Coconut Flan

I haven't watched last nights show, but in reading the recapping (thanks Buzzard)  Jill said she was pregnant.   Was this how Jill announced she was pregnant, just by mentioning it before her and the other married ladies (and all their kids) went to the big sale?  No big reveal in front of the family or anything?  

Did Anna mention being pregnant at all?  

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Jinger is using birth control, she might have an IUD or the implant (is it called Norplant?). No need to go to a store to buy a monthly supply...

6 minutes ago, doubleT said:

I haven't watched last nights show, but in reading the recapping (thanks Buzzard)  Jill said she was pregnant.   Was this how Jill announced she was pregnant, just by mentioning it before her and the other married ladies (and all their kids) went to the big sale?  No big reveal in front of the family or anything?   

In the Triple Date episode (first aired right after Joy's wedding), Izzy wears a "Big Brother" t-shirt under his sweater to Thanksgiving dinner. Then, when they go around saying what they're thankful for, Jill and Derrick take off Izzy's sweater and stand him up on the table, all but shouting at everyone to read his shirt. A few awkward moments go by, then Michelle runs over squealing. 

4 hours ago, cascarones said:

I rewatched the wedding special of Jill and Jessa's and it really reinforced how different Jill is. Married life and motherhood seem to agree with Jessa, she's softened while Jill seems flattened.

I think a lot has to do with having help.

Jessa's husband seems to be very involved in the childcare (according to her father's day message). She can also go over to her parents' house and have someine look after the children frequently. That, together with being in a stable situation (living where you grew up, close ro family and friends with no gang violence and little crime) helps you to be more relaxed and to enjoy your family more. Jill does not have any of these advantages.

I realized just how much help Jessa seems to have from her Father's Day messages. Special Minifriend is almost six weeks old and there is no way I would have time to write 101 things about anybody. It us always a major victory when the household stuff gets halfway done. :happy:

I do realize that Spurge was older when she wrote it, but he was under one year old, correct? So she has a lot if help if she has that much time left over.

My husband watched the show for the first time last night. He summarized all of our general conclusions within the first few minutes...his comments were hilarious because they echoed everything we say on here.  He couldn't tolerate much more after 20 minutes and got up to play his game. 

3 minutes ago, Special friend said:

I realized just how much help Jessa seems to have from her Father's Day messages. Special Minifriend is almost six weeks old and there is no way I would have time to write 101 things about anybody. It us always a major victory when the household stuff gets halfway done. 

I do realize that Spurge was older when she wrote it, but he was under one year old, correct? So she has a lot if help if she has that much time left over.

Henry was born in February, he was four months old when she wrote the FD post.  Still a lot of work, but not as much as a six week old baby is.  And Spurgeon was one last November, so he is over a year old, and would have been over six months old when Jessa wrote the FD post for Jim Bob (which I think she wrote last year, although I could be wrong about that).

I think it's also important to remember that there is a pregnancy crisis centre that has to do with either Jeremy's church or the bigger church that supports Jeremy's church. So definitely not going to walk into Planned Parenthood, natural family planning? That's a possibility! Only time will tell. 

I would know who Jinger Duggar is if I saw her in a store, 'cause I watch the show and follow the family.

The rest of my family wouldn't know her from any other random person in a store, so it might actually be possible for Jinger to be buying BC if she wanted to.  Or maybe she goes all MJ and wears a disguise!  

Mystery shopper.

4 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I would know who Jinger Duggar is if I saw her in a store, 'cause I watch the show and follow the family.

The rest of my family wouldn't know her from any other random person in a store, so it might actually be possible for Jinger to be buying BC if she wanted to.  Or maybe she goes all MJ and wears a disguise!  

Mystery shopper.

Even if she did to to a local supermarket pharamcy for bc, there's no way of knowing what medication she's getting. It comes in a paper bag (at least at all the place I've been to) and you have privacy at the pick up counter. If she were at a pharmacy, it could be for birth control or for allergy medication. 

I think Jessa has it made in the shade. Her husband does not have many exterior pressures, and stresses.  Their life is a walk in the park. I found her Father's Day message entirely nauseating. It was nothing more than a product placement plug.  Come on we all know Jessa is guarded with her emotions. She is a very private person considering. So having this goofy message about how she feels about her husband being so awesome was nothing more than a contrived PR stunt.  

I can't wait for the day when the reality of life begins for her and Ben and they actually have no speaking engagements at 15 grand a pop. No TLC money and they end up having to struggle with the daily grind. 

Right now they live in an encapsulated bubble of bliss because of excessive money they didn't work hard for.  Every thing they can dream about is a possibility in their minds. 

One day people will be like Ben Seewald who?  He might be stuck with a minimum wage job, or slugging away at a pastors salary. 

This day can't come fast enough for me.  A part of me wants to slug it to them and I feel mean, but mostly I want them out of that bubble so they can come back down to reality with the rest of us. Then maybe Ben and Jessa might have something intelligent to say with experience to back it up.

31 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

I can't wait for the day when the reality of life begins for her and Ben and they actually have no speaking engagements at 15 grand a pop. No TLC money and they end up having to struggle with the daily grind.

Jessa is a female member of a cult that devalues women in every way, shape and form.  She is expected to keep popping out babies, regardless of how hard it would be on her physically or emotionally.  Difficult regardless of how much money you are making.

I wouldn't say her life is a walk in the park at all.

31 minutes ago, Boogers said:

In the Triple Date episode (first aired right after Joy's wedding), Izzy wears a "Big Brother" t-shirt under his sweater to Thanksgiving dinner. Then, when they go around saying what they're thankful for, Jill and Derrick take off Izzy's sweater and stand him up on the table, all but shouting at everyone to read his shirt. A few awkward moments go by, then Michelle runs over squealing. 

OK, thank you.  I didn't realize there was an episode following the wedding.  (I haven't watched any of this season.)  So, she made her announcement at TG, but the episode last night was suppose to be two weeks after Jinger's Nov 1st wedding, which would have been before TG, and yet she said she was pregnant then.    Love their "timing" to make their storylines.  

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Hours later, I randomly burst into hysterical tears. My body had gone into shock a bit and it had finally worn off after I did what needed to be done. Seeing or believing your own child is in danger is an incredibly scary situation to find yourself in. 

Yup. This a thousand times.

blech, laminate??? Sounds like a shitty house flip to me...

As someone who used to have hardwoods and now had all laminate everywhere in the house I just want to say that laminate has saved my sanity. [emoji7]

45 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I wouldn't say her life is a walk in the park at all.

Jessa travels often. she has free babysitting, a sister threw her her babies first birthday party. Her vehicles can be maintained at the Duggar garage. Her family renovated her home. Her sister came in to put up new lighting.  The list goes on.

Her  life IS a walk in the park. All the things that we have to do ourselves or pay for she can just call some one else to do. 

On the last episode her and whoever were going to dump their kids off at grandmas and not pay a dime.  I can hardly see Jessa slugging it out at 10 pm ( with a newborn) at night doing groceries because that is the only time left in the day to get it done.  Hell no! She will send the boom guy, or her sister mums out to get her groceries.

if all I had to worry about was pumping out my babies and their general everyday care , I would have been singing everyday. But no, we worried about how much gas was in our tank, making rent, maintaining and saving for a vehicle for our growing family. And no external family to do diddly squat. No family to do yard work, or come and help after each new baby arrived. 

She will never have to worry about just having a untimely c section 3 days before moving into a dump that was promised to be renovated, and 2 weeks later a husband having hernia surgery,  and wondering how rent will be made. 

Trust me. This woman has it made in the shade.

She wants a billion kids, she is happy in her servitude, she thinks she is right in her religion.   She does have it made in the shade. 

I fell asleep watching it last night! Lol the last thing I remember is Jinger talking about how hard it is to shop for two people and Jeremy buying a crapload of cheese.

6 minutes ago, kacarlton said:

As someone who used to have hardwoods and now had all laminate everywhere in the house I just want to say that laminate has saved my sanity. emoji7.png

Not just that, but a lot of flippers pick laminate over hardwood. Depending on the market for their area and the house they're flipping, laminate could be a far better option than hardwood due to cost. You don't use a high quality flooring in a house that won't give you a good return for the investment (unless you're living there long term and that's what you want.)

13 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

I fell asleep watching it last night! Lol the last thing I remember is Jinger talking about how hard it is to shop for two people and Jeremy buying a crapload of cheese.

It doesn't sound like you missed much. :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, doubleT said:

Did Anna mention being pregnant at all?  

There was no mention nor sign of anna's pregnancy

Did anyone get the answer to the question asked last night of how many birthday parties have they gone to? Loved how everyone passed on answering! I at least would have said, can you give me a piece of paper! 

Just now, MiddleAgedLady said:

Did anyone get the answer to the question asked last night f how many birthday parties have they gen to? 

I was yelling at the TV during that segment. Just add up your fucking ages you fucking idiots!

7 minutes ago, mpheels said:

I was yelling at the TV during that segment. Just add up your fucking ages you fucking idiots!

Do you really think they had birthday parties when they were living in that tiny house? 

2 hours ago, doubleT said:

So, she made her announcement at TG, but the episode last night was suppose to be two weeks after Jinger's Nov 1st wedding, which would have been before TG, and yet she said she was pregnant then.    Love their "timing" to make their storylines.  

IIRC, Jessa didn't say it was two weeks after the wedding. She said they're celebrating a few weeks late and that she was 7 months along. She would have been 7 months along in early December. She probably should have said that they were celebrating a month late, not a few weeks. Also early December makes sense for Jinger and Jeremy to be back from their honeymoon and Skyping with them from Laredo.

7 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Do you really think they had birthday parties when they were living in that tiny house? 

In one of the early episodes I think they explained birthdays.  Pretty sure it means they got "mom and dad" time and maybe lunch.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

In one of the early episodes I think they explained birthdays.  Pretty sure it means they got "mom and dad" time and maybe lunch.

Exactly. If JB spent money on his campaign, while his children ate beans or whatever, he certainly wasn't worrying about birthday parties! 

The producers asked them how many birthdays they've celebrated, not birthday parties (I just re-watched with captions to confirm). Lunch with mom & dad counts for that in my book. For a good part of my childhood, my "party" was going out to dinner with my mom, plus whoever I considered my best friend at the time. Kids' parties don't have to be huge, elaborate events.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived