IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 28 - A Mild Inappropriate Lawsuit

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, JMO said:

The only thing is who would actually offer him a book deal? 

Any of the publishers out there who know the book would be an instant best-seller. People would buy it (even if they'd deny it!) just to get the dirty details on "Growing Up Duggar:   For Reals"  written by someone who "broke free" (even if it is Douchua).

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, moriah said:

Okay, I found the "Exhibit A" -- his complaint.  Pdf from the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.

This seems so tenuous to me. His complaint is essentially that the media reported something bad about him, a public figure. It was not slander or libel. He doesn't just get to sue when media reports something he doesn't like. It is the cost of being in the public eye.

He did not make the choice to be thrust into the public eye originally, but as an adult he made the choice to remain a public figure. In fact, his interest and involvement in politics suggest he was interested in publicity that is often subject to even higher scrutiny. 

Another thought just occurred to me. Not only is JB subsidizing the lifestyles of 30 plus people, but he's also involved in at least two, maybe three lawsuits (the Duggar women suit, Josh's attempt to join in, and the lawsuit against Josh from the DJ). All of this legal action has to be depleting the Duggar coffers, regardless of the outcomes.

6 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

People would buy it (even if they'd deny it!) just to get the dirty details on "Growing Up Duggar:   For Reals"  written by someone who "broke free" (even if it is Douchua).

Milo Yiannopoulos was able to have a best seller on Amazon by self publishing. I am sure people would buy Josh's book even if it was a butchering of the English language given his horrid lack of education. 

22 minutes ago, Scrabblemaster said:

I just tried to explain this whole clusterfuck to Mr.Scrabblemaster. And he was like :pb_eek:.

Mr. One Kid was the same way. He gave me the "my wife is nuts" look a and went back to reading his ham radio magazine. And he thinks I'm nuts. :pb_lol:

7 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Mr. One Kid was the same way. He gave me the "my wife is nuts" look a and went back to reading his ham radio magazine. And he thinks I'm nuts. :pb_lol:

Mr. Wolf is also into ham radio, and thinks my interest in the Duggars is weird.

17 hours ago, Browneyed Girl said:

Here's a little tip for your eternity, pack for the heat .

I saw this in the Sunday paper. Maybe this will be Josh's hell as he tries to download his special sites after death. :D

59383ea427122_speedbump.thumb.JPG.f50274f61369d03fae7c0ea14023f6bc.JPG

Reading Josh's complaint confirms he is doing the motion to intervene as a move to bypass the statute of limitations on the intentional torts claims. His lawyer doesn't practice this kind of law and probably only vaguely understands what he trying to do, because it isn't how you do this. He should have filed his own suit within the statute of limitations and moved to consolidate. The fact he is trying this can only mean it wasn't planned for Josh to join in.

I can't imagine it working this isn't the proper useage of a motion to intervene, or the relation back doctrine. Josh has no case and by trying to make one he only damages his sisters' case. 

As to paying for the three lawsuits. The girls is almost certaintly on contingency. Josh shouldn't have been able to talk anyone into taking his case let alone on contingency, but clearly his lawyer isn't the best versed on these types of cases so who knows.

Josh has no case what a waste of time that only hurts his extended family. However unlikely, I hope he went behind JBs back and this the incident that tumbles the family. 

It wouldn't shock me I'd the girls law firm withdraws. They will want to demand to oppose the motion but if it was JB idea he might try to stop that.

13 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Fundie bum list:

e. Josh Duggar (is a douche)

Fixed. 

11 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Even secular, liberal, educated women sometimes find it impossible to break out of an abusive relationship.

Thank you for saying all of this, I was trying to figure out how to express my feelings on this and you said it perfectly.

To the bold - right now my area is searching for a missing teacher (from my school district). It has come out from the neighbors that her husband would SCREAM (font isn't big enough to convey the screaming on the audio recordings) that their camera attached to their garage picked up his verbal abuse. This missing teacher is a teacher at the public school. He cut her off from her family, he has had PPO and peeping tom convictions against him in 2 different states. This college educated woman that helps her students (she teaches high school) did not leave. She attempted to leave but took him back 2 weeks later when she dropped the charges (all according to the news). It has been 3 weeks since the teacher disappeared and the police have changed it from missing persons to a possible homicide investigation and states her husband is a person of interest. This lady had every resource available to leave him yet she didn't (that we know of...it would be nice if she just disappeared into a battered wives protection program). Someone like Anna is a victim and now she is becoming part of the problem for her children. It's a very sad cycle.  

11 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Even secular, liberal, educated women sometimes find it impossible to break out of an abusive relationship. 

Well said!  Took me 3 and 4 years respectively (yes, back-to-back). I picked up the brain injury that reduced my IQ to 146 (EQ unchanged thankfully) in the second one.

Sure I'm either 'an acquired taste' or a 'total bitch' depending on who you talk to, but you won't find a better friend. I'm liberal, a trades unionist and representative and I'm still on a scheme that allows me to work on top of managing 35 permanent disabilities.

Unless you (world in general you, no-one specific), are of the 1/3 who've been through it, or have someone exceptionally honest in your life to share their experiences, you just don't know. It's far too easy to sit on the outside with expectations of fairness or justice in the families' court system either. It just does not happen.

Sorry, I'll shut up a while now. ...it was all getting a trifle much.

FWIW, I'll answer anything, any time - because I firmly believe that all the taboo and secrecy are a major part of the problem, and having lived it, repaired as much as possible, then trained and qualified as a peer counsellor, I acknowledge the responsibility of being in this privileged situation (one that seven British women a week can never achieve). ...so ask me anything. I promise not to be growly...

ETA: there's something clunky in this and I just can't make it not clunky. Too much emotion. Sorry.

I think most people here would agree Anna is a victim in many ways. But she also isn't completely innocent at this point either. She's reached that point in her adult life where she is continuing the cycle of bad decisions that harmed her and so many others. Her shitty upbringing helps explain why she is doing so and why it's so difficult to break away - but it doesn't excuse it. 

Same goes, to a certain extent, for Jill and Jessa because they both have children. As those children grow and reach school age, they too will become both victim and perpetrator - if they continue the cycle of abuse and neglect they were subjected to.

Thoughts on Anna and Josh Douche Vomit Duggar.  We don't know for sure that she hasn't tried to leave. His history of being an abusive brute makes me wonder if he hasn't threatened her or the children.  Wild speculation I know, but it would not surprise me. Also, she might have tried to leave and he dragged her back.

The whole thing just makes me sad and angry all at the same time. 

34 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I think most people here would agree Anna is a victim in many ways. But she also isn't completely innocent at this point either. She's reached that point in her adult life where she is continuing the cycle of bad decisions that harmed her and so many others. Her shitty upbringing helps explain why she is doing so and why it's so difficult to break away - but it doesn't excuse it. 

Same goes, to a certain extent, for Jill and Jessa because they both have children. As those children grow and reach school age, they too will become both victim and perpetrator - if they continue the cycle of abuse and neglect they were subjected to.

I agree. No matter the circumstances at some point you need to choose to look at it for what it is. I am fully aware of the cycle of abuse because I lived it. In fact I was far more controlled than any of these Duggar children. I look at their lives or Anna's and they look like a fairytale in comparison.

My circumstances were far more dangerous than anything she was or is currently facing.   With all that being said I was younger than her single, no money, no job and I was able to make some life altering choices because I could see the writing on the wall.  It was the scariest decision in my life to " disobey" and make the simplest choices to gain freedom .The unknown was a nightmare but I did it. Facing all of my demons from growing up was hell. 

When I got married at twenty and had children.  I realized the cycle  would end with me. I was chastising my 6 year old. I listened to what I was saying and thought oh my God that is my mother speaking.  At 26 I ended any contact with my family  and charged some of the people involved. 

. My opinion is she took an easier way for herself. She is taking the holier than thou road. She has siblings who could help. I my husband couldn't even help me, he couldn't deal with my shit. He stayed but I was alone .

I can give abused women far more grace and understanding in trying to get out, but something about this situation tells me not to give Anna the benefit of the doubt anymore. I actually think she enjoys her position.  She has always been trying to duplicate Michelle and I think she has to feed  her growing self importance. So I think she enjoys those extra pats on the back that say she is so strong.

OK, I agree with all y'all about Josh (deserves a disgusting nickname) but I don't think it would be "douche".

Think about it. Douches cleanse. Douches medicate. Douches comfort. Josh (deserves a disgusting nickname) does none of that.

You are giving douches a bad name.

Josh Deserves a Disgusting Nickname!!

43 minutes ago, Greendoor said:

@MadeItOut 

My admiration of you increases with every post I read.

You are one brave sister.

Thank you.

It's not brave though, it's stubbornness. I flat refuse to make it in any way easy/comfy for these 'people' to keep at it.

5 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

OK, I agree with all y'all about Josh (deserves a disgusting nickname) but I don't think it would be "douche".

I had an ancestor whose favourite insult was 'ugly, black toad'. Wanna borrow it? She wouldn't mind.

16 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

You are giving douches a bad name.

We could call him the Human  Suppository, because wherever he goes, shit happens.

5 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I suppose you're right. Other options:

Josh Duggar (is a Asshole)

Josh Duggar (is a Jackass)

Josh Duggar (should have been swallowed)

Josh Duggar (is a massive waste)

Josh Duggar (is a cheating bastard)

Josh Duggar (is a cotton-headed ninny-muggins)

Josh Duggar (is an evil little man)

Josh Duggar (is a piece of shit)

Josh Duggar (is a pile of crap)

Josh Duggar (I wouldn't piss on him to save his life)

Josh Duggar (is a whiny little fucker)

Josh Duggar (the reason why we have middle fingers)

Josh Duggar (go home and rethink your life)

Josh Duggar (he wants cheese to go with that whine)

Josh Duggar (whom no one likes)

I could probably think up some more if needed. :pb_lol:

1 minute ago, emscm said:

Josh Dingleberry Duggar- he's like that little piece of shit hanging on & just won't let go

Man, I wish George Carlin were still with us the last couple of years.

14 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Fundie bum list:

Our friend, TFDW is certainly a shining star among these folks, isn't he? 

18 minutes ago, emscm said:

Josh Dingleberry Duggar- he's like that little piece of shit hanging on & just won't let go

That's incredibly disgusting yet very accurate.

@VelociRapture There are too many perfect insults listed there! How will we ever pick just one??

If Josh is a dingleberry, what does that make his parents?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • hoipolloi unpinned this topic

Archived