IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 28 - A Mild Inappropriate Lawsuit

Coconut Flan

22 minutes ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

This meme, verbatim, captures all of my feelings about Josh Duggar these days. The rumors about his return to the next season of "Counting On" were bad enough, now he wants to join (thereby jeapordizing) his victims' invasion of privacy lawsuit?

Joshly the Douche Duggar claims he can't find employment because of the shame, and I'm calling BS on that.  If he can be on a tacky reality show and get paid by TLC that is employment

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

He should do the decent thing and become a reclusive monk up a mountain somewhere thereby relinquishing his hold on Anna and her children.

I say go eunuch, just to be sure.

Apologies, I can add nothing of substance to the debate but thanks to all those who are educating me on the legalities and suchlike. I think there are quite a few of us non-US peeps, who, perhaps be like me, have legal knowledge that stems from the first few seasons of The Good Wife and the lengthy explanations are very much appreciated.

I haven't read the articles yet, but PLEASE, PLEASE tell me that they are referring to him as the "sex pest" again.

That was the absolute best thing ever. 

With regards to Josh tattling on himself...

Two demons have apparently been raging within Josh Duggar since his early adolescence: the demon of legalistic religion, and the demon of sexual deviancy. He was allowed neither healthy spiritual exploration, nor healthy sexual exploration. It was one extreme or the other. Both exerted enormous influence over him. Don't think for an instant that his warped sexual urges were more powerful than his warped sense of religious and family obligation. Of course he told on himself. He knew that what he was doing was wrong, and he was probably terrified of the wrath of God and of his parents, but he couldn't stop.

In some ways it might have been a cry for help, but he had also been indoctrinated from birth to confess the most minute 'sins' to his mother and father. His sexual demon drove him to molest his sisters, and his religious demon drove him to confess to his parents. This kid (now adult) was never allowed to develop an actual sense of right and wrong, an actual sense of moral behaviour, healthy shame, or true self-control. He's just been following the same pattern since he was a young teenager: sin-confess-cry-redemption-sin-confess-cry-redemption-sin-confess-cry....

Now I'm not sure his urge to confess his sins carried over into adulthood. He's obviously an incredibly sick individual, and I can imagine he had a lot of inner turmoil about the double life he was leading (frankly, it showed in his appearance - he looked sick and miserable and exhausted constantly), but he was enjoying his sins too much to stop. Because, again, it's totally black and white, one extreme or the other. Moving away from fundamentalism and embracing a more liberal version of religion, sexuality, and life in general was not an option for him. So his only perceived option was to try to separate those two aspects of his life: the religious demon in one box, the sexual demon in the other.

Sadly, I see no reason that's going to change. He's clearly learned nothing. I feel terrible for Anna and for their children. The sin-confess-cry-redemption-sin-confess-cry cycle is just going to repeat forever.

14 minutes ago, Taylurker said:

I think that all of that is messed up and makes one an inadequate parent, but to me cruel would be saying that men have the right to molest women, forbidding the children from marrying at all costs, being like Steve Maxwell and likening fun with the devil, or in extreme child abuse cases - locking their children in dog cages.

Well, remember this cult teaches that it's impossible to be a "victim" of domestic violence, because of insert irrelevant Bible verse here misquoted that says something about beating, lots of ellipses, and wives.  Women must make their bodies "joyfully available" to their husbands at all times or they're at fault if he cheats.   And they can't act to protect their kids from their husband's sexual abuse unless they first "appeal" to their husbands, then to his parents, and then to the church.

But I guess that doesn't qualify any more than keeping CinderDuggar at home helping with the kids.  

There are lots of levels of child cruelty to talk about, but when your defense is "They only locked the girls in their bedroom, not cages"...  that's kind of damming in and of itself.

Just now, moriah said:

Well, remember this cult teaches that it's impossible to be a "victim" of domestic violence, because of insert irrelevant Bible verse here misquoted that says something about beating, lots of ellipses, and wives.  Women must make their bodies "joyfully available" to their husbands at all times or they're at fault if he cheats.   And they can't act to protect their kids from their husband's sexual abuse unless they first "appeal" to their husbands, then to his parents, and then to the church.

But I guess that doesn't qualify any more than keeping CinderDuggar at home helping with the kids.  

There are lots of levels of child cruelty to talk about, but when your defense is "They only locked the girls in their bedroom, not cages"...  that's kind of damming in and of itself.

I was not aware that they locked the children in the bedrooms. When did they say that? You mean they actually put them all in the room and locked it at night? With a key?

As far as the cult goes, I have heard about the "joyfully available" bull, but I thought that sexual abuse towards one's children and domestic violence was strictly forbidden just like the rest of the world thinks.

But anyway, one's definition of cruel is subjective. Don't get me wrong, though. I think that the Gothard cult is horrible. You don't need to debate me on that.

@TaylurkerAfter the molestations the parents put a lock on their daughters' bedroom door. I think Jill and Jessa spoke about it in the Megyn Kelly interview.

Its not clear where the lock was located. It's possible (and likely) that the daughters were able to lock the door from the inside.

Cruelty is subjective. But I think most people would agree that manipulating your daughters into forgiving and waiting on their brother (who sexually assaulted them) is pretty cruel.

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Cruelty is subjective. But I think most people would agree that manipulating your daughters into forgiving and waiting on their brother (who sexually assaulted them) is pretty cruel.

I shudder when I think of the years the laundry room victim spent doing his laundry after he sexually assaulted her.  Not just the idea that she had to do the pig's laundry, but also that she had to do that laundry in the very place he assaulted her.

Just now, VelociRapture said:

@TaylurkerAfter the molestations the parents put a lock on their daughters' bedroom door. I think Jill and Jessa spoke about it in the Megyn Kelly interview.

Its not clear where the lock was located. It's possible (and likely) that the daughters were able to lock the door from the inside.

Wow. Well I certainly hope that it was on the inside, like most normal homes have... This cult is just a never-ending rabbit hole.

I agree that that is pretty cruel if you look at it with that perspective.

34 minutes ago, moriah said:

Well, remember this cult teaches that it's impossible to be a "victim" of domestic violence, because of insert irrelevant Bible verse here misquoted that says something about beating, 

That's the same Bible my ex read. A 'friend' of mine had her husband raise it - you know, as you do, over Sunday lunch with kids within 10ft. His response was "yes, but you and I know the Bible says it's legal to discipline your wife with anything smaller than your forearm".

47 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Two demons have apparently been raging

Just clarifying:  do you mean this literally or figuratively? 

4 hours ago, flycat said:

Travis Story is also on the Arkansas Commission to dispense marijuana licenses.  https://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2016/12/07/marijuana-commission-to-be-gatekeeper-for-dispensaries-grow-centers

Also, Bob Ballinger (who is Austin's brother in law's dad) practices at the Story Law Firm.

This may be the first cracks in the family.

I can't seem to read the original legal docs on the Huff Post story, but  in the text quoted:

"Not so with Movant,....has subjected him to exposure only in an intensely negative  light for actions he engaged in as an indiscrete youth...."

Hasn't the ganja lawyer gone for the wrong spelling/meaning?

I mean, I'm no *degreed law professional or anything.....

4 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Figuratively. ;) I don't blame you for asking for clarification, though - you don't know me, and for all you know I might truly believe that literal demons have infested Josh's body.

Actually, that might explain a lot...

Josh Duggar (is a douche) makes me so ragey. That useless, waste of carbon, fuck really has some nerve.

5 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

...isn't that the ...I want to say Buddhist (?) story - where the wise monk tells the young boy: 'The wolf who wins is the one you feed'.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Figuratively

Whewwwww!!!1!1!1!111!!

1 minute ago, MadeItOut said:

...isn't that the ...I want to say Buddhist (?) story - where the wise monk tells the young boy: 'The wolf who wins is the one you feed'.

I think it's supposed to be a Cherokee legend, but yeah, I think that's basically the gist of it. Except I think in the legend, one of the wolves is supposed to be the good wolf, whereas my argument with Josh was that both 'wolves' were bad and what he needed was more of a golden retriever.

And... now I think I've stretched this metaphor? allusion? about as far as it'll go... :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Did anyone care about Baby Dilly #2 anyway? :P 

Bueller - anyone 

those are crickets I hear 

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I think it's supposed to be a Cherokee legend, but yeah, I think that's basically the gist of it.

That's the one! ...proof positive if ever it were needed that MIO is completely shit at geography.

ETA: ...and the golden retriever - literally made me giggle out loud.

3 minutes ago, ElToro said:

I can't seem to read the original legal docs on the Huff Post story, but  in the text quoted:

"Not so with Movant,....has subjected him to exposure only in an intensely negative  light for actions he engaged in as an indiscrete youth...."

Hasn't the ganja lawyer gone for the wrong spelling/meaning?

I mean, I'm no *degreed law professional or anything.....

Oh my gosh!  That is a great catch! I looked at the original lawsuit and it is misspelled in the document.

3 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Whewwwww!!!1!1!1!111!!

I'm getting a kick out of the fact that you're genuinely relieved that I wasn't talking about actual demons. Hey, we've had some odd folks swing by FJ, so you never know.

4 minutes ago, flycat said:

Oh my gosh!  That is a great catch! I looked at the original lawsuit and it is misspelled in the document.

Spellcheck is the devil's handiwork.

This law firm they're using specializes in Church Law. Does this make them Degreed Christian Persecution Complex Lawyers™? 

This cretinous, sagging pile of ground turkey...

36 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

To spell this out further: JB and Michelle not only made their daughters live in the same home as their abuser for years, but after Smuggar finally did move out, they kept sending the girls - including at least one of his victims - to ""help"" him and his family in DC with zero oversight and zero resources or support if something were to happen. A pretty good indication of the Duggar parents' commitment to protecting their daughters.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • hoipolloi unpinned this topic

Archived