IGNORED

JinJer: Now with Social Media

Destiny

My nephew and my cousin's son could be twins (my cousin's son is actually a twin).

My niece looks exactly like my SIL, her aunt.

On 5/6/2017 at 7:26 PM, VelociRapture said:

You're right. Addallee is the one who looks most like Michael. Ellie looks more like Tori and Callie like Erin.

Amy has joked about that in the past - something about how she swears he isn't actually her kid. :pb_lol:

He does look a lot like her though. Genetics are so weird and so cool.

The Bates make some beautiful children.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

culottes?   CULOTTES?????   Curses!!!  A pox upon whoever mentioned the most fugly garment ever forced upon a woman.  (My ultra-fundie, uber-conservative, lovin-her-some-ATI-rules mother made me wear these. As did my stupid Jesus college when I was stuck on campus.)

Again, I've included the tutorial pictures for Christopher & Banks regarding skorts.  Please study.  There will be a test.  Plexus Slim for the losers.

I don't look like my siblings at all. I look like my mom, my brothers look alike (and like my maternal grandpa), and my sister and dad are twins. 

All five of my kids look like their dad. My youngest looks more like my side of the family then the rest, but they all have dark hair/skin/eyes like my husband. I'm blonde with blue eyes and very fair skin. Also they all have his nice oval face, I have a more pronounced chin that none of them got. 

Johannah looks like Jana, Jennifer looks like Josh, Jordyn looks like Jinger, Josie looks like Jessa. Jana and Jinger look a lot alike, Jinger just uses quite a bit more self tanner IMO. Much like J'chelle. Jill looks absolutely nothing like her sisters. 

I agree with @marmalade and @VelociRapture assessment of the little Bate's girls, and I would like to add that Jeb looks a lot like Trace (funny how they have the same birthday too) and Judson looks like a mini blonde Lawson.

Also there's a chance I mixed up the little boys names. Jeb is the youngest right?

my kids look nothing alike.  Though they all look like my husband, which is odd that they can look like him but don't look like one another. 

When my youngest was around two,  he was the absolute spitting image of my uncle.  It was uncanny.  Up to that point we could not figure out who he looked like.  He didn't look like me, he didn't look like my husband.  We used to joke that they switched him at birth.  And I have to be honest, sometimes I actually thought they may have.  But then my mom dug up a picture of my uncle when he was two and sent it to me and the mystery was solved.  He defintely came from my gene pool!.  But as he got older he started to look just like my dad but now as an adult , he looks more like more like my husband.  My other two have always looked like my husband.  Which is great because he is a looker!

I think Jackson and Josie look really similar (and a lot like Michelle).  I also see a very pronounced resemblance between Jessa, Jedidiah and Jason, and I feel like Spurgeon will look like a brunette version of those two uncles as he gets older.  Joy and Jason also look pretty similar, as do Jill and John-David.  I think Jinger looks like a cross between Michelle and Grandma Mary.  I think JB and Michelle's similar colouring makes their kids look more homogeneous than the Bateseses, who have more of a range of  hair, eye and skin tones. 

I am a clone of my mother. It's eerie. My sister is combo of our father and maternal grandfather.

As I clearly have too much time on my hands, Here is my list of Duggars that I think look like each other the most (with pictures):

Jedediah - Jason (they could be identical twins)

Josh - Johannah

Jennifer - Jana

Amy - James - (Joseph)

Jimbob - Jill

Michelle - Joy - Jessa

Similarities.jpg

see Jeremy is smarter than Ben already in terms that he is posting happy pictures of him  and Jinger = Ben used to do that at the beginning.  He lost that early on. Before the engagement is all happy pictures then bam he gets engaged and we get coffins. 

Jeremy is following Jessa's branding to a tee 

Jessa should re-instruct her husband 

My sisters both have dark hair and olive skin like both of our parents and I'm pasty and blonde. My mom jokes that I looked like her when she was a kid, then my hair forgot to get darker.

34 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

My sisters both have dark hair and olive skin like both of our parents and I'm pasty and blonde. My mom jokes that I looked like her when she was a kid, then my hair forgot to get darker.

I had a friend in High School who's 2 older brothers have dark hair and olive skin. My friend not so much. Both of his brothers married women with the same complication as them my friend did not. 

I honestly can't tell any of the Duggar boys apart. The only ones that stand out to me are John David and Josh. And Josh only stands out because he's known for being the oldest and totally disgusting. Looks wise, he just blends right in with the others. 

Out of all of the older girls, Jill is the one that doesn't look like the others. I know she looks just like Jim Douche but I wouldn't think she was related to the others if I saw all of them walking down the street. 

I think justin, james and jill and to a lesser extent jennifer are the outliers looks wise. I used to think the the Bates kids had way more genetic diversity going on but as they get older i can see a lot of very strong resemblences. I think gil and kellys genes kind of mixed in an overall more aestically pleasing way than what the Duggar kids got. Not saying the Duggar kids are ugly or anything just my opinion.  

14 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

culottes?   CULOTTES?????   Curses!!!  A pox upon whoever mentioned the most fugly garment ever forced upon a woman.  (My ultra-fundie, uber-conservative, lovin-her-some-ATI-rules mother made me wear these. As did my stupid Jesus college when I was stuck on campus.)

Again, I've included the tutorial pictures for Christopher & Banks regarding skorts.  Please study.  There will be a test.  Plexus Slim for the losers.

Oh for fucks sake, memories of my culottes days have just come flooding back. Bad, very bad.  

I think Justin looks like Jessa.  And I agree with others who say Jed and Jason look a like.  Very similar.  Jason is better looking that Jed.  I think 'Jeer' is kind of an outlier too.  First he has different hair than the rest of the boys and he is better looking than the rest.  James was a cute little boy, but not sure how he will look as he ages.

Hannah used to be a cutie, but to me she looks kind of depressed now.  Still a pretty girl, but her spark and snark, is gone.

Overall, the Duggar girls are very pretty.  Even Jill, who resembles JB, is a pretty woman.  Jenny is an outlier to me.  I think she has JB eyes, but the shape of her face is more like Michelle's.  Jana is also somewhat of an outlier.  Seeing her with the older group of girls, I would believe that she was a cousin or just a friend, rather than a sister.  I think what makes Jana look different is she has a fullness in the lower part of her face that the other older girls don't have.  Jessa, Jinger and Joy all have that pointed chin and Jill just has a longish, oval face.  Jana, who I think is beautiful, has more fullness around from the nose down.  As she ages, she may have some drooping there.  Not being critical, we all droop somewhere eventually. 

The Duggar boys, though, hmmm,  Other than Jeremiah, and maybe Justin,  they seem to lose their looks as they age.  I find this interesting.  Because if I can separate my disgust towards JB, I would have to admit that I don't think he is a bad looking guy.  No Robert Redford of course, but decent looking in that white bread sort of way.  Out of the pool of the boys, I think John David is the biggest outlier.  I don't think he looks like either JB or Michelle, but I recall someone posting a picture of Michelle's dad and John David looked like him.

With the Bates,  I think they are all very nice looking kids.  Nathan and Trayce seem to have somewhat different looks than the others.  The girls are all beautiful girls and the boys are cute.  I don't get why so many fundie girls seem to drool over Lawson, though.  He is nicelooking, but I don't think he is the best-looking of the boys.  And I kind of like Nathan's personality.  He seems like a nice kid, and though a goofball, he has a sweet side too.  I suspect the Bates kids will struggle with their weight more than the Duggar kids ( not including Josh) will as both Kelly and Gil are more heavy set.  JB has a gut, like most men his age, but other than that he is fairly slender and Michelle is remarkably slender for a woman with her multi-parity.  I imagine if we ever saw her in more tailored clothing, she would look much thinner.  

16 hours ago, SassyPants said:

My nephew and my cousin's son could be twins (my cousin's son is actually a twin).

My niece looks exactly like my SIL, her aunt.

The Bates make some beautiful children.

Is Callie the middle one? Alyssa's daughter Allie Jane looks IDENTICAL to the one in the middle when she was a little younger. I think I posted an older photo of her before and it's uncanny (except Allie Jane has a more strawberry blonde hair color) 

Just going to leave this here. As I roll my eyes. 

Aw, c'mon Jing, nobody wants to see that again.

Titillate us! Give us something new!

50 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

The thing is... I have a bunch of photos like that from my wedding. My dad kissing me, my dad kissing my brother, me kissing my husband, and my girlfriends and I kissing the groomsman. In every one of those photos the kissee is beaming a weird, natural, crinkly-faced smile. Jinger looks like it was posed very carefully and she was just told to smile. I don't know how to express it properly - I know it's exhausting to keep smiling for wedding photos, your whole face aches and you would give anything to just relax, but this photo just screams that she's really uncomfortable. And if that's the case, why would she use that photo to show how much she loves her parents? Maybe she doesn't see it that way...

ETA: to the looks discussion, if you took my Mum's face and my Dad's face, put them together, and then made one look more feminine and one more masculine, you'd have me and my brother. We both look just like both our parents and just like each other. My (half) sister also looks a lot like me - this morning on my FB memories a photo came up where we basically have the same face, as well.

On 5/7/2017 at 2:35 PM, Carm_88 said:

I'm so disappointed in her for not using the purple heart. Get it together, Jing. 

On 5/7/2017 at 4:05 PM, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I'm so disappointed in her for not using the purple heart. Get it together, Jing. 

50 shades of eww

On 5/3/2017 at 5:31 PM, Carm_88 said:

Jeremy wanted to be different for a while to create hype? That would be my best guess. I would say that they weren't interested but why would they all of a sudden be interested? It's crafty. Whatever it is. 

Crafty, or advertising.  I bet advertising.  Be the good little minister's wife, promote his terrible church.

On 5/3/2017 at 5:58 PM, Jinder Roles said:

He sent JB over 100 pages of questionnaire where he claims the most important section was about "how he came to know the Lord"

If I write over 100 pages on the virtues of eating bacon every night before bed, I'd be called obsessive and told I need a hobby.  Why, when that obsession is religion, is it seen as admirable?

On 5/3/2017 at 6:45 PM, Tangy Bee said:

Hey, I never thought for a minute that Jeremy would pass up easy TLC money. They will outgrow that apt pretty fast. Buying a house will probably be his next big step.

He won't pass it up in the end, but I think he'll try to maintain some control.  He had a chance to get used to being admired in a way Ben and Derick didn't.  I don't think he'd take well to deferring to someone else.  So I think he's going to do it on his own terms.

On 5/3/2017 at 7:14 PM, nst said:

what I don't get is that everyone thinks he is so special and won't conform 

he just did 

he fell in 

He will.  In a way that leaves him feeling in control.

On 5/7/2017 at 4:27 PM, Jug Band Baby said:

If I write over 100 pages on the virtues of eating bacon every night before bed, I'd be called obsessive and told I need a hobby.  Why, when that obsession is religion, is it seen as admirable?

I'd have just one line describing the virtues of bacon.

Because, bacon.

On 5/4/2017 at 8:05 PM, Greendoor said:

Always amazes me that the JB and J'chelle had FOUR YEARS to themselves before Josh; and yet they can't seem to allow their children that same time to establish coupledom.

They had a lot of things the deprive their children of.  Choices, freely choosing their own spouses, jobs if Michelle wanted, pants and shorts, you name it.  None of those are little things.  Do you think for even a second that they'd let Jana wear pants or get a job outside the house without kicking her out?

I think that if Jana really wanted to get a job outside the TTH, they'd say that they'd prayed about it and decided Jana could take the job, and be a blessing to others.  However, I think Jana is too indoctrinated to want to leave the house and her  "children" to pursue a career.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived