IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 28 - A Mild Inappropriate Lawsuit

Coconut Flan

Travis Story is also on the Arkansas Commission to dispense marijuana licenses.  https://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2016/12/07/marijuana-commission-to-be-gatekeeper-for-dispensaries-grow-centers

Also, Bob Ballinger (who is Austin's brother in law's dad) practices at the Story Law Firm.

This may be the first cracks in the family.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Coach soccer? Teach? 

I would hope to God that no one would hire him for a job that requires him to be around children.  We don't know if he ever touched a child once he was of age but still....

ETA, I see now that you meant Jeremy.  He has a job outside of the show to support him. Josh, Bin and Dwreck all need the gravy train though. 

Sometimes, where there is smoke, there really is fire. I thought there was something to this before Huff Po published the motion, because Smuggar is stupid and worships at the altar of the almighty dollar like his whole damn family does.

Fuck the Duggars, including the not-girls, excluding the littles. Greedy assholes, all of em'.

2 minutes ago, JMO said:

I would hope to God that no one would hire him for a job that requires him to be around children.  We don't know if he ever touched a child once he was of age but still....

again, she was referencing Jeremy... as far as we know, he's fine to be around children :)

It's so bizarre that all 4 daughters are rep-ed by the same lawyer, and I wonder how they can separate the tactics?

It feels like there's conflict of interest between the sisters

• Jill and Jessa outed themselves, claimed no big deal, they were asleep and didn't even know, everyone does it, etc.  If they're trying to walk that back, they have to say they were lying on national tv - so why believe they're not lying in court?  Their downplaying of the abuse wasn't just about them, it was about their sisters - so they're probably more damaging to their sisters' cases.
  • Jinger was the laundry room victim, and it sounds like that was the most traumatic incident.  Never confirmed as a victim until Jill or Jessa outed her.   She actually has a case against Jessa/Jill (whichever it was) as muhc as In Touch
  • Joy is the only one who was a minor when named, and the one who was truly identifiable from the redacted documents due to the age issue - so her case is the strongest.

I would have separate lawyers, especially for Jinger/Joy, who have never publicly stated that they agreed with the Jill-Jessa take on it.  I also wonder how one lawyer would be able to manage things like, eg, should they accept a large pay-out just for Joy, or push for a smaller settlement for all 4?

1 minute ago, SilverBeach said:

Fuck the Duggars, including the not-girls, excluding the littles. Greedy assholes, all of em'.

And at the end of they day it will be the youngest Duggars who will suffer the most because of the reprehensible behavior of those who came before them.  At least all of the non-Smuggar offspring don't have to carry the name. 

@VelociRapture, I just don't see any valid reason for the Duggar sisters' lawsuit. It all seems hypocritical and self-serving to me, just a blatant money grab. 

I do think JBoob is behind all the legal actions, the not-girls would not consult with an attorney on their own and he wants to secure Smuggars' future so he doesn't have to take care of all his kids. Gah.

@VelociRapture @Front Hugging Fiend I thought I had finally emotionally checked out of the Josh Duggar (is a douche) case, but reading your bulleted lists makes me furious all over again. 

Good God, the man is such a fucking douche, he's attained the title of "Douchenozzle."

9 minutes ago, Lurky said:

It's so bizarre that all 4 daughters are rep-ed by the same lawyer, and I wonder how they can separate the tactics?

I would have separate lawyers, especially for Jinger/Joy, who have never publicly stated that they agreed with the Jill-Jessa take on it.  I also wonder how one lawyer would be able to manage things like, eg, should they accept a large pay-out just for Joy, or push for a smaller settlement for all 4?

Your right at this point I feel it's a waivable conflict, but the longer the case goes on the higher the chance it becomes non waivable and they will be forced to withdraw from all four. Most lawyers wouldn't have taken the risk. I can't see the case making it to trial without it finally becoming an issue.

5 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

@VelociRapture, I just don't see any valid reason for the Duggar sisters' lawsuit. It all seems hypocritical and self-serving to me, just a blatant money grab. 

I completely understand what you mean. But I can see, for instance, why Joy would sue. It was beyond obvious she was a victim because her age was listed on one of the reports. That seems like something that absolutely should have been redacted (though I have no experience doing so and I believe you do, so I could be wrong.) And I can also understand that they have a genuine right to feel violated and angry as well. Even though I do think things were done legally, I still understand how they could feel their trust was violated and how they might want to send some sort of message because of that.

But, again, I don't think they're likely to win based off the discussions there have been in this thread. I think the lawsuit is likely misguided, but I'm more ok with the four victims filing then I am with Josh trying to attach himself to it too.

22 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

@VelociRapture @Front Hugging Fiend I thought I had finally emotionally checked out of the Josh Duggar (is a douche) case, but reading your bulleted lists makes me furious all over again. 

Good God, the man is such a fucking douche, he's attained the title of "Douchenozzle."

I have that effect on people. It's a gift. A beautiful gift. :pb_lol:

He is the douchest douche in all of Doucheville.

i don't believe any Duggars or spouses of the children oppose this law suit. They all drink from the same cup of kool aid.  They are blinded by a self righteous pride buoyed up by family,  friends, and leadership in their cult that rebuffs all  accusation and responsibility for their own sexual crimes.  Why would Josh be any different? Sisters Or any spouses?  Every adult child and spouse has access to all the information to correct  caustic beliefs. They choose to stay the course and follow family protocol.  I used to hope Jeremy had a decent head on his shoulders until his wife signed her named on that suit.  He indeed has kowtowed to the powers that be and aligned himself with the Duggar victimization.

What I don't get is that these people aren't being smart. Like if this was Jim Bob looking to make money, the smart thing would have been to have left Josh out of it. But they really must believe Josh was also wronged and feel they need vindication. Like they can't learn. They can't accept maybe "God" and society is  telling you your son messed up and needs to repent for his actions. Nope. They have been wronged. 

Okay question for any of our Degreed Law Professionals. 

The Duggar women filed their suit based on the claim that they were minors when the abuse occurred and the reports were not properly redacted to protect victims of sexual assaults' identities, right? 

So in addition to all of the other reasons why Smuggar should not be included in the same case, how can he make the same argument? He was not the victim of the sexual assault and therefore his identity should not have been protected as such. He was a minor, should his file have been sealed? Should his name have been redacted too? Can he make a similar claim at all? 

This makes me furious but it also makes no logical sense to me, which makes me even more furious, because why are the Duggars so special that they're exempt from basic reason ffs? 

Hiya, there.  Long term lurker, first time poster.  When I saw news of Josh joining the lawsuit, I knew it was time to come out of my dark corner and post.

Maybe someone with legal expertise can weigh in, but isn't he looking to profit from a crime he committed?  Yeah, I know he was never actually convicted of anything (yuck), but if he didn't molest his sisters, there would be no (in their option) poorly redacted police report to expose to the their world?  Therefore, if Josh wins, he essentially will be paid for molesting his sisters.

I can't decided if this family is deluded or stupid.  It's probably both.

Welcome out of lurkdom, @Jenn The Heathen - and yeah, it really does look like he wants to profit from his crimes, although he'd say that without the scandal, he'd be a high-flying politician by now..... God forgave him, so it's unfair he can't be treated as washed in the blood of the lamb, etc etc :my_angry:

28 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

I can't decided if this family is deluded or stupid.  It's probably both.

I think it's both. They believe that the molestation being made public was worst then the molestation itself. If there isn't something wrong with that, then something is very wrong. They also continued to let Josh live with his victims. Sure he went to some version of Jesus Jail, but he came home. How could those girls ever feel safe again? They had to forgive him and block it all out. The Duggars suck big time and they shouldn't profit from this. I feel horrible for them all but no money, none. 

@emscmJosh was a minor when he sexually assaulted the victims. He was not a minor when the abuse was reported to police. He turned 18 about nine months before the reports were made. So I don't see how he can claim they should have been sealed - as far as I know, the only way they would have been sealed was if he were a minor when the reports were made (which he wasn't) or if it had gone to trial and a judge ordered them sealed (which it didn't and they weren't.)

*I am not a Degreed Law Professional. @Buzzard or @Jess, among others, may be able to answer better.

The fact that Josh lied and had a secret life for what months or years should be a duh moment to the family that he should separate himself from the lawsuit. They can't seriously hide behind their faith and say this is God's will. They can't.

I say open up a ice cream shop and off of television to find some sense of normalcy.

Side note: I recall JB laughing at the idea of his kids getting a college degree. That they won't need it. Some of them are married now, I am sure they could qualify for some type of aid to get at least a certificate or associates degree. They might want to consider that at this point.

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

@emscmJosh was a minor when he sexually assaulted the victims. He was not a minor when the abuse was reported to police. He turned 18 about nine months before the reports were made. So I don't see how he can claim they should have been sealed - as far as I know, the only way they would have been sealed was if he were a minor when the reports were made (which he wasn't) or if it had gone to trial and a judge ordered them sealed (which it didn't and they weren't.)

*I am not a Degreed Law Professional. @Buzzard or @Jess, among others, may be able to answer better.

I wonder does it have to do with their culture that they are not adults until he marries. However, if his State has 18 is an adult then he is an adult despite what the parents' belief. *No offense to anyone religious.*

I think they are all money wh*res. Nothing more, nothing less. They love money as much as they proclaim a love for Jesus. JB sold his pure family and lifestyle for easy MONEY... knowing full well this tidbit lurked below the surface. He gambled and lost. They all need to get family supporting jobs and stop selling private moments and anonymity for easy cash. Problem solved.

36 minutes ago, sunshine said:

I wonder does it have to do with their culture that they are not adults until he marries. However, if his State has 18 is an adult then he is an adult despite what the parents' belief. *No offense to anyone religious.*

Age of majority in Arkansas, like pretty much every state, is 18.

I think they're just assholes playing fast and loose with facts. Or they honestly don't get that his age at the time of the assaults is trumped by his age when the reports were made. 

As a direct and proximate result of the illegal, and arguably criminal, act in the release of those records by the separate State actor Defendants and the subsequent publication of those protected records by Defendant media companies,  Movant has suffered severe emotional distress, embarrassment, humiliation and economic harm both to his personal and professional reputations. Movant’s injuries can be redressed, as much as they reasonably can be, through recovery or restitution of monetary damages and equitable relief, the award of punitive damages and attorney’s fees as will be requested.

wahwahwah...i molested my sisters and everybody found out, gimmee moneymoneymoney so i can feel better... :my_angry: this is so f-ing ridiculous!

well people.com hasn't posted anything which imo is huge because they usually love this stuff. And Jessa is not doing any talking except for posting pictures of Henry's 4 month old life 

I think maybe it's time to renew our email and letter writing campaigns to sponsors and Discovery/TLC. When a pedophile can not only commit the crimes but then takes no responsibility for his actions and wants to be paid off as a victim himself?? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • hoipolloi unpinned this topic

Archived