IGNORED

Jana's Future 4 - Family Ties

choralcrusader8613

12 hours ago, snickers34 said:

Hot fundie guys strike me as ridiculously narcissistic, selfish, cray-cray, and it in for the wrong reasons. 

I feel like that describes Lawson Bates perfectly.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Janas response about joy and austins first kiss had me annoyed for her. She just looked irritated and like wtf why would you ask me about this. But for the record, I don't think they did too bad for it's probably being Austins first time too. 

6 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Seriously, what is in the Paine parents koolaid? They had some hot sons. 

Maybe it's the same stuff in the water at Leavensden Studios that morphed those Harry Potter actors into hotties. 

Excuse me while I drool over Matthew Lewis (Neville)

22 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Maybe it's the same stuff in the water at Leavensden Studios that morphed those Harry Potter actors into hotties. 

Excuse me while I drool over Matthew Lewis (Neville)

That boy is the definition of puberty done right. He's so hot. 

The Duggars seem kind of shallow, so I can't imagine Jana not marrying someone good looking. All the husbands so far are pretty good looking. Derick was cute in a nerdy way at first but I don't really think Jill would have courted cave man Derick. Also, should JD end up with some 11/10 fundie woman since he has been waiting for a spouse just as long as Jana? Maybe Meghan Fox has a fundie lookalike out there somewhere......

John David courting Jana's best friend would be ideal. They all know her well and Jana and her potential future courter could go on double dates with them. Bachelor til the rapture though.  

I personally think Ben was not good looking when he first started courting Jessa, but has become much better looking with age (all 21 years of it !). I actually just posted a picture in he main Duggar thread of when they started courting. Jessa looks beautiful and he looks....like a little boy with shaggy, oily hair. 

I try not to judge their looks though, so I won't make critiquing appearances a habit . I'd much rather discuss their ugly, oily, dirty beliefs instead :pb_lol:

A question about the floor plan of the TTH that was posted earlier in the thread: What is a good bye room? :confused2:

And isn't it a bit weird that guests staying in the guest room have to walk through the laundry? Actually I have so many questions now that I think about it. That house is weird! 

9 hours ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

John David courting Jana's best friend would be ideal. They all know her well and Jana and her potential future courter could go on double dates with them. Bachelor til the rapture though.  

I think Laura is gorgeous. And if she's 30 he could keep the size of his quiver down a bit as well. Perk!

I havn't seen the wedding (life and all that) so I don't know how much of a joke it was but ”bachelor til the rapture” sounds like something I would have said when I was single, constantly pining over unavalible men, and felt like I would never find anyone but didn't want anyone to know how unhappy and alone I really was. I hope both him and Jana are happy with their single lifes. 

10 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I try not to judge their looks though, so I won't make critiquing appearances a habit . I'd much rather discuss their ugly, oily, dirty beliefs instead :pb_lol:

A million likes! Especially after the presidunce was elected, I just see a whole lot of ugly knowing they support the cretin-in-chief. A million ughs.

6 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

What is a good bye room? 

It's their room right off the side entrance to the driveway, next to the garage. Basically a front/side hall where you greet people/say goodbye. I think it's a name they just made up, but the sentiment is definitely a midwestern thing - kind of like a Minnesota goodbye: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Minnesota Goodbye

1 hour ago, snickers34 said:

It's their room right off the side entrance to the driveway, next to the garage. Basically a front/side hall where you greet people/say goodbye. I think it's a name they just made up, but the sentiment is definitely a midwestern thing - kind of like a Minnesota goodbye: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Minnesota Goodbye

Ahh yes, the Minnesota goodbye.  I'll be doing a lot of that this weekend when I visit my parents.

26 minutes ago, obiwanfreak said:

Ahh yes, the Minnesota goodbye.  I'll be doing a lot of that this weekend when I visit my parents.

I've been in MN my whole life and I never realized just how widespread the practice of a MN goodbye is until I caught myself doing it last weekend. 

Regarding the 'Minnesota goodbye', I have never quite experienced it, but the strangest 'Goodbye' ritual I can think of right now was when we had two small children and hubby and I visited one of his relatives one afternoon.  The visit was fine until we got up to go, and then we all stood by the front door for a few minutes while his aunt and uncle told us they'd enjoyed our visit, "your kids are so cute, smart, well-behaved, etc.  Come again soon."  We reciprocated by telling them what a wonderful time we'd had and would certainly visit again.  

The weird part came when we got in the car to leave and realized that Auntie and Uncle were standing in the open doorway with their arms around each other's waists while waving at us with their free hands.  One kid, about three at the time, asked why those people were standing there staring at us.  I told them to smile and wave.  

Hubby backed to the end of the driveway and waited for traffic to clear enough to get on the road.  It was a main thoroughfare and traffic was heavy, so we were waiting for a while.  Aunti and Uncle were still standing there waving.  Our older child got annoyed and said "They want us to go.  They keep waving goodbye to us."  Hubby growled that he was waiting for traffic to clear.  I smiled and waved.  Auntie and Uncle were starting to look a little strained.  We kept looking down the street for an opening in the traffic and back to the front door to smile and wave.  

Finally Auntie and Uncle decided they'd done their duty long enough and went back inside.  Then they kept peeking from behind the curtains to see if we were still there.  Our youngest thought it was great fun to catch them peeking and would yell "They're looking at us again!"  Then she'd laugh and wave excitedly at the curtains.  Our oldest, a sober six year old, found a book and pretended she didn't know us.

We probably only waited about ten minutes to clear the driveway, but it felt like an hour.  We learned to time our visits to low traffic hours after that.

BTW, does anyone else have trouble getting off the phone?  I swear, the second someone says "Well, I guess we should hang up now...", even if the conversation had already died and we'd spent the last couple of minutes listening to each other just breathe, someone (only me about half the time) will always say "By the way, blah blah blah", and it's another five minutes of talk.  This can happen several times before we finally end the call.

Haha @Flossie we do the standing in the doorway waving goodbye thing too, and we live on a very busy main road so it often takes forever to get a break in traffic to get out of the driveway. About 2 weeks ago, my aunt and uncle were visiting and the waiting and waving when they left went on for ages. Eventually through gritted teeth while still smiling away at them, I said to my Mum 'can we close the door yet' as it was getting weird and awkward. It felt kinda rude (don't know why) to just shut the door  on them.

And my Mum is awful at the goodbyes on the phone, she goes 'bye,bye, bye ,bye bye buh buh buh bye bye b bbbbbb bye bye bye' - the bye -ing goes on for forever. Every time I shout at her to put down the phone down now . but she can't get out of the habit of it.

I have relatives that I don't see very often.When I do see them and it's time to go,they stand in the driveway and wave...while our car is going down their street.You can turn around to look and they are still there waving.

My daughters slept in a queen bed and shared a room by choice until the oldest went to middle school. They had 2 rooms. The other had a daybed but they called it their "office playroom" lol.  I don't see a problem. I don't even see an issue with very young children with boys and girls. I let their boy cousin sleep with them several times when we kept him overnight. 

Jana is different, she has to sleep with babies and children she did not "make." I mean have you ever slept with your kid or toddler? Knees, elbows, wiggles?? Ugh Mine are grown! I still remember.

And As to a goodbye ritual...My grandparents are gone now but they stood on the porch in ANY weather and waved until we were out of sight! 

Whoa. I didn't realize that the Minnesota Goodbye was actually a thing other people did (and that it actually has a proper name!). It's something my ALL my family does, and heck, I'm originally from MN! 

My dad somehow always pulls the Minnesota Goodbye on me when I'm leaving the house in a rush... He even stands and waves at me until I close the garage door on him.

When we have guests over, we always walk them out past our front gate and make sure they're safe in their running car(s) before we leave them (our neighborhood is quite safe, but we've had guests have car trouble before, and being right there to help is a whole lot less awkward than having the doorbell rung again...)

I can't belief we thread drifted right into Minnesotaisms.   Lol. This just made my day.. Uff Dah,  You betcha!!!

On 06/15/2017 at 5:53 AM, Iamtheway said:

I think Laura is gorgeous. And if she's 30 he could keep the size of his quiver down a bit as well. Perk!

I havn't seen the wedding (life and all that) so I don't know how much of a joke it was but ”bachelor til the rapture” sounds like something I would have said when I was single, constantly pining over unavalible men, and felt like I would never find anyone but didn't want anyone to know how unhappy and alone I really was. I hope both him and Jana are happy with their single lifes. 

Heck..."Bachelor Til the Rapture" sounds like it could be a ranking on here!

The Minnesotan Goodbye sounds just like how Greeks say bye.  It takes us forever to actually leave after we initially say we will

On 6/17/2017 at 0:36 AM, potato said:

The Minnesotan Goodbye sounds just like how Greeks say bye.  It takes us forever to actually leave after we initially say we will

Born and raised Minnesotan here, we do take forever sometimes. I think it is more with people we don't see as often but I have been part of many MN goodbyes in my life. Visiting grandma is one. 

Chiming in as a lifelong New Englander:

My family sits at the window or stands in the door to wave goodbye. We live on quiet streets though, so it's usually only for a minute or so. We close the door after the car starts driving down the street. The baby, dog, and I also wave to my husband from the window when he leaves for work. He says it's one of his favorite times of day to see his lovely ladies in the window.

My BIL is seven years younger than husband. When he was a kid, he would race the car on the front lawn. It was actually really cute. He stopped doing that as a teenager though.

And my mom's side is of entirely Irish descent. Dad likes to joke that the Irish have made saying hello and goodbye an art form because it takes so long (he's mostly of German descent - so the quicker and more efficient, the better.) :pb_lol:

On 6/15/2017 at 11:42 AM, snickers34 said:

LOL, my mom calls that a *MyMaidenName* goodbye... We'll talk more saying goodbye, than we did the whole rest of the time....and we're all from Texas

On 6/17/2017 at 1:36 AM, potato said:

I've never heard of the term Minnesotan Goodbye.  Loving learning new terms!  My husband calls it "Lolligagging"

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived