IGNORED

Jinjer: Throwing Shade since April 9, 2017

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Let's start a poll. Who here would want or would hire Jill to attend their home birth as a CPM?  SassyPants, says no.

If I was crowning in the middle of Olive Garden and Jill came running up and said she could birth my sweet little one....I would pull that baby out myself, Kourtney Kardashian style. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Jill during midwifery in Central America? I get the sense that she is just hosting people at her home there.

5 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Is Jill during midwifery in Central America? I get the sense that she is just hosting people at her home there.

She's making banana bread and writing overly cheery blog posts about people suffering and dying around her, but it's totally cool that children and young women are dying horrible deaths as long as they smiled and nodded at one of Jill's Hay-zoos es mweeeee bway-nooooooo speeches. Hoping to god she isn't trying to be a midwife down there.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

I don't know Arkansas or NARM rules,  but in many fields that don't include deciding if someone is in a life or death situation, testing expires. 

This got me curious so I did some digging.  According to this page on NARM's website, recertification should be done every 3 years. Looks like you have to have continuing education or retake the exam to be recertified.  

52 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

If I was crowning in the middle of Olive Garden and Jill came running up and said she could birth my sweet little one....I would pull that baby out myself, Kourtney Kardashian style. 

Wait, the NICE Olive Garden? Or that other one? 

Also, Jill Dill was present at the birth where the infant suffered serious harm? I hadn't heard that she was present. 

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Let's start a poll. Who here would want or would hire Jill to attend their home birth as a CPM?  SassyPants, says no.

Is downvoting this post and equivalent to "Hell mfing no"?

Jill will be like that royal doctor who delivered lady Sybil's baby in downton abbey. 

I'd rather try to deliver a baby on the toilet by myself. 

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

It really is totally moot as Jill herself has shown zero sign or inclination to practice midwifery since before Izzie was born.  It's completely up to her to take care of getting licensed and she's to all appearances done nothing to further that since she was pregnant with Izzie.

I also think she finished her requirements so that her and derick together on the mission field would give a pretense that they could add value to the field. 

I remember a poster previously detailed what the usual bare minimum for a missionary's qualifications for most churches. Because derick's degree wasn't in ministry he is under qualified. I think she got that piece of paper to say "look I can deliver babies and serve if needed!" That's why they had her go to the birthing center in Central America in counting on and show how "she educates mothers because the villagers can sometimes be ignorant due to superstitions". 

They tried. 

11 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

I still can't believe that only ben posted something about the southern baptist church shooting with Dylan roof. I remember checking all their social media and there was silence. How could they not write anything their fellow Christians who were murdered during a bible study?

Because they are racist sanctimonious fundamentalist assholes, that's why. Fuck all of them (except Ben in this case).

Shit like this, and supporting Trump, is why I don't give a damn about their hair, weddings, or babies. Had white Christians been slaughtered and all over the news like that, they sure as hell would have commented. Not nice people and they make me sick.

Rant over. 

@ShadowCat Your girls sound amazing! I was wishing I could send mine to you for a bit but alas, I fear her genetics would not allow her to show her own awesomeness in the same way your kids do. Parenting: sounds like you're doing it right!

1 hour ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Is downvoting this post and equivalent to "Hell mfing no"?

Jill will be like that royal doctor who delivered lady Sybil's baby in downton abbey. 

I'd rather try to deliver a baby on the toilet by myself. 

Cut to the chase and get Anna Duggar to assist with the toilet birth-

Because they are racist sanctimonious fundamentalist assholes, that's why. Fuck all of them (except Ben in this case).

Shit like this, and supporting Trump, is why I don't give a damn about their hair, weddings, or babies. Had white Christians been slaughtered and all over the news like that, they sure as hell would have commented. Not nice people and they make me sick.

Rant over. 

Exactly. I'm even hesitant to give Ben praise. I'm glad he's spent time with FLAME and other likes hip-hop but even nice white people who voted for Obama and swear they aren't racist so have some dangerous racist beliefs. Plus, he's surrounded by assholes Ike his confederate flag, Islamaphobic, blue lives matter sister and Cathy Dillard Byrum.

I will reevaluate when he voices understanding about systemic racism, and realizes how it's connected to other 'isms' (classism, xenophobia, neo-colonialism, queerphobia, women's rights etc)Hopefully he will grow to be more aware and a true ally. He's the only one that shows remote promise. 

Jill's NARM certification is worth something. It qualifies her to work as a midwife in several states. Arkansas is not one of those states because she has not completed the requirements to be licensed by the state. She does need the NARM to be licensed in Arkansas BUT she also needs to successfully complete her apprenticeship and pass the Arkansas Midwife Regulations exam. As far as we know Jill has not been banned from practicing midwifery in Arkansas. It appears that Jill's apprenticeship under Venessa Giron is not going to qualify since Venessa lost her license... <snip>

Given Jill's connection to Venessa and the malpractice suit, I suspect that she would have difficultly being hired by a hospital or private practice. She might have better luck working as a doula/birth coach.

Actually, it does not appear that Jill would need to repeat an apprenticeship.  We have no way of knowing if Jill had compleated her apprenticeship hours before Vanessa lost her license in April 2015. If she had not completed her apprenticeship, Jill could have the apprenticeship waived under the Practical Experience Equivalency section.

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/aboutADH/RulesRegs/LayMidwifery.pdf

301.03 Practical Experience Equivalency

"All applicants for licensure in Arkansas must follow procedures for Regular License. Midwives holding a Certified Professional Midwife certificate through the North American Registry of Midwives may apply for a Lay Midwife license. The CPM credential will be considered equivalent to the practical experience and NARM testing requirement. The Lay Midwife must complete an application, meet all the requirements for education, TB, rubella, and CPR and pass the state regulations test. "

She would need to take and pass the state midwife regulations test.  We have no way of knowing if she has done that.  What we do know is that she has not (yet) applied for state licensure.  Her CPM credential must be renewed every 3 years.  It is currently less than 2 years old.  We did not know that she was studying for and taking the CPM exam until they announced that she had passed.  Similarly we have no way of knowing if she has been actively taking continuing ed units.

Vanessa's loss of license would not impact Jill or any other apprentice as long as she was licensed in good standing (which Vanessa was until 04/15) during the apprentice's relavent practical experience.  Similarly, Vanessa's malpractice suit will not reflect on Jill as she was not named as a responsible party in the lawsuit.

Rant over. 

Not to mention that we don't hear a peep from them about Pakistani and Egyptian Christians being discriminated against and killed by ISIS. If persecution of Christians extends beyond "what do you mean gay and transgender people have as much right to live their lives as they please as I do?", and/or affects Christians who are even a slightly darker skin tone than them, they don't give a dead moose's last shit.

Just so you know, you're going to be my spirit animal if I ever have another pregnancy and birth. :pb_lol:

ETA: You'd never find me in an Olive Garden though because they don't qualify as Italian food. So spaketh the wench of an Italian-descended former Brooklynite, who hath a bad case of Italian food snobbery. 

Dear God, I hope not. If she's doing anything then I hope it would be as a support person for someone who wants her there - so more like a Doula role than anything.

Exactly. I'm even hesitant to give Ben praise. I'm glad he's spent time with FLAME and other likes hip-hop but even nice white people who voted for Obama and swear they aren't racist so have some dangerous racist beliefs. Plus, he's surrounded by assholes Ike his confederate flag, Islamaphobic, blue lives matter sister and Cathy Dillard Byrum.

I will reevaluate when he voices understanding about systemic racism, and realizes how it's connected to other 'isms' (classism, xenophobia, neo-colonialism, queerphobia, women's rights etc)Hopefully he will grow to be more aware and a true ally. He's the only one that shows remote promise. 

Well said. I will give him credit for making the effort this time. It can be difficult for even the most open minded and liberal white person to be a good ally... and even more difficult for someone of Ben's upbringing. If he continues trying to learn and evolve then that's fantastic (and will hopefully rub off on his wife and sons.)

Still give him and the Duggars no credit for the Pulse posts though. You don't spend years preaching the evils of the Gay Agenda and then turn around and try to latch onto the mourning LGBTQ community to look like you're good people. Fucking assholes.

Off topic, I never saw the first season of counting on and have it on in the background while I pack for moving. Had no clue Jeremy is in the second episode as part of Ben's baby food making shenanigans. So far, Derick's baby food ideas are terrifying me. Aye aye aye.

This "feud" situation is hilarious. When folks start subtweeting and sending covert messages in the name of the Lord, that is when their petty has hit rock bottom.

I wonder if the rumors hold any merit. If so, what could have gone down to cause these two to go at it? Jeremy may have been negligent in his words. However, if his sermon was directed toward Derrick, what place does he have to criticize? One could comment on the low membership at his church. He basically pesters his neighbors to leave their faith to join his.

Not taking a side, but I am not sure if he has the right to come at things from that direction.

7 hours ago, cascarones said:

Off topic, I never saw the first season of counting on and have it on in the background while I pack for moving. Had no clue Jeremy is in the second episode as part of Ben's baby food making shenanigans. So far, Derick's baby food ideas are terrifying me. Aye aye aye.

Yup, everyone always speculates about possible courtships and rightfully so. They had like many random people there but felt the need to give Jeremy a talking head piece? 

I feel like since the success in ratings with Jill/Jessa's courtship/marriage/births, the producers are smart to slide potential partners in episodes so fans can speculate. I'm like 100 percent confident that they knew of Austin, Kendra, and Jeremy before it was announced. Like the randomness of the "friend mechanic pastor caldwell".

They just make sure to profit off it correctly, by teasing a special announcement before an episode and people magazine exclusive. 

21 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

I'm like 100 percent confident that they knew of Austin, Kendra, and Jeremy before it was announced. Like the randomness of the "friend mechanic pastor caldwell".

Well yeah, of course. They always start filming the courtships long before they're ever announced.

On 6/15/2017 at 11:49 AM, MadameOvary said:

I admit to having a soft spot for Ben. He is very young and bound to say and do stupid things as young people often do. But he appears generally good-natured, and it seems his mind isn't entirely closed (yet). So there is hope.

If Jeremy helps Jinger break away from the family, that is something. But other than that, I don't find him likable in any way. Derick - let's not even go there.

Ben makes me think of a little boy who didn't expect his crush to say yes, and is now trying to grow up.  How fundy was his family before they drove him a long way to stalk his TV crush?

Jeremy looks to me like he was after a trophy wife.

Derick may be the worst of all.  Jill doesn't look happy, and he doesn't care.  Because MAN.  PENIS.  Woman, shut up and make sammich in South America.  If he respected her, he wouldn't keep her in a place with zika while pregnant.

On 6/15/2017 at 0:59 PM, Daisy0322 said:

Ben I don't think is naturally closed minded. I think it will be a very slow drawn out process but over time I think they could branch out quite a bit. Always religious, but I could see them letting their kids have more normal lives and listening to different types of music. I think jessa actually is turning out  to be the best mom so far IMO. In earlier episodes I thought she seemed like she felt like the sister mom business was BS and i could see her trying to be better than that. 

Ben seems like he could be that cool video gaming dad, and who would have thought Jessa would be such a good mom so into her kids?  I'm glad she is.  Maybe not being mothered herself has her wanting to do better for her kids.

On 6/15/2017 at 7:45 AM, Exjw2015deed said:

I still can't believe that only ben posted something about the southern baptist church shooting with Dylan roof. I remember checking all their social media and there was silence. How could they not write anything their fellow Christians who were murdered during a bible study?

Because black people aren't really whole people.  Duh.  They're, I dunno, 3/5 of a person or something.

On 6/14/2017 at 0:27 PM, CreatedToBeACritic said:

I actually think Ben did take some of the criticism to heart, I remember him tweeting about something very liberal and supporting it, though I'm not sure what it was. Someone else, a self-identified Christian, commented that it wasn't something Ben should be promoting.  I know very vague, I'm sorry! I just explicitly remember being surprised he supported something liberal. Of everyone Bessa seems the most 'free' couple but who knows what goes on behind closed doors!

oh and thank y'all for the welcome!

You know it is a little odd that Bessa would stay the closest to home, but seems the most free. Maybe because she has free babysitters and opinions? I had assumed that Derick took Jill to CA to get out from JimBob's thumb.

There was a law (I think the Jackie Gleason law?) that parents had to keep X amount of money from payment of child actors to keep in a separate account until those children were of age...
Wouldn't that also apply to reality tv? Maybe check on those Plus 8 kids?

15 minutes ago, Breaking Good said:

You know it is a little odd that Bessa would stay the closest to home, but seems the most free. Maybe because she has free babysitters and opinions? I had assumed that Derick took Jill to CA to get out from JimBob's thumb.

Jill is also clearly JB's favorite, but she seems the most depressed... 
Apart from the little lost girls--but I'm thinking they're plotting escapes.

The timing of the Derick Jill move would lead you to believe it was JB and the Josh scandal but I really think it was always Derick's plan.

Jill does seem miserable but I'm not 100% sure that wouldn't be the case anywhere. She generally seems out of her depth. 

I agree with you Gracie that Jill is likely depressed. I wonder if Derick isn't as well, he may have been first actually. I losing his dad, his mom going through cancer, etc. were certainly hard on him and he did a hard left straight into crazy cult religion (he may always have been fundie lite but this is next level). Additionally, seeking adventure and variety is often a way people with depression make themselves feel better. 

I literally don't even think there is a feud. Jeremy's sermon (which I have listened to) sounds a lot like many other sermons I've heard from other Reformed pastors. He even mentions the Piper stuff, which is ironic, since I heard Piper (in person) preach the same message to college students. (And my notes from that conference are not with me at the moment.) There was definitely some crossover from Jeremy's sermon and other sermons, I also think the Nepal comment was in reference to how cheap it is to fly to Nepal ($800, he said). So yeah, shade...not so much. Instagram following? Also not a sign, to me anyway.

On 6/12/2017 at 5:00 AM, JesSky03 said:

Maybe she is someone who gets cold easily? Yesterday it was 86 degrees out but we had the central air running so in the house I was under a blanket. I also usually bring a sweater with me wherever we go in summer in case the place is freezing. 

same you must be my Doppleganger 

3 hours ago, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

There was a law (I think the Jackie Gleason law?) that parents had to keep X amount of money from payment of child actors to keep in a separate account until those children were of age...
Wouldn't that also apply to reality tv? Maybe check on those Plus 8 kids?

It's the Jackie Coogan law and is only enforcable for non-reality shows ie. series TV, movies, specials in which the children appear as actors. Trusts MUST be set up for child actors. Khate claims that she's set up trusts for the 8, but with her, who knows? Same goes for Boob and his brood. I hope he's set them up well; there's no show without the freakshow nature of having 19 kids. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived