IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 28 - A Mild Inappropriate Lawsuit

Coconut Flan

33 minutes ago, nst said:

well people.com hasn't posted anything which imo is huge because they usually love this stuff. And Jessa is not doing any talking except for posting pictures of Henry's 4 month old life

Well, Amal and George did just have their twins :)  Nothing on the Lillie and Ellie blog....they did have a post up pretty quick about the girls suit though. Interesting.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, @VelociRapture, I couldn't remember when the report had been made. 

His participation in the complaint makes a questionable case weaker, imo. 

Say this does go to trial, and say the Duggar women are fortunate enough to have a jury sympathetic to the emotional burden they bore by having their abuse publicized. In what world would such a jury be equally as sympathetic to their abuser's mental anguish? 

May I just state that I want to vomit after seeing this?  

With rational people, I'd think maybe they realized that they would lose and needed a reason.  But no, I'm sure they all firmly believe Josh Duggar (who was and still is a douche) is a victim.

I'm still trying to find "Exhibit A" of the Motion for Intervention, to read the "Plaintiff-Intervenor Complaint".  I guess I really am going to have to get my PACER account reactivated.

5 minutes ago, emscm said:

Say this does go to trial, and say the Duggar women are fortunate enough to have a jury sympathetic to the emotional burden they bore by having their abuse publicized. In what world would such a jury be equally as sympathetic to their abuser's mental anguish? 

My guess is that the abuser will not be successful in his efforts to join the lawsuit and his sisters' case will go on without him.

Well, he'll always be a specter I reckon.  But not one of the plaintiffs.

I think the whole family is likely on board with the lawsuit. I can't see the husbands being angry Josh is attempting to join the lawsuit. They knew the type of family they were marrying into and I doubt their beliefs aren't the same. Maybe they all feel Josh has unfairly suffered from everything that has happened. These are people that went on TV and defended Josh while seeming to minimize molestation.

It's possible that, even though they are on TV, TLC is paying bargain basement rates because the Duggars have nowhere else to go and TLC holds all the cards. I highly doubt any other channel will take them. I can see money starting to get tight because there are a lot of people for Jim Bob to support plus paying property taxes, regular taxes and everything that comes with having so many properties. Jim Bob has money but no way can he have enough to support all his kids/grandkids forever. Plus, their standard of living has risen significantly since they have been on TV and I doubt any of them want to go back to the way things were. 

I am more interested in this allegation that Josh has been impacted professional. He had a big time job because he was on a reality show. That was his only qualification. He isn't a well educated man who was moving up the corporate ladder when it all crashed down. His lack of education, and real work experience outside of TV and Daddy, were always going to limit his employment prospects. 

Page 3 of the document:

Movant is entitled to intervention by right in that, as the underage juvenile offender who
was the subject of the child abuse investigative reports released by the State investigative
agencies in violation of Arkansas law and, therefore, the primary focus of the legislative purpose
in protecting juvenile records due to the stigma and other negative consequences including
hindered educational opportunities and diminished employment prospects associated with a
criminal history, the existing parties cannot adequately represent his interest.

Someone smarter than me please explain this to me. Are they trying to say that due to the release of the reports, Josh cannot further his education? Who are they trying to kid here. Josh was/is never going to further his education.

*Bolded by me

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't someone have to be charged and adjudicated to have records sealed. This was only an investigation, no charges were ever filed. So I'm my mind (and I could be completely wrong) Josh has no recourse for an investigation only.

And oh yeah, he does not have a criminal history. He was simply a self proclaimed child abuser who sidestepped prosecution at the hands of his parents. He has no criminal record.

I'm ashamed to say I wish I could be a fly on the wall in that courtroom.

But seriously, Josh pretty much killed any actual chance of redemption by hijacking this lawsuit. All he had to do was lay low, take whatever job JB would give him, be with Anna, be with his kids, and welcome his fifth child. He'd never have the same star power or political prowess again, but neither of those things matter as much as what he needs to do to mend his broken relationships. Hes willing to sacrifice all of that for money.

I don't think this will ever go to trial. Will be settled out of court, with each complainant receiving $1. One Dollar.

This would explain why they officially released Baby Dilly's name today.

Given my love of Grumpy Cat I had to save this one from Fark.  Not that I really mean it, of course. 

Give blood all of it.jpg

This meme, verbatim, captures all of my feelings about Josh Duggar these days. The rumors about his return to the next season of "Counting On" were bad enough, now he wants to join (thereby jeapordizing) his victims' invasion of privacy lawsuit?  :my_angry:

Josh, its time to go play hide and go fuck yourself... indefinitely if possible :my_dodgy:

n41iljyexyiqgfuzsrtf.png

8 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

This would explain why they officially released Baby Dilly's name today.

Did anyone care about Baby Dilly #2 anyway? :P 

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

...and on the fifth hand, his own wife, who he promised his supposed supernatural umbrella he would defend and care for until one of them dies, is also very near to giving birth and for the second time doing so under his crap-ton of unnecessary stress. 

He should do the decent thing and become a reclusive monk up a mountain somewhere thereby relinquishing his hold on Anna and her children.

ETA: apologies. In cutting the quote down, it looks like I've also cut out the list of four things - it's the sublime to the bloody ridiculous this end! I'm so sorry. Anyhow, if you didn't catch velociraptor's original, it's well worth the hop back a couple pages.

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

You know,  I would like to know if Samuel will be affected by zika. I don't know much about the disease though. 

It's Joshgate 3.0

I wonder if Josh feels entitled because he was the one who ran and told Daddy on himself? (It says so in the Washington report that the child who had just turned 14 in March 2002 told Jim Bob about the sleeping molestations.)

I also wonder what the parents think about all of this. I personally think they had nothing to do with Josh's motion. They're not stupid or cruel. There is no way Josh has any grounds to join the lawsuit.

3 minutes ago, Taylurker said:

I wonder if Josh feels entitled because he was the one who ran and told Daddy on himself? (It says so in the Washington report that the child who had just turned 14 in March 2002 told Jim Bob about the sleeping molestations.)

I can't imagine any 14-year-old, anywhere, for any reason, who would tattle on himself for such a heinous thing. IN MY OPINION ONLY, I think he got caught by someone else and the story has been spun to make it look like the "14-year-old" boy did the "right thing" by turning himself in.

2 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I can't imagine any 14-year-old, anywhere, for any reason, who would tattle on himself for such a heinous thing. IN MY OPINION ONLY, I think he got caught by someone else and the story has been spun to make it look like the "14-year-old" boy did the "right thing" by turning himself in.

Maybe when Jill woke up, Josh thought he had been caught so told on himself before anyone else had a chance to. But you're absolutely right, the beginning story could be twisted.  We don't really know.

10 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

The Duggars and Dillards seem to think we do. Sorry Jill and Derick, people stopped caring after you got married and had Izzy.

I have a friend in Little Rock and was thinking of asking her about the local news coverage.  

3 minutes ago, Taylurker said:

I also wonder what the parents think about all of this. I personally think they had nothing to do with Josh's motion. They're not stupid or cruel. There is no way Josh has any grounds to join the lawsuit.

Personally, I find it quite cruel to:

1. Deny your children decent educations.

2. Use a rod to hit your children.

3. Deny your children even the most basic level of privacy.

4. Sell your childrens' childhoods for reality tv fame.

5. Choose to protect your sexual predator teenage son over four of your daughters, who he abused.

6. Talk about how women should dress modestly because men are lustfilled and can't control themselves, while your daughters who were sexually assaulted as minors are sitting right there.

7. Convince your daughters it's their responsibility to raise their younger siblings.

8. Convince your daughters Jesus wants them to forgive their molester and that they should serve their attacker on hand and foot once he returned from Prayhab.

etc. etc. 

6 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Someone else can explain this better - but it's actually pretty common to see that type of self-reporting behavior in these families. 

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

@Jenn The HeathenI'mHeathenI'm so sorry, it won't let me delete the tag - & now it's flipping out on me.

although he'd say that without the scandal, he'd be a high-flying politician by now..... 

Stranger things have happened - Trump, Pence, May, Varadka...

25 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Personally, I find it quite cruel to:  (snip)

I think that all of that is messed up and makes one an inadequate parent, but to me cruel would be saying that men have the right to molest women, forbidding the children from marrying at all costs, being like Steve Maxwell and likening fun with the devil, or in extreme child abuse cases - locking their children in dog cages.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • hoipolloi unpinned this topic

Archived