IGNORED

Dillards 34: Finding Contentment

samurai_sarah

Ah, I don't think Jill looks sad. It looks to me like she's in awe of/in love with little Sammy, and a person can cry/look sad when something moves them to happiness just as easily. The lighting in the picture is pretty terrible though. Jill  Derrick, its called the "flash" button! You don't have to settle for crappy, dimly lit pictures :pb_lol:

ETA: I've noticed the Dillards have a special talent for taking terribly lit pictures. 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I think all babies are beautiful, even though not all babies are cute. They inherently have miracle baby magic, so I probably use the word "cute" when I don't exactly mean "cute."

Spurge, Henry, Izzy, and Sam were all born with Jim Bob's face. At least his nose. It takes a few months to grow into, and often changes.

Jill has her mom's elongated oval face, big, round eyes, narrow mouth, and thin lips, but she has a Duggar nose, so people often comment that she looks like Jim Bob. It's really just the one feature. It looks like both of her boys have her nose. I've seen her baby pictures and Izzy looks just like her. Sam doesn't look as much like Jill as Izzy does. I can see Derick mixed in there.

Jessa has Jim Bob's big mouth, with Michelle's elongated oval face, and Michelle's long, upturned nose. So does Spurge. He will look like Jesse Eisenberg as an adult. Henry looks like Jim Bob and Ben had a baby together. I think he will be a better looking adult than Spurgeon.

Jinger has Jim Bob's mouth shape, the girl version of his nose, and his round face, but no one wants to say she looks like him because that would be mean. Somehow that dorky clown makes beautiful girls. I hope Jinger's boys look like Jeremy and not Jim Bob. 

I don't know why everyone thinks Jessa's kids look like JB. To me, Jessa looks so much like Michelle. And Spurgeon looks just like her too. Henry looks like a mix of Jessa and Ben to me.
Jill definitely has JB's eyes and cheeks too. 
Jinger definitely has Michelles nose. Of the adult girls only Joy and Jill have JB's nose.

2 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I don't know why everyone thinks Jessa's kids look like JB. To me,

Nostrils 

Okay, so that baby is gorgeous, and I will go on a limb in saying Jill was probably the one who was very sick, and the reason we didn't hear from them. In any case, he's beautiful, and the hope she feels like herself soon!

That baby looks jaundiced. Esp. The whites of his eyes. My oldest was jaundiced...you get to recognize the funny tan look. And man, he had a LOT of needle sticks on the back of his hand. I've never seen a photo of Jill in jammies and robe, either. Actually more worried now. Is Sam going home and Jill staying? They can bring him for outpatient light treatments....

28 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Don't think so - my hands randomly look like that in photos, depending on where I'm caught mid-movement. lol  Looks like she was photographed as she was reaching to brush her hair over her shoulder. 

Yeah, or that. But (not that it matters) she appears to be holding something rectangular about the same size and shape as an iPhone.

The picture with Jill looks like she is in a nightgown. That huge flower print with the typical lace around the neckline screams nightgown. And a dark fuzzy looking robe?  She had a rough birth that is for sure.

oh and if you compare the births....with Izzy her face was radiant despite 72 hours or labour.  This one she looks subdued and ill. 

5 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

That baby looks jaundiced. Esp. The whites of his eyes. My oldest was jaundiced...you get to recognize the funny tan look. And man, he had a LOT of needle sticks on the back of his hand. I've never seen a photo of Jill in jammies and robe, either. Actually more worried now. Is Sam going home and Jill staying? They can bring him for outpatient light treatments....

If Jill has to stay then so will the baby. Can't really establish breast feeding otherwise. Separating them is not beneficial for bonding or mothers mental health.

1 hour ago, MadeItOut said:

The part that worries me a little in the photo with Jill is her hand pose. I really hope it's just that she's so completely lost in her baby, but ever since my ABI, the hand and arm on my weaker side curl like that some days - especially if I'm tired. Mr MIO calls it my 'eagle claw'. Here's hoping hers is only distraction. It does seem a teeny bit odd for a mother with at least a little medical training not to cradle on the left, close to her heart.

I noticed the same think and immediately wondered if she had suffered a stroke. I really hope not. 

Possibly of little to no consequence:

I think the photo of Sam with his right hand/arm under his cheek has jill in it. We just can't see her face.

Compare the pattern of the background clothing under Sam with Jill's clothes in the photo of her holding him. Plus it looks like the navy cardi is in both photos as well. 

2 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

I think the standard in the US is two days for vaginal and three days for a C-section...I'm surprised there are people saying that's long!

On the opposite side of the spectrum is Switzerland. All of my friends who have given birth there stayed in the hospital for 5-7 days. If you don't upgrade to a private room that's a really long time to have a stranger and her newborn as roommates. 

1 hour ago, Dugg@rTime said:

In the pic with Jill holding Samuel there's a blue cord? line? around her left arm. It's a pretty distinctive style. Does anyone know what it might be for?

It's an apnea monitor. A poster from another borad recognized it. She suspects that Sammy will be portably monitored at home for a few months. I guess the good news is that if that's the case, it will delay thier return to Danger America. 

Jill looks nice without makeup. Granted, she looks weary, but there is an earthy beauty to her.

37 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Jinger has Jim Bob's mouth shape, the girl version of his nose, and his round face, but no one wants to say she looks like him because that would be mean. Somehow that dorky clown makes beautiful girls. I hope Jinger's boys look like Jeremy and not Jim Bob. 

I actually think that Jinger looks exactly like Michelle, if Michelle were 20 years younger and dressed for the 21st century. This is especially evident in pictures with the two of them, and Jessa looks more like Michelle too. They both have Michelle's head, and I don't really see and JB in Jinger.   Jill imo is a femal Jim Bob, which can also be seen when looking at pictures of them together, like her wedding pictures. 

34 minutes ago, sansan said:

I don't think Samuel would still be a patient in that picture because of what he has on. It might be a picture at the hospital as they were about to leave because it looks like the wall is in the hospital. As for Jill, she may have said, no more pictures of me. C-setions must be hell. I had gall bladder surgery after having two regular births, not fun! She does not give herself time to recuperate and stupid Michelle is nowhere to be found to give her some maternal advice. You can "keep sweet" and still let your wishes be known, she can't be that damn dumb.

The baby clothing doesn't mean too much. Velocibaby was wearing onesies and pajamas while in NICU. The clothes were all donated by charity groups and are used for all the preemies who come through that fit in them. Some parents also dress baby in clothes they bring from home.

And I think it's a bit early to be claiming Jill isn't giving herself time to recover. 

8 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

The picture with Jill looks like she is in a nightgown. That huge flower print with the typical lace around the neckline screams nightgown.

oh and if you compare the births....with Izzy her face was radiant despite 72 hours or labour.  This one she looks subdued and ill. 

I know nothing about yellow and babies but he did look a little yellow. I agree she looks sad and in a nightgown. 

We don't know if this is the first photo of when she saw him but she doesn't look as she did with izzy. I still think she is suffering.

4 minutes ago, marmalade said:

It's an apnea monitor. A poster from another borad recognized it. She suspects that Sammy will be portably monitored at home for a few months. I guess the good news is that if that's the case, it will delay thier return to Danger America. 

What is apnea? Does it have to do with how he sleeps

Apnea in general is when you stop breathing. At night or during rest its sleep apnea.  If he's on an apnea monitor then if my thinking is correct he might still be having respiratory issues. Inhaled amnio fluid or meconium maybe? Looks jaundiced to me too (all 3 of mine had it) but looks like he's off the oxygen and IV so that's progress. 

I really hope that pic with Jill was taken days ago or the lighting is really bad, otherwise I'd be pretty worried. 

I think it's really telling that for her Instagram Jill took a screenshot of their family page to post that of Sam.  That mean she hasn't had the strength to take even a single photo of him yet.

2 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

I think it's really telling that for her Instagram Jill took a screenshot of their family page to post that of Sam.  That mean she hasn't had the strength to take even a single photo of him yet.

Or maybe she is directing people to the page. Do they get paid for clicks? More clicks = more money.

2 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

Not really. She was linking to the website. She does that a lot on Instagram.

I think they post screenshots of their blog page on Instagram  which directs everyone to their blog because they get money for the more clicks they get on their blog, @Fjrocks. They've done this multiple times.

4 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

The Mayo Clinic claims the average hospital stay is 2 or 3 days.  I find that super short, I was in the hospital almost 2 days with my totally normal vaginal birth of a healthy child with little tearing.  I would expect abdominal surgery to require more . . . 

I had a c-section a Tuesday morning and went home on Friday. They said I could stay another day if I wanted but he bed sucked and I wanted to go home.

3 hours ago, bananabread said:

Really concerned for Jill after seeing the photos.

I think I am the only person who thinks she doesn't look that bad at all. I looked way worse in my photos and I didn't have 40 hours of labor. No complications for me or anything.

1 hour ago, sansan said:

I don't think Samuel would still be a patient in that picture because of what he has on. It might be a picture at the hospital as they were about to leave because it looks like the wall is in the hospital. As for Jill, she may have said, no more pictures of me. C-setions must be hell. I had gall bladder surgery after having two regular births, not fun! She does not give herself time to recuperate and stupid Michelle is nowhere to be found to give her some maternal advice. You can "keep sweet" and still let your wishes be known, she can't be that damn dumb.

I have very few photos of me in the hospital and even the first couple months. I felt gross. I lived in a large night shirts for about a month.

33 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

The picture with Jill looks like she is in a nightgown. That huge flower print with the typical lace around the neckline screams nightgown. And a dark fuzzy looking robe?  She had a rough birth that is for sure.

A nightgown and robe = rough birth?  I had a c-section (scheduled a couple days in advance) and no complications. I stayed in pajamas for a month. At the hospital I wore a robe when I'd have to do "laps" around the floor.

Just now, Fjrocks said:

Are you suggesting they're trying to profit off a baby???? 

Um. There's this family called the Duggars. You might have heard of them. They made their money by profiting off their children. 

I've had a 45 hr labour and a 36 hr labour... Once I could sit up?  You couldn't wipe the glowing smile off my face.  Jill's photo worries me.  I've had complicated hard births.  Nasty as hell.. Csection & a vbac.   There's something sad about Jill's face.  Post birth hormones give you a high.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived