IGNORED

Joy and Austin: The Wedding Is Over, On to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

I just saw the promo and I think that reports of Joy ugly crying are somewhat exaggerated.  Just some sniffling and him wiping away some tears.  I didn't see his face at all.  Maybe there was a different promo before?

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

To be fair, I lost a pregnancy before having my daughter. So when I cried during her ultrasound it was from overwhelming relief that the pregnancy was progressing normally. I cried when she was born for the same reason - I was so relieved and grateful she was alive and safe.

I haven't cried packing up her stuff though. I'm just glad she's growing big and strong.

So you don't have a cold black heart. Some of us just had very good reasons for being so emotional or are just emotional people in general.

I miscarried a couple years before I had my son...so I'm pretty sure I'm just broken. I'm actually a super emotional person, but not about things In my own life. I'm emotional for other people.

A friend of mine lost her son when he was 4 months old and when she told me she was pregnant again I think I cried for twenty minutes while she laughed at me. Her beautiful boy was born last Saturday and I cried a lot over that.   

When I was 6 months pregnant I got hit in the stomach with a baseball at a major league game (it's long story) but while everyone around me jumped up and started screaming, I just looked at my husband and said "nope, we're good." It didn't even phase me. I even kept the baseball that hit me. My son loves baseball now :)  So....I'm pretty sure it's just me. 

Wait, is it true that Joy chopped up her mom's wedding dress to make hers? They displayed that dress as a family heirloom or whatever at Jill's wedding.

No, they take little pieces of Mary's dress from where you can't see it (the tulle underneath?) and have sewn a piece into the heart of each girls' dress. 

However, speaking of chopping up dresses, it looks like Renee chopped up a top and bottom, then added sleeves, or at best, added modesty to a strapless then added those awfully fitting sleeves. We still don't know if there's a train or if Joy wore cowboy boots. 

4 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Ooh maybe she'll go into labor at Joe's wedding!! That will bring in the ratings!

Why stop there?  She might as well give birth if the film crew's around.

8 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Why stop there?  She might as well give birth if the film crew's around.

Of course, she could screw it up like she did with Izzy. I'm not sure I really want to see a poor, innocent baby's birth mucked up on camera. 

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Of course, she could screw it up like she did with Izzy. I'm not sure I really want to see a poor, innocent baby's birth mucked up on camera. 

She'd be at a fundie mega-wedding.  I'd be surprised if there wasn't a medical team nearby, and lots of experienced women to assist and/or call for help if Jill didn't have the sense to.  I think it would make for some fine TV...especially if the film crew caught audience reactions.

I cry when angry - that's a curse because you never get any acknowledgement of your anger - it's interpreted as crumbling, then some eejit always tries to grab and hug you when they should really be running for the hills.

The only exception was Mr MIO's mother's passing recently. At the closing of the casket his cousin (who'd been horrific all week) was beyond breathtakingly bitchy with Mr MIO's niece, then turned on me and said 'I shouldn't be surprised you don't cry for her, you didn't know her properly'. She is extremely lucky that in France they insist on a gendarme in the room at these things - what she didn't spot was when she spoke to the niece as she did he blanched and took a step closer to her. When she turned on me and I managed to not thump her on the spot, he grinned and winked at me over the top of her head.

I really hope Joy wasn't pressured to have Kendra as a bridesmaid instead of her lifelong BFF Carlin......but I suspect she was so Joe could propose on camera and TLC could have the "bridesmaid gets proposed to" angle. Ugh. 

And please tell me poor Jordyn wasn't the only girl not to be a flower girl/bridesmaid. I know she's at an awkward age where she's a but young for bridesmaid but too old for flower girl, but still..... 

@Ace3My loss happened two months before I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. So the fear and emotions were very raw and new. 

I think you just aren't overly showy with your emotions. Nothing wrong with that at all. We all deal with shitty stuff differently. :)

@MadeItOutCrying when angry is the absolute worst. You're trying to be intimidating and just look like a lost little puppy.

Jill Rodrigues posted photos of the wedding invite (pretty much as an answer to FJers suggesting she wasn't invited, which is hilarious) and check out this nugget:

18881791_1890598397845171_57625865843602

Yes, that's right, it's now the Duggar way to invite far more people than they can actually accommodate, and I am dying to see what's under the cover-up, so we can see how they explained this! 

So intrigued how they handled the RSVPs - I wonder if they invited people in waves depending on how much they liked them?  They can't have done "first come, first served", or close friends could miss out.

Here's the other side of the invite, per Jill R - I like that shot of Joy & Austin on the front.

18813837_1890598497845161_82534269170253

ETA we're talking about the Rodrigues-specific aspects of this over in the Rod thread.  If you've never come across the Rods, you don't know what you're missing, they're a wild ride.  Jill's a 2nd generation Fundy, cramming her TWELVE CHILDREN!!1!!1!! into an RV, with a singing "ministry" that's literally preaching to the converted, and is a grifter extraordinaire.  Join us!

well she answered one question o f whether she copied Jill's bicep clutch.  I always hated that clutch. 

Made Jill look desperate and  needy - oh wait. 

i do like the numbers in the dock though

I think the picture on the dock looks nice. I know she's doing 'the clutch' but she looks less grabby than Jill at least and when they have limited touch it's as close as they're going to get.

The other picture does look more awkward but I think we need to cut Austin more slack. He has not had a lifetime of cameras filming and photo calls and probably feels a bit awkward with newly being allowed to ACTUALLY HOLD HANDS with Joy.

So is Joy's name hyphenated or not? I've always wondered which is correct. On People and Wikipedia it is hyphenated, but on the invite it's not. Is Anna supposed to be her middle name, or is her first name Joy-Anna, no middle name?

It was originally hyphenated, as was John David's. Maybe because they don't really call her by her full name anymore (it stopped not long after Anna became a Duggar) they don't think the hyphen is necessary? I don't know, fundies and names are weird. 

BTW, I notice that they didn't get the cover of People. Really not surprising. Interest is waning because it's the same thing over and over again. 

Is it me or is the h in "Mr. & Mrs. Terry Forsyth" not bold like the rest of the words? Can't even be bothered to proofread their damn wedding invites, I guess.

1 minute ago, JillyO said:

Is it me or is the h in "Mr. & Mrs. Terry Forsyth" not bold like the rest of the words? Can't even be bothered to proofread their damn wedding invites, I guess.

It is not and it's making me twitch. :P 

I don't cry at weddings.I cry commercial for abused animals or pets that finally get adopted.I cry at other things.I have been told I am too sensitive and emotional,all my life.Empath....and I ugly cry,too.

When we made our decision to remove our son from his vent and to donate his organs,one of his nurses,in the ICU,had to leave the room.She started crying.I cried everyday for months,and I still cry about that.

17 minutes ago, JillyO said:

And that's the real reason there is no hyphen. 

@JillyO @Carm_88 the non bolded H is making my OCD go sky high. How do people not proof read an invite? A text ok whatever I talk like this on text but on a formal invite? BOLD THE DAMN H :smiley-signs131:

22 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

@JillyO @Carm_88 the non bolded H is making my OCD go sky high. How do people not proof read an invite? A text ok whatever I talk like this on text but on a formal invite? BOLD THE DAMN H :smiley-signs131:

That could just be a printer thing....not necessarily something in the design, but that it printed kinda wonky...it happens.

12 hours ago, SassyPants said:

My parents did not tolerate crying. As a long term PICU and NICU nurse, being able to compartmentalize emotions is sometimes a needed skill. I rarely cry-

Being a long term ER Nurse, I also rarely cry. Compartmentalization is a good thing.

57 minutes ago, melon said:

I don't cry at weddings.I cry commercial for abused animals or pets that finally get adopted.I cry at other things.I have been told I am too sensitive and emotional,all my life.Empath....and I ugly cry,too.

When we made our decision to remove our son from his vent and to donate his organs,one of his nurses,in the ICU,had to leave the room.She started crying.I cried everyday for months,and I still cry about that.

@Melon, you stopped me in my tracks. I'm so sorry you lost your son. I hope the donation of his organs gave you some sort of peace in such a horrible situation. Big hugs and prayers for you.

In regards to the crying...I ugly cried walking down the aisle. In reality I am very independent, assertive, and confident, however in highly emotional situations I lose it. So, I wouldn't judge Joy's crying at all because it could just be that she was overwhelmed with emotion like I was.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived