IGNORED

JinJer: Now with Social Media

Destiny

10 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

My dog announced my pregnancy!

Hide contents

IMG_6087.JPG.256fe172af63b3ef2af8abf25706b4a0.JPG

This was actually taken the day I found out I was pregnant. Velocipuppy sitting with it was the first thing my husband saw when he got home - he had no clue until he saw it. Lol!

I'm a big fan of pets being included in important family announcements. I do hope that JinJer aren't getting a pet though because, like others, I don't know if they'd take proper care of a pet.

If Jeremy had a dog growing up, I could see them properly handling a smaller/does-well-in-apartments breed. 

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My boy Remy is like a sheltie/mini Aussie mix mutt and only about 20 lbs so if we ever move again he'd be ok in a smaller house/apartment. Even though it seems the Duggar history of pets has been awful, I'd rather see JinJer with a furbaby than a human one.

14 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

My dog announced my pregnancy!

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_6087.JPG.256fe172af63b3ef2af8abf25706b4a0.JPG

This was actually taken the day I found out I was pregnant. Velocipuppy sitting with it was the first thing my husband saw when he got home - he had no clue until he saw it. Lol!

I'm a big fan of pets being included in important family announcements. I do hope that JinJer aren't getting a pet though because, like others, I don't know if they'd take proper care of a pet.

This is so CUTE!

Honestly I think they'll have a baby pretty soon if she's not already pregnant, as to appear to be not preventing. But then I think they'll space out they're kids with some sort of method after the first so they only end up with 5ish kids. I don't think jinger is the one to rock the boat that much but I do think she would do what she wanted in a low key way.  They would get the least suspicion with that method I think. 

16 hours ago, Dubiousclaire said:

Having just paid summer tuition for 2 classes at community college for my daughter ($744), I am convinced the real reason that the Duggars don't go to college is that Jim Bob is a tight wad.  

Tuition, and the act of filling out the Fafsa for potentially 19 kids is daunting, to be fair. But that is why I only had two kids. 

A lot of the kids have dreams of careers that require college, but by the time they hit 18 years old, it disappears. 

Jim Bob is willing to pay to send multiple sons to Alert Academy--and he sent Joe to Crown College for a year.  Basic training at Alert to become a fundy Christian militiaman is $3, 640  [source: https://www.alertacademy.com/alert/admissions/tuition-fees/].

Jim Bob could afford community college for at least some of his children if he believed in secular education. He does not.

54 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Honestly I think they'll have a baby pretty soon if she's not already pregnant, as to appear to be not preventing. But then I think they'll space out they're kids with some sort of method after the first so they only end up with 5ish kids. I don't think jinger is the one to rock the boat that much but I do think she would do what she wanted in a low key way.  They would get the least suspicion with that method I think. 

This would be the way to go for fundies who aren't ready to deal with questions and guilt trips. Let's just hope they really do want a kid though, because it would suck to have one just to appease fundie family/friends.

17 hours ago, Dubiousclaire said:

Tuition, and the act of filling out the Fafsa for potentially 19 kids is daunting, to be fair. But that is why I only had two kids.

Omg just the taught of filling out Fafsa for 19 kids makes me want to get my tubes tied. Plus college applications. That's pure hell. 

Weren't some of them doing College Plus? Although I could never quite figure out what it was for.

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Weren't some of them doing College Plus? Although I could never quite figure out what it was for.

Yes, several of the girls, and Josiah even shilled for it. But, like with so many things in the Duggarverse, it never seemed to add up to anything.  

But that is an excellent point. JB shelled out for Alert Academy AND for College Plus  [although maybe they got some College Plus classes for free in exchange for publicity).  Instead, he could have paid for a secular, accredited community college degree or technical college certification that actually have real value.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Jim Bob is willing to pay to send multiple sons to Alert Academy--and he sent Joe to Crown College for a year.  Basic training at Alert to become a fundy Christian militiaman is $3, 640  [source: https://www.alertacademy.com/alert/admissions/tuition-fees/].

Jim Bob could afford community college for at least some of his children if he believed in secular education. He does not.

And on this one the Bate's parents are superior. They encourage some education outside the home and do not seem anti-working for others.

The Bateses' children are not totally useless without Gil. 

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Yes, several of the girls, and Josiah even shilled for it. But, like with so many things in the Duggarverse, it never seemed to add up to anything.  

But that is an excellent point. JB shelled out for Alert Academy AND for College Plus  [although maybe they got some College Plus classes for free in exchange for publicity).  Instead, he could have paid for a secular, accredited community college degree or technical college certification that actually have real value.

He's paid for some things that can be pricey, like the pilots licenses and dont some of them have CDL licenses?  I'm not sure that he paid for ALERT because having fundie royalty there boosts the brand.  I'm sure he worked something out.  You'd think that a school like Liberty would welcome a Duggar child for a similar reason.  They could pay for the tuition in speaking engagements.  But no, that would let them out of their clutches for too long!

Lol on the comments about small animals in an apartment.  We had a 90# Rott and a 120# Belgian Shepherd in 2 different two bedroom apartments (5yrs total).  Lots of walks and roaming farmers' fields and off leash time made it doable.  But it wasn't in 4,000° Texas!  And....we spent time reading and learning about dogs and dog training.  It's doable.....but you need to put forth alot of effort and time.....will they do so?!

6 minutes ago, BoPeep said:

Lol on the comments about small animals in an apartment.  We had a 90# Rott and a 120# Belgian Shepherd in 2 different two bedroom apartments (5yrs total).  Lots of walks and roaming farmers' fields and off leash time made it doable.  But it wasn't in 4,000° Texas!  And....we spent time reading and learning about dogs and dog training.  It's doable.....but you need to put forth alot of effort and time.....will they do so?!

And you understand that an animal is a commitment for life.  Duggars.... not so much!  My guess is they'd dump fido as soon as they realized they had to put booties on its paws because the pavement is too hot to walk.

8 minutes ago, BoPeep said:

It's doable.....but you need to put forth alot of effort and time.....will they do so?!

I think that's what people meant, the Duggars can't take care of their human children! They would get a dog for show and then the dog would be promptly forgotten about. Walks? Do Duggars walk? I don't know about Jeremy but Jinger hasn't had very good role models.

10 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I think that's what people meant, the Duggars can't take care of their human children! They would get a dog for show and then the dog would be promptly forgotten about. Walks? Do Duggars walk? I don't know about Jeremy but Jinger hasn't had very good role models.

Hopefully since they are currently in close quarters they would not be able to actually ignore the dog completely and since Jinger wouldn't have to share the dog with 20 something other people she could actually form a bond with it (if they get one). 

Ugh how rude of them to ask her that while filming. I can't tell if the look on her face says "Wtf is wrong with these morons?" Or "I'm pregnant but not ready to say so." 

Don't get pregnant yet, Jinger! Babies are the best but you should build a strong foundation with your husband before adding babies! My husband and I only had 3.5 months of marriage before our oldest was born. I love our son so much but it would have been nice if it had been just us for a bit longer.

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And on this one the Bate's parents are superior. They encourage some education outside the home and do not seem anti-working for others.

The Bateses' children are not totally useless without Gil. 

Does Crown really count though? I know they got some sort of accreditation very recently, but my limited understanding is that Crown is in no way a rigorous or decent education. Yeah, it's more than the Duggars got - but if their parents really wanted their kids to pursue a decent education why not push them towards the community college route? Michael earned her Associate's from a community college, so why haven't the other Bateses currently in school gone that route?

I do agree about the jobs. However, it's really important to remember that the Duggars had more money than the Bateses - Kelly and Gil may not have had much of a choice other than to encourage their adult children to work.  

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Not sure about JinJer, but wasn't it Ben who made that ridiculous post about going on walks with your spouse to deepen the relationship or some such? 

ETA: tried looking for the post but can't find it. 

6 minutes ago, WhoompThereItIs said:

Not sure about JinJer, but wasn't it Ben who made that ridiculous post about going on walks with your spouse to deepen the relationship or some such? 

I believe that was Chad Paine.  

It seems silly now, but at the time the Paines were the first fundie couple to publicly admit that marriage wasn't instant sunshine and roses, that it took some adjusting, and that they needed to continue to check in, be honest with each other, and make an effort to give their partner what they needed.  Contrast that with Josh and Anna, who always portrayed their marriage as completely perfect by design, and it's quite a refreshing perspective.  

I'm not trying to leghump the Paines, but THAT particular post was honest and took guts.  I'll give them that.  

No, it was Ben who made the post about going on walks. I didn't think it was ridiculous at all, actually. You'd be surprised how many people might find that a novel concept and think, "Hmm, great idea!" Encouraging people to get outdoors and exercise with their family members is not something I'm going to criticize anyone for.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Encouraging people to get outdoors and exercise with their family members is not something I'm going to criticize anyone for.

Oh I agree. I was just snarking on him presenting it as a novel concept.

3 minutes ago, WhoompThereItIs said:

Oh I agree. I was just snarking on him presenting it as a novel concept.

I hate to say it, but in certain sections of the country, it really is.  And considering AR is in the top-10 for obesity in the country, I'd wager a guess that it's not particularly a common part of daily life in many areas of the state.  

2 hours ago, WhoompThereItIs said:

Seewald blog, IIRC. They went for a walk with Spurgeon, Ben wrote something...errr...profound, but in fact stupid, and was snarked on mercilessly.

On 5/6/2017 at 4:04 AM, motelmum said:

They sound like our netball nicks. We had to wear them as the bottom half of our sports uniforms (I went to a unisex school)  Ours were dark navy blue.  Slipped over you undies they were incredibly comfortable. 

Hide contents

590d833487b33_netballnicks.jpg.7c8f2b76b9e53c86e225900a536a8334.jpg

Cheerleaders call these spankies :)  

Just now, xlurker said:

Cheerleaders call these spankies :)  

And because I was a smart ass (and a cheerleader) in high school, I called them my "spank me's". 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived