IGNORED

Dillards 34: Finding Contentment

samurai_sarah

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Those are all clearly still taken in the hospital.

Jill looks exhausted, and maybe it's just me, but looks as though she had been crying recently before that photo was taken.

Derick looks happy....of course :pb_rollseyes:
Samuel is a little cutie pie!

Just get this bad feeling when I look at Jill, I sincerely hope she is recovering well and is emotionally stabilizing,however slowly that may be.

I feel for her with that weak smile in this moment. *sigh* poor girl.

4 minutes ago, bananabread said:

Really concerned for Jill after seeing the photos.

Hopefully it is just bad lighting because her color doesn't look good at all. I understand she just had surgery, but she looks really, I don't know, generally weak I guess. 

My question then is whether they took those pictures days ago and are just now finally releasing them, or if Samuel (and possibly Jill) are still in the hospital. If they were taken days ago, why wait to release them until after fans have spent days questioning how Jill and the baby are doing?

He looks SO MUCH like Spurge in this pic.

lookslikespurge.jpg.6e9c57f55ad6517a499a7b1bea3c6bb9.jpg

He appears to be dressed in his "going home" outfit.  I find it odd that they'd choose these pictures to be the first they share and not ones actually at home, unless Jill is still in the hospital and they wanted pics with her.

2 minutes ago, kachuu said:

The baby looks like he is in good shape!! (minus cords & such)

He looks like a happy little guy, too. :)

Jill concerns me. I know she had a 40hr labour and c-section, but I've been worried for a while. I think being in the US with her family and help has made her happier but SCA makes her miserable, she's had another hard birth and not doubt her inconsiderate husband will be dragging them all back to SCA as soon as he can manage. I think she cannot bear to not be sweet, perfect Jillymuffin on the outside, but inside it is a different story.

Well, we at least know Jill is alive. I agree that she definitely looks weak; that'd be perfectly typical for someone who's come out of a c/s, but I find it troubling that they only showed that one picture of her. No smiling, posey pictures with Samuel like she did with Israel (post-c/s and all).

Sammy seems like such a sweet baby! I wish Jill well in adjusting to two children.

Jill looks about as bad as Bella Swan mid-vampire baby delivery. Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees the similarity O.O

article-2037169-0DE0B55100000578-10_634x286.jpg

23 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Samuel-Gallery-1.png

8 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

He's giving his father a bit of a side-eye here.

Aren't we all...

4 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

He looks like quite a connoisseur in this picture.

Literally cannot tell who he looks like here! clearly he's still a newborn, but Izzy looked so much like the duggars it was undeniable. lol!

The baby looks fine and actually in most of the pics rather happy/personable so that is sincerely a relief, it's good to have some 'confirmation' he's doing well.

Like others I continue to be concerned about Jill but I'm glad she's at least well enough to be dressed and sitting up. It would be useful if we could know when the picture with her was taken... if it was taken today I'm a lot more concerned about her than I would be if it had been taken even a few days ago. I'm worried either way though because honestly, it has been days and evidently this was the absolute best pic it was possible to get with her- one where she looks exhausted, very pale, and is not even smiling. If she at least looked happy I'd feel better about it but she just really doesn't. And this is someone who knows she has to keep sweet at all times. Its very concerning.

3 minutes ago, seashell1025 said:

Literally cannot tell who he looks like here! clearly he's still a newborn, but Izzy looked so much like the duggars it was undeniable. lol!

James/Amy?

He has the Duggar nose! I remember JB and Michelle saying that about one of the lost girls when she was born. Jessa and Jill's boys all seem to have the Duggar nose. 

I think he looks like Izzy. 

Jill has no makeup....and we haven't really seen much of her without makeup. Maybe that is it. 

Samuel looks like Izzy. Jill looks pale. C/sections are major abdominal surgery and take a while to recover from. Hopefully the family will rally round and help without hindering. 

He's a cute little guy!

As for the questions asked here:

- They may have chosen hospital photos due to Jill and or Samuel still being patients there. Or they might all be home and just getting around to adding some photos at this point. With a toddler running around they likely don't have much time to spend picking photos to share. 

- I don't think any conclusions can really be drawn about Jill's condition from these photos. The quality isn't great and neither is the lighting. Those two things can really alter how someone appears in photos. 

- I will say that Derick looks thrilled to have another baby. And I do find that photo of Jill very sweet in a way. She's looking at Samuel with a lot of tenderness on her face. And I think it's good that she seems strong enough to be holding him in those pictures (the pattern on her shirt matches the shirt in a closeup of Samuel.) I'd think if she were seriously weak that she'd either have someone helping her hold him or she wouldn't be allowed to hold him at all.

11 minutes ago, Finduilas said:

My ovaries screamed 'awwwww' again  ...

My ovaries say 'awww'...

My vagina says 'oh HELL no!!'

I think he kind of looks like Israel... something about that upturned nose. It looks like he might have the same eyes as Israel and Derick, too. Samuel has darker hair, though. (Kind of the opposite of Spurgeon and Henry)

HzTH6EM.png

Did we ever learn when Jill's due date were? He looks a lot like my nephew born 13 days overdue. 

He looks like a cute guy though. Jill looks battered, but the fact that they are posting pictures of her at all probably means that she's well enough for us not to be seriously worried about her physically. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived