IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 28 - A Mild Inappropriate Lawsuit

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, frugalitymom said:

Ok here is my list of thoughts:

4. I can't imagine what Anna is going through.  She is as much a victim in this travesty.  Thanks to her screwed up upbringing she won't leave and I can't imagine what she feels everyday wondering when the next bombshell is going to drop.

I'm on my iPad so I don't know if I can trim your quote.  I'm responding  specifically to number 4.

Sadly her screwed up upbringing  no doubt has for blaming herself because if she would have been a better wife none of this would've happened .

Anna if you have somehow, please if there is a God, somehow made it here and are reading these posts RUN.   Your brother will help you,  There  are so many people who will help you RUN.  You will not be alone  and this is not your fault.

And dear sweet Jim Bob because we know you're such a douche bag arrogant twit  you have to be reading here,  You will face God one day and you will answer for what you did to your daughters and that is about the only thing that makes me smile in this whole mess .   Here's a little tip for your eternity, pack for the heat .

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, pamplemousse said:

My guess is that since they all are of age, they technically had to have filed it themselves. (Correct?) But I have no doubt that JimBoob was involved somehow, be it by having the documents drawn up and doing everything short of having the daughters agree to the filing, by just telling the daughters they were going to file the suit and that was that, or somewhere in between. TL;DR: I think they filed it but JimBoob compelled them to file it.

They are all legal adults, so legally they had to file themselves.

I'm sure JB was behind the helm and that his daughters don't fully understand what will happen during the course of the lawsuit, but I think they and perhaps more importantly, their headships, are fully on board with idea of suing the government officials and InTouch.   This is all about money for all of them.  Gravy train is leaving the station.  The show will be ending, probably soon, and these four daughters alone will probably have a total of at least 20 blessings within the next 10 years, probably many more.  None of the husbands appear to be too ambitious in a bringing home the bacon kind of way. And Jim Bob still has non-working adult sons and daughters far too young yet to marry off.  JB has probably told them it will have to be medical expenses for the lot of them if they can't find another large source of cash.  So they signed up.

Far more interesting though is Josh's move.  Jim Bob's idea?  Or did Josh, feeling every bit a victim himself :pb_rollseyes: and left out of the multi-million dollar lawsuit decide to consult with his sleazebag attorney without his father's consent?

This could get interesting.  A tell all will be coming one of these days.  James, I hope you are taking good notes. 

3 minutes ago, Browneyed Girl said:

Sadly her screwed up upbringing  no doubt has for blaming herself because if she would have been a better wife none of this would've happened .

It's so sad. She should have no blame for her husband's horrible choices. Not to mention that the molestations happened before they met. Josh made his bed long before she came into the picture.

8 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Josh is probably upset that because of what came out his livelihood  was effected. They cancelled the show he can't get paid. 

I think the used car business is slow.  Baby #5 nears and money is needful.

Josh's attorney is the family attorney for almost everything. He was the one that finalized the placement of Michelle's grand-nephew with the Dugs. There's no way Josh went behind Jim Bob's back.

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Josh's attorney is the family attorney for almost everything. He was the one that finalized the placement of Michelle's grand-nephew with the Dugs. There's no way Josh went behind Jim Bob's back.

Thanks. Good to know.  But it's a mighty odd move nevertheless.

Maybe Michelle started paying attention and homeschooling the lost children and needed to get some government lessons ASAP...

/snark

Now I'm just waiting for Boob and OfBoob to join the lawsuit. Because it makes as much sense as Joshley the Douche joining, and we all know how much they love money.

"Waaa, our despicable neglect of our daughters' well-being and failure of our son made us lose our tv show! Pity us!!"

Sorry if this Huff Post article has already been posted.

"The idea that an admitted child molester could complain about lack of sympathy is inherently ridiculous"

"A rep for the law firm representing the Duggar sisters told HuffPost the family is not releasing a statement on Josh’s motion at this time. "

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/josh-duggar-has-the-audacity-to-claim-molestation-reports-caused-emotional-injury_us_5935fdb8e4b0cfcda917101e 

This whole thing is just disgusting. These people make me sick...Josh is sociopathic and Michelle and JB are delusional and completely out of touch with reality. Even if they haven't gone Gothard and stayed normal (I read somewhere where Josh remembers normalcy, before M's breakdown, Santa, etc...) I'm pretty positive Josh would have been that kid in school who played sports, was semi-popular, and known as the one to not be alone with. Kind of like Bryce from 13 reasons why...he knows it's wrong and upbringing doesn't mean a damn thing. He's going to do what pleases him and then blame everyone else when shit hits the fan. Josh is just a douchebag. 

If anyone should be sued it's the asshole parents. 

Thank you Coconut Fan for trimming my quote. Too bad we cant we snip the Duggars the same way. 

JB&M would try to jump on. Right around Duhlard's birth so they have something to deflect.

To the question about education. I believe this tweet my D-wreck sums it up. 

"A through knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education" - Theodore Roosevelt (Derick retweeted this with an "Amen") 

I wonder if he realizes one can have a college education and a good knowledge of the bible. They demonize secular education as a control mechanism.

So yeah, they learned that the earth is 6,000 yrs old and that doing anything not ministry related with their lives will lead to their damnation. 

45 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

"A through knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education" - Theodore Roosevelt (Derick retweeted this with an "Amen")

I wonder if he realizes one can have a college education and a good knowledge of the bible.

I guess we now know his stance on education. His kids won't get what he did. So sad...

1 hour ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Thanks. Good to know.  But it's a mighty odd move nevertheless.

JenniferJuniper, I too thought much of this was odd from the first announcement. I thought the parents had nothing to do with this which is why the late date on the lawsuit. 

But other seems sure JB and J'chelle are involved. I dunno. The entire thing is fishy. And these women now have extended families to encourage and influence them. I would not be surprised if we found out later one or both of the parents were against it. They are well connected in politics. Suing a town at the federal level will make them more enemies than they've ever had. So...we'll see.

16 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Is this a copy and paste of what he actually wrote or is auto correct to blame for "through" instead of "thorough" as those are two completely different things.

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

So JB himself can't even say to his own son "you f*cked up, deal with it?" Not that saying that solves the problem or changes the past, but it is better than encouraging your douche bag son to file a suit because he got defamed; for something he did.

Instead, he blames the general public for finding out about the skeletons in the family closet. 

This family makes me so angry. I am not an angry person, nor do I turn to anger (I am not nice when angry). The Duggars make my blood boil with their disgraceful behaviour. Stop comparing yourselves to actual good Christians!

11 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

I wonder if Anna is on board with this or if she just had to go along because headship? 

I have a feeling Anna is fine with smuggar trying to provide for his children. It's not the best way, but I give him a "D-" for effort. 

Duggars, you are vile, disgusting people. You brought this all on yourselves. Karma is bitch, and one day you will be have it coming in spades. BURN IN HELL...BURN BABY BURN.

Josh, you are a monster. With every fiber of my being, I believe you have more victims and have other problems that haven't been exposed. The fact you were under sixteen when you molested means nothing. You are not a victim here.

I still can't believe you can sexually assault five victims and nothing happens, no counseling, no jail, no probation. 

Nothing. 

1 hour ago, motelmum said:

Is this a copy and paste of what he actually wrote or is auto correct to blame for "through" instead of "thorough" as those are two completely different things.

Yes. I'm sorry. He said "thorough". 

I don't feel bad for Anna. She chose this. She chose him with her eyes wide open this time around. Boo bloody hoo darling. Anna has a special place now amongst the fundie elite.  Her claim to fame is spiritual martyrdom. She is forgiving, strong, faithful, loving, enduring, a Proverbs 31 woman of GOD. Everywhere she goes in that Gothard circle she will be praised as the wife who chose to be faithful to her vows in spite of her unfaithful husband.  She fought the good fight.  Every little wifey with problems will come to her worshipping and bowing and wanting to know how she got through the most painful time in her life. And how God rewarded her marriage with a special precious baby to prove her faithfulness and favour.  Anna has it made in the shade. She could even publish a book, 

I'm with @Jess. This makes zero sense. At least not from the this being a carefully orchestrated plot angle. 

They're trying to (improperly) get around the Statute of Limitations, which they wouldn't have to do if he had just filed within it, which presumably they would have done had there been any advanced planning whatsoever.

The only way this makes sense to me is if Josh didn't know the girls lawsuit was actually happening until after the fact and then wanted in on it. <--I'm not saying this is the only thing that could be happening, but given when they're filing, the manner in which they are trying to do so, and he rushed and not thoroughly researched appearance of that filing, that is what makes the most sense. 

With the rehashing of the molestations  and the tabloid train wreck this is quickly becoming,  I imagine victim #5 is absolutely cringing her privacy remains intact. 

I hope they are not thrown under the bus by any parties involved in the lawsuit. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • hoipolloi unpinned this topic

Archived