Coconut Flan

I doubt Jinger is using the pill but I wouldn't be surprised if they are using condoms. Jeremy comes from a smaller family, has "worldly" experience, and I don't get the whole "BC is bad" vibe from him. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeremy did not come out and say we are waiting to have kids until after the next 5 years, he simply said within the next 5 years he foresees them starting a family. So literally in 5 years they could have 4 under 4 for all we know. However, there was no mention of starting a family within the first year. I'm not so sure if Jinger would go as far as to use the BC pill, but I wouldn't be surprised if condoms or NFP is being used.

34 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Jana is barely there. She has a few talking heads, that's about it. 

You mean, she wasn't at the house?

6 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

She has Moochelle's baby voice down pat, too.

The mama voice - we were taught it had to be "just menacing enough". We were taught flat, rising, falling, lightly as possible. They wanted us to convey: there's (flat), dayn (rising), her (falling). Bonus points if you can "capture their eyes."

12 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

The mama voice - we were taught it had to be "just menacing enough". We were taught flat, rising, falling, lightly as possible. They wanted us to convey: there's (flat), dayn (rising), her (falling). Bonus points if you can "capture their eyes."

How many bonus points for throat punching a grown woman who talks like a baby?

I didn't watch this episode. I never watch when it first runs. I record it, so I can skip through any parts with gross Boob or that horrid Mechelle voice. If possessed Cabbage Patch Dolls had voices, they would sound like Michelle. They would watch you sleep and say, "Preccccioussss....."

Jinger would not be on the pill, not even under her new headship, because of the public negative attention her parents gave to it. So either condoms, NFP or leaving the church early :my_angel:. I wonder if "I prayed on it and felt God wanted me to wait" falls under leaving it up to God as well?

I suspect a baby around their second annoversary. Just a guess ofcourse. 

After watching paint drydry um this episode. It seems to be the watch how capable Joy is season. Haven't we watched Jana and the older J-slaves do this many, many times? Other random observations include many TH from male Duggars, very little Jana, scary Michelle voice coming from Anna, and Jessa is the one to comfort and see to Izzy rather than his mother. Oh and the training of Hannie has definitely started imo.

I didn't watch the full episode yet.

RE: Jinjer

I wonder if it is just taking them a little longer to conceive naturally. Jinger is really thin. Maybe there were some lower bmi issue which would encouraged her to gain a little weight. My best bet after natural delay would be preventive measures by the male. 

Jinger has stated a few times that she does not have an attention for details. I could see her starting a NFP schedule then jumping right off when things get hot and heavy.

I don't think Jinger would be opposed to oral contraception. Even fundie kids grow up to disagree with their parents/the church's views on certain matters. Maybe she doesn't want a lot of kids. I just don't know where she would go to safely  pick up birth control. 

I have a little fundie lite story about oral birth control. There were two girls who went away to local college from the same fundie lite church. Girl A - let's call her April, saw the other girl, lets call her Brittney - picking up Oral Contra at the student health center.  April knew this much to be true because she had been at the center for the same reason. There was a certain procedure the center followed for family planning patients. 

Brittney never saw April because Brittney was in a rush to leave. April felt solidarity with Brittney because someone from her lifestyle was obviously fornicating too. For some reason, April made the stupid decision to tell a friend who was still living the fundie lite lifestyle about Brittney's little visit, neglecting to mention she was also there for birth control. Eventually, the gossip got back to Brittney's parents. And they lived unhappily ever after.

I know medical records are confidential but I could see Jinger being apprehensive about going to the doc for OBC until she found a doc/office she trusted enough. 

10 hours ago, nst said:

blood doesn't scare jill but a shower rack dropping makes her cry 

got it 

Just want to point out that humans are extremely complex creatures. Jill did fine with this, likely because she's home in Arkansas, other adults were present, and she's dealt with blood before - she and Jana were the head Moms at TTH after all and she probably dealt with accidents and blood. Not to mention bleeding during the labors and deliveries she attended, as well as her time volunteering that she mentioned. And just Izzy in general since he seems like an adventurous little handful.

Shower rack incident occurred in a country that still doesn't feel like home and, where we now know, she has lost acquantices to gang violence. Under those circumstances, if I were home with my small child and heard a loud crashing noise I might very well panic and hide too. 

Disregarding the very valid arguments against them being in SCA to begin with, it seems perfectly valid for her to be calm in one situation over another.

@VelociRapture You sure bet I'd be hiding out too. My old shower rack fell off frequently and when I was alone at home I'd always panic a little because the noise was different every time. I don't think that makes Jill crazy, either. 

A few thoughts on this episode.  Joy and Austin seem this work well together. I do think it's good for them to work on the house together,  it does allow  them to see each other in a situation that can bring out less pleasant parts of their personality. 

I agree that JinJer may or may not be using BC. We'll probably never know and that's ok since it's not really our business.

Small point of clarification,  it was Michelle that told Josie to not fight with Jordyn.  She was also there when Joy was cutting cheese and was making sorbet with her. She was edited to not be on screen to further the plot that Joy was organizing the party. 

Have the duggar a confirmed or denied that they are *still* using ATI homeschool materials? It seems like the "lightening up" they've done have to do with distancing themselves from the kookier Gothard stuff, while still maintaining "regular" conservative Christian stuff. But I could be totally wrong.

In the last thread someone mentioned John David possibly courting. I noticed this season he has lost weight, looks clean cut and genuinely seems happy. Not sure if dating is the cause, but something is responsible for a little pep in his step. Good to see him more in to it these days.

Also @veron1queI agree that other guys have been interested. I believe the families tried to do a Bates-Duggar pair off at least 2-3xs but it just doesn't seem to be a good fit between them.

I'm very hesitant to talk about Jinger possibly taking BC.  While I truly hope that she is, and is taking time to get to know her husband and enjoy life, I'm afraid that if we spend too much time talking about why she's not prego there will be pressure on her to get knocked up just to prove the internets wrong.

The baby voice scared our kitty, she went sprinting off and hid in the umbrella stand, though she also freaks out at whistling. The mozzarella thing was super weird to me, they were making fajitas not sausage and peppers. No judgement on the amount of cheese here, but I think it would be nice of someone to introduce them to the little cheese end bowl at most grocery stores where you can just keep trying different kinds! I'd also lay money that's not their usual grocer, there's plenty of HEBs in Laredo, but it worked for the story line. 

Someone mentioned Jessa not driving there and staying with the kids, my guess is Anna and Jill took whatever car had less car seats. It takes long enough to get that number of kids safely tucked away without having to act like a contortionist to get a car seat in properly without a base. I watch my niece a lot, but have a two door with a small backseat, so always just trade keys with the sib. 

I rewatched the wedding special of Jill and Jessa's and it really reinforced how different Jill is. Married life and motherhood seem to agree with Jessa, she's softened while Jill seems flattened.

Thank you, @Buzzard for the recaps - Rufus will reward you!

I think my main takeaway is it's been over a year, and I'm STILL not used to the name "Spurgeon".  It jumps out at me every time!

1 hour ago, TatiFish9 said:

I know medical records are confidential but I could see Jinger being apprehensive about going to the doc for OBC until she found a doc/office she trusted enough. 

Is there a Planned Parenthood near Laredo?

32 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Also @veron1queI agree that other guys have been interested. I believe the families tried to do a Bates-Duggar pair off at least 2-3xs but it just doesn't seem to be a good fit between them.

I suspect that neither Jim Bob nor Gil is willing to give up authority over his daughter to the other family.

8 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I think my main takeaway is it's been over a year, and I'm STILL not used to the name "Spurgeon".  It jumps out at me every time!

It literally never gets any better. HOW does Jessa stand it? 

11 hours ago, Denim Jumper said:

A few posters have mentioned how clear her skin has been looking lately... don't BC pills help with acne? 

Oral contraceptives can clear up acne for some women, but her suddenly clear skin could easily be the result of a change in skin care products (Jeremy values appearances and may encourage use of better products) and/or improved diet.

11 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Austin destroys some flooring hitting it too hard.  They're also making memories and not just focusing on work.

Austin didn't destroy flooring hitting it too hard. He was using a piece of scrap as a buffer piece to knock flooring in place without damaging the floor. The piece he was hitting was supposed to end up with damage.

13 minutes ago, cascarones said:

The mozzarella thing was super weird to me, they were making fajitas not sausage and peppers. No judgement on the amount of cheese here, but I think it would be nice of someone to introduce them to the little cheese end bowl at most grocery stores where you can just keep trying different kinds! I'd also lay money that's not their usual grocer, there's plenty of HEBs in Laredo, but it worked for the story line. 

I assume the grocery store was contrived for the show. That was a Mexican/Latin grocery store - no shit the labels and signs are in Spanish. I can believe that they stop by smaller Mexican grocery stores for specific items, but not for their regular shopping. Re. the cheese - I think Jeremy has been living off a bachelor-athlete diet for years. Probably lots of chicken breast, fish, and frozen vegetables. Good nutrition, not much flavor. It probably never occurred to him to buy a block of cheese - it just shows up at the table when his grandmother/mom cook.

1 minute ago, mpheels said:

I assume the grocery store was contrived for the show. That was a Mexican/Latin grocery store - no shit the labels and signs are in Spanish. I can believe that they stop by smaller Mexican grocery stores for specific items, but not for their regular shopping. Re. the cheese - I think Jeremy has been living off a bachelor-athlete diet for years. Probably lots of chicken breast, fish, and frozen vegetables. Good nutrition, not much flavor. It probably never occurred to him to buy a block of cheese - it just shows up at the table when his grandmother/mom cook.

I was thinking the same thing.  There are "normal" grocery stores all over the place.  According to Dr. Google, they are all over the place, including a walmart supercenter.

Jeremy seems to know a lot of mexican "type" foods (he suggested quesadillas and fajitas), which is odd for someone that supposedly had an eyetalian upbringing.  Maybe Jinge only knows how to do a very small amount of things and cooking a proper  italian meal is above her skills.  Again, homeskool fail. 

11 hours ago, bella8050 said:

Joy does the girls hair, cooks and does laundry. Is Michelle legit sitting up in her room with her feet up when Joy and now Hannie are doing all of this?

And we wonder why Joy wanted to get married so young? She obviously said fuck this shit to her lazy ass mother father.  At least for the next 3 years she'll only have Her Austin & 1 or 2 other kids to care for as opposed to cooking cleaning and doing laundry for 20 people. 

9 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

You mean, she wasn't at the house?

We didn't see Jana at the house. She very well could have been there and was off camera, like she was during the Josh/Anna road trip.

9 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

I doubt Jinger is using the pill but I wouldn't be surprised if they are using condoms. Jeremy comes from a smaller family, has "worldly" experience, and I don't get the whole "BC is bad" vibe from him. 

My mom grew up in a time of BC is evil, her sister thinks it is a few nieces do as well, that whole Catholic guilt BS, but everyone else in the family uses or used it.  I can't see any reason at all why some/most of the Duggerlings won't use it at some point. 

I suspected that Jinger might use birth control when they gave an odd answer to the baby question in one of the TLC interviews with Danni Starr of TLCme Now. Danni asked a vague and general "yes," or "no" question. They both got nervous and weird like, "oh shit, don't tell her about the birth control."

Transcript:

Danni: "Any babies in the future?"

(Jinger nervously looks at Jeremy for an answer.)

Jeremy: "We love children, but... we're obviously just focused on getting settled.... in to Texas.....and the ministry.... and being together, so we'll see what happens."

She didn't ask if they were actively trying THIS WEEK. A simple, "sure, yep," would have worked. "We hope that's God's plan for the future," "yeah, sounds good," "we are looking forward to it." So many ways to answer without sounding like you are dancing around the question. 

My question is... how would they procure birth control without the media pouncing all over it? I can only imagine how fast pics would hit InTouch of Jeremy buying condoms. He would need a contraband dealer just to get a condom. 

12 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Joy thinks she's ready to get engaged... on the flood she wrote "I love you sooo much."

Thanks @Buzzard for these recaps!

Maybe I've misunderstood the Duggar fundie courtship constitution and bylaws... I thought they weren't allowed to say "I love you" until after they were engaged? Was Joy saying it before Austin proposed (and on camera)?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived