IGNORED

Joy and Austin: The Wedding Is Over, On to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

33 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Shouldn't the rest of the wedding pics be available online by now?

One would think but I guess now they are holding out for the June 12th special? Or maybe next Monday after the premiere (it is next Monday right?).

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

All the sister bridesmaid pics. Hannie has really shot up!

Shit... either Hannie is wearing some really high heels or she had a major growth spurt. She and Jennie are really growing up. 

Weird how Jeremys sister isn't in that picture. Jessa has her sisters in law and Joy has her brothers wives. 

3 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Shit... either Hannie is wearing some really high heels or she had a major growth spurt. She and Jennie are really growing up. 

Those girls have sad eyes. Every time I see their picture my heart breaks a little bit. And to think they'll be married off and in the same situation as the older sisters in the next 10 years is scary. 

I can't imagine marrying the first person I ever dated. These fundies have the maturity of a 14 year old and then they are thrown into one of the most stressful situations ever by leaving their home and all of a sudden being someone's wife. And then a few months later they get pregnant and have a baby. It's no wonder Jill and Derick look so miserable. I think Jessa got lucky her husband isn't a total douche to her and it seems like Jinger knew Jeremy better before they got married. I know their courtship was short but they seem very natural and comfortable with each other. Hopefully it's like that for Joy and Austin. 

Um wow Hannah must hurt from growing that fast. Or wearing stilettos lol. Look where her head is beside Anna from Jinger's wedding to Joy's. What was that, six months ago? 

11 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Um wow Hannah must hurt from growing that fast. Or wearing stilettos lol. Look where her head is beside Anna from Jinger's wedding to Joy's. What was that, six months ago? 

It looks like Anna had heals on at Jinger's wedding but not Joy's look at how much taller she is than Jill. Anna in flats vs heals is making Hannie look like she's grown that much more.  Though I do imagine she's grown 2 or 3 inches since November. 

22 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Hannie could be in heels, but maybe Anna was at Jinger's, but not this time?

5 hours ago, habert said:

She must cry often and he must not care. 

From what she said, I got the idea he does care but she has trouble articulating what she's upset about.  So he probably just rubs her back to help her feel better.  The fact that she cries so often is likely the problem, not him ignoring it.  Probably she knows telling him she's miserable in SCA isn't keeping sweet.

2 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Honestly, part of this thread makes me feel like the outlier. I lost my virginity at 27 on my wedding night! But the difference is that that was a choice my husband and I made independently; both raised religiously (not fundies), but given the freedom to make our own choices, the knowledge of how to prevent pregnancy if we chose to, and the space to have sex if we decided to as well as to discuss it beforehand. Plus, we'd known each other for literally over a decade at that point, though not romantically involved the whole time. We had the ability to assess each other over time and know we were compatible and had similar worldviews, which is definitely not something these kidults have!

You're not an outlier.  There's a wide range of views on FJ, but a lot of us are quiet about some things :).  I came to a more structured Christian context and belief on my own in my 20s, completely different than my family which was quite liberal.  Waiting till marriage for sex is my value system too.  But I would expect my children to have lots of time unchaperoned with both male and female friends, have platonic friends from the opposite sex, and not be forced into weird courtship rules that are based on fear and an obsession with sex.  Many  Christians (whom you could call conservative) that I've followed allow their kids to have this and expect their kids to be able to set boundaries and follow them when alone.  I had a huge amount of freedom growing up and in college and I knew what boundaries I wanted in relationships and it was never an issue.  I'd trust my kids with a lot of freedom too.  Raise your kids to make responsible decisions, understand that choices have consequences,  to learn from their own mistakes without guilt, and find out who they are through normal peer experiences.  The problem with fundies is they keep kids in a bubble and say "It's evil out there" so the kids never learn how to be strong and make their own decisions from a deep inner place of experience and conviction.  Think Josh and Ashley Mad:  Given some freedom he went berserk because suddenly he wasn't being policed as mercilessly and all that pent-up weird repression exploded.

@NotQuiteMotY
I agree with @trustworthy, a wide variety of life experiences here. I am in my very early 20s, and though not waiting for marriage I decided not to show physical affection until I was in a committed relationship possibly heading toward marriage. An engagement may be coming up :). When we (S.O. & I) discussed these things while we were still dating, we both committed to wait with the sexual side until further into the relationship, although we are not practicing a religion so we did not wait all the way until marriage. And I am very happy with being exclusively committed and sharing these sides of a relationship with only one person.
Again, this may look like the same kind of relationship that the Kidults have in terms of the ages involved, but I totally agree that it's radically different when you went to college, have travelled, interacted with lots of different kinds of men/women, gotten to know yourself and your values, and thus can tell a doofus from prince charming. :D So I don't think it's "religion" that is to blame for this awful Duggar situation , or even having more traditional/family-oriented values, because there are tons of people who are religious and have traditional values that have happy, loving marriages with none of this insanity. 

5 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I just don't understand the photographer. I'm completely amateur even I know that it's a horrible picture. The brides arms are supposed to go over the bridesmaids. The photographer should have displayed the brides sleeves over the bridesmaids. And no one bothered to fix her veil. I have the same problem with the sister picture. Joy should have been a few inches in front and the bridesmaids were too squished. The photo should have been taken from further away and spread out. 

I know the photographer in real life. She is a mentor on a photography forum I am on, she's actually a pretty phenomenal photographer. So I'm not sure how much was her choice vs TLC/People controlling the shots. If you want to look at her work her name is Lissa Chandler, she lives in NWA.  

17 minutes ago, unicorncastle said:

If you want to look at her work her name is Lissa Chandler, she lives in NWA.  

She's good, and I don't know who the girl in the blue wedding dress is but it is STUNNING and so is she.  I see some of the posses Joy and Austin did in some of her other work.  I didn't have a problem with photo's I've seen so far, a lot of them are very good and I'm sure they kept some of the better ones for their own private collection, I know I would. 

2 hours ago, karen77 said:

Hannie could be in heels, but maybe Anna was at Jinger's, but not this time?

Hannie was wearing some big-ish wedge heel sandals. I did see that in one of the photos. 

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

It looks like Anna had heals on at Jinger's wedding but not Joy's look at how much taller she is than Jill. Anna in flats vs heals is making Hannie look like she's grown that much more.  Though I do imagine she's grown 2 or 3 inches since November. 

Ahhh yes that makes sense. So Anna's pregnant, wearing flats plus Hannah in a higher heel. I am 5'0'' and don't do heels so I probably am a head smaller than Hannah at this point.:laughing-jumpingpurple:

Man, Jinger's tan at Jill's wedding WAS AWFUL. What in Rufus name was she thinking? Are there no mirrors at the TTH?

4 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Ahhh yes that makes sense. So Anna's pregnant, wearing flats plus Hannah in a higher heel. I am 5'0'' and don't do heels so I probably am a head smaller than Hannah at this point.:laughing-jumpingpurple:

Anna had on what appear to be flat sandals. Hannie had on wedge heels and Jing was rocking some high heels. ....makes my now bunion-less feet still hurt. 

1 hour ago, trustworthy said:

You're not an outlier.  There's a wide range of views on FJ, but a lot of us are quiet about some things :).  I came to a more structured Christian context and belief on my own in my 20s, completely different than my family which was quite liberal.  Waiting till marriage for sex is my value system too.  But I would expect my children to have lots of time unchaperoned with both male and female friends, have platonic friends from the opposite sex, and not be forced into weird courtship rules that are based on fear and an obsession with sex. 

Well said!

I was raised in a Christian home and informed my parents when I was 4 or 5 that I had asked Jesus to save me. But I didn't really understand or embrace faith until my early 20s, and even then I still lost my virginity before I got married. If I had it to do over again, I would wait. No judgment on those who don't (obviously I'm not in a position to throw stones) but I think waiting is the better way. I'm not about to get out a yardstick and make sure there are six inches between my future adopted child and his/her significant other, though.

Has anyone else seen the TLC promo for the wedding (which looks like will air first)? Joy is ugly-crying at the altar, and Austin reaches up to wipe her tears away. I hope that they're happy tears, but it didn't come off that way. 

And apparently, Lily and Ellie report 1002 guests, dress pieced (my word) together by Renee, and they plan to build a house near both sets of parents. I just want to know how Austin can flip houses in a market saturated by JB. 

I wonder if there is any guy anywhere who refers to the first time he had sex as losing his virginity. I don't view having sex for the first time as a loss, nor do I think it makes a woman "impure". Sex is not dirty, nasty, or impure (I'm talking between consenting adults here). It's a normal, healthy part of life. Virginity and purity are both patriarchal bullshit, in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Has anyone else seen the TLC promo for the wedding (which looks like will air first)? Joy is ugly-crying at the altar, and Austin reaches up to wipe her tears away. I hope that they're happy tears, but it didn't come off that way. 

Any suggestions on where to find it? I cannot seem to use my google skills with any success today.

9 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I just saw it a few minutes ago. That was full on sobbing. Yikes! I hope she's happy and she's just an ugly crier. I know I am. 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

I just saw it a few minutes ago. That was full on sobbing. Yikes! I hope she's happy and she's just an ugly crier. I know I am. 

Fuck, I hope I don't cry when I get married. Snot everywhere.

Just now, HarryPotterFan said:

Fuck, I hope I don't cry when I get married. Snot everywhere.

I hiccup. So it sounds like I can't breathe. Super sexy! ;) 

3 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I wonder if there is any guy anywhere who refers to the first time he had sex as losing his virginity. 

I've heard my male friends and acquaintances talk about losing virginity much the same as my female friends.  Satirically uber-masculine character Sterling Archer even discusses losing his virginity.  I really do not think it's only a female thing, but I think women tend to be more LIKELY to discuss their fist time openly because the first time is often...not peak performance from a guy.  

Also, most discussion of this tends to happen within all male or all female groups.  My CONVERSATIONS on the subject with guys have been much less frequent, though I know they talk about it amongst themselves.   

But get a few intoxicating units of your choice in most guys and they'll let the stories flow pretty similarly to the ladies.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived