IGNORED

Jana's Future 5 - The More Things Seem to Change...

choralcrusader8613

9 hours ago, viii said:

That was back before Michelle lost her core group of moms, though. With Jill, Jessa, Jinger, and Joy all being gone, if Jana was to leave then the next girl in charge would be Johannah, who is what.. 12? I feel like Michelle would be a lot harder pressed to let go of Jana now than she was then. 

Agreed. For that reason I was pretty surprised that Joy ended up getting married so young. If she had waited til 21-23, she could have been a buffer to allow Jana to fly the coop while Johannah grew up a bit.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Michelle's every bit as narcissist as Jim Bob. She loves attention and can't handle anyone else having it. She was shooting daggers at Anna during her pregnancies. She loves to talk about how she was so hot mowing the lawn in bikini that she broke up a marriage (sure Michelle you keep telling yourself that). She had zero problems handing over her babies to her daughters to raise and make her daughters do everything else. She had zero problems leaving Miracle Josie in the care of Jana as a baby to fly off to DA. What does she do all day? Michelle loved the attention she got from being on the show, the interviews and the money.

The Arndts are Catholic, which more than likely rules them out of any courtship with a duggar. 

If Jana is courting, I hope she does it on her own terms and away from the show.  I know she is a fan favorite, but she has never enjoyed the show or being the focus on an episode. 

I would prefer to just see a small press release that she has gotten married and leave it at that.  Same with JD.  Just let them manage a courtship and engagement the way they want. They have both given enough to the Duggar family business.  

1 minute ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Aaron who? Last name please

Patton, according to the CO thread.

53 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I think Michelle's every bit as narcissist as Jim Bob. She loves attention and can't handle anyone else having it. She was shooting daggers at Anna during her pregnancies. She loves to talk about how she was so hot mowing the lawn in bikini that she broke up a marriage (sure Michelle you keep telling yourself that). She had zero problems handing over her babies to her daughters to raise and make her daughters do everything else. She had zero problems leaving Miracle Josie in the care of Jana as a baby to fly off to DA. What does she do all day? Michelle loved the attention she got from being on the show, the interviews and the money.

True. I think she is addicted to being pregnant. That's her source of attention. She hasn't pursued a career or any other interests, and she doesn't seem to have any deep or meaningful adult relationships. 

1 minute ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Aaron Patton turned 18 years old this year people. COME YOUR TITS! lol

Excellent sleuthing! That was fast! 

It is odd that two narcissists would get along. I would love for a panel of psychiatrists to do a study on Boob and Mechelle.  The results would be very interesting, I bet. 

I wonder to myself all the time what Michelle actually does for her family. Every aspect of parenting was farmed out to older kids, family friends, and in-laws long ago. Michelle doesn't even do shopping, cooking, packing or homeschooling for the family yet is a "stay-at-home-mom." It's baffling. Have her older kids ever realized this?

I guess if you've grown up with kids doing the work while mom and dad enjoy sweet fellowship, it's normal.

Blair Brown married Taylor Tsantles when she was 27 and he was 17(Do I have the ages right) If Jana marries an 18 year old...... :sad::confused:

I don't think it's happening, but it is interesting the Aaron was featured on the show

17 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

Blair Brown married Taylor Tsantles when she was 27 and he was 17(Do I have the ages right) If Jana marries an 18 year old...... :sad::confused:

I don't think it's happening, but it is interesting the Aaron was featured on the show

It would be interesting to say the least. People thought Jessa being older than Ben was strange, but Aaron is actually closer to Johannah's age (6.5 years)than Jana's (9 years)...

39 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

I know he was 17, but I thought she was younger, like 23 or 24?

I just can't imagine Jana with an 18-year-old. 36-year-old, sure. But I think 18 and 27 is really pushing it, even in fundie world.

Ok, so for some reason Candace Cameron Bure was on my facebook feed and I honestly thought it was Jana at first.  I never realized how much Jana looks like Candace Cameron.  Has anyone else noticed the resemblance?    

@JoyJoy @singsingsing

Blair was actually 22 when she got married (12 days before her 23rd birthday). She is 5 years 3 months older than Taylor.

On 7/10/2017 at 9:24 PM, lomo6 said:

Agreed. For that reason I was pretty surprised that Joy ended up getting married so young. If she had waited til 21-23,

If she and Austin were already kissing as people have speculated, then Boob would have wanted her married off as quickly as possible. In their minds, it's better for Jana/Laura/whoever they have to pay to raise their kids to do it, then for Joy to have a scandal. 

I have no idea why people are speculating that Joy and Austin were already kissing. They seem like the absolute least likely of the bunch yet to have broken their strict courtship rules. Of all the Duggar kids who have gotten married so far, Joy and Austin seem the most steeped in kool-aid and the most dedicated to fundamentalism.

16 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Of all the Duggar kids who have gotten married so far, Joy and Austin seem the most steeped in kool-aid and the most dedicated to fundamentalism.

Your quote really made me wonder where all of the Duggar kids will be 10 or 15 years from now. Will they still be towing the party line? Will some of them have become atheists? Agnostics? Still christian but told their parents to shove it? Will some realize how fucked up the Josh situation is? It's fascinating. 

I hope it won't be taken in offense; I keep seeing "towing the line" here, but the expression is "toe the line." It has to do with putting your foot up to the mark and not past it; in a race that would be a false start. I think it started as "toeing the mark."

9 hours ago, calimojo said:

Ok, so for some reason Candace Cameron Bure was on my facebook feed and I honestly thought it was Jana at first.  I never realized how much Jana looks like Candace Cameron.  Has anyone else noticed the resemblance?    

They do. Candace doesn't get old and her kids look like they could be her little brothers and sister.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I have no idea why people are speculating that Joy and Austin were already kissing. They seem like the absolute least likely of the bunch yet to have broken their strict courtship rules. Of all the Duggar kids who have gotten married so far, Joy and Austin seem the most steeped in kool-aid and the most dedicated to fundamentalism.

Their courtship almost seemed like an arranged marriage between two ruling families. The fact that Joy so eagerly jumped into it at such a young age makes me agree with you that she is perhaps the most "steeped in kool-aid." She's a beautiful young woman with a good personality, and her sisters all married older so there was no reason for her to feel pressured (like Jana might be feeling right now). 

I imagine that most if not all of the Duggar men will end up marrying women from other Quiverfull/ATI/super-fundie families, but the girls seem to have more options. They all range from above-average attractive to strikingly beautiful, and there are a lot more more mainstream Christian guys who might not be opposed to the idea of marrying an attractive woman whose first instinct is to be subservient to them, including being "joyfully available." Some of them are so impressionable and eager-to-please that they can likely be molded into whatever the husband wants (I'm thinking of Jinger here).  

But why would even the most conservative Christian family want to relinquish their daughter to a cult that will have her in perpetual servitude as a broodmare? The most conservative Christian families I've known typically have 3-6 kids, not double-digits (I can think of one that made it to 10). 

10 hours ago, calimojo said:

Somewhat, but Jana really looks liek natalee holloway, hands down

1 hour ago, backyard sylph said:

I hope it won't be taken in offense; I keep seeing "towing the line" here, but the expression is "toe the line."

Whoops!!!! I really didn't know what the expression was. Thanks for the heads up though. :tw_flushed:

Just now, Eternalbluepearl said:

Whoops!!!! I really didn't know what the expression was. Thanks for the heads up though. :tw_flushed:

We all learn from each other. :-)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived