IGNORED

Joy and Austin: The Wedding Is Over, On to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

So Joy got married at Cross Church but at a different Location, I guess they have five Campuses.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

BTW, I notice that they didn't get the cover of People. Really not surprising. Interest is waning because it's the same thing over and over again. 

We've barely been introduced to Austin and now they're married.  With Jinger at least we got to see them court and the marriage proposal so there was momentum going into the wedding.  TLC should have extended the season to at least show the courtship and proposal to heighten interest like they did with the other weddings.  If it was strange to watch Jinger's wedding before seeing the wedding prep it'll be even stranger to see Joy's wedding before seeing the courtship. Ditto for Joe.  We haven't gotten introduced to Kendra (on the show) and here they are engaged.  Some poor planning on TLC's part or maybe the Duggars should have slowed down the whole process.

Just went to Youtube to look up John Prine and low and behold saw this.  

On 5/29/2017 at 2:34 AM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Hmm. Interesting thought @GoddessOfVictory

The only woman in the wedding party not pregnant would be the bride, although that could technically change in a matter of 24 hrs (squicky thought, I know). What would be really great is if all the bridesmaids and the mother in law are with child, leaving Jichelle as the only non viable womb at the altar. Better yet, the maid of honour (who would be the most pregnant of them all) could be rushed out mid ceremony because her water breaks. Talk about upstaging a wedding! 

Fundies are strange.

It seems soon for Jessa to be pregnant again. How old is Wilbur now?

I heard a joke:  "How do you know you're at a Jewish wedding?  At an Orthodox wedding, the Mothers-in-Law are pregnant.  At a Conservative wedding the bride is pregnant.  At a Reform wedding the rabbi is pregnant."

13 hours ago, griffin said:

onekidanddone, I hear "Hello in There"  and you might as well just fold me up and put me in a drawer. John Prine is God's gift to the world

@griffinFor Sam Stone alone he is pure genius. I walked down the isle to an instrumental version of In Spite of Ourselves.

17 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

If you record 30 minutes of a TLC show you'll probably catch it.  It didn't look nearly as bad to me as what I thought it would be from reading about it. 

I'm 2.5 hours into watching some wedding dress show and still no ugly cry. *sigh*

It was about 20 minutes into Say Yes to the Dress yesterday afternoon.  I recorded it on the DVR and went FF later.  It is a brief clip. 

I don't have cable and can't find it online. Hopefully some MVP can spot it and link it for us so we can all join in the "is she or isn't she ugly crying" debate lol.

11 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm 2.5 hours into watching some wedding dress show and still no ugly cry. *sigh*

Welcome to the world of Say Yes to the Dress - where everyone's a bitch, everyone cries, and everyone goes home looking like an asshole.

(Ok... so maybe that's an exaggeration... but still... :pb_lol:)

I saw it, her chin is jutted out (not sure how to say it , but, that thing you do with your chin when you cry and you're trying to stop) and she does have tears on her face and he goes to wipe them.  I think she says she's okay ... I wasn't paying too much attention until I realized what was on.

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Welcome to the world of Say Yes to the Dress - where everyone's a bitch, everyone cries, and everyone goes home looking like an asshole.

(Ok... so maybe that's an exaggeration... but still... :pb_lol:)

I can't stand that show so I think it's pretty accurate.  I don't think I've lasted through an entire episode ever.

3 hours ago, melon said:

When we made our decision to remove our son from his vent and to donate his organs,one of his nurses,in the ICU,had to leave the room.She started crying.I cried everyday for months,and I still cry about that.

I'm crying reading this.  I sadly know too many people who've had to bury a child and there is nothing to say to make it better. but I will say  I'm so so sorry to read this, and bless you for thinking of others in this unimaginably horrible time in your life.  

Another non crying nurse here. It isn't that I've become hardened or don't care, you just learn that crying isn't going to help the patient or change the situation. Tears will get in the way of doing your job and helping. I don't want y'all thinking that we don't care or get upset when something happens because we do. Now in private watching movies, ASPCA commercials, or thinking about your child that has passed, I become a river, but for me crying is also a very personal and private thing. 

No wedding tears here. Just ready to get it over and done with. To each their own.

My mom was one of the "the right thing to do is wait until your wedding night" people although not really prude. Basically in her mind anything but sex was fine, healthy, and normal before marriage. She was always very open about everything but just thought the p in the v shouldn't happen until the wedding night.  My husband and I realized we wanted to get married before ever even dating (long time family friends) and it freaked my parents out. "You haven't even held hands! What if you don't like the way he kisses!?" But sex would have been horrible. Of course I could have ditched him if I didn't like the way he kissed!  We dated for about six weeks before the ring and were engaged for eight months. My in-laws were relieved that our engagement was "longer" so people wouldn't think he'd proposed quickly due to a pregnancy. Anyway, mom made such a big deal about our wedding night that it became awkward for us. I took a sick sense of pleasure in later telling her that we were too tired that night and just went to bed when she asked how things went. Total lie but it grossed me out that people were thinking about us having sex. 15 years later she brought up how sad it was that we'd not experienced that tradition and I fessed up that we'd been doing the deed since before we were engaged and that first time with him meant more to me than our wedding night anyway. That first night was way more a private, personal, just between the two of us and God thing. I thought enough time had passed that she wouldn't care but I was wrong. She started crying and is upset about it to this day.

Thank you! Because I'm now watching a design show (still no Joy Anna promo!) where two guys do amazing things and I'm bawling my eyes out. So yeah, im a cryer too. Lol

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Thank you! Because I'm now watching a design show (still no Joy Anna promo!) where two guys do amazing things and I'm bawling my eyes out. 

Nate and Jeremiah?  I have teared up during an episode or 2. 

10 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Nate and Jeremiah?  I have teared up during an episode or 2. 

Yes! That's it!

Going back a few pages--- My hubby and I grew up within two hours of the Duggars and have tons of family in that region. Seems fairly common to hear children called by their first and middle names but they only go by the first name as adults. Friends and family include Missy Marie (now just Michelle), Aimee Beth, Sarah Jane, Sarah (Eliza)Beth, Amy Jo(hannah), Jana Lynn, Jimmy Don, Jim Beau, and Charlie Fred. Maybe regional? Or in our cases I'm pretty sure there were too many kids in the area names Michelle, Amy (Aimee), Sarah, Jana, Jim (James), and Charlie (Charles). Considering how many people the Duggars are "friends" with it would make it easier to distinguish which John you are talking to or about. I have no idea about the hyphen situation but its use seemed fairly random amongst the above listed family members. I'm pretty sure some of them sometimes used a hyphen when younger just to be different or they thought it was "fancy," or some ridiculous reason. 

A friend was named Mary Lynn and hated going by both first and middle. She said it sounded too "hick" and tried going by just Mary but she still lived in her tiny hometown and people stuck with Mary Lynn despite her protests. When she got married she changed her name to Marilyn (pronounced Mare Lynn instead of Mary Lynn), maiden name as middle, then married. I don't really hear much of a difference but it made her feel better. Always thought it kind of funny!

I cried at our wedding.  Surprised me.  I was so durn happy while walking down the aisle, that my eyes sprung leaks! Dh was worried.  He thought tears meant sadness.  Nope.  I was overly giddy.  He spent the whole ceremony making me laugh.  It was precious.  

I was a big cryer when I was in my 20's, but now I don't cry as often.  I hide my tears....and save them for later.  Grief is more private.  Though I'll boohoo at any movie with tears....I'm an empath....and I feel other people's grief (real or fake in a movie, lol), and the tears come no matter what.  

6 hours ago, JillyO said:

Is it me or is the h in "Mr. & Mrs. Terry Forsyth" not bold like the rest of the words? Can't even be bothered to proofread their damn wedding invites, I guess.

Do I vaguely remember they let Josh put these things together?

I'm not a huge crier but videos of people getting surprise puppies/kittens, etc make me cry every.damn.time.

3 hours ago, Smoochie said:

I saw it, her chin is jutted out (not sure how to say it , but, that thing you do with your chin when you cry and you're trying to stop) and she does have tears on her face and he goes to wipe them.  I think she says she's okay ... I wasn't paying too much attention until I realized what was on.

I just saw it and while it was a super fast moment, she seemed so completely overwhelmed.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived