IGNORED

Jinjer: Throwing Shade since April 9, 2017

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, jerkit said:

People in the comments on IG are screeching "baby bump" again. Girlfriend is super thin with a super flat belly. Am I just blind or are they seeing things?

You are not blind. While we have no way of knowing whether Jinger is expecting or not. She is not looking any different than she has been over the past year. The fans are rabid and baby crazy. 

I go back and forth between expecting their announcement (when they have something to announce) to be timed for TLC, or JinJer just saying the hell with it and announcing whenever they want. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She does look like the outfit would be too warm but we have a problem in Texas that the hotter it gets outside the colder people make the ac. I love hangin out in sixty degree theaters and restaurants when it is over a hundred outside but I am really warm natured. Most women just opt for layers but maybe Jinger has yet to learn this?  The flip side is that when the high is below freezing everywhere cranks the heat up to eighty. 

On the no gutters thing... Not uncommon. Different soil types, weather patterns, and such mean that some structural foundations in Texas do better without gutters. I had a house on one side of DFW that needed gutters while living on the other side of the metroplex we were better without them. That building does need some work though. At least clean up the paint! 

Have to admit I was slightly worried that Jill announced the baby name last week because we would be getting another "bigger" announcement on season premier day. I expected it to be a pregnancy announcement from Jinger. Fingers crossed, but so far I'm wrong. 

Interesting. Just went to see double check that they were airing tonight and my TiVo schedule doesn't list the show. In its time slot (actually from 9pm to 12am) it just says "TLC Programing." Could just be an issue with my TiVo or provider, but is anyone else seeing this? Could someone have done this on purpose to hurt ratings? Intervention from Rufus?

6 hours ago, louisa05 said:

As someone whose hair apparently invites meddling, can I just say that I think it is not helpful or polite to tell other people what they should or should not do with their hair? 

Agreed. But you could also argue that it's impolite for people to tell other people what they should or should not do with their outfits, their cooking (or lack of it), their family size, their marriage, their money, their children's outfits, their education, or their uterus. In which case, FreeJinger would have at least 50% less activity. Free speech, free forum I guess.

4 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I had little say in my hair until I moved out of my parents' house. My mother was rabid about my hair. She kept it in a pixie until I was in double digits. After that, it was only allowed to be marginally longer than pixie until I was in my mid-teens.

I had little say about my hair..until I turned 8.My mother agreed to let me do what I wanted with my hair.I had a pixie until I was 8.I still hate short hair,on me,today.My grandmother got in on the criticize Melon's hairstyle when I was 19.I had long waist length hair.She'd tell me it was unprofessional,that it didn't look good...etc etc.Even as an adult,my mother would visit and try to convince me to go to the salon and get some short,short hairstyle.She asked why,one time...I told her it was because of the pixie I was forced to have ,until I was 8.That just made her mad.

4 hours ago, punkiepie said:

After I ate, I went back up for seconds and he was like, what are you doing?  I told him I was getting a few more things that weren't on my plate and he said that I didn't need those things, his mom said they weren't healthy.

D'argh - what is it with Fundy mamas and over-controlling food. ...memories of ex MIL number 1 and how much I'm looking forward to dancing on her grave!

...I've been re-reading a murder novel my mum wrote (it is fictional I hasten to add). It's very cathartic.

18 minutes ago, melon said:

Even as an adult,my mother would visit and try to convince me to go to the salon and get some short,short hairstyle.

Same. Until the day she died, she never stopped bitching about my hair.

I really thought there was going to be a pregnancy announcement today. Not because of how Jinger looks or anything. But because of that dumb promo on TLC. I guess they could be waiting to announce until before that episode airs but they usually announce stuff right before the season starts wherin they will announce whatever the news is on the show. Makes me think shes not pregnant which is fine but it would make that teaser particularly stupid. So the scenes going to be "so are you pregnant?" jinger makes a suggestive facial expression then says no? Seems like a weird thing to have on the show and to endlessly tease on the promo. Unless shes going to say "no im on the pill actually" . Hahaha just kidding. 

25 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

I really thought there was going to be a pregnancy announcement today. Not because of how Jinger looks or anything. But because of that dumb promo on TLC.

I've never understood their logic on this. They seem to always announce things before it airs. Isn't that the opposite of building suspense? Like wouldn't it make more sense to just say they have a HUUUUGE announcement, & tune in to learn more? I mean that would drive us all even more nuts of course, but just seems counter intuitive...

33 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Same. Until the day she died, she never stopped bitching about my hair.

Mine is still alive and is still bitching about my hair. Why does it matter? She forced me to cut my hair every summer until I put my foot down at 15. Yet the bitching continues. 

My mom always loved my hair because it had some curl to it and her hair was stick straight. When she got cancer and I shaved her head a neighbor said I should shave mine as well and my mom shouted 'No! I love her hair!' Part of why I keep it long and blonde is because that's how she liked it best. I miss her so much and I try to find little ways to keep her with me. I'm sorry some of you have hair harassment :(

I see I've missed some lively discussion!

My mom stopped deciding what I would do with my hair after I told her I wanted to grow it out when I was 7 or 8 years old. Her only words (that I remember) were, "Okay, but you have to take care of it." That was the end of her input. I never wanted to dye my hair (and never have, to this day) so I'm not sure how she would have reacted to that. I'm guessing she wouldn't have cared.

My hair is curly and fine and I have a lot of it. As I'm far too lazy to spend an hour or more straightening it, there's literally nothing I can do with it in the summer except put it up. I feel Jinger's pain on this one. Even if she did cut it shorter it might still be difficult to deal with unless she wants to style it daily.

5 minutes ago, CharlieInCharge said:

Part of why I keep it long and blonde is because that's how she liked it best. I miss her so much and I try to find little ways to keep her with me.

That's so sweet. *big hugs*

With my daughter I kept her hair reasonably short up until she was old enough to have a view which was around 2.5-3 years old. She now has longish hair because she wants her hair to be long like mom's and Elsa's but her hair doesn't grow very fast. My son is 10 months and still doesn't have enough hair to have a real hair cut yet but I plan to instead keep his hair longer than average for a boy until he has a view about it. I am doing this so that they can feel free to have any hair cut as older children/adults as they will already have had a short/long hair cut at one point in their life. 

I had barely any hair until I was about 14/15 months. Then POOF red hair. My aunt used to cut it and it was quite short until I was 5/6, then I kept it long (well, boob length) until I was 15. My hair's curly/frizzy and used to get so tangled. Going to the hairdresser was an ordeal. I then got it cut to shoulder length and it is so much easier to deal with.

I think everyone's giving Jeremy waaaay too much credit in his ability to identify what crappy missionaries Jill and Derrick are. I think it's so obvious to us, and we want so badly for there to be dramaz between the duggars, that we're projecting our beliefs onto him.  All the things he said in his mission sound like stories Derrick and Jill told him about the other missionaries. And Jeremy is describing those missionaries without realizing the irony (that he's actually describing what we all think his in laws do). But I bet that to him, Jill and Derrick seem legit. They work for sos (where he seems to have met jinger), were "sent" by cross church (even if not as official missionaries) and I bet he doesn't think they're ill prepared. 

Also the "shade" about not including Derrick in his Instagram post?? Uh, what about all of his other brother in laws? I didn't see jd or Josiah in that post - so how is he only throwing shade at Derrick??

My mom haaaaaates my hair. She has this weird opinion that women over 25 shouldn't have long hair. My sister and I both have long hair and my mom whines about it all the damn time. 

So would Jinger of the Dugger children to get married be the longest without announcing a pregnancy? She's been married what 7 months now?

14 minutes ago, jerkit said:

My mom haaaaaates my hair. She has this weird opinion that women over 25 shouldn't have long hair. My sister and I both have long hair and my mom whines about it all the damn time. 

My grandmother had that opinion ,too,Jerkit.And my mother.I lived with my grandmother when  I was going to a secretarial school,she insisted that I start looking for work.I had interviews but never got a secretarial job..I didn't have enough experience,she said it was because of my long hair,or because  I wore perfume..she ask why I did not get the jobs then come up with her own reasons why I didn't get them.

9 minutes ago, infooverload said:

So would Jinger of the Dugger children to get married be the longest without announcing a pregnancy? She's been married what 7 months now?

Girl has been busy exploring pants. 

10 minutes ago, jerkit said:

She has this weird opinion that women over 25 shouldn't have long hair.

My grandmother and to a certain extent my mom think the same way! It was like somewhere between 22-25 I was supposed to get a "grown up" haircut. One time I commented that I thought a lady in town who was about 75 had some of the prettiest hair I'd ever seen and grandma totally went off! Apparently, according to grandma, women of 75 with pencil straight hair shouldn't have a slightly longer than chin length bob. "It looks ridiculous! Does she think she is a teenager or something!?" I pointed out that it was a great cut for her face shape and hair type and that the woman would look horrible with a layered cut like grandma thought every woman of a certain age should have. Grandma's response? "Well then she should just get a perm because that cut is inappropriate!"

Grandma had that soft, fine, white hairthat I pray I get when older and it looked great in the shorter cuts.

The last time I saw grandma before she died I had my hair twisted back in a clip. She was out if it enough to not see the clip. In the last five minutes of conversation she actually said "By the way, I really like your haircut. It really suits your face and age." I just said "thanks" and changed the subject.

I don't remember not picking my own style. Mom says I always fought even letting her brush me so she got frustrated and let dad fight me from the time I got hair 15 months) on.  He didn't care and let me be in control! Between the curls and the cowlicks I do better with at least shoulder length for the weight but not more than six or so inches past that or it is just too much and a frizzy tangled mess. My mom's hair is 75% black with a wave and the rest is a very wiry grey that goes everywhere. She would look awesome wih a mid length style but has her mom's voice stuck in her head or something and does the "grown up" layered thing.

I am always very thankful that my mom never placed a lot of emotional value on my hair. She kept it short when I was little so it was easier to manage. I had regular hair cuts, no big deal. I once cut off several chunks of hair, no big deal. As soon as I was old enough to care for it myself, she let me choose. I kept it long for years, but played around with different styles and temporary hair color. I cut if short when I was 15, and have kept between shoulder and chin length ever since. I think about growing it out sometimes, but the short/layered style works really well with my round face.

36 minutes ago, flycat said:

She may have got confused on the baby making instructions to get into HIS pants ;)

2 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Don'tcha know - you can't get pregnant when you're wearing pants... Which kinda goes against their defrauding thing, but I digress.

6 hours ago, punkiepie said:

Oh, I really did.  I should also mention that he was an able bodied senior in high school with no dietary restrictions.  When I was still on the fence about him, there was a potluck dinner after church- the IFB love them some potlucks!  And when I sat down, he brought over a plate he had already made for me.  I was like, ok, well i guess that's sweet...  After I ate, I went back up for seconds and he was like, what are you doing?  I told him I was getting a few more things that weren't on my plate and he said that I didn't need those things, his mom said they weren't healthy.  Which, I mean, was true- I wanted a piece of fried chicken and chocolate cake, but I didn't need or want some guy telling me that vis-a-vis his mommy!  And that was the end of that. 

That sounds like something an ex of mine and his mom would have done. except he was 30 and they were not fundies. I was 8 years younger than him and felt like the more mature one. We went shopping one day because he wanted new shoes...he told his mother this before leaving the house (still lived at home and still does 15 years later) and she went through the store circular and told him what to buy. He ended up picking a different pair he liked better that were $10 more. His mother took the shopping bag to inspect the shoes, then screamed at him because they were not the ones she told him to buy and forced him to return them.  We dated for two years, towards the end she had started to try and control me as well, lecturing me that going to concerts and out to dinner was a waste of money and she didn't want me doing that. That was my breaking point. I knew he would never be able to stand up to her and break free from her control. Sadly I was right.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived