IGNORED

Race to the Altar: Unmarried Fundies 3

Bethella

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I believe Alyssa was "special friends" with John before she turned 18. 

Yes, I think she was, but I don't think we kept a list yet. Josie has just bypassed our singles list and went directly to the relationship portion. Lately it looks like the Bates daughters are jumping ship as soon as they're legal.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Yes, I think she was, but I don't think we kept a list yet. Josie has just bypassed our singles list and went directly to the relationship portion. Lately it looks like the Bates daughters are jumping ship as soon as they're legal.

It seems so. I remember they only had their blog back when Alyssa and John were special friends. There was a picture of them together while she was still 17. I bet we will see a lot of the girls married off before the boys just like the Duggars. In the fundie world, a woman only needs to be over the age of 16 to be married. While a man must of savings, a job, and a place to live.

On 8/6/2017 at 1:22 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

In the fundie world, a woman only needs to be over the age of 16 to be married. While a man must of savings, a job, and a place to live.

Well, in the Duggar world at least, a male prospect not having a job, place to live, or savings is not necessarily a dealbreaker. :tw_joy:

1 hour ago, lomo6 said:

Well, in the Duggar world at least, a male prospect not having a job, place to live, or savings is not necessarily a dealbreaker. :tw_joy:

Very true. Three Bontrager boys are getting married next month and they are all young. But the Bontragers are ex Mennonite so they are very hard workers. Those boys can easily support a new wife and growing family.

Gabriel Cleator of IBLP got married last weekend.

I don't know his wife's name, so I'm just posting this as an excuse to share this photo of them. James Staddon, who has a photography business, posted this on social media AS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW TO SHOOT WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY.

20615678_10159323669010093_4965689717230773850_o.thumb.jpg.51bd48cccb50ce4ea52103df4d48caf7.jpg

I repeat, James Staddon TEACHES PHOTOGRAPHY FOR A LIVING. 

Nothing like a picture of the back of the bride's head and a blurry shot of her groom awkwardly sitting in a tree. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Nothing like a picture of the back of the bride's head and a blurry shot of her groom awkwardly sitting in a tree. 

Oh come on -- that's not blurry, that's bokeh. 

According to Kendalyn staddon, her brother Jevenn Kowalchuk is getting married tomorrow ... found the girl on fb.. her name is Emily Stewart and they *gasp* kissed before marriage! 

IMG_1657.PNG

I've never heard the name Jevenn. Is that common in some other part of the world or is it kind of made up like Kendalyn? 

Now I want to know all the names of Kendalyn's siblings...

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I've never heard the name Jevenn. Is that common in some other part of the world or is it kind of made up like Kendalyn? 

Now I want to know all the names of Kendalyn's siblings...

Found it!  And I've never even heard of this family!

This four generational picture is all brought together by the antique threshing machine (from the home farm in Rivers, Manitoba) that sits in the background, which was operated by the two grandparents (George & Harold Treloar) and played on as a old fashion jungle gym by Treloar children (Diane, Marilyn, Cameron, Blaine & Chris) and Kowalchuk children

(Kendalyn, Aleita, Kerzdenn & Jevenn)

and now rests on the Kowalchuk's Happy Homestead!

4 generations of family, 4 generations of the Treloar name, 4 generations using the threshing machine, and 4 generations harvesting by the moon (my harvest in limited to vegetable gardening).

Aleita's a girl, Kerzdenn's a guy.  On another blog, I found out that Kendalyn and her husband of 5 1/2 years have three kids:  Sauntina, Marilee, and Joshua.

2 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Found it!  And I've never even heard of this family!

Aleita's a girl, Kerzdenn's a guy.  On another blog, I found out that Kendalyn and her husband of 5 1/2 years have three kids:  Sauntina, Marilee, and Joshua.

Thanks! Those are some interesting names! And I believe Kendalyn and Robert Staddon had their 4th child this year. In the spring I think. 

Do we know anything about the wedding happening in AR this weekend? The bride is Nawon Kwon and the groom is named cole. Several fundies have posted about the wedding but I have no clue who these people are. Jinger posted a picture with the bride on IG, and apparently the Rodriguii are there too. 

50 minutes ago, G33kywife said:

Do we know anything about the wedding happening in AR this weekend? The bride is Nawon Kwon and the groom is named cole. Several fundies have posted about the wedding but I have no clue who these people are. Jinger posted a picture with the bride on IG, and apparently the Rodriguii are there too. 

She's been in the Arkansas fundie circle for years, I have seen her in a lot of pics but there hasn't been much enfasis on her here. Her groom's name is Cole Losli according to fb

1 hour ago, G33kywife said:

It looks like she's good friends with Austin Forsyth's sister Megan. She was in Megan's wedding. So I bet Megan will be in her wedding too. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like she's good friends with Austin Forsyth's sister Megan. She was in Megan's wedding. So I bet Megan will be in her wedding too. 

Yes.  Megan and Jinger are two of six bridesmaids.  There was a post on the fort rock family camp instagram this morning  which was taken down soon afterwards showing Nawon with Megan, Jinger, Heidi Query and 3 other women referencing the upcoming wedding. I'm guessing Megan meant to post on her own Instagram and posted on the other one by mistake which may be why it was deleted.

On 8/11/2017 at 8:34 PM, Captain Obvious said:

I don't know his wife's name, so I'm just posting this as an excuse to share this photo of them. James Staddon, who has a photography business, posted this on social media AS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW TO SHOOT WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY.

20615678_10159323669010093_4965689717230773850_o.thumb.jpg.51bd48cccb50ce4ea52103df4d48caf7.jpg

Apparently he also photographed the wedding in Arkansas today.... he must be popular around fundies

IMG_1665.PNG

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:34 PM, Captain Obvious said:

Did this photog go to "portrait school" with Christopher Maxwell?

14 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Are they in love, or she about to abruptly turn and run away screaming?

He's photographing the fundie wedding the Duggars and other AR fundies went to this weekend. I'm sure there will be a few awkward gems.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He's photographing the fundie wedding the Duggars and other AR fundies went to this weekend. I'm sure there will be a few awkward gems.

Is this the same guy who announced that a baby had been born to his brother on Easter Sunday?

Well, there's nothing more romantic than when you're in the woods and you look back and there's this guy sitting awkwardly in a tree with that, "Hey girl, can I be your headship?" look.

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 7:35 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Thanks! Those are some interesting names! And I believe Kendalyn and Robert Staddon had their 4th child this year. In the spring I think. 

Their 4th  was born on january 2017.. Girl named Cadence.... 5th will be for summer 2018, I assume

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived