IGNORED

Counting on Season Four, Part 6

samurai_sarah

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, nst said:

It seems Austin can't handle Joy's aggressiveness that much. 

He looks terrified in that first picture

Did anyone else notice that when Booblehead spoke of grandchildren in the near future he mention Joy and Austin but not JinJer?   IT was Joy who said Jin/Jer. 

Think he's figured it out that JinJer are using some sort of BC? 

I absolutely loved Jeremys reaction to hearing about diapers. It was the best thing out of the whole season.

Tried watching this last night, but for some reason, it couldn't hold my attention. I got too caught up in reading Slate's "Worst Person in Westeros" (Game of Thrones). It was about Euron Greyjoy this week, with his sexy psycho pirate swagger. Thank goodness for FJ's recaps.

14 hours ago, nst said:

200 grandchildren which means he created his army 

That is, indeed, a scary thought. 

I hope his army turns on him!

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Austin looks like he's trying to get away in that picture.

does someone know what actually went on in that picture? I wanna if Joy threw herself at him lol or maybe he was just turning to kiss her??

16 hours ago, nst said:

200 grandchildren which means he created his army 

I don't think they will reach 200 grandchildren, or triple digits for that matter. 50-80 at most. probably, some of the Duggar children will remain child-less, most of them will up with 2-6 children.

The kids would have to average over 10 children each to reach 200 grandchildren. It's certainly possible though that JB and Michelle could live to see over 200 descendants, if you're including all generations.

When Michelle came on and was hunching, I scrabbled about remembering I had not taken my prenatal vitamins yesterday. (Need to set a timer for when I'm not at work).

The vitamins started rebelling while JB was talking about his future grandarmy, so I missed most of that. Bleh, I'll blame it on him for now.

27 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

The kids would have to average over 10 children each to reach 200 grandchildren. 

That's also assuming that none of them would have fertility issues as well and that they all stay Quiverfull. 

I'm aware that Jeremy is probably the objectively "hottest" Duggar spouse, but there's something about him that I just find off-putting. It's probably that he screams frat boy to me...even now in his post-found-Jesus-again state, his mannerisms and clothes are VERY fratty. Ironically, Jinger strikes me as someone who would have loved sorority life in undergrad, so I guess that match worked out? :pb_lol: They seem happy together. Jinger and Jeremy don't seem to want children in the near future. I 100% think they're preventing is some way.

Oddly, the more they show of Jinger, the less I like her. She just seems ditsy and extremely sheltered. On the flip side, Jessa has become more nurturing/mature/self-aware over time. So interesting.

I adore Austin. Ben is my pet fundie...I can tell he has good intentions, but who knows what direction the fundie life will take him in. D-wreck needs a stable career. JD is a gem, I hope he finds someone who makes him very happy.

I just watched the clip from the second after show episode  where they show Jinger and Jeremy's PDA while cooking on their honeymoon and judging by Joy's reaction and maaan she does not approve! 

I am starting to believe those who predicted that Joy would be the most strict fundamentalist of the older siblings. 

5 minutes ago, shiverful said:

I just watched the clip from the second after show episode  where they show Jinger and Jeremy's PDA while cooking on their honeymoon and judging by Joy's reaction and maaan she does not approve! 

Lmao the rest of the episode Joy was all over Austin and they were showing just as much PDA as J and J.... I think the stricter ones will be Joe and Kendra, I mean, they were the only ones that waited to say I love you until after engagement and they seem stricter physically than the others ( so far) . I still think Joy and Austin will be pretty fundie but maybe will relax a bit

9 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

since we figured out how plants fuck. 

:pb_lol: This is the most amazing phrase ever. I would have paid more attention in class if my teachers used it when teaching about plants.

13 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

For some reason I saw "Dr. Oz" and thought of Dr. Drew. They're all pretty bad. :pb_lol:

Do any of them still have their medical license? Dr. Drew totally shouldn't. He just enables the ladies on teen mom and doesn't give a shit if someone is addicted to drugs or has a mental illness and needs treatment. At least Dr. Phil refers people to actual help (after exploiting them), right? Then I just ignore Dr. (Wizard of) Oz, no idea what he's doing.

13 hours ago, Kayleigh83 said:

I did hear several jokes about not saying what they REALLY call each other! Especially from Jinger. LOL come on Duggars, get real with us!!

Thine owner of the holy penis?

@VelociRapture

12 minutes ago, bananabread said:

Oddly, the more they show of Jinger, the less I like her. She just seems ditsy and extremely sheltered. On the flip side, Jessa has become more nurturing/mature/self-aware over time. So interesting.

My impression of Jinger is that she doesn't enjoy the spotlight, but this is her 'job'. It was most likely TLC money that bought them the house, and I'm sure they like the extra income. I also think she's trying to distance herself from the family somewhat, and that comes off as annoying and ditzy. I get the same vibe from Alyssa Bates, minus the fact that she clearly enjoys the spotlight. 

Just now, VBOY9977 said:

Lmao the rest of the episode Joy was all over Austin and they were showing just as much PDA and J and J.... I think the stricter ones will be Joe and Kendra, I mean, they were the only ones that waited to say I love you until after engagement and they seem stricter physically than the others ( so far) . I still think Joy and Austin will be pretty fundie but maybe will relax a bit

I haven't watched the rest of the episode yet (waiting for those free links, yo), but I hope you are right. The older girls are... well at least a bit older, and I would hate for Joy to be pushed into the role of the extremely modest and obedient wife at such a young age (compared to me she already is, but compared to her siblings: time will tell, I guess). 

But I still think her reaction looked very disapproving. It might not be from the PDA itself (the main-Duggars are experts as we all know), but perhaps the way Jinger dressed, the way Jeremy spoke about aphrodisiacs or just the fact that they made the chef uncomfortable). Or I am reading too much into this (which is why I love FJ, because to a certain extend, we all to that). 

2 minutes ago, RhythmicSkater said:

My impression of Jinger is that she doesn't enjoy the spotlight, but this is her 'job'. 

If she doesn't like the spotlight, she's not required to do it anymore. They are still doing it and I am sure that Jeremy hopes to grow his congregation through this. He didn't choose a Duggar girl for nothing. 

3 minutes ago, shiverful said:

I haven't watched the rest of the episode yet (waiting for those free links, yo), but I hope you are right. The older girls are... well at least a bit older, and I would hate for Joy to be pushed into the role of the extremely modest and obedient wife at such a young age (compared to me she already is, but compared to her siblings: time will tell, I guess). 

But I still think her reaction looked very disapproving. It might not be from the PDA itself (the main-Duggars are experts as we all know), but perhaps the way Jinger dressed, the way Jeremy spoke about aphrodisiacs or just the fact that they made the chef uncomfortable). Or I am reading too much into this (which is why I love FJ, because to a certain extend, we all to that). 

The PDA in front of the chef was completely scripted, I guess. And Jinger looked so uncomfortable doing it, I felt bad for her. I mean she was staring at the chef whil her husband was making out with her from behind, wth??!!?

4 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

The PDA in front of the chef was completely scripted, I guess. And Jinger looked so uncomfortable doing it, I felt bad for her. I mean she was staring at the chef whil her husband was making out with her from behind, wth??!!?

To be fair, she just had sex for the first time...so she might still be in shock

17 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Do any of them still have their medical license? Dr. Drew totally shouldn't. He just enables the ladies on teen mom and doesn't give a shit if someone is addicted to drugs or has a mental illness and needs treatment. At least Dr. Phil refers people to actual help (after exploiting them), right? Then I just ignore Dr. (Wizard of) Oz, no idea what he's doing.

Dr. Phil never had a medical license to begin with, he's a psychologist. Dr. Drew and Dr. Oz still have theirs, though. Dr. Oz is actually a very talented cardiac surgeon and still does surgeries, but he's also chosen to peddle bullshit on tv. He reminds me of Ben Carson in that they're both really good at what they do but do and say really dumb stuff outside of surgery because they've apparently gotten addicted to fame.

There's definitely more to the whole GMO debate than just whether it's safe to eat or not.

As a couple of examples:

monsanto have developed GMO crops which are sterile, meaning farmers (including those in the developing world who can ill afford to) cannot save some seed to plant next year. They are stuck buying expensive seed from Monsanto every year.

There's also the issue of GmOs designed to be resistant to certain pesticides and herbicides. This means that farmers can drench the crops in poisons without risking damaging the crop itself. Residues are then found in the food we buy. Not an advancement I'd want IMO.

4 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Dr. Phil never had a medical license to begin with, he's a psychologist. Dr. Drew and Dr. Oz still have theirs, though. Dr. Oz is actually a very talented cardiac surgeon and still does surgeries, but he's also chosen to peddle bullshit on tv. He reminds me of Ben Carson in that they're both really good at what they do but do and say really dumb stuff outside of surgery because they've apparently gotten addicted to fame.

Yeah....it's kind of like Ben Carson tried to perform brain surgery on himself, messed up, and damaged his frontal lobe. It's hard to take either of them seriously as physicians because of their actions outside their office.

As I understand the process, the GMO seeds have pesticides and herbicides in them.  Ie: you are eating Round-up.  There is a whole lot wrong with that.  

The insectides originally used were good til the pests worked up immunity, pesticide stronger got to where it killed the plants.  So they injected the pesticed into the plants as part of their biological make up - the pests die (and then the immunity builds in the bugs so the plants get more in them). 

I plant and gather seeds from my home garden.  I am not prepared to eat toxic chemicals where and when I can avoid it.  

I actually wouldn't be surprised if someone in the family purchases property (or already has) in San Antonio and that's why they keep going through Waco, they're down here an awful lot and that precedes Jeremy. Ben and Jessa met him at a house prayer thing, but I know they've done tons of speaking engagements as far back as 2006 - probably farther, it was just the first time I saw them wandering about. I mean SA is nice and all, but not really a spot you keep returning to for vacation.

The real estate market here is just now starting to get a bit more expensive, but they could also be flipping houses since we have a lot that need it. Pretty much everyone I know that owns is getting generous cash sale offers, often unsolicited. Even if they just use it for rental, as long as you keep rent in off base housing budgets, you'll have no trouble finding renters.

• Curious locked this topic

Archived