IGNORED

Race to the Altar: Unmarried Fundies 3

Bethella

5 hours ago, Corntree said:

Yeah, Melissa married Garrison Sanford, whom Jessica had previously courted. I have not heard of the second failed courtship. Do you know anything about it?

Jessica's second courtship was with Knox  Buciak. He lives in CA and attended one of the branches of the McDonald's denomination. I don't know any of the details, only that she posted photos of them at the time. 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can't help but get really annoyed when stuff like this happens amongst any kind of fundie families. He wants to branch out on his own and his parents shun him for it. If he had failed, they would have said, "see I told you so. Now come home like a good boy." But since he made it on his own and now is married with a baby on the way (what his parents really want), then they can now mend things with him. I really hate conditional love for children. It's so fucked people. And Justice probably isn't seeing the full extent of how wrong it was for them to do that to him. 

I suspect the main issue with his parents was the pregnancy coming before the wedding. Now he's made an "honest woman" out of her things can get better.

6 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I suspect the main issue with his parents was the pregnancy coming before the wedding. Now he's made an "honest woman" out of her things can get better.

Isn't it amazing how marriage fixes everything in fundie land!

16 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Edgar Roberts is back to single on fb.... that lasted a whole month lmao

Who was he courting? And I honestly like seeing that sort of thing with the young fundies. Dating is much better than the fundie way. 

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Who was he courting? And I honestly like seeing that sort of thing with the young fundies. Dating is much better than the fundie way. 

A girl named Christie ( who also deleted a pic she had with him on insta), who seems waaay too mainstream for the Roberts, even though they've become much less strict over the years 

John bought a house over the summer so we knew he was dating someone. John also was in Mitchell's wedding as an usher in September and went to the double wedding the day before. So we thought it might be a Bontragers since the family has been visiting the them lately. The girls also went to the Bontragers conference a few weeks ago. So we suspected it could be chelsey or Allison. 

On the bright side, Chelsy will get to keep her name and not be called Chelsy-middlename. Until Joe married Elissa, I sort of half expected that nobody would be good enough for Steve unless they had biblical names (yeah, I know, but Melanie married in before he went completely nuts it seems), and there would be a whole bunch of wives named things like Sarah-Grace and Sarah-Marie etc.

6 minutes ago, meee said:

On the bright side, Chelsy will get to keep her name and not be called Chelsy-middlename. Until Joe married Elissa, I sort of half expected that nobody would be good enough for Steve unless they had biblical names (yeah, I know, but Melanie married in before he went completely nuts it seems), and there would be a whole bunch of wives named things like Sarah-Grace and Sarah-Marie etc.

I don't think anyone would be good enough for Steve not just with the name thing. I'm very happy for John but I can't help put think this girl is going to be moving away from her family to be part of the Maxwell's. 

I just found out about Chelsy! Wow, I'm so sorry for her. I remember saying (either on this thread or the Bowers-Bontrager thread) something like 'I really hope neither Chelsy nor Allison get sucked into MaxHell' so I'm so disappointed that one of them has. I'm surprised it's Chelsy - I would have thought Allison was better suited to MaxHell given that Chelsy says on her 'About me' section on her blog that she's outspoken, speaks her mind etc., and it's Allison who writes stuff about not crushing her brothers' manhood etc. Smug and ignorant as I find Chelsy and her family, I feel sad to think of her being crushed into a little MaxHell box. I'm guessing she'll have to stop wearing jeans, too.

I didn't realize that Chelsy wore pants. Good for her. But like it was stated above that is not to be for much longer it's going to be skirts and dresses when she becomes a Maxwell. 

10 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

and it's Allison who writes stuff about not crushing her brothers' manhood 

call me immature, but this never gets old.......

Oh man!  I'm off to read about it but just want to say I'm so sad about this.  Chelsy seem like a fun young woman.  Her spark will be extinguished when she moves to Maxhell and has only the Maxwell's and the retirement home people for company.  One can hope that John will break some of the ties to the family and live a more independent life. 

Only plus side to this is that I think their babies are destined to have beautiful eyes since both of them have such unique eyes.

11 minutes ago, fundiefollower said:

Oh man!  I'm off to read about it but just want to say I'm so sad about this.  Chelsy seem like a fun young woman.  Her spark will be extinguished when she moves to Maxhell and has only the Maxwell's and the retirement home people for company.  One can hope that John will break some of the ties to the family and live a more independent life. 

Only plus side to this is that I think their babies are destined to have beautiful eyes since both of them have such unique eyes.

I think John is already doing some things his own way in regards to this courtship (look how close they are!). I'm hoping it means he will also do things differently in their marriage. 

I don't know the groom family, bit from what i see in the thread they don't seems to be anything positive. Can someone fill me in briefly? Thanks 

19 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I don't know the groom family, bit from what i see in the thread they don't seems to be anything positive. Can someone fill me in briefly? Thanks 

Oh that would take hours. Go to the Maxhell subforum and look around. I think there's a snarky summary there that can help you out. 

@Italiangirl, a really good summary was written by @mango_fandango very recently.  the thread title is called Maxwell Summary.  i am IT-challenged, so i can't post a link successfully, but you can put Maxwell Summary in the search bar and find it that way.  if someone wants to post a link, please do.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived