IGNORED

Counting on Season Four, Part 6

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, flyonthewall said:

I think it was to fit them all in the shot.

Prehabs, but I think it would have been better with two bigger couches.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

I believe Daphne said Joy and Austin had been married for 26 days, which (if that can be believed) means this was filmed around the 20th or 21st of June. J & D were back in the states at that time and they hadn't yet had Samuel. Were they off visiting Derek's family or something?

Well in the first part she mentioned them being married 26 days then I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) when she introduced every for that dumb newlyweds style game in the second part she mentioned a number of days more in the 50's. Maybe Jill knew she might not be able to make it if they filmed on two separate days that far apart.

As much as I hate saying this... Austin is kinda funny. Ugh now I need to go do something sinful

I find myself laughing at their jokes sometimes or think they're being really relatable. Then I remember they hate gay people and try to convert Catholics and get mad at myself.

35 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Well in the first part she mentioned them being married 26 days then I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) when she introduced every for that dumb newlyweds style game in the second part she mentioned a number of days more in the 50's. Maybe Jill knew she might not be able to make it if they filmed on two separate days that far apart.

I'm pretty sure it was still 26 (or 27, can't remember exactly) days in the second half. The two halves of the show would've had to have been filmed almost a month apart for it to be 50-something days, and I doubt Jeremy and Jinger would have been able to do that.

3 hours ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

Forgive me if this was discussed previously, I saw the second episode but not the first. Did they ever mention why Jill and Derek weren't there? I believe Daphne said Joy and Austin had been married for 26 days, which (if that can be believed) means this was filmed around the 20th or 21st of June. J & D were back in the states at that time and they hadn't yet had Samuel. Were they off visiting Derek's family or something?

I think they said it was because Jill was very close to labour.

6 hours ago, bella8050 said:

The part where Jeremy said he was afraid of bad breath made me laugh considering his halitosis plagued FIL. 

Jeremy does not like Jim Bob and his regular digs at JB amuse me.  I'm not sure that's always the wisest approach to in-laws, but I have to admit JB has basically asked for it. 

I'm looking forward to Meet the Putnams. I was interested in the long promotion for the show during this Counting On episode.

I saw the one hour special about them a few months ago.  Four grownups with spouses and numerous kids living with Mom and Dad should make for a great show.  Some of them seem like hot messes.

Hello everyone. This is my first ever post on the forums! Glad to be here.

I noticed something strange when I was watching the Newlywed Game portion of The After Show Part 2...I was bored and started looking at their handwriting. The question was "What would your husband say is the most difficult part of courting?"

Joy turned around her whiteboard to reveal "No physical contact!" Joy has an interesting exclamation point. Then the camera changed to show Austin's answer. I wanted to see Joy's exclamation point again...The camera changed view to include Joy and her whiteboard.

That's when I noticed the exclamation point is still the same general style, but it is definitely different than the first!!! See below. I wonder what happened behind the scenes...lol.

Spoiler

Joy_View1.thumb.PNG.05b7eabac542c4112d560da19a8fd01e.PNG

Joy_View2.PNG.617e15e001301fcd0db8d1a763bd9042.PNG

3 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

Just re-watched that part and Daphne announces them as having been married for 26 days.

Joy_View2.PNG

Daphne Oz was the most irritating part of the past two episodes. I don't care for her unattractive nightgown type dress worn with a dark blazer.  Her stupid smile was annoying too.

I don't like her dad, Dr. Oz, either. So there.

On 7/25/2017 at 10:19 AM, nst said:

What struck me as odd is that they think Jill and Derick are the most PDA in public.    I think that goes to Jeremy and JInger with their provoking instagram shots.  Unless they mean Jill and Derick in their public view opposed to our public view.... It seems Austin can't handle Joy's aggressiveness that much. 

Yes. He first seemed embarrassed, then a little annoyed. But he did seem to initiate the staring thing. They barely paid attention unless the focus was on them.

On the Jessa and Ben relationship discussion... After Spurgeon was born it definitely seemed like there was a lot of tension between them. And individually they both seemed on edge.

But more recently since the 2nd pregnancy and Henry's birth, Jessa seems noticeably more relaxed and upbeat, Ben is more engaged and together they are less awkward. That suppressed irritation is not present. The moment after Henry's birth was really sweet. It also doesn't make sense to me that they would be individually happier but more miserable as a couple.

I didn't see the second part of the after show but I'm sure sometimes they get on each other's nerves. What couple doesn't?  but I don't think the bloom is off the rose in the way that you see with Jill and Derick for example. I think it might just be their own awkwardness or normal relationship friction.

Oh my, Joy and Austin are some horny teenagers. They couldn't wait to go back to the bedroom :D

Jinger never seemed so uncomfortable during any episode but she was probably dreading the baby talk.

Ben is still figuring out who he wants to be and what life is all about. Jessa on the other hand only has multiplying on her mind and taking care of 2 babies.

Kendra is Anna 2.0. She'll make a good competition to Michelle's baby voice. Joe's butt... damn 

On 25/7/2017 at 10:13 AM, Mayluka said:

Their behind-the-scenes PDA also made me feel a little weird, but I just don't really like PDA in general. I will admit they're cute together, though.

The PDA was in full motion. Girl couldn't control herself, even if you don't follow the Duggars you could tell she's definitely a newlywed. It was funny to watch.

13 hours ago, ChestHugger said:

I find myself laughing at their jokes sometimes or think they're being really relatable. Then I remember they hate gay people and try to convert Catholics and get mad at myself.

That's the magic (and danger) of humour. It has this unifying quality.

10 hours ago, rainashine said:

Hello everyone. This is my first ever post on the forums! Glad to be here.

I noticed something strange when I was watching the Newlywed Game portion of The After Show Part 2...I was bored and started looking at their handwriting. The question was "What would your husband say is the most difficult part of courting?"

Joy turned around her whiteboard to reveal "No physical contact!" Joy has an interesting exclamation point. Then the camera changed to show Austin's answer. I wanted to see Joy's exclamation point again...The camera changed view to include Joy and her whiteboard.

That's when I noticed the exclamation point is still the same general style, but it is definitely different than the first!!! See below. I wonder what happened behind the scenes...lol.

Hide contents

Joy_View1.thumb.PNG.05b7eabac542c4112d560da19a8fd01e.PNG

Joy_View2.PNG.617e15e001301fcd0db8d1a763bd9042.PNG

Just re-watched that part and Daphne announces them as having been married for 26 days.

Joy_View2.PNG

Further proof that EVERYTHING with the Duggars is a lie.  They cant even have a game without scripting and making shit up.

3 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

On the Jessa and Ben relationship discussion... After Spurgeon was born it definitely seemed like there was a lot of tension between them. And individually they both seemed on edge.

I think part of that might have been them both trying to deal with the aftermath of Spurgeon's traumatic birth. Watching Henry's birth episode made me realize how terrified Ben was this time around. We didn't truly see a lot of what happened with Spurgeon. So if they both struggled and there was no counselling to help them work past their hurdle, they likely would have struggled with each other and their relationship. 

@PainfullyAwareI agree with @Carm_88. Becoming a parent is scary and tough even under ideal circumstances! Adding in a premature birth and NICU stay (like we had with our daughter last year) or a true medical emergency (like Benessa faced when Jessa hemorrhaged) can make a normally tough transition even tougher. I think I'd be more surprised if they didn't show some signs of strain once in a while. They went through a lot and that's bound to leave some emotional trauma.

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Further proof that EVERYTHING with the Duggars is a lie.  They cant even have a game without scripting and making shit up.

Meh. She could have started erasing it and they wanted another shot. 

23 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

And when are the Wallers going to visit? I miss the FDW the Pecan Thief.

TLC, if you're reading, I second this idea.

Things I wish I were not part of the show: Anything to do with wedding planning, wedding shower planning, baby shower planning, proposal planning, courtship planning. NO PLANNING. Please, TLC, only show the actual events. This show might as well be called, "Planning On." 

I erased my scheduled recordings. I can't watch anymore of Joy's wedding planning footage. 

On 7/24/2017 at 4:32 AM, Lurky said:

I think there's also the thing about how people interpret the questions too.  So my dad might answer "Do you have high blood pressure?" with no, because the meds he's on have sorted it out, for example, and a kid who's had it drummed into their head that only PiV is "sex" might say no to "are you sexually active?", so I totally understand why healthcare practitioners ask the same question in different ways (especially in different settings/company).

YES! every damn time they ask if there's a chance I could be pregnant, I laugh and say, not unless it's the next coming of Christ?! insert nervous awkward laughter... 

SOOOO random, but where the hell do they find all these skirts? Like they buy used, but those jean skirts have to be hard to find. Right? I guess I've never looked for them. 

• Curious locked this topic

Archived