IGNORED

Race to the Altar: Unmarried Fundies 3

Bethella

I also suspect that her brother Willie is seeing someone-- he's posted several IG stories lately of him with a girl. No idea who she is.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matthias Wissmann turned 26 in June, but he did the commentary for a blog post last month and he writes like he's maybe 13:

http://wissmanns.blogspot.com/2017/08/a-field-trip-with-narration-by-matthias.html

And several people commented, "Great job, Matthias!" like he's 10 and this is his first blog post. I mean, presumably he's mature and hard working, and maybe he's just not much of a writer, but that blog post did not make me think of someone ready for marriage. I hope I don't sound mean. It just stood out for me.

10 hours ago, Corntree said:

Matthias Wissmann turned 26 in June, but he did the commentary for a blog post last month and he writes like he's maybe 13:

http://wissmanns.blogspot.com/2017/08/a-field-trip-with-narration-by-matthias.html

And several people commented, "Great job, Matthias!" like he's 10 and this is his first blog post. I mean, presumably he's mature and hard working, and maybe he's just not much of a writer, but that blog post did not make me think of someone ready for marriage. I hope I don't sound mean. It just stood out for me.

I think he was trying (and failing miserably) to be witty.

14 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

Anastasia Salyer is in a relationship. She has photos on her IG(oboecello is her username)

That guy looks vaguely familiar. Do you know his name? 

On 9/24/2017 at 8:06 PM, VBOY9977 said:

Daisy Roberts is in a relationship with a guy named Benjamin Young, based on her Instagram and Facebook 

He's not a pure one. A year ago he was in a relationship with someone named Alex. 

Daisy gets the leftover pieces of his heart now. I guess the pool is relatively small for absurd fundies, so clearly they have to lower their standards to get the girls out of the house.

27 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I guess the pool is relatively small for absurd fundies

I always love your posts in the S'Morton threads, but for some reason, this is my FJ comment of the year!  I love it!

Looks like Sarah Reith and Caleb Kennedy may be no more.  No sign of him on her Instagram anywhere and wedding date gone from the top of the page.  Can't imagine what could have happened after the umpteen times they professed their love for each other so publicly.

4 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Looks like Sarah Reith and Caleb Kennedy may be no more.  No sign of him on her Instagram anywhere and wedding date gone from the top of the page.  Can't imagine what could have happened after the umpteen times they professed their love for each other so publicly.

WTF? I feel really sorry for her. She seemed to be deeply in love. This is now her second failed relationship.

12 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I just went and saw that too.  His IG is private so I couldn't see what his says.  I didn't see him listed among accts that she is following but then again I started to get fed up scrolling through the things she follows that makes me ragey (all the Trumps, various failed hard right candidates, the Ark Encounter, the mandatory Magnolia account and no joke 6 different Tiny Houses accts).  I feel like Caleb is someone we followed before her.  Who is he related to?  

I don't remember ever hearing about him before their engagement. Something felt off about them, him in particular. They had a much longer than usual engagement for fundies considering the physical restrictions on their relationships. Also, every comment he made on any of her Instagram posts were her words spit back at her. I thought it was so strange. If she said 'Caleb, I thank god for you every day' he would comment 'I thank god for you every day, Sarah'. If she made a post saying 'Caleb, you're my best friend. I can't wait to be your wife.' He would comment 'Sarah, I can't wait for you to be my wife. You're my best friend.' That seemed to be every post. 

It actually makes me wonder about Sarah. Having 2 failed courtships/engagements is pretty rare for a fundie gal. I can't even think of another fundie that went through that. Does she jump into courtships too quickly and then regret it? 

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It actually makes me wonder about Sarah. Having 2 failed courtships/engagements is pretty rare for a fundie gal. I can't even think of another fundie that went through that. Does she jump into courtships too quickly and then regret it? 

I don't know how long they courted but they'd been engaged since last June/july... so I guess she's had pretty of time to figure if he was for her or not

I think maybe she found out something about him... or maybe having such a long engagement was a bad idea

45 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think maybe she found out something about him... or maybe having such a long engagement was a bad idea

I would say long engagements are probably a good thing in fundie land. If she had a short engagement she would be married to him and stuck. 

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would say long engagements are probably a good thing in fundie land. If she had a short engagement she would be married to him and stuck. 

Yeah you're right about that! I was thinking from the perspective of them having to wait so long to be able to do "married couple things" may have strained the relationship... but in the end it was definitely a good thing bc she isn't stuck with him forever

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jessica McDonald had two failed courtships. I think her sister Melissa married one of Jessica's exes. Sara Smith had two failed courtships. One of her exes is Christopher Maxwell. 

On 9/26/2017 at 9:49 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

That guy looks vaguely familiar. Do you know his name? 

I couldn't find his name. I found some photos of him on Ashley 's IG.

we need a category of failed relationships in the data table. :evil-laugh:

A bad relationship is always better than a bad marriage.

Zach found Whitney, they look happy, less restrictive than their parents.
I wonder what sarah thinks, or maybe she's happy singing with her family and does not end up wanting that step.

45 minutes ago, apiscue said:

we need a category of failed relationships in the data table. :evil-laugh:

A bad relationship is always better than a bad marriage.

Zach found Whitney, they look happy, less restrictive than their parents.
I wonder what sarah thinks, or maybe she's happy singing with her family and does not end up wanting that step.

I think I mentioned that before. There might be a thread. I'm not sure. I remember mentioning fundie marriages that ended. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think I mentioned that before. There might be a thread. I'm not sure. I remember mentioning fundie marriages that ended. 

We talked about a list of divorced fundies back in May (first page of this thread) but I'm not sure I really want to make one.

On 5/12/2017 at 5:23 PM, Lurky said:

@Bethella I don't want to give you more work, but I'm having a pile of schadenfreude imagining an extra table at the bottom, of divorced Fundies.

On 6/16/2017 at 8:34 AM, Marian the Librarian said:

Not sure if this has already been noted here - Justice Vernier (youngest brother of Audri Vernier Botkin) is engaged to Maggie Maye Rose, per his Instagram page. Quote from a pic posted five days ago:

"Over the last few months I've learned what it's like to stand on your own, being confident in yourself and standing on your own two feet. I feel like so much of my earlier years I was never given the chance to make a name for myself. I was kept in a world where everything was controlled and I never was given the opportunity to learn or understand what it means to be a man. Just because I've moved out, got a job, truck~car, girl, and soon to-be wife doesn't make you a man. A man is someone who knows how to stand on his own. He can stand up without being ashamed. He relies on the word of God as his mean source of wisdom then he uses common knowledge. I'd encourage you guys to get out there... stop hiding in your dads basement. Go see the world before it's too late."

A little rebellion in middle Tennessee! Go, Justice!! :clap:

https://www.instagram.com/_justicevernier

Justice posted on his public FB page on September 9: "Can't tell you how happy I am to have my parents back in my life. I love u Dad and Mom."

Sounds like a family rift has mended. He and his new wife are expecting a baby girl, and look very happy together.

14 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

Jessica McDonald had two failed courtships. I think her sister Melissa married one of Jessica's exes.

Yeah, Melissa married Garrison Sanford, whom Jessica had previously courted. I have not heard of the second failed courtship. Do you know anything about it?

16 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

Jessica McDonald had two failed courtships. I think her sister Melissa married one of Jessica's exes.

How awkward that must've been, her ex and her sister courting and getting married (hopefully there are no hard feelings anywhere) - even in foundieland that had to raise some eyebrows! Poor Jessica.

I'm with @JermajestyDuggar that it's FAR better to have a long engagement that goes nowhere because they realise things about each other than a short one where they find out incompatibilities *after* marriage.

And if not being able to have sex for a year causes a couple to split up, they shouldn't be together.  Tons of people manage without sex, because of religion, disabilities, long distance relationships etc.  If they want to marry ASAP because they want sex RIGHT NOW! that's a huge red flag to me.

9 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Justice posted on his public FB page on September 9: "Can't tell you how happy I am to have my parents back in my life. I love u Dad and Mom."

Sounds like a family rift has mended. He and his new wife are expecting a baby girl, and look very happy together.

I can't help but get really annoyed when stuff like this happens amongst any kind of fundie families. He wants to branch out on his own and his parents shun him for it. If he had failed, they would have said, "see I told you so. Now come home like a good boy." But since he made it on his own and now is married with a baby on the way (what his parents really want), then they can now mend things with him. I really hate conditional love for children. It's so fucked people. And Justice probably isn't seeing the full extent of how wrong it was for them to do that to him. 

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived