Coconut Flan

Just now, SadieJane said:

Sometimes when I am on my way to the hospital, i notice snot trails on the legs of my scrubs. I feel like when you become a mom, there is no grossness threshhold anymore

I remember when DS was a baby and I was at work I had something on my shoulder that I hadn't noticed but my boss did, she was this uptight prissy thing, and she pointed out "oh you have something on your shirt" I looked at said "eh just some spit up" the lady sitting next to me her cube had 4 kids and laughed while reaching into her purse for baby wipe to hand me an and my boss was FREAKED "OMG do you need to go home and change," I take the baby wipe & wipe off as much as I can, shake my head like nah happens all the time. You really just stop caring at some point, because it is as useful as nailing jello to the wall at that point. 

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Austin's dad is likable on this show. I think a lot of what was shown on America's Strictest Parents was exaggerated and scripted for the show. 

1 minute ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

I 100% despise Kate Gosselin and her nasty, hateful brood.

I'd rather watch the duggars.

I so agree with you. So So much.

I kind of super like Austins dad. Sure, he's fundy and super strict, but he has genuine love for his family, and that is something I can get behind.  I feel like he also really installed a decent work ethic into that kid of his as well, with the house flipping.

13 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

So the unmarried girls just do everything for the married ones. Packing for Jill, cleaning Jessa's house, etc

I'm giving Jessa a pass, 2 kids under 2 you're flipping tired, you take all the help you can get.  Plus she was helping Austin out and distracting Joy. 

Such a romantic horseback ride with her boyfriend... and her 9 and 11 year old sisters. 

Really though, the rest of the proposal was pretty cute. She asked if her hair was messed up before she even noticed he was on his knees with the ring. Lol

Just now, SadieJane said:

Oh her engagement so much better than Jingers. 

anyone's engagement was better than Jinger's 

i didn't see it any marks on the ground

These two were totes kissing prior to the wedding. and I LOVE that the diamond is a family heirloom.  That is very sweet, and this is a very real relationship, Austin's dad is sweet. And they left Joy & Austin alone for that dinner. 

1 minute ago, KelseyAnn said:

I wonder if Jenni and Hannie were in on it? 

I don't think so. Only because they might say something. 

1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

And they left Joy & Austin alone for that dinner. 

I think that Aaron stayed up to chaperone. 

7 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Austin's dad is likable on this show. I think a lot of what was shown on America's Strictest Parents was exaggerated and scripted for the show. 

I agree.  He honestly loves  Austin and Joy.  I'll bet he's going to be the type of grandfather a  baby granddaughter can wrap around her little finger.

15 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Joy - being around henry and spuge makes me look foward to being a mother. Austin and I agree we want as many as god wants.

I gagged so hard I think I lost my uvula. UGH.

Dragging this shit out - Part 4

At the top of the mountain, Aaron stokes the grill. Jason is there to help the girls get back down the mountain.  He's the chaperone, I guess?

Austin explains that Joy is bringing jennifer and johana out to go horseback riding.  He was nervous waiting for joy.  The car arrives.  She's still driving the mercedes.  Austin comments on the car and that she's the only one who drives "that kind of a car" in the woods.

They hook up the horses.

Austin TH - I am complete around joy, its like being with your best friend.  She calms me down.

They ride off. Austin has them stop and "throw her off the track" by stopping at some spots, like an abandoned camp.  He points out trees.  They get off the horses for no reason.  He send the two littles away so he and joy can "talk."  He asks if he can blindfold her "do you trust me?"  He leads her up the trail (how is this allowed? where is the chaperone?)  The littles arrive at the top and tell terry that she's blindfolded.  Austin keeps asking her if she can see.

They get to the top and he takes the ring from terry.  He gets on one knee and tells her to take the blindfold off.  She says "is my hair messed up?"  He asks her to marry him and she nods, says "yes."  He puts the ring on her finger and she front hugs him.

Joy TH - I cannot believe this was going on. I kept saying "this isnt happening."

He asks her again if she trust him and "thank you for saying yes."

Terry cries.

The ring is a 5 generation ring.  The diamond came from her mom's side of the family andhopefully she can pass it off to her grandkids.

Aaron has dinner ready for them.  Jason smirks.  Terry hugs them and comments on the "season of life." Joy says it was epic.

Terry and the girls head down the mountain and Aaron is left to chaperone.

The family is asked how long the engagement will be in TH - most say 3 months.

They eat dinner as the sun sets.

Back at the "auto repair shop" Pastor caldwell is elbow deep in a car (isnt he always?)

He explains that he wasnt looking for a relationship but the lord had something else in mind.  He says he jas something to talk about "your daughter kendra."  Its differnt being a guy and I'm nervous asking him.

"we've been talking for a while now and we've come to a place were thinking maybe courtship and I'd like your permission before asking her."

Pastor asks if hes ready.

Joe - we've connected well and thats the next step.

Pastor - I'm not going to stop what they lord's doing in your life so you have my permission.

TH - we've talked over 60 hours and we need to make sure this is a collective effore. Hes hard working.

Joe - I was going to go to the auction and maybe if I went to springdale and showed her where I grew up.  She hasnt really caught on.

Josiah - Its good to have a boy picking up the slack, man up. He's doing the right thing

Jessa - kendra is a sweet girl and I was thinking she'd be related somehow and I found out joe was inerested.

Joe - I am usually quieter and she brings out outgoing with me. I'm more talkative around her. I'm confident she'll say yes.

Next time -

Sitting down to relive favorite memories and get all the details.  YAY - clipshow!

Who is this random interviewer?

I'm kind of glad I wont be around next week to watch that BS!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived