IGNORED

Lori Alexander 20: Evil and Hateful as Ever

It's so weird that she thinks onnky eating salads is actually healthy. You can make them healthy, but too much of a good thing is always bad.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm also going to call her Aunt Lori now since she wishes Gilead were a reality.

Can someone who actually has a good knowledge of the Bible help me out here?

Where does it say in the Bible that men are sinning if they are not the sole providers of their homes? (Lori seems to think this).

Where does it say in the Bible that sex between a husband and wife who are using birth control makes it sex the same spiritually as homosexual acts? (a commenter on her blog).

I'm confused. Thanks.

1 minute ago, KDA said:

Where does it say in the Bible that men are sinning if they are not the sole providers of their homes? (Lori seems to think this).

Where does it say in the Bible that sex between a husband and wife who are using birth control makes it sex the same spiritually as homosexual acts? (a commenter on her blog).

I'm confused. Thanks.

It doesn't say either anywhere in the Bible. There you go. :) 

8 minutes ago, EowynW said:

It doesn't say either anywhere in the Bible. There you go. :) 

Thank you! That's what I thought. But because Lori has to "approve" all the comments on her blog, and she claims to be so godly and know her Bible so well, I thought perhaps I hadn't read that part. Glad to know I haven't! 

Here's more advice on drugs from Lori who is not a physician:

God does promise us a "sound mind." I do believe drugs can take away a sound mind since one of the side effects of many of the mind altering drugs is depression and suicide.

Since Lori is now into medical research, watch out for her post on depression:

I have a post going out this week about skyrocketing depression in women. I have found some interesting things in studying this. Something is definitely going wrong to cause this in such increasing numbers.

According to Lori, having low hormones is not related to depression:

Up until January before hormone replacement, my hormones were extremely low, in fact almost life-threatening low because my pituitary was dying. My Naturopath even said some were lower than she'd ever seen yet I had no problems with depression at all.

Hormones do not cause depression because Lori (almost) do not have both:

Everyone talks about hormones being a cause of depression. I had almost NO hormones for about five months before hormone replacement and yes, I could tell my body was not thriving and something was terribly wrong with me, but I had NO depression.

Lori admitted that she took pain medication, but she won't advise people to take drugs for depression:

I just know that my master hormone gland is dying or dead and many times I have had to take my thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ. One time I was on a pain med that gave me depression, I recognized it right away and got quickly off of it. I do know drugs can cause depression and suicidal thoughts this is why I grieve inside when I hear someone is going on them for mental problems. 

Lori has no confidence in psychiatrists:

All psychiatrists know is prescribing harmful drugs. 

If someone disagrees with Lori, she just replies with this:

Do you not believe that God gives us a "sound mind"

It seems to me that Lori can be a major cause of depression to other people just by being herself.

25 minutes ago, KDA said:

I'm confused. Thanks.

The second one (about contracepted sex) is not in the Bible, and is in no way a universal Christian teaching. It has some resemblance to certain teachings in Roman Catholic "big T" Tradition. It's connected like this: (1) Homosexual acts are considered forbidden, also, homosexual acts are non-procreative. So, maybe they are forbidden because they are non-procreative. (2) Contraception is forbidden because it renders heterosexual sex into a non-procreative sexual act. (3) Since they are both forbidden, and get are both non-procreative, therefore this commenter has mis-interpreted and over-simplified them into being "the same" as each other.

The first one is a misunderstanding of a Bible passage (the error is called "proof-texting") that actually exists. What really happened is that, "Once, long ago..." there was a congregation of new-ish Christians whose founding leader went away and left them. He left them believing that Jesus would return from heaven to radically alter the world -- making everything new, different, and better. Somehow, these Christians got to thinking he meant 'sometime really soon' and they began making irresponsible life choices. They quit their occupations and began to suffer hardship as time dragged on. This, of course, made them a bit of a joke to their neighbours -- who certainly took their occupations obligations very seriously.

Their absentee leader heard about this mix-up and wrote them a letter. He cleared up the idea that 'Jesus can come any time he wants to' never really did mean anything like 'count on him coming right away'. He told them not to make fools of themselves in public if they really wanted 'unbelievers' to give the proclaimation of Jesus any credit at all. They needed to get back to work, and take their family obligations seriously. In this way, they could be seen, at least, as respect-worthy people by their neighbours.

So, you see *these* people received a letter that said, 2 Thes 3:10 "For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: 'The one who is unwilling to workshall not eat.'"

A similar (but not identical) sutuation gave rise to 1 Tim 5:8 "Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever." (Old translations said, "Any man who does not provide...")

This is part of the instructions for how a church (just a group of people) can deal with needy members. Even though needy people may apply to their church community and expect to be 'treated like family' -- this is only for very limited cases. It's expected that if the needy person actually *is* your relative, that *you* would (as a respectable person) take care of your own relatives -- not lay the burden on the church at large.

Together, as "proof texts" these verses may seem to lead where Lori goes -- but, in a twist of irony, they are actually both part of a major theme in Paul's letters: that outsiders will respect the gospel better if Christians behave respectably and meet the their social obligations. Christians 'piously' falling below the basic standards and expectations that "unbelievers" had for themselves was never acceptable to Paul. He would not tolerate his followers making Jesus look foolish in the eyes of the "unbelievers" he came to "save".

Lori is an unreliable historian where weight is concerned.  I think the only things we can know for sure are:

1) She lies.

2) She's obsessed with weight.

Lori (Feb. 2014)

I was overweight in college.  I admit I was a glutton.  My college friends and I would go on eating binges at least once a week and eat until we were sick!

Lori (May 2015)

I haven’t had a weight problem ever in my life, but I have had trouble gaining weight

Ugh, the "God promises a sound mind" is utter bunk and makes me rage. With all of the research that's been done and continues to be done on the genetic components of mental illness, you'd think she'd retract that belief. Heck, one of the first questions practitioners ask is about one's family history of mental illness. There are small children with schizophrenia--why didn't God give them a sound mind? 

The brain is a complicated, complex organ. Lori should know that by now. We're just beginning to understand the brain and what causes mental illness. It's cruel of her to suggest that people are responsible for their genetic predispositions. We can't choose our parents. 

2 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Ugh, the "God promises a sound mind" is utter bunk and makes me rage. With all of the research that's been done and continues to be done on the genetic components of mental illness, you'd think she'd retract that belief. Heck, one of the first questions practitioners ask is about one's family history of mental illness. There are small children with schizophrenia--why didn't God give them a sound mind? 

The brain is a complicated, complex organ. Lori should know that by now. We're just beginning to understand the brain and what causes mental illness. It's cruel of her to suggest that people are responsible for their genetic predispositions. We can't choose our parents. 

Absolutely! Any yet again we see that Lori the "godly mentor" and "teacher" can't successfully interpret her way out of a paper bag. (1) There is a difference between moral exhortation and "a promise". This is not a promise. (2) There is a difference between "us" and the original recipients of a scriptural document. In some cases passages do apply to both groups -- but "we" are not directly in view. (3) The quote is describing the attributes of "the Spirit God gives us" (his spiritual presence is believed to indwell Christians). It does not make any reference to the mental status of the person who is in that relationship with that Spirit.

So: Even if it was a "promise" (it's not), and even if it was a promise made "to us" (it wasn't), it still describes God's spiritual presence as a reliable inner companion in times of distress (such as depression). It does not remotely imply that "our" minds can't/shouldn't experience depression. 

On the Feminism = barrenness post:

commenter says: 

I think since we never can truly know what is going on in other people’s homes and lives we cannot judge about family size. We limited ourselves to two kids because that was all I could handle physically pregnancy and birthwise. It’s also all we can handle financially just scraping by providing healthcare, food, clothing, etc. It’s also all we can handle emotionally & mentally as we homeschool both kids full time on top of managing a farm, making ends meet and investing in our marriage. We are perfectly content with our decision and made it after a lot of prayer and consideration.

Lori:

Where comes trusting in the Lord and His provision? If every couple only has two children, as is happening, it spells disaster for the culture. I will teach the truth of the Word which is that God loves children and He had no part in the creation of birth control but then each couple needs to determine what to do with it. I certainly don’t go around judging individual families but I do teach the truth of God’s Word for any who want to listen.

Lori, who also used birth-control because of her health. 

Commenter:

We do trust the Lord. And with his help we faithfully meet every bill and need. But to have more children would severely hurt my physically and push my husband into working two jobs to survive, and that is a life neither of us want and would be terrible for our marriage and our current children that we are trying to raise and educate.

Lori:

This is why I hate birth control. It “allows” couples to decide how many children they want and how many “they” can afford instead of trusting God with these eternal treasures that He calls blessings. With so many Christians deciding to prevent His blessings, this world is suffering without their influence.

Lori, didn't you just say this in response to a question regarding having children when it would be harmful for the mother's health?

this is something each couple has to commit to pray and make their own decision. Many others decide to not take the risk and have more children. It’s your choice.

Why do you think it's not ok to make that choice based on other circumstances? 

To end her reply she quotes Psalm 127:5.

“Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.” 

This is not a mandate to go out and  have lots of children. It's a mere observation. For your information, there are a lot of large christian families that suffer shame and the closest they get to speaking with enemies in the gate trying to defend themselves from bailiffs, creditors and the police at their front door, which  I wouldn't consider to be a blessing. 

To have or not have children is a personal choice, and would remain so even if this verse should be interpreted as a promise or even an exhortation.  The people who would miss out on the blessings would be the parents, right?  

On a different note, if Lori loves children so much, what is she doing about the millions of children growing up in poverty? What is she doing for the orphans?  And the widows who need to raise children on her own?  I wouldn't advise that Ken and Lori adopted children, but they could sponsor them.  I'd be interested in knowing what Lori actually does to help relieve the awful circumstances of some children's lives.  Then I'll believe her talk about children being a blessing. 

27 minutes ago, onemama said:

On a different note, if Lori loves children so much, what is she doing about the millions of children growing up in poverty? What is she doing for the orphans?  And the widows who need to raise children on her own?  I wouldn't advise that Ken and Lori adopted children, but they could sponsor them.  I'd be interested in knowing what Lori actually does to help relieve the awful circumstances of some children's lives.  Then I'll believe her talk about children being a blessing. 

Naaah. Remember that time she Googled 'starving children America' and couldn't find any pictures so decided there are no needy children in America. 

Also there is no such thing as overpopulation because she looked out of a plane once and saw empty fields. 

FB comment on the weight loss video:

This is a shaming and triggering video and I'm sorry I stumbled across it. Temperance is one thing but please don't pretend to be a health expert when you're not. There are many people who struggle with eating disorders (active or passive) that are triggered by SHAME. This is NOT the way to get people to eat moderately, it's a recipe for increased disordered eating. You like to be on the lighter side? Why? Is that because that's what society has told you your husband thinks is attractive? Do you have a duty to be attractive to your husband before loving your body for the way it is? The way God designed it? You spent your whole life struggling for 8 pounds? And that's a good thing? I don't think so. Not a good message to tell to girls, wives, anyone. If you have things that work for you, keep them to yourself, but the number of calories you eat is not enough for a woman in the midst of childbearing. I'm sorry that this is your attitude. Let's use some common sense and loving mercy and see the differences between yourself and Paul. You are a wife and mother, you're not starting the Catholic Church, so let's just take a step back. You need to live your vocation the best you can and that means eating enough to sustain yourself and your health, but not letting it consume your thinking (the way it seems to have yours) so it gets in the way of living out that vocation. NO ONE ON THIS THREAD IS A BAD PERSON BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT. End rant.

So my husband and I watch the evil Joyce Meyer in the morning, and this morning I noticed the biggest difference between her and Lori.

Joyce's message was about how God created us in his image and knows us. He created our inmost being and formed us in our mother's womb. God made us how He wanted us, so don't focus on body parts you don't like (sure, exercise and try to eat right, but don't worry about how big your nose is or what color your eyes are).

She also said no matter what we go through here on Earth or how badly others treat us. God loves us and wants a relationship with us. Christ died so we can have that relationship. 

Now when have we ever known Lori to send such an encouraging message?   She would just say that anything uplifting or positive is sugar coating.  She drives me nuts.  

BTW:. Joyce has also said to be respectful and not nag your husband. So I guess Lori would like that, but Joyce can say it without coming across as a witch.

1 hour ago, BlackSheep said:

FB comment on the weight loss video:

Looks like this is gone.  Josh commented that fat shaming is good and that his mom called him fat everyday and he appreciated it looking back. I don't see that comment now either.

But this:

Heidi Woolard That eating plan sounds fantastic! I think I will try to do something similar. I was wondering if you cook separately for your husband or if he eats salads each night too.

The Transformed Wife Heidi Woolard yes, he eats a huge salad every night though with lots of roasted chicken on it.

So I was listening to the pop station this morning (I normally listen to country) and I have heard "That's what I like" by Bruno Mars several times but I really thought about some of the lyrics this morning. Many of the items I bet he really doesn't like but is doing it for the girl. The sad thing is Lori and her ilk can never image a man doing something for his wife just because the wife likes it. For example, my husband doesn't really like the parade of homes (new homes you get to tour all over the county for 1 week). I like it, I get new ideas, I get to see houses I will never be invited too and I get to see some practical design on what to do with normal space. My husband goes with me for a day because he knows I like to do it.

Back to Bruno Mars, if you don't know the lyrics here are some of them (spoiler for space)

Spoiler

I'm talkin' trips to Puerto Rico
Say the word and we go
You can be my freaka
Girl, I'll be a fleeko, mamacita
I will never make a promise that I can't keep
I promise that your smile ain't gon' never leave
Shopping sprees in Paris
Everything 24 karats
Take a look in that mirror
Now tell me who's the fairest
Is it you? (is it you?) Is it me? (is it me?)
Say it's us (say it's us) and I'll agree, baby

Jump in the Cadillac, girl, let's put some miles on it
Anything you want, just to put a smile on it
You deserve it baby, you deserve it all
And I'm gonna give it to you

Gold jewelry shining so bright
Strawberry champagne on ice
Lucky for you, that's what I like, that's what I like
Sex by the fire at night
Silk sheets and diamonds all white

[Bridge]
If you say you want a good time
Well here I am baby, here I am baby
Talk to me, talk to me, talk to me
Tell me what's on your mind (what's on your mind)
If you want it, girl come and get it
All this is here for you
Tell me, baby, tell me, tell me, baby
What you tryna do

Given what Lori tells us she eats, I cannot see how she is 5 lbs overweight.  Although I'm sure what she means is 5 lbs over what she wants to weigh.  Not overweight by medical definition.

Years ago I had a GYN (young and female) who was very thin (I mean seriously thin). She had taken over for my old GYN. On our first  (and only)  meeting, prior to asking me anything about my eating habits, exercise, etc, she handed me a diet sheet. Then she went into her spiel that she recommends, nay demands, all of her patients be at least 10 lbs underweight, preferably 15.

This made us healthier if not pregnant, and meant that taking the weight off after pregnancy would be easier as  the mother would emerge at a normal weight and then take off the extra 15.   Oh yes, she was one of those doctors who demand that women only gain 15 lbs during pregnancy, 18 at the absolute most (2 lbs/9 months).

She told me i should lose about 50 lbs, because I was short and therefore would always look heavier than I was if I wasn't at least 20 lbs underweight. The words morbidly obese were used, She handed me the contact info for a gym and a nutritionist.  At the time I needed to lose about 20 lbs. and no one in my life,thought I looked obese ( including my weight conscious mother). Mr Dress thought I was sexy as hell. 

I was there for my annual check up, so went ahead with it, but found a new doctor immediately afterward.  I also, in front of the doctor, ripped up the gym/ nutritionist info and threw it away as I left the exam room.

TL: DR  Lori would have loved this woman as she was exactly the type of weight monitor to the world Lori is

@Red Hair, Black Dress I wonder if the doctor had personal issues with weight. There was a woman I knew in college who was pre-med and had huge issues with weight and disordered eating, if not an eating disorder. She would eat iceberg lettuce sprinkled with granola for most meals in the cafeteria and only eat it with her fingers. All she drank was water. A friend of mine dated her for a few months and was given the ground rule at the outset that she did not do dinner dates or any kind of date that involved food. 

She became a pediatrician. Last time I saw her was about 12 years ago, I ran into her, her husband and their child at a restaurant where the husband and child were having a meal while she drank a glass of iced tea and ate nothing. She was still extremely thin. I had to wonder who in their right mind takes their children to a pediatrician with an eating disorder and if it affects how she handles weight issues with patients. 

My aunt and uncle knew her family for years from their church. Her father recently died and they said she wandered around the church hall during the luncheon after the services and no one ever saw her eating. Several of the older church members have observed it for years, so there was some chatter about it. I have to wonder at this point how she is even still alive as we graduated from college over 20 years ago. I wouldn't think a human body could subsist on next to nothing for that long. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Looks like this is gone.  Josh commented that fat shaming is good and that his mom called him fat everyday and he appreciated it looking back. I don't see that comment now either.

But this:

I saw that comment from Josh. Ken replied in a semi-reasonable way saying maybe a little shame is OK, but we still should watch how we speak to our children.  

I personally think that comment from Heidi was a way to get Lori to say whether or not she cooked for Ken. Lori was very vague and did not specify. Maybe Heidi will keep trying. :dance:

Completely ignoring that he and Lori "fat" shamed their daughters into eating body issues.  Those issues acknowledged by the oldest daughter on her recent FB post.

Does anybody else wonder if Lori made that video as a response to comments here?  We were very recently discussing her "portion control" claim because she always claimed she was thin due to her illness. 

@Red Hair, Black Dress That doctor needs some health help. 

As for Lori, based on her own admissions of what she eats, I agree there's no way she's eating enough in a day. A bowl of oatmeal or some yogurt with berries and walnuts for breakfast, a cup of soup for lunch, a salad for dinner, and sometimes putting meat in it or having some cheese or chips to snack. She claims we don't need as many calories as we age, but you still need so many. Lori is quite thin and sickly. A sedentary woman her age still needs at least 1600 calories to maintain while moderately active women her age need minimum 1800 and very active women need 2200. This is for all women age 50-60. Even if she puts in some avocado (1/2 of one) or some chicken or fish at times in her salad or soup, some ghee and and sometimes has a "healthy" chocolate (what's a healthy chocolate vs typical chocolate-organic?), there's no way it's enough. 

I think she has seriously disordered eating, maybe bordering on an eating disorder herself. Also ignoring that she and Ken seem to have created two daughters who admitted to having serious issues with eating and were on the verge of eating disorders themselves. Despite what Ken and Lori think in having raised successful children, it appears most of them have been fucked up in some serious way by them. Near eating disorders, rearing their own children with serious eating issues (Emma with the force feeding when not wanting to eat and forced blanket training to stay away when she did), moving far, far away for their educations. Has Lori ever, even once, said something nice about her children that wasn't to promote an agenda or something she was asked to do? Has she ever praised a child of hers without being prompted to do so? Has she ever, even once, said that she likes her children? That she liked being a mother? That she misses having children at home? Any time she talks about her children, it's always either for an agenda on her blog and it always involves her. She is so strange in how she talks about her own children and grandchildren while claiming everyone should have all the children they can. Yet she doesn't even seem to like her own. 

Most parents would be like, "My eldest daughter, Alyssa, she is an amazing dancer and was always so independent. She went away to dance for an elite school at 18! I remember when she used to twirl about the house as a child." or "My younger son, Steven, he's an dentist and has an adorable baby girl. You want to see pictures? He was always so smart and worked hard in everything and still does. He lives all the way in New York now and I miss him and never get to see him enough." Like, she just doesn't seem that proud of their accomplishments or even care that much about their lives unless it involves her. She has 5 grandchildren, but she only mentions that when it serves her agenda about having lots of babies. If you read her old posts on her old blog, at the start she talked about Emma a lot and somewhat seemed to like her. Then she had a 2nd grandchild and seemed less interested (not about mentioning them as I think Ryan asked her to stop talking about them on her blog) and now she has 3 nearby and when she does mention them, she acts annoyed by them. Perhaps that's what happened to her with her children too. She had Alyssa, then Ryan and two kids she could deal with, but then had Steven and soon after Cassi and quickly became in over her head. 

Also, it's been said, but why on this green Earth does Lori think she has a right to tell anyone to use or not use birth control when she herself sabotaged it proudly to get her way of staying home (not even because she wanted a child really badly, but so she could quit working-bet Ryan feels just so loved) and took birth control herself because of her own health and finances. Yet she tells everyone else that is wrong. You can't be telling others something is wrong when you did it yourself and have the life you have as a result. All the eating out, trips for weeks to Wisconsin or Hawaii, gold Mercedes, the big house in the suburbs, the private schools and Biola U and medical schools, all the vitamins and organic produce and dance and baseball that her children did-forget it all. Had they had a dozen children, does she believe she could have the same lifestyle? Because the answer is no. Neither would her children. No dance for Alyssa or ballet schools in MS, no dental school for Steven, no private high school for her children at a Christian school, no Biola either. She's perfectly happy to sit behind her screen and tell others to do what she didn't or go to hell though she is the exception always. 

All this to say I continue to be amazing by the sheer willful ignorance and hypocrisy that oozes from her. It literally just baffles me. She cannot seriously be that dense, can she? And that people actually seem to not see it and she deletes anyone who points it out says to me that she is aware of her own clear hypocrisy, but gives not one shit. 

8 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Completely ignoring that he and Lori "fat" shamed their daughters into eating body issues.  Those issues acknowledged by the oldest daughter on her recent FB post.

What's her daughter's name? I'm nosy now.

When Aunt Lori says 'This is why I hate birth control. It “allows” couples to decide how many children they want...' why does she put quotation marks around the word 'allows'?  It definitely DOES allow a couple to make those decisions. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and unlocked this topic

Archived