IGNORED

Jinjer: Throwing Shade since April 9, 2017

Coconut Flan

@PennySycamore, Thank you, it's the best job I've ever had :)

Yes, we had a Daisy Dogg for 13 years and were devastated when her little heart gave up on her in December. She was my daughter's dog and she adored her, so a small daisy tattoo is what she's asked for.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/12/2017 at 8:50 AM, louisa05 said:

As someone whose hair apparently invites meddling, can I just say that I think it is not helpful or polite to tell other people what they should or should not do with their hair? 

If Jinger is happy with her hair the way it is, then so be it. 

I agree. As a Texas girl, born and bred, my hair is the last thing I thought about to keep cool. Clothes are an entirely different thing but when I was younger the hair stayed long for quite a while.  

18 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

I hope ben's ministry no matter how troublesome his beliefs are, focuses on Christian brotherly love and giving, instead of screaming about heretics, gays, and aborted fetuses. I think when he first came to the public and was very harsh he actually took part of the criticism to heart. Or maybe this is all hopeful thinking.

I actually think Ben did take some of the criticism to heart, I remember him tweeting about something very liberal and supporting it, though I'm not sure what it was. Someone else, a self-identified Christian, commented that it wasn't something Ben should be promoting.  I know very vague, I'm sorry! I just explicitly remember being surprised he supported something liberal. Of everyone Bessa seems the most 'free' couple but who knows what goes on behind closed doors!

oh and thank y'all for the welcome!

From that article: "The 50-year-old reality star titled her post “The Root of Bitterness” and pondered on why people often lose their joy". 

Well if you marry her off so you can file a lawsuit, you lose your Joy. 

Bad joke, I know. 

@SapphireSlytherin That reminds me SO much of my grandmother back in 2000! She saw some skater punks rolling through her neighborhood one day wearing the spiked, bleached hairstyle a bunch of them used to wear in the early oughts, and she stopped them as they were skating by to ask what products they used in their hair so she could do hers the same way. :pb_lol:  I will definitely be the old lady with teal blue hair someday. :pb_lol:

@CreationMuseumCurator Those are SO cute! I love the rainbow peekaboos especially! I may just have to look into that, because the color doesn't look overpowering, which is perfect starting out for someone like me who's never put crazy colors in their hair before. Thanks! :my_biggrin:

Just read Mee-shelle's post. It reads to me like, "The haters are just jealous and bitter", but if she was thinking about her son-in-laws when she wrote that post, I think her analysis of the situation is a bit off the mark. I doubt Jeremy criticised the Dillards (via subtle shade) because he envies them, quite the opposite, IMO. Unless she meant Jill and Derrick are the bitter/jealous ones because they don't follow Jeremy or Jinger on I.G., which would make more sense, but still. I hate it when people use the "You're just jealous" line when someone dislikes them for some reason. You can dislike someone and disagree with their choices, and it doesn't necessarily mean that you're secretly jealous of or bitter towards them. Yeesh.

Jill posted a link on Instagram to a live stream of a sermon given by their Pastor at Cross Church on August 23, 2015. It appears the sermon discussed cheating and, based off the comments on her post, specifically mentioned the wife being at fault.

Now, I'm not entirely sure if Jill knew the sermon subject ahead of posting it. It's possible she did, but she specifically mentioned it was a live feed. So she may not have known. I do find the timing of that post kind of suspicious though.

Jessa posted a link August 31, 2015:

No clue what the guy says because I haven't watched it. And I'm tired and don't have the mental stamina to listen to it because the baby won't stop crying (because teething and formula change and sleeping in her crib because my sister needed the pack n play... it's been a REAL fun few days over here. Lol!)

The sermon is almost 2 years old and Jessa has posted it before? I find it hard to believe Jill didn't know the content before (re)posting in 2017.

Wait is the sermon about Anna and Josh or is there more going on here? I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but wasn't that Josh thing forgotten already? Did someone else cheat?

23 minutes ago, mpheels said:

The sermon is almost 2 years old and Jessa has posted it before? I find it hard to believe Jill didn't know the content before (re)posting in 2017.

She didn't post it in 2017. The posts I and @Buzzard referred to were made in 2015, right after Josh Duggar (is a spineless worm) was revealed as a cheater.

ETA: Jill's post was by Pastor Ronnie at Cross Church. Jessa posted a separate link about a week later by another person. Both posts were made in August 2015.

the biggest concern is ALL the Kidults have forgotten that NO ONE is perfect and we all make mistakes, and that he who casts shade will have to thrown back 10 fold.  When you act like a holier than thou asshat don't get all butt hurt when it is thrown right back at you HARD when you make a mistake, and you will because you are human. 

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

:laughing-rolling: Who are they kidding? Michelle isn't with it enough to notice what is going on in her own house? Let alone the feuding between Jeremy and D-wreck. 

9 hours ago, ShadowCat said:

I think I need to be taken out and shot :) 

My 15 year old, has long, wavy, purpley/pink hair, a nose piercing and a septum ring. She's a great kid, does brilliantly in school, wears incredibly well applied quirky make up, has a guitar playing boyfriend, listens to screamo music and wants a small tattoo of a daisy to remember our little dog who died last year

This made my heart swell and my eyes leak! Love it <3

Either Michelle is delusional at this point, or a mastermind. 

But she has it made. She can live in her giant house and only venture out when she wants, and she can live her life in her own perfect fundie bubble.

5 hours ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

@SapphireSlytherin That reminds me SO much of my grandmother back in 2000! She saw some skater punks rolling through her neighborhood one day wearing the spiked, bleached hairstyle a bunch of them used to wear in the early oughts, and she stopped them as they were skating by to ask what products they used in their hair so she could do hers the same way. :pb_lol:  I will definitely be the old lady with teal blue hair someday. :pb_lol:

I have mermaid hair. The best comment I ever got was from a woman who was 90+, came up to me and said "I just wanted to tell you, that your hair looks absolutely amazing!"

I told everyone and their dog about it. I was so chuffed!

10 hours ago, CreatedToBeACritic said:

I actually think Ben did take some of the criticism to heart, I remember him tweeting about something very liberal and supporting it, though I'm not sure what it was. Someone else, a self-identified Christian, commented that it wasn't something Ben should be promoting.  I know very vague, I'm sorry! I just explicitly remember being surprised he supported something liberal. Of everyone Bessa seems the most 'free' couple but who knows what goes on behind closed doors!

I'm starting to find ben less annoying more and more because he once acknowledged his privilege and how he's grateful he had parents who protected him. Yes he's still awkward, especially with his backward hats, but I understand that he was a homeschooled 18 year old who was thrown to millions and tried to preach when he literally knew nothing about the world. He came out so hard and I really think the backlash was shocking to him. Instead of just saying the world is damaged and stupid he's trying to reach out in approaches that are actual helpful (football camp/touring St. Louis inner city). I hope he does all the shit Jesus actually said for his followers to do. 

Welcome to free jinger! Everyone here is awesome! 

12 hours ago, CreatedToBeACritic said:

While Ben will never be as liberal as I would like he strikes me as someone who would be horrified to realize he genuinely hurt someone's feelings and would soften his approach.I think he genuinely loves meeting and connecting with people. Meanwhile Derrick would keep screaming at you saying he is just trying to save you from burning in hell.Jeremy is savy enough to know which fundie beliefs to keep his mouth shut about.Well let me rephrase  that, he keeps certain things limited to his sermons and would never show his ass on social media.

I used their hair tutorial to curl the boyfriend's sister's long thick hair for fancy dinner earlier tonight. Mine is naturally curly, so I don't have a curling iron, just braid strategically if I want the curls to match. She was like "Who are these people?!"

She did cry at the wedding special, but is currently attempting to sneak out to meet a boy. She's 18 visiting us from halfway across the country and their parents are quite strict so she's been very sheltered. I don't speak Mandarin so I've no real clue how boyfriend is sorting this other than the fact she's stomping. I suspect I'm going to have to put on real clothes and go be a chaperone. 

On 6/11/2017 at 11:06 PM, Palindrome said:

Jinger looks so young in that photo! 

She does! Hardly any makeup at all! She looks fresh faced and I'm loving it!

20 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Jill posted a link on Instagram to a live stream of a sermon given by their Pastor at Cross Church on August 23, 2015. It appears the sermon discussed cheating and, based off the comments on her post, specifically mentioned the wife being at fault.

Spoiler

Jessa posted a link August 31, 2015:

No clue what the guy says because I haven't watched it. 

Is this what Jill posted? Because that is John Piper. He's not their pastor and he's not a pastor at Cross Church. He's a pretty well known Reform conservative Evangelical somewhere in the upper Midwest. His books are really popular among the more mainstream Evangelical crowd. 

2 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

Is this what Jill posted? Because that is John Piper. He's not their pastor and he's not a pastor at Cross Church. He's a pretty well known Reform conservative Evangelical somewhere in the upper Midwest. His books are really popular among the more mainstream Evangelical crowd. 

At first that's what I thought too -- but then I realized there were two links: Jill posted a link to a Cross Church pastor sermon on adultery, and Jessa posted a link to a clip from the Piper sermon on adultery. It's just a coincidence that they were both preached on Aug. 23, 2015. Piper's was in Vancouver.

Maybe Jill and Jessa posted the links because they had the infidelity of Joshuass (the Douche) on their minds... I wouldn't be surprised. Piper is Reformed/Calvinist as well as "complementarian" (i.e. patriarchal) and his theology fits with Jeremy's, but I highly doubt he spends any time thinking about the Duggars... IBLP-style beliefs and practices are too fundie even for him.

(long-time lurker, first-time poster... hi y'all :562479b1e2079_Whyhullothurwave:)

8 hours ago, Letizia said:

While Ben will never be as liberal as I would like he strikes me as someone who would be horrified to realize he genuinely hurt someone's feelings and would soften his approach.I think he genuinely loves meeting and connecting with people. Meanwhile Derrick would keep screaming at you saying he is just trying to save you from burning in hell.Jeremy is savy enough to know which fundie beliefs to keep his mouth shut about.Well let me rephrase  that, he keeps certain things limited to his sermons and would never show his ass on social media.

I think he tweeted sympathies about the nightclub shooting in Florida while everyone else stayed quiet  Because your sexual orientation means you deserve to be shot and not prayed for by fundies. 

46 minutes ago, AlternativeVoice said:

I think he tweeted sympathies about the nightclub shooting in Florida while everyone else stayed quiet  Because your sexual orientation means you deserve to be shot and not prayed for by fundies. 

No actually the Duggars posted something on the official Facebook page along the lines of "weeping when others weep" and that they were praying for the Orlando victims (it pisses me off because its majorly hypocritical to be extremely homophobic/queerphobic/transphobic and then be "weeping for victims" when violence is perpetuated against them. The Orlando attack was also partly racially motivated because most victims were black and brown)

They've gotten flack from commenters in the past for being unaware so for about over a year they've consistently post their condolences for (Western) terror attacks.

16 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

No actually the Duggars posted something on the official Facebook page along the lines of "weeping when others weep" and that they were praying for the Orlando victims (it pisses me off because its majorly hypocritical to be extremely homophobic/queerphobic/transphobic and then be "weeping for victims" when violence is perpetuated against them. The Orlando attack was also partly racially motivated because most victims were black and brown)

They've gotten flack from commenters in the past for being unaware so for about over a year they've consistently post their condolences for (Western) terror attacks.

I still can't believe that only ben posted something about the southern baptist church shooting with Dylan roof. I remember checking all their social media and there was silence. How could they not write anything their fellow Christians who were murdered during a bible study?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived