IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 28 - A Mild Inappropriate Lawsuit

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, onekidanddone said:

Spellcheck is the devil's handiwork.

...but don't you just sense there's a legal secretary wasted on that office sitting there saying: "Copytype this? Of course."

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't what I would consider a well written and argued document. Since their request to intervene is so tenuous you would expect it to be better written with more case law. Although, I wouldn't imagine their would be much case law in support. I don't see it working I swear he just wanted attention. The girls probably don't understand the law and arguments enough and are not allowed to be furious. Their lawyers must be steaming though it makes no sense. Josh is incredibly self centered. 

A bit off-topic, but my parents do believe in actual demons. My dad has a story of a demon sitting on his chest and trying to choke him to death. I'm sure it's a total coincidence that the story sounds exactly like classic sleep paralysis...

19 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I am more interested in this allegation that Josh has been impacted professional. He had a big time job because he was on a reality show. That was his only qualification. He isn't a well educated man who was moving up the corporate ladder when it all crashed down. His lack of education, and real work experience outside of TV and Daddy, were always going to limit his employment prospects. 

16 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Page 3 of the document:

Movant is entitled to intervention by right in that, as the underage juvenile offender who
was the subject of the child abuse investigative reports released by the State investigative
agencies in violation of Arkansas law and, therefore, the primary focus of the legislative purpose
in protecting juvenile records due to the stigma and other negative consequences including
hindered educational opportunities and diminished employment prospects associated with a
criminal history, the existing parties cannot adequately represent his interest.

Someone smarter than me please explain this to me. Are they trying to say that due to the release of the reports, Josh cannot further his education? Who are they trying to kid here. Josh was/is never going to further his education.

These 2 comments go so well together.  The Duggars famously showed off about the fact their kids would never go to school, or go to college, and that they didn't need to.  The only thing I can think is that he applied to Crown or somewhere, to train as a Pastor, as they rejected him, because of course they did - BUT a. he didn't have qualifications to get into University (does he have a GED even?) and b. the Ashley Madison thing came so fast on the heels of the InTouch thing, and I'm pretty sure that the sexual infidelities *as an adult* were more impactful than the molestation stuff, as he at least begged for forgiveness for that.

And again, how would he prove he was rejected from anything because of the molestation scandal, and that *only* - it would have to be specifically in writing, surely?

But yeah, it's crazy that someone who only got a job because he was a reality TV "star" on a very small show, feels they're owed a career....  And hell, not just a career, but one on TV and/or in politics.  As others have said, he could easily get a different kind of job, but no one else in the damn family seems to work for a living bar JD,

I remember when they sent Jinger to help Josh (is a douche) and Anna in D.C. the laundry room victim. The one that cried in the interview. Nice job, Kim Jong Boob.

12 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Spellcheck is the devil's handiwork.

Indiscrete is actually a real word.  It just isn't the word they were looking for.   Which I think makes it even more amusing.

17 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

A bit off-topic, but my parents do believe in actual demons. My dad has a story of a demon sitting on his chest and trying to choke him to death. I'm sure it's a total coincidence that the story sounds exactly like classic sleep paralysis...

My cousin will describe, in great detail, the demon that lived in her bedroom in one of the houses they lived in when she was a child. 

She was quick to point out that the demon had stayed behind when they moved out of that house--especially when the teenaged daughter of that family committee suicide in my cousin's former bedroom. 

But whatever:  I don't believe in literal demons. 

26 minutes ago, Jess said:

It wasn't what I would consider a well written and argued document. Since their request to intervene is so tenuous you would expect it to be better written with more case law. Although, I wouldn't imagine their would be much case law in support. I don't see it working I swear he just wanted attention. The girls probably don't understand the law and arguments enough and are not allowed to be furious. Their lawyers must be steaming though it makes no sense. Josh is incredibly self centered. 

Would Josh and his lawyer had to consult with the four Duggar women's lawyers prior to filing? If yes and they put this through I don't have much faith that the Duggar women's lawyers are taking this case seriously. If Josh and his lawyer didn't have to consult, they must be fuming and I wouldn't be surprised if one or both the firms drop the Duggar women as clients.

I can believe he is suing. From birth, he learned how to deflect personal responsibility from his mistakes because godliness. Satan and evil liberals are the reason he can no longer be the poster boy for his wholesome family. I think one of the main reasons Josh has the audacity to sue is because he is now stuck working at the car lot. We all know his work ethic was low, even by Duggar standards. He probably hates working   a regular 9-5 job and seeing his sisters, especially Jessa, enjoying the perks of having reality tv money and becoming the new face of the family. I mean Anna makes a rare appearance but it's going to be harder to incorporate her without mentioning the greasy philanderer. Gosh, Josh Duggar is the biggest piece of shit to grace reality tv. I can't believe people think Kim Kardashian is more of a threat to society than J'Lazy's sleazy ass. Excuse my language but Fuck Josh Duggar (sorry Anna that you actually do this).

37 minutes ago, Lurky said:

But yeah, it's crazy that someone who only got a job because he was a reality TV "star" on a very small show, feels they're owed a career....  And hell, not just a career, but one on TV and/or in politics.  As others have said, he could easily get a different kind of job, but no one else in the damn family seems to work for a living bar JD,

Do the Duggar children even have diplomas?  I'm not knocking home schooling because I've seen some parents who've executed it brilliantly, but it didn't seem like much learning was ever going on in that house.  I remember watching one of the specials years ago and Michelle was teaching the kids about bankruptcy law.  Joy had to be 5, 6 tops and I remember thinking what about reading and writing?  And I remember a teenage Josh fumbling through a speech for Michelle's father in which he said "he's been a huge investment in my life" (paraphrasing).

Josh definitely got that DC job because of his public profile and the attention he and his family could bring to the organization's causes. 

20 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Would Josh and his lawyer had to consult with the four Duggar women's lawyers prior to filing? If yes and they put this through I don't have much faith that the Duggar women's lawyers are taking this case seriously. If Josh and his lawyer didn't have to consult, they must be fuming and I wouldn't be surprised if one or both the firms drop the Duggar women as clients.

No they don't have to consult first. 

Did the daughters/victims actually file the initial lawsuit, or did JimBoob, on their behalf?

JB and his eldest son personify Proverbs 16:18:

Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

I gave my religion up a long time ago, but I still truly believe the above passage. 

5 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

@VelociRapture, I just don't see any valid reason for the Duggar sisters' lawsuit. It all seems hypocritical and self-serving to me, just a blatant money grab. 

I do think JBoob is behind all the legal actions, the not-girls would not consult with an attorney on their own and he wants to secure Smuggars' future so he doesn't have to take care of all his kids. Gah.

J-B wants to get his greedy paws on money from somewhere to ensure that Anna has to stay on the TTH Compound. If Joshly can't support his family properly, J-B will have to take over otherwise Anna may just one day wake up, smell the roses, and walk away. If Anna has no money troubles she may not. At least (IMO) that's possibly how J-B's nasty corrupt little brain thinks.

@Jenn The HeathenThey pursue GEDs. I don't know if they all earned them or just some did. I believe that Josh Duggar (is a Douche) and Jill earned them. We also know Jana was working on her GED back in 2006 because it's mentioned in her report. I'd guess that most of the adult offspring likely hold GEDs.

14 minutes ago, Jess said:

So let's recap

-a lawsuit is filed by the four Duggar woman just as the statue of limitations is about to run out

-the lawsuit is filed just before Joy's wedding (overshadowing her wedding)

-Jill decides to blab about the lawsuit which is a no-no

-Intensity about the Duggars' lawsuit dies down as people realize that this is going to take 2-3 years

-Lionel Hutz advises Jim Bob and Josh that they may be able to make money off another lawsuit

-Josh decides to tack himself onto the lawsuit without consulting the J'Slaves + Joy's lawyers if it's a good idea or not

-The Duggars are back in the news for all the wrong reasons

-Duggars release the name of Baby Dilly v2.0 in order to distract from their fumbling. Yet not a single fuck was given that day.

They need better lawyers and a PR person, stat.

Don't most fundamentalist Christians believe in demons? Aren't "prayer warriors" praying to keep demons away? I think the Duggars may well agree that Josh is driven by demons, but they would mean that literally. And it does help me understand how they could forgive him.

Actually, I can imagine the scenario where Josh confessed, because he was terrified of what he was doing, and worried it would go further.  And this is why, hands down, I'm so *angry* about what JB&M did about it.  Not get him help with a counsellor, just lots of prayer - and then were shocked and appalled when it happened again.

In research I've read, a significant proportion of sexual abusers DO turn themselves in, because it tends to be a crime of escalation, and there are feelings of being helpless in the face of it, and out of control.   And if people are asking for help with committing crimes, they absolutely should be helped by trained professionals - while at the same time, making sure there's protection for past and potential victims, to make sure they're not re/victimised while the offender is getting treatment - and of course, providing any victim with adequate support.  This doesn't just count for sexual crimes, but also Domestic Abuse, for example.

One of the problems with Fundydom is frequent disbelief in mental health issues and treatment, and the perverse idea that if you just pray hard enough, everything will go away.  I can completely see why the "pray harder" model would appeal to an abuser, because it promises forgiveness - but then, if they re-offend, I can see how it would be so much harder to confess a second or third time.  Locking Josh's sisters away from them and presuming that makes them safe, because sex is something you do in bedrooms, is just bizarre, especially when the incidents used laundry and storytime as opportunities for abuse.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, here's a link to the material the IBLP/ATI used for counselling victims of sexual abuse - so likely the sort of thing the victims in this case received, if anything.  Obviously, trigger warnings apply (it's sickening)

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2013/04/how-counseling-sexual-abuse-blames-and-shames-survivors/

One belief that I've seen promoted heavily by both fundies and conservative Catholics is the idea that the better you are and the more you're doing for God, the more Satan focuses on you and tries to attack you. This is how people like Josh Duggar convince themselves that they are special, holy, and chosen by God, despite their fuckery. Remember Josh's comment about Satan's fortress in his heart? Josh sinned because Satan made him sin. And the only reason Satan made Josh sin is because Josh is such a powerful and holy man after God's own heart that Satan's working overtime to bring him down.

@singsingsing Oh vomit. Not at you,  at the concept. You're probably right. Poor little Joshy, attacked by Satan because he's so holy. :smiley-signs131:

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

This cretinous, sagging pile of ground turkey...

No fair denigrating ground turkey like that.  I think you mean "cretinous, sagging pile of dog poop sprayed by unneutered male cat's urine." In fact, I think that's too kind a description for Josh Duggar (who, I agree, is a douche).  

50 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Did the daughters/victims actually file the initial lawsuit, or did JimBoob, on their behalf?

My guess is that since they all are of age, they technically had to have filed it themselves. (Correct?) But I have no doubt that JimBoob was involved somehow, be it by having the documents drawn up and doing everything short of having the daughters agree to the filing, by just telling the daughters they were going to file the suit and that was that, or somewhere in between. TL;DR: I think they filed it but JimBoob compelled them to file it.

I wonder if Jim Bob has power of attorney for the girls and started the suit without their knowledge or consent.   They may have been presented with a this is what we/you are doing, cooperate for the good of the family.

Power of attorney has to be part of the transer of authority on their wedding days :pb_lol:

Ok here is my list of thoughts:

1. How do we know he stopped considering he was left alone with the girls even though they said he wasn't once he came back from faux rehab

2.  The two people who should have answered for this never will unless one of the victims actually decides that what happened was bull and goes after them in some way.

3. Josh is a douche who can't stand he isn't the favorite or in the limelight anymore and at this point is desperate hence the ridiculous lawsuit.  If he continues to feel like a trapped animal what other crazy things will he do for attention?

4. I can't imagine what Anna is going through.  She is as much a victim in this travesty.  Thanks to her screwed up upbringing she won't leave and I can't imagine what she feels everyday wondering when the next bombshell is going to drop.

1 hour ago, Jess said:

This makes WAY more sense to me now. The daughters had potentially a legitimate suit, especially the youngest victim who was still a minor at the time. And I could not understand why Jim Bob would jeopardize a pay out by adding Josh. But Josh possibly did this without the family's approval which is why it occurred after the initial filing. He was probably seething at the idea his sisters could get money and no one would do anything for poor Josh after all he has suffered. Josh is entitled and hasn't learned or been humbled even slightly, which I'm not really suprised by. Poor Anna.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • hoipolloi unpinned this topic

Archived