IGNORED

Counting on Season Four, Part 6

samurai_sarah

8 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

It shows them wearing protective gear. Probably not how the Duggars played.

I don't remember what they had exactly, but the Duggars were actually the only players who had any kind of gear on at all.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YES! every damn time they ask if there's a chance I could be pregnant, I laugh and say, not unless it's the next coming of Christ?! insert nervous awkward laughter... 
SOOOO random, but where the hell do they find all these skirts? Like they buy used, but those jean skirts have to be hard to find. Right? I guess I've never looked for them. 

I live in a conservative area in a very liberal state and our thrift stores have tons of long denim skirts. I was going to dress as a Duggar for Halloween years ago and was going to buy one.

I actually own a couple knee length denim skirts from said thrift store. They look good on my curvy lumpy body.

IReallyAmHopewell I agree with all your show suggestions! Those would really help. Please listen to everyone here, TLC.

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

They were really into broomball for a while. They were the only ones there who had their own broomball gear, and the whole family, even down to week-old babies, would go to broomball even though it was really late at night.

I remember the broomball episode being very late at night.  It was after the ice rink closed to skating / hockey. The whole fam-damily played along with other fundies. There seemed to be a game for the smallish children, than a more competitive game with other fundie broomball players.  I just do not remember them having their own broomball gear. I remember one of the little boys wearing crocs (with no socks) to the rink and complaining his feet were cold.  

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

What the hell is broomball?

Think ice hockey, without ice skates, played with brooms and not sticks, with a rubber ball not a puck.  

Broomball was huge at my university. i even subbed a couple of times. I know of other Midwest MAC (Mid-American Conference) colleges it was popular at as well. It was quite common for a residence hall corridor, group of friends, fraternity/sorority, or even classmates to have a team. Part of the fun was coming up with your own name, like Chicks with Sticks. 

For those who wanted to spend the money, broom ball shoes looked like high top Chucks (Converse tennis shoes) that were gray. You also had a stick with a hard plastic "broom", and helmet. The ball was blue and smaller than a soccer ball or kickball. You played by running up and down the ice and trying to hit the ball into the opponent's goal. 

59 minutes ago, SayWhat said:

I remember the broomball episode being very late at night.  It was after the ice rink closed to skating / hockey. The whole fam-damily played along with other fundies. There seemed to be a game for the smallish children, than a more competitive game with other fundie broomball players.  I just do not remember them having their own broomball gear. I remember one of the little boys wearing crocs (with no socks) to the rink and complaining his feet were cold.    

It wasn't just fundies, it was just really popular with the fundie crowd. I used to go (and saw the Duggars there) and often got to hear people complain about the "illegals" who also had the gall to use the same community center. :my_confused:

The Duggars and their gear just really stuck out because no one else brought their own stuff. I don't think they actually wore helmets, but they had their own broomball sticks and some other things. Other people sometimes complained about the Duggars (Jim Bob especially) being a little too competitive when everyone else just played for fun.

I would bet that when they're not filming, Jinger wears a lot of pants, especially around the house. 
Also, I watched Part 2 last night, and I felt like Joy was hostile towards Josiah. Maybe she was teasing, but it didn't seem like it to me. 

With Joy and Josiah it sounded like they were actual siblings arguing. They put on a fake happy face all the time and I think this is only the second time I've see them being snippy. The other time being Jessa or Jinger rolling their eyes at the other for a smart ass comment when they were younger.

On 7/24/2017 at 10:56 AM, brookeb82 said:

Go Joy.

coas2.png

Joy looks like she is thinking, "I've been wanting to do this for the last two years and now I can".  I'm thinking I'm joining team Austin/Joy.

8 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

It probably depends where you live. I would never be able to find a denim skirt, new or used, in my area. I think some of their skirts are cute, and wonder if they are buying them new. If I wore a denim skirt, my friends and family would definitely give me side eye and a "WTF are you wearing?" but I think some of them are okay looking. Am I losing it from too much Duggar exposure, or do you guys think some of the skirts are okay?

The five oldest Duggar girls are showing knees now, correct? 

ETA: How do I create a hidden content box?

Hide contents

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sorry, not meaning to be mean but Michelle's shoes in the above picture almost looks like clown shoes. She is so small and probably shapely, can you imagine her in some current nice but modest clothes, (there are plenty of cute things out there) and a really good haircut and style. She would really be something.

On 2017-07-25 at 5:48 PM, kachuu said:

They were being playful and I think she just darted in quick.

Jessa had a 'TUDE when it came to the game. She was NOT happy about some of those answers!!

Ya I saw the clip where they were hugging and talking close and she just attacked him with a kiss and he jumped back lol. She's aggressive.

I noticed how serious Jessa was about the game. I'd like to inject some more humour into their lives. Ben seems to try to be funny but it tends to fall flat. 

8 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

I noticed how serious Jessa was about the game. I'd like to inject some more humour into their lives. Ben seems to try to be funny but it tends to fall flat. 

Serious on camera and competitive about a game does not mean that Jessa has no sense of humour. Friendly reminder that most of this is scripted. :P 

7 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Serious on camera and competitive about a game does not mean that Jessa has no sense of humour. Friendly reminder that most of this is scripted. :P 

Correction: I'd like to inject more humour into their lives on camera. Good enough? :D

28 minutes ago, sansan said:

Sorry, not meaning to be mean but Michelle's shoes in the above picture almost looks like clown shoes. She is so small and probably shapely, can you imagine her in some current nice but modest clothes, (there are plenty of cute things out there) and a really good haircut and style. She would really be something.

I'll easily snark on Michelle's clothing choices, but I give many more passes on shoes than most. Because of foot problems, my Mom had to wear shoes for years that didn't dress up well. After carrying 19 children, I don't know how Michelle's feet are, but it is quite possible she either can't fit into cute shoes anymore or she finds them very painful. 

Just now, flyonthewall said:

Correction: I'd like to inject more humour into their lives on camera. Good enough? :D

Talk to the writers and producers :P 

2 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

she always wants to maintain this facade on and off camera and it falls flat 

15 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I'll easily snark on Michelle's clothing choices, but I give many more passes on shoes than most. Because of foot problems, my Mom had to wear shoes for years that didn't dress up well. After carrying 19 children, I don't know how Michelle's feet are, but it is quite possible she either can't fit into cute shoes anymore or she finds them very painful. 

I can't either.  I have foot issues and one thing I've learned is that just because a shoe line carries orthopedic or special footware, it doesn't mean it will work for my feet.  I am severely  (thanks Jill Rodrigues) limited in which brands will work.  I'm up to two brand from one. 

Just watched the after hours episode that I recorded, because Shark Week! 

That was the most boring, vanilla version of the newlywed game ever. 

Jinger and Joy still come across as clingy girlfriends...hogging up the bed and pushing the guy to the edge...compensating for the lack of physical contact before marriage, and their stunted emotional and social development. It was heartening that the guys all seemed like they were trying to boost up the girls self confidence. 

The worst parts for me, were the previews. First, for that creepy Putnam family. I cannot watch them...its just so weird.  Second, the counting on episode for Joy's dress fitting where the little girls started bawling when they realized another sister mom was abandoning them. 

31 minutes ago, Dubiousclaire said:

The worst parts for me, were the previews. First, for that creepy Putnam family. I cannot watch them...its just so weird.  Second, the counting on episode for Joy's dress fitting where the little girls started bawling when they realized another sister mom was abandoning them. 

Poor Jenni. She not only lost her Mum Jill, but now her next-in-line Mum, Joy. Michelle might have to start remembering her name now...oh wait, Jana still lives at home...

I was thinking the exact same thing as some of you, Jinger acted different in the follow up show. I couldn't decide if she was annoyed or what but I kept thinking she doesn't want to be there. Was it that she IS wanting to distance herself from the family or is she maybe not adjusting well to married life? Although, in pictures she has seemed quite happy. I always thought she had a fairly cute personality but on this show-not so much.
I also agree with the idea of showing what they do all day, especially the men. Ben goes to work, does anyone know what he actually does?

4 hours ago, PumaLover said:

I live in a conservative area in a very liberal state and our thrift stores have tons of long denim skirts. I was going to dress as a Duggar for Halloween years ago and was going to buy one.

I actually own a couple knee length denim skirts from said thrift store. They look good on my curvy lumpy body.

IReallyAmHopewell I agree with all your show suggestions! Those would really help. Please listen to everyone here, TLC.

Yes! I live in a rural area with large populations of Apostolic Christians and other similar denominations. You can definitely find denim skirts at thrift stores. Some places like Maurices or Fashion Bug will still order and stock them for this clientele according to my friend, who is Pentecostal. 

Is broomball a southern thing? I was in greek life in college and a lot of frats for their rush events always did broommall which I never heard of until I went to school.

@candygirl200413, according to http://canadiandesignresource.ca/sport/broomball-shoes/

Spoiler

The modern game of broomball is believed to originate in Saskatchewan around 1900. Like hockey, broomball is played on ice but, as the name suggests, the game utilizes broom shaped sticks and a ball instead of a puck. Perhaps the most significant distinction from hockey is that broomball players wear shoes instead of skates.

While not as widely known as its winter counterparts hockey and curling, broomball continues to grow in popularity. The Canadian Broomball Federation is already a member of The Canadian Olympic Committee and the game is now seeking official Olympic status.

7 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Is broomball a southern thing?

No. I grew up in Arkansas and have never heard of it.

They also have a basketball court at their back yard. Think of all the energy the howlers could have spent participating in sports outside home instead of destroying TTH piece by piece. Out of the girls at least Joy and Hannie would have probably loved sports, too.

Canadian born and raised (small town Ontario), and I played broomball as an activity during my entire school career.  Not on ice though, just the frozen tundra.

As an aside, I lived in Saskatchewan as well (birthplace of Broomball, according to Wikipedia).

12 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I can't either.  I have foot issues and one thing I've learned is that just because a shoe line carries orthopedic or special footware, it doesn't mean it will work for my feet.  I am severely  (thanks Jill Rodrigues) limited in which brands will work.  I'm up to two brand from one. 

I have a lot of issues too. What brands are working for you, if you don't mind me asking?

• Curious locked this topic

Archived