IGNORED

Race to the Altar: Unmarried Fundies 3

Bethella

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, JmW said:

Was Cory the guy she dated on the show?

Yes, the same one. He must have been a great support for her in the last year.

13 hours ago, Lurky said:

Which was the family where the sisters basically picked a godly maiden for their brother?  Is that at S'Morton story maybe?

When Noah Sanders got permission from his dad to start looking for a wife, he asked his sisters for suggestions and they all came up with the same name: Dorothy Morton. So he prayed about it, talked to his parents and to her parents, drove to Georgia, spent 3 days with her and they got engaged. 

Grace Mally (Sarah Mally's sister) is engaged to a guy named Josiah Moffitt. They've been engaged since August so I'm guessing they will get married before the new year. 

First the Bontrager/maxwell announcement and now evidence of a real Prince Charming for one of the Mally’s?  Wow.

30 minutes ago, clueliss said:

First the Bontrager/maxwell announcement and now evidence of a real Prince Charming for one of the Mally’s?  Wow.

Before we know it, an Arndt engagement will be announced!

:wow:

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

An Arndt engagement to a Maxwell girl. :boom:

(idle speculation!)

Yeah right! There would be a stand off between the two patriarchs as to where they would live. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yeah right! There would be a stand off between the two patriarchs as to where they would live. 

Where they would do what some may call "living".

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

According to their the knot wedding website, Luke Wilson and Sarah Hutson are getting married in February 24th next year, not this November like on the list.

https://www.theknot.com/us/sarah-hutson-and-luke-wilson-feb-2018

They must have changed the date, back in June the wedding was listed as November.

On 6/25/2017 at 11:26 PM, youthfulclearly said:

Austin Wilson and Anna Schrock are already married as of the 17th. Luke Wilson is engaged to a Sarah Hutson.

https://www.theknot.com/us/sarah-hutson-and-luke-wilson-nov-2017/

On 10/12/2017 at 2:23 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

they'd have to do a double wedding and then each patriarch "gets" one couple.

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

According to Jills Facebook, Nurie Rodriques is courting.

I've mixed feelings if this is true and not something that Jill is thing to sell us. In a way i hope that poor Nurie find someone who cares about her so sge could go out that house and maybe start to eat better and have some space for her, on the other way she is so young and shelter... 

29 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I've mixed feelings if this is true and not something that Jill is thing to sell us. In a way i hope that poor Nurie find someone who cares about her so sge could go out that house and maybe start to eat better and have some space for her, on the other way she is so young and shelter... 

Well I don't think she will fake a gift basket so I think it is for real this time.

I hope it is a very sweet guy that treats her really well.

On 10/10/2017 at 1:38 AM, Bethella said:

The wedding has been called off.

Is that the same Sarah Reith who broke off the courtship with the Bates lad?

On 10/10/2017 at 2:49 PM, hoipolloi said:

Too bad so sad, I guess.

To give the devils their due, the Shindig things usually seem to be held in parks or similar facilities where attendees can camp, use an RV or stay in low-budget cabins. 

I think Vaughn Ohlman also offered some discounts to his canceled underage marriage shindig but I can't remember the exact terms.

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

Well I don't think she will fake a gift basket so I think it is for real this time.

I hope it is a very sweet guy that treats her really well.

Yeah i haven't yet look in the Jill thread when i posted, so it seems that is true and once again Jill find a way to turn the lights on her. 

Poor Nurie she always want to go on a mission trip and now she is sell off to thw first guy who show interest on her 

On 10/10/2017 at 1:38 AM, Bethella said:

The wedding has been called off.

And the Reith social media accounts are scrubbed clean of any trace of their relationship, similar to what took place when the courtship with Zach Bates ended.

14 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Poor Sarah. 

It wouldn't be poor Sarah if these people didn't subscribe to such a fucked up way of thinking. If she were allowed to just date and touch and make out with and maybe even have sex with a romantic partner without the insane pressure of marriage constantly pushed on them then maybe she wouldn't have two broken engagements. Her parents screwed her over. I hope one day she sees that. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It wouldn't be poor Sarah if these people didn't subscribe to such a fucked up way of thinking. If she were allowed to just date and touch and make out with and maybe even have sex with a romantic partner without the insane pressure of marriage constantly pushed on them then maybe she wouldn't have two broken engagements. Her parents screwed her over. I hope one day she sees that. 

It seems that this relationship was more relaxed than her courtship with Zach Bates. Her smiles were bigger, she'd be linked-arms, side-huggy, and handholding, as well as all the "I love you, you're my best friend, I can't wait till forever, I miss you" comments. The engagement WAS over a year, which is long for everyone; especially fundies. There's no way to know who called it off and why, right? My theory is, the family band is too tight. Sarah's the second oldest and the only one, that we know of, who's ever even been in a relationship. Now she's in her late 20s, Lindsay's in her early 30s, and the badn bios say NOTHING about hoping for marriage and a family. Did the parents contribute to that? Possibly. It's too bad.

34 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

It seems that this relationship was more relaxed than her courtship with Zach Bates. Her smiles were bigger, she'd be linked-arms, side-huggy, and handholding, as well as all the "I love you, you're my best friend, I can't wait till forever, I miss you" comments. The engagement WAS over a year, which is long for everyone; especially fundies. There's no way to know who called it off and why, right? My theory is, the family band is too tight. Sarah's the second oldest and the only one, that we know of, who's ever even been in a relationship. Now she's in her late 20s, Lindsay's in her early 30s, and the badn bios say NOTHING about hoping for marriage and a family. Did the parents contribute to that? Possibly. It's too bad.

If these people weren't so psycho about gender roles and women not working then the family band wouldn't be a problem. She wouldn't have to choose. I hate that fundies put such staunch limits on females. 

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived