Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, shiverful said:

Furthermore, the cross-showing of old and new material might be confusing for viewers that follow the show times.

Hahaha. Seeing that they showed Joy's wedding before they showed her courtship and engagement, they're ok with bending the timelines. :P 

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Hahaha. Seeing that they showed Joy's wedding before they showed her courtship and engagement, they're ok with bending the timelines.  

Yes, but I don't think that it would work more than one time per season. I think this is why they chose to this at Joy and Jinger's wedding, but not Jessa's birth.

10 minutes ago, shiverful said:

Yes, but I don't think that it would work more than one time per season. I think this is why they chose to this at Joy and Jinger's wedding, but not Jessa's birth.

I guess it depends ultimately on how much cutting they would have to do. It's easier to slap dash a wedding together like they did with Joy's, but with births; they're trickier. 

11 hours ago, Lurky said:

Do we reckon they'll show Jill's birth in tomorrow's episode?  It would be a tight turnaround, but very much do-able....  Although that would imply their priority was showing us things in a timely fashion, and in real life, by the time they get around to it, Samuel will be walking....

No. They already have a script for tomorrow night. However, the following two weeks are called The After Show, Parts 1 and 2. I bet we'll see the birth during one of these episodes; what else is there that we haven't seen (aside from Joy's proposal and Joe asking Kendra to court, both of which will be covered tomorrow). 

There will be a "meet samuel" clip during a commercial break tonight, I'm sure.  Thats all that we'll see of the Dullards newest addition.

They need time to sanitize whatever story they're going to feed to the public about the birth.

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

There will be a "meet samuel" clip during a commercial break tonight, I'm sure.  Thats all that we'll see of the Dullards newest addition.

They need time to sanitize whatever story they're going to feed to the public about the birth.

Yep and possibly a teaser along the lines of "Tune in in two weeks to hear the dramatic details surrounding the birth!" Poor Jill. To have a disappointing birth and then have it quick made into a show and broadcasted. That's got to be salt on the wound.

12 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Yep and possibly a teaser along the lines of "Tune in in two weeks to hear the dramatic details surrounding the birth!" Poor Jill. To have a disappointing birth and then have it quick made into a show and broadcasted. That's got to be salt on the wound.

More like "Tune in in six months, when we will repeat everything than has happened in the last season, as well as Israel's birth and make you wait endlessly before eventually showing Samuel's birth during the last 10 minutes of the last episode". Honestly, I don't expect the birth to be covered in this season still. 

The wording "After the Show" makes me wonder if this is the last season of Counting On... Was it confirmed yet that there will be additional seasons? 

14 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Not only that, but they will have to spill it out on tv with the talking heads segment in the future. So she can't even keep her feelings to herself. I just hope she doesn't blame her failed birth (which it wasn't but everything shows that she experienced t like that with izzy) on Sammy. I still feel like she had trouble binding with Izzy because of her birth experience. 

Of course there will be more seasons. Can't let the leg humpers down. :Grrrrr:

4 minutes ago, DillyDally said:

The wording "After the Show" makes me wonder if this is the last season of Counting On... Was it confirmed yet that there will be additional seasons? 

That's a good point! Maybe a grand finale a-la TeenmomOG with couch sitting and reflecting, with a grand farewell clip at the end. 

1 hour ago, Chewing Gum said:

That's a good point! Maybe a grand finale a-la TeenmomOG with couch sitting and reflecting, with a grand farewell clip at the end. 

Praise Rufus let that be the case!

This description of tonight's episode on Lily and Ellie's blog made me chuckle. "Joseph Duggar seeks the blessing of his future father-in-law before asking Kendra Caldwell to spice up her love life by beginning an official courtship."

English is not my native language, but I have a completely different idea what "spicing up your love life" entails. :pb_lol: ("May I blindfold you?", for example, lol)

At least they didn't use "new season of life".

Please tell me we're hate watching tonight with @Buzzard's stellar recaps. Oh please oh please!!

It's lonely here in the asylum, and I don't have nearly enough pain and nausea meds on board to handle it solo.

1 minute ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Please tell me we're hate watching tonight with @Buzzard's stellar recaps. Oh please oh please!!

It's lonely here in the asylum, and I don't have nearly enough pain and nausea meds on board to handle it solo.

I'm here this week!

Drink something alcoholic and eat popcorn for me. Second day of NPO (so very thirsty and hungry).

And tonight on unusually large boring family.... oh no. danger, they're going back, and someone is getting engaged, I have an ear infection so this is more irritating than usual.

Again with the disposable plates and cups for 6 people???? They have a dishwasher and are still the laziest.

She is worried about her finger getting cut off and having access to quality health care in CA but hey! Let's just go anyway!

The nickname sounds like "Chuchi." I wasn't a fan of "Choo-Choo," which didn't sound like "Chuchu," to me, as obvious as that sounds to me now. I like "Chuchi." I have a cousin Chucho and another one, Chuy, (pronounced Chewy), and although I thought she was trying to say Chuy, I somehow never heard the more obvious, Chuchu. Add a little Arkansas twang to the name and I couldn't hear it. 

Just now, Million Children For Jesus said:

The nickname sounds like "Chuchi." I wasn't a fan of "Choo-Choo," which didn't sound like "Chuchu," to me, as obvious as that sounds to me now. I like "Chuchi." I have a cousin Chucho and another one, Chuy, (pronounced Chewy), and although I thought she was trying to say Chuy, I somehow never heard the more obvious, Chuchu. Add a little Arkansas twang to the name and I couldn't hear it. 

Reminds me too much of Chachi. 

Also, can I just state, as a girl who has kids and shows horses, that Jinger shouldn't be able to afford 20 pairs of those boots. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived