IGNORED

Jinjer: Throwing Shade since April 9, 2017

Coconut Flan

Long post:

I watched a portion of Jeremy's video. He's like the stereotypical southern preachers in the true blood opening sequence. Frightening. 

I obviously by my user name was raised Jehovah witness and we don't have preachers, we have elders and basically anyone can give "a talk". I did one when I was like 7. And it's super quiet and even when we sing we like whisper sing. So any lively church legit still in my adulthood scares the shit out of me. So the video was hard for me to really listen to. 

But if he's throwing shade at his in laws it  is his duty to do so as defined in many scriptures in the Christian faith. I don't think he really was speaking about them since he went on a sso ministry trip (to stalk jinger) but if he is he has the right to criticize their practices since he actually attended a trip. 

He actually made valid points in regards of how it's a double sided argument. That people who have the proper credentials don't serve, so those who don't step up because "it's better than nothing attitude" is an actual good topic to discuss beyond Christianity. Also how people who are unprepared can do more damaged than good. (John shrader)

My take on it, is Jill seems miserable and they really need to realize that you can serve the "good word" anywhere. Knock on doors like my annoying ass did with my watchtower.  Their whole martyr complex is annoying. Everytime they talk about the sacrifices they're making in Central America proves how self righteous and egomaniacal derick truly is. 

I still find thst their anti-catholic attitude comes off very aggressive. I'm happy that ben has calmed his approached. I won't forget after the South Carolina baptist church shooting, ben was the only Duggar to make a social media post about praying for the victims. But shortly after they overturned prop 8 and the duggars said they're praying for our nation.

I hope ben's ministry no matter how troublesome his beliefs are, focuses on Christian brotherly love and giving, instead of screaming about heretics, gays, and aborted fetuses. I think when he first came to the public and was very harsh he actually took part of the criticism to heart. Or maybe this is all hopeful thinking.

But derick and Jeremy have the age and worldy experience so they disappointment me.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

then she could make money doing whatever CPMs are eligible to do. 

CPMs are not licensed to do anything in Arkansas.  She HAS to be licensed by the state to practice any form of medicine even delivering babies.  She has not done so ergo the CPM is basically useless to her in Arkansas.  She obtained a qualification that does not qualify her to practice midwifery anywhere she has lived.

Wouldn't Jill need to proficiently communicate en Espanol in order to practice in Central America?

I think Jill practicing independently as a CPM in whatever role they provide is out. Now could she assist a licensed MW or NP in home births,  much like her mom and sisters have done with Jessa and Anna's home births? Yes, she could. 

59 minutes ago, lomo6 said:

As someone with a very similar hair texture as this model, can Basically, you can't win as a woman with wavy/curly hair (and probably as a woman in general). Even if you straighten it to achieve a more "polished" look, plenty will comment on how you're frying your hair. 

I have straight as a stick baby fine hair and I hear you. :)   In the 70s I had it cut in Farrah Fawcett layers, blow-dried it upside down, curled it with a curling iron and sprayed it with hairspray.  It added at least half an hour to my morning routine and it didn't last till lunch time. :/

I finally gave up the layers.  Really, what's  the logic in cutting fine hair in layers to make it look thicker?

I'm happy with the blunt cut long hair I have now but I still blow dry it upside down and use 'root booster'...

In the early 80s, just released from fundie land, I dyed my hair fuschia.  It was a big deal back then.  Once when I was grocery shopping a girl came up to me and asked to touch my hair (?)  It was that weird in those days.  

Oh good grief...what the hell is it with mothers and hair? My mother kept my hair in a pixie cut for years....then in early grade school she let it grow out. Since then, my hair has been between long and LONG. The mother started bitching about the hair when I was 30...about how I needed to get it cut short...well, I'm 53 and the hair is down to my waist (sort of on the short side for me)...Right now, in the hot desert summer, I keep it up in a strange looking topknot sort of thing...off my neck. When it cools off, it will be down...well, mostly down...

Admittedly, it's pretty heavy and with my neck fkd up right now, it'd probably be smart to cut it but...it ain't happening. 

Now I'm going to "enjoy" my headache and hope like hell that my doctor hurries up and gets me the referral to pain management. 

On 6/12/2017 at 0:31 PM, BabyBottlePop said:

Speaking of the mom making the potluck plate-- I'm currently reading a true crime book where the husband, before he was married, had his mother come to his apartment every week and do his laundry and pin outfits together because he couldn't pair shirts and pants. 

My future SIL had his mom help him pick out clothes prior to my daughter.  To be fair he is colorblind and would have no problem wearing a red and blue plaid shirt with green shorts.  My daughter has had to ask his mom or me to step in because he thinks she is just being too picky.  LOL

Kids clothes used to have tags so they could be matched. Any lion top would go with any lion pants for example. Maybe there's an adult version?

23 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Kids clothes used to have tags so they could be matched. Any lion top would go with any lion pants for example. Maybe there's an adult version?

That sure would help me! Admittedly I went through a phase where I refused to wear a matched pair of socks and would wear 4 different earrings in each ear (like none would be pairs). I've never been a matchy-matchy sort of person, I have the bad habit of going to Saver's and buying either tops or bottoms...then come home and realize I have NOTHING to go with whatever I've bought...Oh damn, another trip to Saver's!

25 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I had a teacher in middle school who's son and late husband are/were colorblind. She use to put dots on the clothing tags so their knew what went together.  

44 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Garanimals! Loved those. The first time my husband asked me to go clothes shopping with him, I got so excited. (I love clothes). Then we went to Men's Warehouse, which is basically Garanimals for Grown Up Men. 

My mom used to complain about my hair when I did something particularly "weird" with it (dyed it a color that wasn't "natural" red, dark brown, or pink) or when I would cut it short. From like age 3 on she let me pick m y style, and for the first few years I wanted really long hair. I had it down to my butt by second grade and then demanded a shorter hair style (which I ended up having to cut a chunk out of the back of my hair to get my mom to give up on my 'long pretty hair') and I've kept it chin length or shorter since I was 15. When I first dyed it black, she screamed at me. When I first bleached it, she screamed at me. Beyond that, she never really gave a shit. I think she' liked the haircuts my former bff used to give me in high school. 

Suddenly my mom seems laidback on my hair as a kid! I was able to cut it any length as long as I didn't shave it, but I couldn't dye it. The only color she okayed was wash-out stuff.

If course, no tattoos (not that I wanted one then) and the only piercing I was allowed were my earlobes, one hole each. As soon as I turned 18 I got an upper-ear piercing, but that's long since closed, so I'm still at one hole an ear.

I never had issues with my mother and my hair. 

If that is the only ones you have ever had, be grateful. Then take a moment and imagine that the mother who had strong opinions or made rules about your hair color, cut and length was really your boss and the board that ran the organization you worked for and you were not a child or teen but a grown adult. 

Because that is where my comment about leaving Jinger alone about her hair came from. 

I posted about the hair, because that was the discussion. There were other issues. Many. Many other issues.

If you're working in that sort of toxic environment, I'm sorry. I'd be looking for another job! lol

14 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I posted about the hair, because that was the discussion. There were other issues. Many. Many other issues.

If you're working in that sort of toxic environment, I'm sorry. I'd be looking for another job! lol

I have not worked there for 17 years. But thanks for the unsolicited advice. Which you seem to give me every time I post on this section of the boards. 

I think I need to be taken out and shot :) 

My 15 year old, has long, wavy, purpley/pink hair, a nose piercing and a septum ring. She's a great kid, does brilliantly in school, wears incredibly well applied quirky make up, has a guitar playing boyfriend, listens to screamo music and wants a small tattoo of a daisy to remember our little dog who died last year, when she is 16. She's a conscientious, sensitive soul who'd go to the ends of the earth and back for you, if she thought she'd hurt you and I trust her to not be an feckin' eejit. So far she hasn't broken that trust, and she in turn, trusts me to help her talk over any big decisions she feels she has in front of her.

My 12 year old, has half her hair not quite shaved and a mass of golden curls falling over her eye on the other side. She has one of those fine featured, classically beautiful faces and a tall willowy frame, so it suits her to a tee.  She's dyslexic and dyspraxic, sees them both as gifts rather than hindrances and has always marched to the beat of her own drum. I encourage her every step of the way, because some day she is going to change the world. ( Not biased or anything ;))

In short, I couldn't give a swinging mickey what colour or style their hair is, how many piercings they have or even if they decide to get a tattoo or 3. As long as they are happy, decent kids with a few iotas of common sense, then I will be the mother tigress defending their right to be their own person, and will do so again next month when they decide to be someone else. <3 

1 minute ago, louisa05 said:

I have not worked there for 17 years. But thanks for the unsolicited advice. Which you seem to give me every time I post on this section of the boards. 

Damn! Enough with the potshots. I don't even pay one bit of attention to who posts what.

@VelociRapture: I told my kids the same thing about "call me, I'll get you. I may be grumpy, but I'd rather wake up grumpy with you alive than devastated when you're dead"...

Nobody has called me yet, but I noticed on One's credit card bill that there were charges for Uber... and he said, "Well, when I"m out and have one too many, I'll call an Uber." Praise the Lord!!

They do sometimes listen!

On 6/12/2017 at 10:15 AM, Dubiousclaire said:

When I saw that picture of Jinger I thought she looks 12 years old, with the leggings under the dress, side pony tail and headband! 

I hope Jeremy's mom takes her under her wing, and helps her update her hair and wardrobe.  Nothing wrong with what she is wearing, but the preacher probably shouldn't look like he has a child bride. And yes, I know she is probably still a child mentally. 

When I saw the picture I instantly thought of the Guns N' Roses song 'Sweet Child O' Mine' .....that pony tail is not helping!

17 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

But if he's throwing shade at his in laws it  is his duty to do so as defined in many scriptures in the Christian faith. I don't think he really was speaking about them since he went on a sso ministry trip (to stalk jinger) but if he is he has the right to criticize their practices since he actually attended a trip. 

I dont think that his stalking trip disqualifies him from holding up the shade.  If anything, it gives him more ammo.  He was on a missioncation and got to see, first hand, what a farce the whole thing is.  If he's calling it out then good for him!  The Duggars are known to call eachother out.  Wasnt it Jill that posted something shitty attacking Anna right after Joshly was outed?  If JinJer are calling Jill out then maybe this is a tit for tat?

@ShadowCat, you sound like a wonderful, brilliant mom!  Was your sweet doggie named Daisy by any chance?  We had a Daisy ourselves about 40 years ago.  I like how your daughter wants to get a daisy tattoo in her memory.

I think some mothers may be motivated in their rules about hair by how much of a pain they perceive caring for their kids' hair to be.  I never forbid my girls from having long hair, but my god, they did get some horrible tangles!  I wish I'd know how to care for curly hair back then.  (Heck I wish anybody did!)  My mom didn't want me to have long hair after I was about five so I went through childhood with a bunch of unflattering pixies.  I didn't think about how much a pain that long hair would have been for her to deal with.  All those tangles!   I didn't learn a flattering style until I was in my teens and it only took me about 40 more years to learn how to properly care for curls.

My young adult daughter always calls an Uber or Lyft when she's been out drinking.  I'm rather proud of her for that.

my mom kept me in hideous pixie cuts until i rebelled and insisted on rocking an "ann marie, that girl" flip 

Screenshot_2017-06-14-10-17-28-1.png

16 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Oh good grief...what the hell is it with mothers and hair? My mother kept my hair in a pixie cut for years....then in early grade school she let it grow out. Since then, my hair has been between long and LONG. The mother started bitching about the hair when I was 30...about how I needed to get it cut short...well, I'm 53 and the hair is down to my waist (sort of on the short side for me)...Right now, in the hot desert summer, I keep it up in a strange looking topknot sort of thing...off my neck. When it cools off, it will be down...well, mostly down...

Admittedly, it's pretty heavy and with my neck fkd up right now, it'd probably be smart to cut it but...it ain't happening. 

Now I'm going to "enjoy" my headache and hope like hell that my doctor hurries up and gets me the referral to pain management. 

I let my daughter's hair get a little long, but then she can't brush through it and it turns into a rats nest. So... we cut it to below her shoulders and miraculously, it gets brushed through (we have pretty thick fine hair)! Works for us. I don't want her to have really short hair though!! But if she REALLY wanted it, I suppose. 

My advice to all parents always is:1) choose your battles, 2.)use the correct terminology for your body parts, sex education from very early childhood/create an open dialogue/tailor the talk to the age,  3.) Their body is theirs-they get to decide about their hair ( as long as they don't do it themselves at age 4 like one of mine did...:my_sick:  ) and clothing, 5.) When they're little, sleeping and eating schedules are good ( but don't freak out if you go off once in a while-life happens)

To parents of teens-familiarize yourself with their friends, tell them they can call you if they find themselves in a sticky situation with no repercussions or talk about sex/sexuality without judgement. It isn't always easy but it works.

My daughters are 22 and 25. I dodged a bullet and had no real issues with them. I did not overreact their drama and moodiness in the early teens because those feelings are real to them. They're both college grads, have lots of great friends and are gainfully employed. We have a great relationship. Exknees#1 got her ears pierced for her sixth birthday, Exknees#2 for her fifth. After she went to college-she got several more up one ear, and a cartilage thingy on her ear. She has purple tips in her hair for a theatre role. (which I don't love but not my hair). They both were all-in for wrist tattoos recently, until they took a friend for a shoulder one which hurt- so they're scared now LOL (which secretly delights me) 

I got lucky with my two! :my_heart:

My 3 furkids give me more attitude than my kid-kids. :kitty-shifty:

30 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I dont think that his stalking trip disqualifies him from holding up the shade.  If anything, it gives him more ammo.  He was on a missioncation and got to see, first hand, what a farce the whole thing is.  If he's calling it out then good for him!  The Duggars are known to call eachother out.  Wasnt it Jill that posted something shitty attacking Anna right after Joshly was outed?  If JinJer are calling Jill out then maybe this is a tit for tat?

If that's the case, I imagine he would have said something to derick about his opinion beforehand. Regardless, I'm happy he wasn't subtle about the shade. And if it wasn't about Jill and derick, by now Jeremy's preacher self would immediately verified that it wasn't. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived