IGNORED

Lori Alexander 20: Evil and Hateful as Ever

21 minutes ago, YourMamaKnew said:

Has anyone been watching "The Handmaid's Tale" on HULU?! OMG The stuff Lori says and believes is that show. I'm telling you, that show, is her wet dream. TERRIFYING. Women are only here for one purpose. Feminism led to this. WOW!!

That's why I now call her Aunt Lori.  

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My ob (who at that time was the head of the ob dept. at a med school that ranked among Harvard, Johns Hopkins and Yale) told me in no uncertain terms that getting pregnant again after my three c sections was essentially playing Russian roulette with my life and the life of the pregnancy. Granted, I'd already had multiple miscarriages and pre eclampsia multiple times, which played a role in his recommendations, but at the same time, c sections cut through the wall of the uterus and leave behind scar tissue. His primary concern was placenta accreta, but uterine rupture is also common. The risk of complications increase with EACH subsequent c section. 

After my third c section (in less than as many years), he cut out quite a bit of scar tissue from the previous two, and it was difficult for me to stand upright for a while. Even today, more than a decade after my last one, if I sneeze wrong or laugh wrong or cough wrong, the pain of the new scar tissue (from pelvic adhesions, a super, super common complication) takes my breath away. 

There isn't a super fancy zipper that opens and closes. There isn't a stretchy vaginal canal in your abdomen. This is major abdominal surgery -- the doctor has to cut through a lot of tissue and muscles and then stitch them back up. And each time you get pregnant and have the surgery again, those muscles and tissues are stretched, and cut and stitched up again.  No fancy cyber knife treatments for us! They use real scalpels, and there's real blood. And afterwards, we get a nice, hip-to-hip gash that's closed with a series of giant, ugly staples. We're told not to pick anything heavier than 10 lbs. up, but then some of us have big babies. It's painful to breastfeed because our bellies hurt, but we don't want to take pain medications because we don't want it going through our breastmilk. Recovery is hard. We're certainly not just up and about the next day or two. And I was one of those c section moms who had a comparatively easy recovery. 

I thank God and medical science for c sections because without them, I'd never have my children, and I'd quite possibly never have survived my oldest son's pregnancy. But they are not easy to go through, and they are major surgery with all its accompanying risks.

Lori doesn't know jack about c sections and what they do to your body and the short- or long-term effects. She seriously needs to shut up. She's not a doctor, and she needs to stop playing one on the Internet.

Some interesting new comments on the barrenness post. 

The thought of more than two kids wears me out mentally. My SIL is on her third in three years and she looks like she's barely hanging onto sanity. Her oldest isn't even potty trained yet.  I just don't want that for myself. I don't love kids that much. I'd love one or two babies of my own but that is it. I don't want a world full of nothing diapers and babies. It makes me want to panic just thinking about it. 

Medical advice that Lori gave:
1. Be pregnant against doctor's advice.
2. Do not vaccinate your children.
3. Do not see a doctor for a fever.
4. Do not use sunscreen.
5. Use black salve for skin cancer.

Of course, she says that she isn't a physician, and you have to do your own research.

Lori does not advise seeking police or medical help if women encounter:
1. Physical abuse
2. Emotional abuse
3. Clinical depression
4. Alcohol/drug addiction
5. Adultery or sexual abuse

Just submit to the husband, pray to God, and suffer in silence.

On The Handmaid's Tale, I read the book only and thought Lori was perfect as Serena Joy. 

I need to find my copy of The Handmaid's Tale...either that or spring for a new copy. 

@onemama, going OT to thank you for your expertise on matters Biblical.

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

I need to find my copy of The Handmaid's Tale...either that or spring for a new copy. 

Watch it on HULU. At first I'm like "this would never happen" and then I remembered Lori's beliefs...and that post she just wrote--people like her would allow it and enforce it to happen. SCARY!

Just now, YourMamaKnew said:

Watch it on HULU. At first I'm like "this would never happen" and then I remembered Lori's beliefs...and that post she just wrote--people like her would allow it and enforce it to happen. SCARY!

Don't have HULU...don't want to pay for it. 

A little off topic - sorry. 

I just checked in at Spiritual Sounding Board. Back in one of the earlier reviews of Lori's book there is a commenter named "Star," who is asked if he/she is the same person who comments as "KAS."  

More recently, a commenter named "Quality" is actually banned for his/her staunch pro-patriarchy comments. Before he/she is banned, however, the blog administrator gives him/her a warning for commenting under two different names. 

I really think all three commenters could be Ken. All of them have that very distinct writing style that includes "could we not...." "Would it not be better, if...?" like Ken usually words his walls of text. Also, this person is really whiny. 

I really REALLY hope it is Ken, mainly because I love the idea of somebody banning him from a blog just like he and Lori ban so many from theirs. 

Is Lori talking smack about c-sections? If she didn't have one & is not a medical professional, she has no business discussing c-sections. Seriously, the recovery from them is not easy. I hate her & her warped views.

Oh my heck she made a weight loss video!!!!!!!! WTF she's never even struggled with it. 

"I struggle with my weight. I was 15 pounds overweight." 

Oh cry me a fucking river. 

3 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Oh my heck she made a weight loss video!!!!!!!! WTF she's never even struggled with it. 

Oh, FFS. I'm reminded of my childhood and all my skinny friends and cousins who ate like a plague of locusts and had backbones that stuck out, while my sisters and I ate less and were always chubby.

"I was 8 pounds underweight. Now I'm 5 pounds over what I'd like to be." 

Oh come on. 

Being 5 pounds overweight means you aren't in control of your flesh. Okay that stings a little bit looking at my 70 pound overweight self. I didn't get this way by it being in control though. My body is wonky. 

She just said she has an eating addiction just because she's 5 pounds overweight. 

Good lord she reminds me of my mom in this video. 

Lori is verbally beating up a very sensible commenter on her barrenness post. 

She relinfs me me of my fundie inlaws who sat us down and said marriage was only for having children. 

sure, I'm addicted to church: Every year i attend the evening service at Christmas and the Resurrection evening service at Easter. That this a pattern. Oh and sometimes I go to church just because. I probably should check myself into rehab. Lori's mean mentoring program will surely cure of all my desires to live a fulfilled and happy life.

How times changes: Lori May 15,2015:

I haven’t had a weight problem ever in my life, but I have had trouble gaining weight

back then she really had something uplifting to say:

Stop listening to experts and do your own research. Ultimately, you have to do what works for you.

Notice she says 5 lbs over what she'd like to be, not 5 lbs over a healthy weight or what her doc recommends.

I have a friend who is definitely anorexic, although she won't admit it, and refuses to listen to anyone who expresses concern.  At 5' 5'' she would like to weight between 85-90 lbs, preferably 85. Her doc wants her at 100 at least.  She usually weighs in at 88-90.

I know this because whenever she gets over 90 lbs, she laments how much she's gained and how her doc wants her to be "fat".  She is about Lori's age and her skin looks exactly like Lori's -- dried, wrinkled, blotchy.

And ,,.. I seem to remember Ken writing somewhere that people should never gain more than 2-4 lbs over their thin weight when married.  If they do as a headship you should call them out on it.

Let's not forget that LoriKen were so focused on their daughters' weight they shamed them for gaining 5 lbs and gave them eating/body issues.

1 minute ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

And ,,.. I seem to remember Ken writing somewhere that people should never gain more than 2-4 lbs over their thin weight when married.  If they do as a headship you should call them out on it.

Oh lordy...if my "headship" called me out on weight gain, he'd be an X-"headship". I've gained about 60 lbs since we got married and hubby hasn't said a word....

28 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Oh lordy...if my "headship" called me out on weight gain, he'd be an X-"headship". I've gained about 60 lbs since we got married and hubby hasn't said a word....

Oh yes. My husband knows better than to say anything about my weight!

25 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I kept 5 souvenir pounds after kid 1, 5 more after kid 2 and another 10 pounds after kid 3. For a total of 20 extra since being married. My husband hasn't said a word. I don't like the way I look so in the last year I have lost about 8 lbs. Now I want to work on my core (all that baby stretching killed my core muscles). Again my husband hasn't said anything. And my husband had been up to around 275 at 1 point in our marriage. I think he is around 245 now. The only think I have said about his size is how bad his health is and when I have tipped toed around that subject to try to say it with love. Which is hard for someone known to be a bit blunt!

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

(snip)

That sort of behavior doesn't make you a headship. It makes you an asshole. 

So. Lori is advising these women to continue having children despite their doctors' being against it and despite unnamed physical limitations on the mothers' part. Yet Lori often says she would have had more children but she was too ill. Trust in the lord for your family planning, unless you are the lazy and selfish Lori Alexander  

Do I have that right?? 

Lori just said on Facebook that Ken really does eat a big salad w/roasted chicken every night. I feel sorry for him. I have to eat gluten and sugar free but I can still cook healthy meals that taste great and aren't always salads. Tonight we are having scrambled eggs and sausage and my spicy pickled green beans. And pancakes for Mr. EW

1 minute ago, EowynW said:

Lori just said on Facebook that Ken really does eat a big salad w/roasted chicken every night. I feel sorry for him. I have to eat gluten and sugar free but I can still cook healthy meals that taste great and aren't always salads. Tonight we are having scrambled eggs and sausage and my spicy pickled green beans. And pancakes for Mr. EW

Pancakes for dinner... yaaaaaassssss

5 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

Pancakes for dinner... yaaaaaassssss

I have a really good gluten and sugar free pancake recipe but we've soejtballl evening sweating (we live in a high humidity area) in the garden and I'm too pooped to make two different batches. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and unlocked this topic

Archived