Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, jerkit said:

IUDs are "worse" than the pill because they prevent implantation whereas the primary action of the pill is to prevent ovulation.

Thank good you used "worsed"

Cant use hormones using one without it.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Irene NFP  stands for Natural Family Planning. Basically charting the woman's cycle and abstaining when she's most fertile.

Aside from maybe that picture of Jinger with Spurge and Izzy, and perhaps the odd comment about being a mom someday (or seeing what God does), have we heard Jinger gush about babies and how badly she wants them? Perhaps her and Jeremy say what they need to say to conform to the Duggar brand, but are in no hurry to breed. Regardless, I hope they're content right now, and not struggling with infertility or miscarriages.

Another thought. How long do folks figure it will take until the tabloids pick up our speculation gossip that JinJer are preventing pregnancy? I'd say we'll be seeing an article to this effect by Friday.

1 minute ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

@Irene NFP  stands for Natural Family Planning. Basically charting the woman's cycle and abstaining when she's most fertile.

Thank you for answering :)

2 hours ago, Irene said:

Who is Rufus? Ist that guy in the relgion, who quit of the scandal of sexuelle uisng og teengager/woman? That eather the duggar or the bates had the cake to in the wedding? was that Erin?

Who preach how do deal with incest in the familu, how it always the girls fault?

Bill Gothard was the founder of IBLP and the cake you referenced was served at Erin and Chad Paines' wedding in honor of his birthday. He is facing a lawsuit due to his sexual harassment of female staffers at IBLP Headquarters - Gil Bates, Dr. Stephen Paine, and other Board members are also being sued because they concealed the harassment.

Rufus is a poor stag that Jinger ran over at some point. The Duggar kids had it stuffed and named it Rufus as a joke. I believe he currently resides in Laredo with the Vuolos. We've adopted him as the antlered Lord and Savior of FJ.

ETA: As for your last question - to the best of my knowledge this cult preaches that the victim of a sexual assault is always to blame for the assault. The rationale appears to be that the victim must have tempted the attacker to sin somehow, so they bear responsibility for the assault as well.

In addition, they also place a big emphasis on confessing your sins to your parents. The person who confesses first seems to be given a bit more leeway than the other person. Which is really messed up in cases of sexual assault considering many victims don't come forward out of shame or fear. 

@VelociRapture I've been wondering who and what Rufus is for a while now, so that's good to know. Next time I see someone say 'rufus bless' I won't have to be confused, so thanks for clearing that up :D 

2 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Why, in the name of Rufus, did they haul all those kids to go shopping?   What are fathers doing?   Why not ask Sister/Aunt/Mom Jana to help?    DAAAAAAYUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMM

Right!!  And why bother "planning" and measuring all the kids' sizes for the consignment sale if they were just going to bring them along? 

Irene I live in central California, in a very largely Hispanic area. Many Hispanic families have a lot of kids, usually 3-4 or more. But I would say the average for most people around here is 2 or 3. When I was going to the old Baptist church there was one family with 7 kids and they were the odd ones out.

As far as birth control, I do wonder if Jinge and Jer are preventing in some way, likely NFP. Years ago when I was married to my ex (I think I have mentioned this before) he was against me using the pill. Theoretically if an egg got fertilized and the pill caused it to not implant that was basically abortion in his eyes. I tried to tell him that the way the pill works is to PREVENT ovulation. I think good old JB and M must have gotten to him.

(I continued using pill, divorced him and then got my tubes tied. Ha!)

7 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

Henry was born in February, he was four months old when she wrote the FD post.  Still a lot of work, but not as much as a six week old baby is.  And Spurgeon was one last November, so he is over a year old, and would have been over six months old when Jessa wrote the FD post for Jim Bob (which I think she wrote last year, although I could be wrong about that).

The Father's Day message to JB is a repeat from last year. 

The one to Ben wasn't *that* long. She probably knocked it out during naptime. 

It takes more than taking your own kids with you to run errands to be a martyr. I think they enjoy taking the kids. 

During the period of time I was raising my family, I would have taken six kids shopping by myself, and never thought twice about it. When you have a big family, that's just normal. I would have felt bad if I had left them at home. Kids like to be included. I took as many kids as fit in my car wherever I went. Sometimes we needed two or three cars. My kids, cousins, neighbors, friends, random visiting kids. It was fun. 

Now my kids are grown and I'm completely over watching little kids, ever, but I can see how women with young children would enjoy that whole experience. I always did. 

Regarding the B'day cake for Bill Gothard ...dontcha know it miraculously turned into a Groom's cake, when Billy-Boy got the boot from the cult. 

9 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Hours later, I randomly burst into hysterical tears. My body had gone into shock a bit and it had finally worn off after I did what needed to be done. Seeing or believing your own child is in danger is an incredibly scary situation to find yourself in. Those feelings of absolute terror and the need to protect your child are very real, even if you later find out the danger wasn't (as Jill did.) I don't blame her at all for reacting as she did in either situation, even if it seems ridiculous to others.

This is me, how I've always been. No matter what, I keep my hand steady at the helm of the ship, and when it's all over, I collapse. Once, I actually fainted a few hours after a traumatic event, even though all was well, and had been for a while.

12 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

It literally never gets any better. HOW does Jessa stand it? 

Did you notice, both Jill and Jessa gave their first borns "unusual" first names, then picked out totally common first names for the second child? 

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

We've adopted him as the antlered Lord and Savior of FJ.

I move for a site name change to "Free Rufus."

6 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

IIRC, Jessa didn't say it was two weeks after the wedding. She said they're celebrating a few weeks late and that she was 7 months along. She would have been 7 months along in early December. She probably should have said that they were celebrating a month late, not a few weeks. Also early December makes sense for Jinger and Jeremy to be back from their honeymoon and Skyping with them from Laredo.

Thank you for clarifying that.  I have not seen the episode and was just going off what I took from the recaps.  

My last snarky observation for the night .....what I find real weird is when Jessica arrived at Spuge's Party, she and Boob side hugged.  It is so odd to me that a Father and Daughter side hug.   But than again if the Boob was my Dad I'd probably side hug him to.  The Boob being my Dad is such a mortifying and disturbing thought !   

Other observation is that the Spurge is just adorable,  that I can agree with the talking heads on.    

1 hour ago, Dubiousclaire said:

Did you notice, both Jill and Jessa gave their first borns "unusual" first names, then picked out totally common first names for the second child? 

I kinda think they both named the first one something outlandish to get attention (be it from the media or to just stand out in the family) and they later regretted it.

5 minutes ago, Snarkylark said:

I give my dad side hugs. It's just what feels normal. We weren't a very touchy hands on family. 

My dad is a very touchy feely person, nit in a creepy way just very in tune with his emotions. I am, well...not touchy, this leads to awkward side hugs that turn into regular hugs. But I think I get this from my mom who never intitates any hugs or anything with anyone. Oddly, I am very touchy with people other than my parents. I'm weird :my_angel:

It's silly that they side hug as a rule, but that's pretty much what all my family and I do. I'd say maybe we're secretly fundie, except I don't think secret fundies are a thing.

Even Josh and Anna gave their first a name with an unusual spelling--Mackynzie--and then followed that up with the more traditional Michael, Marcus, and Meredith.

I dislike the name Spurgeon. It's phonetically unattractive, and the nickname, "Spurge," sounds too much like two American euphemisms for seman, "Splooge," and "Spooge." There are 100's of euphemisms for seman and plenty of names that sound similar that don't bother me, but Spurge, in particular, sounds awful to me. 

I think "Spurge" sounds like a disease. "Hundreds of people in the Middle Ages died of the Spurge" or "Corn yields are down this year because the crops have been taken over by the Spurge,"

Is Spurgie worse than Choo Choo?

....asking for a friend.....

3 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

Right!!  And why bother "planning" and measuring all the kids' sizes for the consignment sale if they were just going to bring them along? 

I didn't really understand the measuring of the kids at all. If a kid is in a 2T now and it's small then get a 3T and let them grow into it. Or if shopping for the next season change get a size or two up from what they fit in now. I thought they were swimming in hand me downs anyway.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived