IGNORED

Jana's Future 5 - The More Things Seem to Change...

choralcrusader8613

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Laura and JD started courting. That's probably who Jana wants her brother to marry since she hoped she would be best friends with his wife. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/6/2017 at 9:06 PM, freshlemonade said:

Are Jana and JD even that close?  Do they ever do anything together?  Are they ever photographed together?  Are they ever even in talking heads together or seen hanging together at weddings?  Not trying to dispute any previous posts, just trying to remember.  I wonder if Jana ever resents JD?  Being a man, he seems to have had so much more freedom and so much less responsibility.  Although we really don't know what JD is expected to do for the family.  Maybe he puts in as many hours outside of the house as Jana does in it......but I doubt it.  

I don't think Jana resents, but I mostly agree with your message. They have never ever shown a closed relationship. In fact JD seems to be a lonely, independent person, not involved with siblings except Joseph.  I find hard to believe  he's still sleeping in a bunk bed in a noisy dorm. He appears to work for himself, not under Jim Bob's boot.  JD doesn't seem too bright but he's way more free than Josh.

If Counting On ratings are dipping and interest is waning, I still think that Jana/JD entering into courtships will be the big gun that the Boob uses to try to lure viewers back in.  

The show is completely boring and the "plots" are just not at all interesting.  It's getting to the point where the formula of "Is she/he courting/getting engaged, watch this wedding, is she pregnant/_____gives birth/watch ________ as she now tries to figure out how to manage _____kids, let's talk about how we do our hair, watch us at the grocery store/thrift store" is completely predictable and nothing new.  They're going to have to change it up sooner rather than later, IMO if they want to keep this stupid show going.  

And now that the Bates' show is available on platforms other than UP, and the longer they go without dealing with the Josh abuse scandal on the show, the more they risk losing viewers.  I recently caught an episode of the Bates show for the first time, and the difference between these families (on the surface, only) is night and day.  The Bates family appear modern, the parents appear a bit more normal than the Duggars, the kids are better looking, etc, etc.  Again, on the surface only-the more you learn about the Bates, the more you see that they're basically the same and just as awful; however, in terms of show quality and potential for future episodes, the Bates are the winners.  TLC was stupid to let them go.  

In the meantime, they're going to have to address the fact that the older kids aren't courting-especially since we're now in the creepy hell of teen weddings.  I strongly think that when TLC needs to step it up, we'll see JD and Jana in courtships.  The Boob is not above putting his children into whatever relationship comes along at the right time for the sake of the cameras.  The only thing that could change this up and draw in/get viewers to come back is honest discussion about the Josh situation and the older kids courting.  Otherwise, the formula has gotten stale and each season even more boring than the last season. 

How do the kardashians keep,their show interesting? They are certainly all over social media and the press but yet the show (at least when I watched a few years ago) felt interesting

3 hours ago, flycat said:

How do the kardashians keep,their show interesting? They are certainly all over social media and the press but yet the show (at least when I watched a few years ago) felt interesting

Because their family fights with each other and shows literally everything, whereas the Duggars are so fake and pretend everyone loves everyone else all the time. 

Kim took us through all her troubles while trying to get pregnant and during her pregnancy. Scott's alcoholism was front page for everyone to see, along with how it affected Kourtney. We've seen Kendall and Kylie grow up with sibling jealousy at times. The Duggars wouldn't dare show this stuff. 

Eh, the Kardashians are just as fake. While they do show some real stuff (which the Duggars do too, it's just boring) almost everything is scripted. The only difference is that the Kardashians are willing to show their t*ts and a**es and come across as trash on their show. They also don't claim to be humble and modest and just shill some new crap all the time. Also, a lot of people are into their make up and fashion stuff.

42 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Because their family fights with each other and shows literally everything, whereas the Duggars are so fake and pretend everyone loves everyone else all the time. 

Kim took us through all her troubles while trying to get pregnant and during her pregnancy. Scott's alcoholism was front page for everyone to see, along with how it affected Kourtney. We've seen Kendall and Kylie grow up with sibling jealousy at times. The Duggars wouldn't dare show this stuff. 

I can't believe this even has to be said, but holy crap, the Kardashians are at least as fake as the Duggars. The Kardashians are professional celebrities and their brand is trashiness. They're going to play that up to cash in on it. More drama doesn't = more reality. The Duggars' brand is wholesomeness (as ridiculous as that sounds after the Josh scandals), and they play that up to cash in on it, thus less drama. 

8 hours ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

And now that the Bates' show is available on platforms other than UP, and the longer they go without dealing with the Josh abuse scandal on the show, the more they risk losing viewers.  I recently caught an episode of the Bates show for the first time, and the difference between these families (on the surface, only) is night and day.  The Bates family appear modern, the parents appear a bit more normal than the Duggars, the kids are better looking, etc, etc.  Again, on the surface only-the more you learn about the Bates, the more you see that they're basically the same and just as awful; however, in terms of show quality and potential for future episodes, the Bates are the winners.  TLC was stupid to let them go.  

While many FJers seem to have a soft spot for the Bateses, they are not nearly as famous as the Duggars by any measure. Their daughters may be strikingly beautiful, but none has landed the cover of People - not even the one who married a politician's son. Most people I know who are clued into pop culture have heard of the Duggars, but you basically have to be fundie or a fundie-snarker to know the Bates family.

In a sense, the Duggars have a first-mover advantage. They were the first reality show featuring a big cultish Christian family with offspring in the double digits, with the women sporting frumpers and outdated perms. And the Joshley scandals only elevated their notoriety, which means big ratings. Yeah, some people probably got disgusted and tuned out after the scandals broke, but others are probably more likely to click on Duggar-related articles precisely because of morbid curiosity following the scandals.

People love a freak show. Why do you think people love Honey Boo Boo? And Kim Kardashian only got famous after leaking a sex tape, not because she was a great closet organizer with a nice, functional family.

7 hours ago, faraway said:

Eh, the Kardashians are just as fake. While they do show some real stuff (which the Duggars do too, it's just boring) almost everything is scripted. The only difference is that the Kardashians are willing to show their t*ts and a**es and come across as trash on their show. They also don't claim to be humble and modest and just shill some new crap all the time. Also, a lot of people are into their make up and fashion stuff.

I'm so glad you said this! Honestly I'm not sure what this says about me but I'd rather watch the duggars then the Kardashians. If I'm going to watch people being fake I'd rather them be fake happy lol.

1 hour ago, Daisy0322 said:

I'm so glad you said this! Honestly I'm not sure what this says about me but I'd rather watch the duggars then the Kardashians. If I'm going to watch people being fake I'd rather them be fake happy lol.

Haha, I get what you're saying. Weird, obviously fake drama is the most annoying type of reality tv to me. The duggars show is SO boring, but I think that's because they are so boring. They pushed the Josh drama under a rug for years, so I truly believe that they don't have outward fights and arguments or dramatic occurrences, I think that many of them are deeply unhappy over some of the stuff their parents have put them through, but they don't share that. To be godly is to be subservient and polite - therefore, a very routine and stifled existence. 

If it's a Kardashian vs Duggar showdown, I gotta say Michelle's creepy baby voice and the Kardashian's vocal fry are equally as painful to listen to. Good god. 

Duggars and Kardashians, I can't even imagine comparing the two, but I will say this. I hate them for completely different reasons.

I once had a terrifying (but kind of entertaining) dream where Michelle and Kris Jenner did a wife swap, it was a complete disaster! Think Kim and her sisters in a frumpers and Michelle trying to get them to court and the Dugger girls dressed in miniskirts, see through tops, knee high heeled boots and many other defrauding things... oh and don't forget Jim bob standing in the corner trying to control the situation, Kris just yelled at him while on the phone trying to get the girls a photo shoot with some magazine.

When I woke up I couldn't tell if I was relieved it was over or if I wanted to see more...

The Kartrashians and the Duggars are the same. One group is full of whores while the other save themselves for marriage but still equally fake.

Woah, please can we stop with the slut-shaming re the Kardashians?  I totally get why people don't like them, but there's a hell of a lot of misogyny going on in how they're being described.

They've taken a weird route for it, but they're making a ton of money and doing super-well in their businesses.  For sure their show is fake, but they're the most successful at playing the Reality game.

(And seriously, "whores"?)

8 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Woah, please can we stop with the slut-shaming re the Kardashians?  I totally get why people don't like them, but there's a hell of a lot of misogyny going on in how they're being described.

They've taken a weird route for it, but they're making a ton of money and doing super-well in their businesses.  For sure their show is fake, but they're the most successful at playing the Reality game.

(And seriously, "whores"?)

I know about as little about them as you can and still be alive in this country, but if by whore it is meant, "engaging in sexual activity in exchange for payment," well, I'd say being joyfully available in exchange for food and shelter fits the bill slightly better. But I do not say it of the Duggars any more than I would of anyone else. These terms are so misogynistic, and they are best left in the dark ages of the previous millennium. Surely we all know better.

The Kardashians are so scripted they might as well stop calling it a reality show. The Duggars are also very scripted and can barely be called a reality show. They are both doing it for money. The Duggars have a show because they have 19 kids and it has translated into Counting On. The Kardashians have a show because Kim had a sex tape? I guess, I don't really know why otherwise. 

Neither are good role models. :P 

To be honest, I think I'd rather watch the Kardashians because ironically, they seem more genuine to me.  Don't get me wrong-I'm certainly not a fan.  

I will say this, though.  If Rob had molested his sisters, I fully believe that Kris would have dealt with it in a far better and more ethical manner than the way in which Boob and his delusional wife dealt with Josh.  

I once had a terrifying (but kind of entertaining) dream where Michelle and Kris Jenner did a wife swap, it was a complete disaster! Think Kim and her sisters in a frumpers and Michelle trying to get them to court and the Dugger girls dressed in miniskirts, see through tops, knee high heeled boots and many other defrauding things... oh and don't forget Jim bob standing in the corner trying to control the situation, Kris just yelled at him while on the phone trying to get the girls a photo shoot with some magazine.
When I woke up I couldn't tell if I was relieved it was over or if I wanted to see more...

I would pay good money to see that! [emoji23]

5 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

Sun worked on "19Kids and Counting". I know there were lots of rumors and speculation about Frank and Jana.

I've been wondering if the crew has/had any sort of relationship with any of the family members (not just romantic).  I would imagine that over time, they've gotten to know each other well and it's not strange to imagine that perhaps even just friendships have developed.  

The Kardashians are annoying - and their seeming popularity is a mystery to me, but the Duggars put a "normal" face on a dangerous religious cult.  I think they are far more dangerous than the vapidity of the Karkashians (Fruudian slip) - the Kardashians.

6 minutes ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

I've been wondering if the crew has/had any sort of relationship with any of the family members (not just romantic).  I would imagine that over time, they've gotten to know each other well and it's not strange to imagine that perhaps even just friendships have developed.  

I remember that there was a cameraman who seemed close to the Duggars. He bought his daughters to the TTH to play with the Duggar kids.

Fun speculation: Jana did like Frank, her parents didn't approve, but because she hasn't found someone else, Jim Bob and Michelle have finally given their approval:my_biggrin:

I remember that there was a cameraman who seemed close to the Duggars. He bought his daughters to the TTH to play with the Duggar kids.

Fun speculation: Jana did like Frank, her parents didn't approve, but because she hasn't found someone else, Jim Bob and Michelle have finally given their approval:my_biggrin:

I want that speculation to be it so badly, and I don't think it's likely.

9 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

I'll take that one step further.  Jim Bob gave his approval because he was desperate for a rating increase for Counting On.  The "fundy daughter" stolen away by an evil secular camera guy will make for brilliant ratings and interview opportunities. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived