IGNORED

Dillards 34: Finding Contentment

samurai_sarah

Her hands and face look thinner than usual to me as well. Of course we don't know when the pictures were taken, lighting could be bad, or they just may not be sharing as much anymore. If I walked into a room and saw my patient looking like that I'd be quick to check her vitals and labs...again, if the lighting isn't off. But she does look pretty puny. No fun feeling like crap when you have a cute new bundle to be enjoying. Hope she is doing well because he is a cutie!

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All things considered I think Jill looks good.  She has been through a lot but the fact that she is up and all that is good news.

42 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

The Mayo Clinic claims the average hospital stay is 2 or 3 days.  I find that super short, I was in the hospital almost 2 days with my totally normal vaginal birth of a healthy child with little tearing.  I would expect abdominal surgery to require more . . . 

In Canada, we don't stay very long. C-sections usually require 2 nights, vaginal can be 1 or less. 

My best friend gave birth (vaginally) to her second baby at 3 in the morning and was home by noon because everything went so well. 

I actually think Jill looks fine for having had 40 hours of labor and a surgery five days ago (at most). It looks like she's been able to shower (just by comparing to the quick snapshot they got immediately following Izzy's birth). I think her color is off because of the lighting in the room.

Just now, viii said:

In Canada, we don't stay very long. C-sections usually require 2 nights, vaginal can be 1 or less. 

My best friend gave birth (vaginally) to her second baby at 3 in the morning and was home by noon because everything went so well. 

That makes sense, we were surprised how long they wanted to keep us.  We are in the US and they seemed to think we were out of there super fast.

You guys should be in the Netherlands- homebirth is safe and very popular here, but if you choose to have a hospital birth here with a normal low risk pregnancy and all goes well with the birth you're out of there within 3-4 hours, day or night. Sometimes they will be 'nice' and keep you until morning  if you give birth at like midnight, but sometimes not. '

We do get an individual maternity nurse here who comes to your house immediately after you're released though and is with you 6 hours a day for the first 8 days though, so that partly explains the system.

I'm clearly no expert but Jill does look a bit frail.  Blood loss maybe?  Like how Jessa looked in hospital.

My friends and I mostly has csections and we all got puffy, color remained the same besides dark circles under the eyes from new nursing establishment and routine.

I'm happy to see some pics, seems like all will be well.

36 minutes ago, breakfree said:

We do get an individual maternity nurse here who comes to your house immediately after you're released though and is with you 6 hours a day for the first 8 days though, so that partly explains the system.

That is amazing.  I was surprised when our pediatrician did a home visit at all . . .

I guess we all are use to Jill's over the top smile. Not use to the solem look. Lil Sam is cute. Derick is a proud looking dad. He will really have to keep up with Izzy while Jill recovers. I'm sure Jana and Hannie will be around to help with laundry and cooking.

Y'all. Clearly the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT on Saturday will be made from:

their compound house in Sintral 'Murrica.

Derelict is sure Jill will be able to handle a long flight with an infant and a toddler, especially since it's been almost a week since major surgery.

(THIS IS SARCASM, YALL)

3 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Y'all. Clearly the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT on Saturday will be made from:

their compound house in Sintral 'Murrica.

Derelict is sure Jill will be able to handle a long flight with an infant and a toddler, especially since it's been almost a week since major surgery.

I doubt that. Health aside, wouldn't it take around 6 weeks for Samuel to get a passport?

6 hours ago, Quiver Full of Kittens said:

I would assume no, unless only one or two of her eggs were harvested, fertilized, and implanted in the surrogate. Life begins at conception and it would be murder for the unused eggs to be disposed of after the procedure. 

They can freeze them and eventually transfer them all, especially since they're young and want a large family.

4 minutes ago, meee said:

I doubt that. Health aside, wouldn't it take around 6 weeks for Samuel to get a passport?

'ministry' is clearly more important than legal technicalities, how dare you suggest otherwise /s

29 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I think he looks like Izzy. 

Jill has no makeup....and we haven't really seen much of her without makeup. Maybe that is it. 

Yes, it could be that she appears pale because she's not wearing any at all, or very little, and we're not used to seeing that

5 minutes ago, meee said:

I am 105% sure that @SapphireSlytherin was being sarcastic.

Side note - I've seen that "big Saturday announcement" thing a few times now. Where did that come from?

I don't find Samuel that cute, but I also did not find Izzy to be very cute as a baby, and yes I know that sounds very mean, but I am really not trying to be mean. Thankfully he seems to be healthy and happy, and that is all that matters! Hopefully Jill feels better soon. And hopefully they will start using birth control. 

So. I did notice in one picture of Derrick holding Sammy, that there looks like there is a cord or white wire coming from Sammy, like lower body area, then I went back and ALL the other pictures are about waist up of Sammy, so you wouldn't see it. Interesting? Let the speculation begin? Or someone can set me straight.

Samuel is adorable -  he looks a lot like Izzy as a newborn. Of course, being jumbo-sized helps with the comparison. 

I don't want to read too much into that picture of Jill just yet - it's kind of grainy and the lighting is poor that you can't really tell too much. 

Most of my friends with children have had C-sections, and from what I remember, most had 3-4 day stays in the hospital - these were all scheduled C-sections, though so there weren't unexpected complications.

With both of my kids' (vaginal) births, we stayed in the hospital for two nights. I think part of the reasoning for that is monitoring the baby's health, particularly bilirubin levels. (We also had to come back for testing the day after we left the hospital, because both my kids were borderline jaundiced.)

I remember hearing that when some insurance companies started requiring a one night stay, they ended up with more babies needing to come back for treatment for jaundice. In a country with home visits from a nurse, that could be taken care of that way. 

Samuelito is pretty good-looking for a newborn imo. Less "alien life form" looking than some I've known. :pb_lol:

1 minute ago, Screamapillar said:

@karen77 I saw that and thought it was like, Derick's iPhone charger or something.

That could be, although the position is weird.

Pictures finally!

Jill looks pale and weak but baby Samuel looks a lot like his big brother. I hope she's getting better. 

I don't care about Derick. 

1 hour ago, eleanora3 said:

We finally have some baby pics

Samuel-Gallery-1.png

Obviously I have know way of knowing, but the look on Jill's face gives me the impression this may have been the first time she held Samuel.

Makes me wonder if she was knocked out for the surgery or if something happened needing her to recover before going to see him.

i get the same impression from Derick- like he's proud showing his son off to her or something.

who knows... just one impression going off very little information.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived