments podcast episodes on the trial, which were also very illuminating - that podcast is a lawyer and a comedian talking about legal cases and the law and the amount I’ve learned about civil procedure law from the podcast is not insignificant. Less funny than Knowledge Fight but more informative. They’re also getting into the legal stuff surrounding the search warrant executed on Mar-a-lago, and listening to the lawyer (Andrew Torres) take apart the Trump arguments on why the search was Bad and Wrong has been enjoyable.

I LOVE the Knowledge Fight podcast (I'm a policy wonk) and they've have done an amazing job over the last couple of weeks. Anything I write in this forum comes from them. If you want something super entertaining/terrifying, go back to their Formulaic Objections episodes and listen to their breakdown of the depositions of Jones, Daria Karpova, Rob Dew and others.

OA is also awesome, and they've had Dan and Jordan on as guests too (Jordan's scream is currently part of their intro music). You're just a short step from God Awful Movies which is my other go-to podcast. Andrew Torres and Thomas Smith guest on this one, and Andrew Torres is also their actual legal guy. My happiest moment was a few months ago when Dan and Jordan guested on God Awful Movies.

Edited by Katzchen24
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

The Cedar Rapids, Iowa ABC station has a feature where a local law firm holds some Q&A sessions on the web site and the attorney pretty much said yeah Alex committed perjury

Viewer Dan asks, “Did Alex Jones commit perjury with his statements during his last court appearance?”

Peter says, " I would say it’s a safe bet he committed multiple acts of perjury. Perjury is a false statement, made under oath and knowingly made. In other words, if you make a false statement while you’re under oath testifying, but you’re mistaken, that’s not perjury. It’s got to be an intentional false statement.”

In a follow-up, the moderator asks, “Then why wasn’t he charged with perjury right there, on the spot each time he lied, and it was proven to be lying?” to which Peter replies, “Well, the thing is, the court can’t initiate a criminal charge. In most states, you can initiate a criminal charge by a filing by the county attorney or whatever the capacity is, or in some cases by grand jury.”

Peter says those are generally the only ways to actually file a criminal charge, depending on the location and severity of the charge. He says that while a judge can’t initiate a criminal prosecution, he or she does have the power to impose criminal penalties during a trail or court proceeding, such as contempt.

• Thank You 9

Question: could anyone initiate perjury charges against him, i.e. anyone in the general public? Or does it have to be an official of some sort?

• Upvote 3

Uh-oh, TFG has lost Alex:

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

Prediction: Trump will claim to barley know Jones. He only went on his show because he felt sorry for him. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Question: could anyone initiate perjury charges against him, i.e. anyone in the general public? Or does it have to be an official of some sort?

In most US jurisdictions criminal perjury charges can only be filed by a prosecuting authority such as a district/county/state’s attorney or in a federal case, a US attorney. But as noted above, a court can impose criminal-type sanctions including incarceration as contempt of court penalties. The issue with the criminal charges is a person has to be given a chance to “purge” the perjury before he or she finishes testifying by being asked if there is anything he or she wants to change, clarify, or correct about the testimony. It’s pretty much a signal of “we all know you’re a lying liar who lies but here’s your escape route to avoid a criminal charge.” It does sometimes happen. A person who is lying to protect an abuser or someone else for reasons might decide not to risk being criminally charged so that person will “come clean”. 

• Thank You 4
  • Love 1

Reynal and Pettis had a “show cause” hearing in CT (remotely) this week with Judge Bellis, who is Over This. Pettis rescheduled. Short hearing for Reynal where the judge was VERY curt. It was mostly the judge talking about why the possession of the medical/psychiatric records of the plaintiffs was a very big violation of HIPPA, privacy, and ethics.
Reynal is pretty much finished, at this point. I’m not sure why he agreed to take the Jones case, but if he doesn’t get disbarred, he’s going to be facing some serious sanctions. And he managed to tank his own client‘s case, through his own actions. Or inaction, as the case may be. The man was a public prosecutor, and by all accounts, a good one. But as far as I can tell, he was working largely as a white-collar defense lawyer, which could account for why he was so mind-numbingly bad at his job. But he’s always going to be known as the lawyer who turned over Jones‘s phone to the plaintiffs’ attorney.
Pettis is, of course, a Jones acolyte who is going to make bank on Infowars if he’s disbarred or sanctioned. The fact that Bob Barnes is still licensed to practice law (I think?) boggles the mind, though.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

Some more info on Reynal and Pettis getting ripped a new one in CT

The Connecticut judge overseeing an upcoming defamation trial against Alex Jones laid out a list of ethics rules she fears two of Jones’ attorneys may have violated by allegedly disclosing the highly confidential medical and psychiatric records of plaintiffs connected to the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellis on Wednesday morning said the conduct of the attorneys appeared to be both “unprecedented” and “quite shocking,” but the judge made no final decisions on the record as of the time of this report as to whether or not ethics rules were, indeed, violated.

The judge went further by noting that this is the “fourth time that counsel for the Jones defendants in this matter have been involved” with an ethics issue of some sort.  Those issues, Bellis said, involved prior deposition misconduct, making “false statements,” and several issues involving the confidentiality of records.

“The court is concerned with the possible” violations of Connecticut professional conduct rules 1.1, 3.43, 5.1(b), 5.1(c)(1) and (2), 5.3, and 8.4(4), she explained.

• Thank You 7

Alex is worried he's losing the trumpsters:

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 11
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Alex is worried he's losing the trumpsters:

Sycophantic pond scum. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Sandy Hook families want control in Alex’s company as he’s using it to enrich himself even though the company filed for bankruptcy. 

Families of the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre victims on Thursday claimed conspiracy theorist Alex Jones funneled millions of dollars to enrich himself from his company that has now filed for bankruptcy as the families attempt to seek damages through defamation suits.

The families filed a motion in a federal bankruptcy court in Houston asking the bankruptcy trustee to take control of Free Speech Systems (FSS), the parent company of far-right website Infowars owned by Jones, and appoint a tort claimants’ committee to represent the families and other creditors’ interests in collecting payment.

FSS filed for bankruptcy late last month as families of many of the victims of the shooting, which Jones has falsely claimed was a hoax, proceeded with multiple defamation lawsuits in Connecticut and Texas seeking damages for the false claims.

“So long as FSS possesses its assets and controls its operations, the Sandy Hook Families’ prospects of a full and fair recovery remain in jeopardy,” the motion states.

Edited by 47of74
Linkey linkey
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

And they should get it. He’s not going to stop. The KF podcast today demonstrated that he still making these false claims, not even a $50 million judgment seems to be slowing him down.

• Upvote 8

57 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Sandy Hook families want control in Alex’s company as he’s using it to enrich himself even though the company filed for bankruptcy. 

Now THIS would be serious justice.  I know it's far more complicated than "trustee grants motion, trustee has control, Jones is ruined" but the prospect of how the dominos could fall gives me feels.  Like Trump, Jones is seeing his world crumble and he is living a nightmare.  And I say GOOD!

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Wow.

They’re all pissed that no one is paying any attention to them now and are focused on the orange traitor. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic