IGNORED

Counting on Season Four, Part 6

samurai_sarah

On 7/25/2017 at 2:28 PM, shiverful said:

I just watched the clip from the second after show episode  where they show Jinger and Jeremy's PDA while cooking on their honeymoon and judging by Joy's reaction and maaan she does not approve!

I wonder if she was just annoyed at them being disrespectful? Or she saw something that indicated that Jinger was uncomfortable and it annoyed her? Or she just didn't like seeing her own sibling fooling around? There are a lot of alternatives there.

On 7/25/2017 at 3:19 PM, Rachel333 said:

Yeah, that's not really how that works. They have some genes to make the plants naturally pest-resistant, but that's not the same as eating Round-Up at all. GMO crops actually require less pesticide, though herbicide use has gone up. 

Round-Up is an herbicide. Also, using less doesn't mean using none at all, and if it's been sprayed on the crops there's a chance it's still in or on the crop at the time of harvest, especially if the spraying and the harvesting were close together. 

Honestly, I get that we've been tinkering with plants' genetics since the word go. I know it presents a way to feed more people. It still seems hinky to me the way it's being done now.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

51 minutes ago, speller24 said:

SOOOO random, but where the hell do they find all these skirts? Like they buy used, but those jean skirts have to be hard to find. Right? I guess I've never looked for them. 

It probably depends where you live. I would never be able to find a denim skirt, new or used, in my area. I think some of their skirts are cute, and wonder if they are buying them new. If I wore a denim skirt, my friends and family would definitely give me side eye and a "WTF are you wearing?" but I think some of them are okay looking. Am I losing it from too much Duggar exposure, or do you guys think some of the skirts are okay?

The five oldest Duggar girls are showing knees now, correct? 

ETA: How do I create a hidden content box?

Spoiler

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

It probably depends where you live. I would never be able to find a denim skirt, new or used, in my area. I think some of their skirts are cute, and wonder if they are buying them new. If I wore a denim skirt, my friends and family would definitely give me side eye and a "WTF are you wearing?" but I think some of them are okay looking. Am I losing it from too much Duggar exposure, or do you guys think some of the skirts are okay?

The five oldest Duggar girls are showing knees now, correct? 

I think some of the outfits they pull together are cute! Mostly Jana's. She's just more classy. As far as knees go, I know Jessa and Jinger are. Is Joy? I'm going to investigate. Jill had her knees blurred out when she was folding laundry, so I'm going to say probably not? 

I found this picture from Jinger's dress fitting? Good Ole Blessa is really showing it all ;) Jana, and Jill no, but Joy is! And we all know Jinger doesn't give a shit anymore about that nonsense! 

duggars.jpg

1 hour ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Things I wish I were not part of the show: Anything to do with wedding planning, wedding shower planning, baby shower planning, proposal planning, courtship planning. NO PLANNING. Please, TLC, only show the actual events. This show might as well be called, "Planning On." 

.... I can't watch anymore of Joy's wedding planning footage. 

AMEN.

While we are at it:

No more courtship lectures or courtship rules discussions.

No More peed on sticks

No more BABE. Just NONE. NEVER AGAIN. No one may say it. No one.

No more discussion of Tater Tot Casserole.

No more staged stuff. It's supposed to be REALITY TV

No more stupid wedding planner lady

No more Amy

No more crappy decorating until Kendra gets to do her home.

Give Us Instead

Show us how the men earn a living outside the show.

We get it--its the marriageable kids, but you're boring us to death so show us how they are "educating" the younger ones without Tabitha.

Show us what Jana does that is not her mother's work.

Show us Grandma!! We LIKE her.

1 hour ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Round-Up is an herbicide. Also, using less doesn't mean using none at all, and if it's been sprayed on the crops there's a chance it's still in or on the crop at the time of harvest, especially if the spraying and the harvesting were close together. 

Right, but that's very different from the claim that inserting genes to make the plants more resistant is the same as putting Round-Up into the plant itself.

13 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

No more Amy

Praise Rufus! 

14 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Show us Grandma!! We LIKE her.

Praise! 

Show Us Instead:

Jana has a garden? Show it.

John-David flies planes? Show it.

Volunteer Work? They claim they do it. Show it.

Ummmmmm, I own not one, but two denim skirts.  I got hip dips, and saddle bags, and nothing hides them better then a pair of denim skirts ;) (jeans just accentuate them, and make them look worse!).

In rl, I look like a fundie *_*

8 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

Will I lose all my credibility if I admit to wanting a full tour of Jinger's new closet?  

I would join you :562479514c500_32(1):

So where do the jeans for the skirts come from? Duggar boys? Other women?

Is the modesty standard in jeopardy here?

I would bet that when they're not filming, Jinger wears a lot of pants, especially around the house. 

Also, I watched Part 2 last night, and I felt like Joy was hostile towards Josiah. Maybe she was teasing, but it didn't seem like it to me. 

I think Ben and Jessa disagreed about Spurgeon's name and Ben won.  So maybe that was the tension.  I think she won with Henry.  Ben admitted that Jessa thought it was cute.  I believe he wanted Wilberforce.  

Maybe Joy was annoyed with the chef in that scene with Jinger and Jeremy.  She really had no room to criticize them for PDA.  

What I'd like to see:

Show what Jinger does with her time. Does she volunteer, teach Sunday School, study online? 

Will Joy be joining Austin at work? Does she volunteer? I really doubt she will take another course, but I've been wrong before...

Anna must be homeschooling by now. Show how it's going. Does she use the same programs and resources as Michelle and Jessa did? Does she work with the emerging readers and their guests focus on overseeing the online education for the kids from Jenny and up? 

Show Jana's care and harvesting from her garden. Does she can or freeze the veggies? 

What exactly do the Duggar boys do for employment. John, Joseph, Josiah, Jeremiah, Jedediah and maybe Jason are finished Duggar High. Whatever happened to College Minus? Did Joe fail, quit or was pulled out of classes from Crown College? Are any more fundie colleges on the horizon for the howlers? 

What does Ben do? Are there enough churches for all these "ministry minded" fellows? 

Jordyn loved Jessa. Could we have a day where she is visiting Jess and Ben? It might be contrived, but I like having some focus on that little girl. 

Please no more:

Derek barfing

Duggar girls doing fake shopping at 2nd hand stores.

Wedding planning, gender reveals, dentist or doctor visits, talking heads with the vacant wife staring at her dopey headship.

1 hour ago, Markie said:

Jordyn loved Jessa. Could we have a day where she is visiting Jess and Ben? It might be contrived, but I like having some focus on that little girl.

I would take a contrived visit with the Lost Girls or the M-kids spending a weekend in Laredo over another stupid consignment shopping trip, or anything that has to do with Boob and Michelle.

I'd like to see Jeremy teaching them to play soccer, or a visit to the symphony. If they have been playing violin and piano all of these years, are they even exposed to live music, and do they enjoy it? I'd like to see Jeremy coaching youth soccer, just because at least it isn't preaching, and also because he's the only Duggar husband with any talent.

Does anyone know why the Duggars never played organized sports? Is that a Fundy thing? A poverty thing? A lazy parent thing? An isolation thing? It's definitely not an American thing. Americans love youth sports. The top high school sports programs in my state are all Catholic Christian high schools and Protestant Christian high schools, so they can't say it's a Christian thing. Plenty of Christians play sports. 

Just now, Million Children For Jesus said:

Does anyone know why the Duggars never played organized sports? Is that a Fundy thing? A poverty thing? A lazy parent thing? An isolation thing? It's definitely not an American thing. Americans love youth sports. The top high school sports programs in my state are all Catholic Christian high schools and Protestant Christian high schools, so they can't say it's a Christian thing. Plenty of Christians play sports. 

Maybe they're just not "sporty." I'm not. I never played an organized team sport. Oh wait. I did. One long-ass summer (in all honesty, it was only four weeks), I played softball. It was hot and I got sweaty and my team sucked. I hated every minute of it. I wasn't "into" playing any sports and much preferred reading and music. I was happy to go to football games and watch, though.

2 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Maybe they're just not "sporty." I'm not. I never played an organized team sport. Oh wait. I did. One long-ass summer (in all honesty, it was only four weeks), I played softball. It was hot and I got sweaty and my team sucked. I hated every minute of it. I wasn't "into" playing any sports and much preferred reading and music. I was happy to go to football games and watch, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the boys weren't 'sporty' but I do think that some of them, and some of the girls too - I'm thinking Jinger and Joy especially - would have enjoyed participating in sports. 

I think it's important for everyone to be physically active. Whether that means jogging on a treadmill while watching television (individual and private) or doing a fitness class at the Y (in a group, yet still somewhat individual) or a team/group based sport, it doesn't matter. What I do think is a shame is that the Duggar offspring never got the chance to experience and explore sports in school or the community, even if only for them to - like me - realize they hate most sports.

It's explained in the first book, but they didn't do sports aside from weekly broomball (that was free for a while). It was a decision to now have everyone pulled a different direction and to do everything as a family. I do believe it was also influenced by the Maxwells in "Keeping Your Child's Heart" to not play organized sports.

It would suck if this were true, but part of me thinks TLC renewed Counting On just because they think Jill's health problems would make good television. (Just realized this might be kinda the wrong thread but too late now)

They were really into broomball for a while. They were the only ones there who had their own broomball gear, and the whole family, even down to week-old babies, would go to broomball even though it was really late at night.

In one of the early seasons they discussed their broomball playing. They also showed them at a minor league baseball game where they were the special guests with box seats but didn't understand how the game was played and couldn't follow along. 

I haven't worn a denim skirt since 2003. It was very pretty, short and with lace. 

They're not really a thing where I live. 

It shows them wearing protective gear. Probably not how the Duggars played.

• Curious locked this topic

Archived