IGNORED

JinJer: Now with Social Media

Destiny

On 5/9/2017 at 11:54 PM, Lookingforwardtosidehugs said:

Re: What joy said:

In this "Counting On" new season  teaser video Joy and Jill press Jinger on whether she is pregnant yet. Joy asks if Jinger has taken a pregnancy test  and says its possible that she could be expecting.

I think this is the first time I've ever given Jessa credit for anything at all, but props to her for telling her sisters not to ask if Jinger is pregnant yet. A rare moment of sense and decency among this crew...

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, breakfree said:

I think this is the first time I've ever given Jessa credit for anything at all, but props to her for telling her sisters not to ask if Jinger is pregnant yet. A rare moment of sense and decency among this crew...

Maybe Jessa got the same question (possibly multiple times) after she got married and she remembers how annoying and intrusive it was. Jill of course set a precedent of getting pregnant basically the second she signed the marriage license, so she didn't have to deal with that.

4 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I hate to say it, but in certain sections of the country, it really is.  And considering AR is in the top-10 for obesity in the country, I'd wager a guess that it's not particularly a common part of daily life in many areas of the state.  

Is it just because so many places are spread out and built more for cars? I grew up in suburbia, where there were always people out walking/jogging/running/bicycling, and now I live in New York, where I routinely break 17,000 steps per day on FitBit; imagining living in a place where you just never walk anywhere, even around your block, is just so alien to me.

And the thing is, I've lived in rural areas. But in China, where cars are often out of rural people's reach, so you'd always see at least a few people walking even on very busy main roads with no sidewalks. Having just no walking at all is just so strange to me.

3 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Is it just because so many places are spread out and built more for cars? I grew up in suburbia, where there were always people out walking/jogging/running/bicycling, and now I live in New York, where I routinely break 17,000 steps per day on FitBit; imagining living in a place where you just never walk anywhere, even around your block, is just so alien to me.

And the thing is, I've lived in rural areas. But in China, where cars are often out of rural people's reach, so you'd always see at least a few people walking even on very busy main roads with no sidewalks. Having just no walking at all is just so strange to me.

Where I live in the Midwest, things are built for cars. There are places with no sidewalks. There is also little or no public transportation and what there is is less than efficient. When I've visited larger cities with good public transportation, I have noticed that everything else is more suitable for walking--so you can walk to your specific destination from the nearest train/bus stop. My little town has no public transportation. The two bigger cities near us have buses, but service is extremely limited. When my cousin lived in the city with no car and two small kids, she tried using buses, but needed to leave home at 5 a.m. and take four different routes to get one to school, the other to daycare and get herself to work by 8:30 a.m. 

We can walk to some places near us--particularly destinations in what was once "downtown". We eat down there and walk occasionally and I walk to the hair salon I go to down there. But to get groceries, we end up in an area with no sidewalks or crosswalks. Likewise to get to places like the drug store or WalMart (which is the only source for many necessities in town--and other places were long gone before their arrival about five years ago). 

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Maybe Jessa got the same question (possibly multiple times) after she got married and she remembers how annoying and intrusive it was. Jill of course set a precedent of getting pregnant basically the second she signed the marriage license, so she didn't have to deal with that.

Actually, Jill did. She clearly said her sisters convinced her to take a test at the TTH. That was the test that came back positive for her pregnancy with Izzy.

So I'm not really going to blame Jill for this one. She didn't start it, her sisters did. And I'm going to guess that this was one of those times the producers kind of asked them to specifically discuss something on camera.

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I also think that Ben and Jessa really wanted to be alone together and the 4 months they waited before they got pregnant was a liberating time for them.  I think they got pregnant on purpose after four months because of the pressure and brand....and I do think that Jessa covers for Jinger and creates ways to support her 

31 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Actually, Jill did. She clearly said her sisters convinced her to take a test at the TTH. That was the test that came back positive for her pregnancy with Izzy.

So I'm not really going to blame Jill for this one. She didn't start it, her sisters did. And I'm going to guess that this was one of those times the producers kind of asked them to specifically discuss something on camera.

I could be remembering wrong, but I thought Jill had already told her sisters she thought she might be pregnant when she took the test that the turned up positive. She was late for her period but had negative tests which she told her sisters about which is when they suggested she take another one. So it's not like they just asked her out of the blue "So you knocked up yet?" as they appear to be doing in the promo. She had already been discussing a possible pregnancy with them.

55 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I could be remembering wrong, but I thought Jill had already told her sisters she thought she might be pregnant when she took the test that the turned up positive. She was late for her period but had negative tests which she told her sisters about which is when they suggested she take another one. So it's not like they just asked her out of the blue "So you knocked up yet?" as they appear to be doing in the promo. She had already been discussing a possible pregnancy with them.

I managed to find two articles:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/jill-duggar-took-three-pregnancy-tests-was-very-surprised-by-baby-news-201489

https://www.google.com/amp/www.today.com/amp/parents/duggar-baby-news-newlywed-jill-announces-pregnancy-1D80087299

Drawing from these:

1. It was the third test she took that was positive.

2. Jill states her sisters asked her if she was pregnant.

3. Jinger was the one who suggested she take one of their mom's tests.

4. Jill didn't think she was pregnant and took it to prove them wrong.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I managed to find two articles:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/jill-duggar-took-three-pregnancy-tests-was-very-surprised-by-baby-news-201489

https://www.google.com/amp/www.today.com/amp/parents/duggar-baby-news-newlywed-jill-announces-pregnancy-1D80087299

Drawing from these:

1. It was the third test she took that was positive.

2. Jill states her sisters asked her if she was pregnant.

3. Jinger was the one who suggested she take one of their mom's tests.

4. Jill didn't think she was pregnant and took it to prove them wrong.

So we don't really know if Jill brought up her late period/negative tests first or not. I guess I filled in the blanks in my imagination. Either way, I still stand by it's rude to flat out ask a woman if she's pregnant if said woman doesn't bring it up first. Even if "TLC made me do it." Jessa clearly states she was against the idea so I give her the props here.

28 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

So we don't really know if Jill brought up her late period/negative tests first or not. I guess I filled in the blanks in my imagination. Either way, I still stand by it's rude to flat out ask a woman if she's pregnant if said woman doesn't bring it up first. Even if "TLC made me do it." Jessa clearly states she was against the idea so I give her the props here.

Yeah, there's really no way to tell. From the way it's written it sounds like they asked and she mentioned the negative tests. But we just don't know if that's how it happened or not. 

As for Jessa, she also could have been told to say that by TLC. We just don't know whether this was a scripted type thing or not. Nothing really shocks or surprises me with this family anymore though.

And yeah, it's rude to normal people. But not to people who literally spent their childhood tracking their mom's menstrual cycle and were raised to believe this is their sole purpose in life. To them, it's normal to be questioned. Maybe not normal to be asked on camera, but that's what happens when you allow your life to be filmed for a reality tv show.

ETA: I don't mean to be argumentative or sound paranoid. I've just seen enough to know they're not really honest about a lot of stuff. So I tend to question the show's version of things pretty heavily.

The problem with Jill was that she took the first pregnancy test 10 minutes after having sex for the first time. So of course it was negative. 

On 5/10/2017 at 8:21 PM, VineHeart137 said:

Yep. Jill had already taken tests before she got the BFP at the TTH.

Jill was obsessed. I think Derick was slightly disappointed? shocked? @ the timing.

On 5/11/2017 at 7:59 AM, VelociRapture said:

And yeah, it's rude to normal people. But not to people who literally spent their childhood tracking their mom's menstrual cycle and were raised to believe this is their sole purpose in life. To them, it's normal to be questioned. Maybe not normal to be asked on camera, but that's what happens when you allow your life to be filmed for a reality tv show. 

I snipped too much by mistake, but regarding Jessa, yeah she could definitely have been prompted by TLC to play the part of the "supportive, unobtrusive sister." I was just speculating that she could have been telling the truth because maybe she didn't like getting asked that question either. Either one is definitely possible.

As far as it being "normal" to them to ask intrusive questions about the wombs of others, that's probably true. It's also normal to them to blanket train, beg strangers for money to go on "mission trips", and think that sex offenders can be cured by doing some heavy lifting. It's still not right. It's not really their fault so much as their parents though.

If jinger isn't pregnant yet and it's due to her wanting to space her kids out more....Maybe jessa is in on Jinjers plan to try and slow down the baby train. If jinger told anyone it would be jessa. So I could see jessa helping her fend off the conversation in that case. Especially because Ben and jessa seemed to really enjoy their 4 months of alone time I think she'd be supportive just not openly. Just an idea though

What is that saying? "A sign of a healthy relationship is that there is no sign of it on social media." Of course, that really only applies to adult relationships...

So if pants is a small step

Pants are not a small step. They still have thhe same evil beliefs.

As I've said before about pants.  Please no more pants.

Parrot ceased.jpg

Well, she IS wearing an athletic shirt, and it looks like they're at a park or baseball field like they are going to/have already work(ed) out. I do kind of wonder if she's wearing a skirt, leggings (!), or some mash-up of both. We've seen her in track pants before back at the TTH

Not to piss off @Coconut Flan any further, I will just conclude by saying that we will never see her wear pants while filming. She'll go the Whitney Bates route, for sure. 

As for her posts themselves, innocuous as hell so far. Will Jinger and Jeremy buck the trend of her sisters and BsIL and not post judgmental Jesus stuff that damns half of their readership to hell? Will Jeremy thoughtfully answer questions about his sermons somewhere on social media? Now that they're out, I guess we just have to sit back and see. 

Shit Jinger, I hope you love him. He essentially purchased you.

I noticed the athletic shirt too, and a little heavy on the eyeliner but I give it to Jinger, she 'appears' happy

Honestly, I don't think what I posted can be said often enough. Fundies cannot be trusted by looks alone.

I was just commenting on her wearing athletic gear (a Puma shirt). it has absolutely nothing to do with their beliefs and everything to do with Jeremy helping her live a healthier lifestyle. We really can't say how much she worked out at home. Sure, we saw her in track pants that one time, but IIRC, it was winter and lord knows how cold that barn of a TTH is. 

Jinger certainly doesn't strike me as the athletic type, but maybe like Jessa, she'll learn to tolerate workouts because she's so obviously anxious to please him. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived