IGNORED

Jana's Future 5 - The More Things Seem to Change...

choralcrusader8613

10 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Whoops!!!! I really didn't know what the expression was. Thanks for the heads up though. :tw_flushed:

About a year ago, I found out that's it's "playing by ear," not "playing by year." I'm tone deaf, so I've never played anything by ear, but on the other hand, I tend to procrastinate, so "playing by year" sounded right.

Also, for at least ten years I thought, "chasing the dragon" meant having an alcoholic beverage two days in a row. I thought if I had drinks on Saturday night and then a mimosa at Sunday brunch, I was "chasing the dragon." Nope. "Chasing the dragon" means using heroin. "Hair of the dog" is what I was trying to say, which means having alcohol to lessen the effects of a hangover. Nobody ever corrected me. I can't even fathom the number of people who might have thought I was on drugs. I am sooooo not on drugs. Good thing I don't drink two days in a row very often. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, karen77 said:

Somewhat, but Jana really looks liek natalee holloway, hands down

Absolutely!

IMG_0826.JPG

IMG_0827.JPG

On 11/07/2017 at 0:59 AM, Million Children For Jesus said:

She hasn't pursued a career or any other interests, and she doesn't seem to have any deep or meaningful adult relationships

I totally know where you're coming from on the fact that Michelle has made pregnancy her source of self-esteem. She could pursue interests or causes, especially with the platform that the show gives her. We never see her discussing anything other than propagating their fertility cult lifestyle. But in her defence, she can't pursue a career without complete alienation from her family and community. That's the kind of patriarchy they live in and I think she is completely invested in it. It would be incredibly difficult to leave at her stage and position in their fundie world.

11 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

I totally know where you're coming from on the fact that Michelle has made pregnancy her source of self-esteem. She could pursue interests or causes, especially with the platform that the show gives her. We never see her discussing anything other than propagating their fertility cult lifestyle.

Hey Michelle does have another cause: homophobic hate speech!

On 7/12/2017 at 10:29 AM, karen77 said:

Somewhat, but Jana really looks liek natalee holloway, hands down

What does the stat comparison between Natalie and Jana look like?  That would make for some good Duggar Fiction....  (Natalie alive and well but brainwashed as a Duggar all these years)

27 minutes ago, freshlemonade said:

What does the stat comparison between Natalie and Jana look like?  That would make for some good Duggar Fiction....  (Natalie alive and well but brainwashed as a Duggar all these years)

:popcorn: *waiting patiently for tabloids to pick THAT one up*

I just had a thought - what will happen to the property that Jana owns if/when she gets married? 

I assume that she will add her husband's name to the deed and they will share it? Jana could be a real catch for fundie fellow, experienced at running a home and comes with assets! More than can be said for the younger brides. 

11 hours ago, FeministFunPolice said:

I just had a thought - what will happen to the property that Jana owns if/when she gets married? 

I assume that she will add her husband's name to the deed and they will share it? Jana could be a real catch for fundie fellow, experienced at running a home and comes with assets! More than can be said for the younger brides. 

BUT THINK OF HER UTERUS. IT WON'T POP OUT AS MANY QUIVERS.

:kitty-cussing:

@kachuu And I bet that a lot of men will those years of missed childbearing and secretly be glad.

Joy has got married (at least) 10 years younger than Jana.  At a baby every 2 years, that's 5 extra children Joy can have.  At a baby every 18 months that's an extra 6/7 children.

There will be men doing that calculation and in terms of extra mouths to feed.

10 minutes ago, imokit said:

@kachuu And I bet that a lot of men will those years of missed childbearing and secretly be glad.

Joy has got married (at least) 10 years younger than Jana.  At a baby every 2 years, that's 5 extra children Joy can have.  At a baby every 18 months that's an extra 6/7 children.

There will be men doing that calculation and in terms of extra mouths to feed.

Its horrible they think like that. If kids are blessings, they shouldn't be counted so boastfully.

6 hours ago, kachuu said:

BUT THINK OF HER UTERUS. IT WON'T POP OUT AS MANY QUIVERS.

:kitty-cussing:

I think you mean she won't pop out as many arrows? A quiver is the container that holds the arrows.

So jana's friend Laura is *still* at the tth, since at least the start of may. She's now appearing in nearly every adventure Jana takes the littles on. I wonder what's up? Did the duggars officially hire her to be janas Companion/Assistant Parent?? I'm happy that Jana has a gal pal around older than 11 to talk to but I'm so curious as to why Laura seems to have suddenly moved in! (And it doesn't seem like she's courting jd, she's never in pix it's him or anything). 

7 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

So jana's friend Laura is *still* at the tth, since at least the start of may. She's now appearing in nearly every adventure Jana takes the littles on. I wonder what's up? Did the duggars officially hire her to be janas Companion/Assistant Parent?? I'm happy that Jana has a gal pal around older than 11 to talk to but I'm so curious as to why Laura seems to have suddenly moved in! (And it doesn't seem like she's courting jd, she's never in pix it's him or anything). 

It's not too surprising really. How long was Tabitha Paine with the Duggars with them before she got married last April? 

On 7/12/2017 at 9:04 PM, ChunkyBarbie said:

Absolutely!

I don't see that at all.  The nose is completely different as are the eyes.  Lips are different too.  Can someone post a picture of candace cameron?  I am not sure how to do that.  If you do a side by side of them,  it is a very close resemblance.  Candace holds her eyes wide open more than jana, but they have the same soft features, where as natalie holloways features are stronger

http://www.tvguide.com/news/full-housecandace-cameron-bure-parenting-danny-tanner/

This really looks like jana to me.  Candace has brighter make up, and fuller cheeks, and is older of course, but otherwise, I think they are very similar.  I don't know much about Candace.  Is she as bad as her brother?  She seems to live a more mainstream life

I've always thought Candace Cameron looked like Jana...just older obviously. Last season of Full House and Jana looked like they can be related. I think Jana and Natalee's eye liner is similar (just basing off the picture @ChunkyBarbie ). Other than that, I don't see similarities, especially on their lower halves of their faces'. To be honest, I've seen a lot of women who look really similar to Jessa and Jana, at least compared to the other older daughters. 

Candace is a lot more mainstream than her kooky ass brother. She dresses in shorts and works out in legitimate gym clothes. She worked with LGBT co-workers, like Raven Symone, even if they obviously didn't agree with each other's "views". To me she doesn't seem too bad and balances worldliness and religion better than others. I will say, she gives me "show mom" vibes by nudging her oldest daughter to pursue the limelight rather than college or any other type of work field but *shrugs*.

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

My guess is that the family has hired her to be a helper, Just like Tabitha was. I mean it's only Jana and Johanna running things for the girls. 

5 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

My guess is that the family has hired her to be a helper, Just like Tabitha was. I mean it's only Jana and Johanna running things for the girls. 

Tabitha was also the tutor once Jessa left (and maybe for some time before). I imagine that's Laura's prime role. Jenni Hartono and the little Duggar girls threw Laura a little birthday party a couple of months ago, reminding her that she's now 31. Gee thanks, kids. That's the last thing an aging Gothard spinster needs to be reminded of. 

7 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

This is a great point and again the world asks what the hell Michelle does all day. 

14 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

This is a great point and again the world asks what the hell Michelle does all day. 

Giving The Boob sweet fellowship and cashing their TLC checks

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Tabitha was also the tutor once Jessa left (and maybe for some time before). I imagine that's Laura's prime role. Jenni Hartono and the little Duggar girls threw Laura a little birthday party a couple of months ago, reminding her that she's now 31. Gee thanks, kids. That's the last thing an aging Gothard spinster needs to be reminded of. 

Laura turned 32! And I also can't believe that Jana and JD are going to be 28!

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

She used to work at gothard hq. I wonder if her job was a casualty of the move. 

Wasn't tabitha also 31 at the duggars? Geez, I hope they're not running some sort of awful matchmaking service for maidens over 30 out of the compound. I hope Laura's journey to the heart of the tth ends more happily than tabithas...

Yeah, Tabby was 31 when she was sold into indentured servitude to a rapist by her father. I'd rather be a spinster tutor hanging out with my BFF. 

3 hours ago, calimojo said:

I don't see that at all.  The nose is completely different as are the eyes.  Lips are different too.  Can someone post a picture of candace cameron?  I am not sure how to do that.  If you do a side by side of them,  it is a very close resemblance.  Candace holds her eyes wide open more than jana, but they have the same soft features, where as natalie holloways features are stronger

http://www.tvguide.com/news/full-housecandace-cameron-bure-parenting-danny-tanner/

This really looks like jana to me.  Candace has brighter make up, and fuller cheeks, and is older of course, but otherwise, I think they are very similar.  I don't know much about Candace.  Is she as bad as her brother?  She seems to live a more mainstream life

I agree, Candace really resembles Jana in this pic. I found a better pic of Natalee, but it was blurry.  The pic I posted wasn't the best choice, but they do resemble each other. ETA In my opinion. :-)

31 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

And I also can't believe that Jana and JD are going to be 28!

Plenty of peeps this age are single.  I am sure they have their own personal reasons.

10 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

I agree; I don't think they are courting. I think that if she and JD were going to court, it would have happened by now. I could be wrong, but given their ages and how long they have known each other, it seems unlikely. 

Didn't Laura work at IBLP HQ for a while? Maybe she got downsized because of the lawsuit/move to Texas and that's why she's with the Duggars?

Either way, I guess it's good for Jana to have some companionship now that the other adult girls are moved out. Though I hope she doesn't get married off to a rapist like Tabitha Paine did. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived